[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cults and family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: 1435308572582.jpg (49 KB, 567x395) Image search: [Google]
1435308572582.jpg
49 KB, 567x395
so /x/ anybody in his family had or is in a cult or a strange religion?
has affected your relations with your loved ones?

my mom used to take me to strange meeting went I was a kid
>>
>>17657171
Tell more about the "strange meeting" to draw people into the thread
>>
>>17657171
My grandmother was in a cult, shit was weird yo. She eventually died (old age) up at their compound.
>>
>>17657214
Basically ripped my family apart, not that it wasn't already in tatters anyway. Well adjusted people don't generally join cults.

Talking to her was brutal. Just imagine the craziest religious zealot you've ever met and multiply that by 100.

I helped her stockpile her house for Y2K. When that didn't happen, she get crazier and moved up their compound around 2006-ish. That was the last I saw of her.
>>
>>17657213
well I don't remember exactly because i was like 11 or 10 at the time but here I go
>mom after work went to a house with other people to listen to a guy talk about astral shit and reincarnation
>talking about christ and avatars?
>mom frequently went to the meeting with a notepad and wrote down some symbols and passes from the bible
>times go on and to time to time i went to and became friends with the priest? kids
>we talk about the topics that we had to listen but also vidya and stuff
>this go on for about 3-4 months
>my mom told me that we had to go to an initiation of this church
cont.
>>
>>17657296
Cont faster you cunt
>>
File: 31gmask3.jpg (114 KB, 501x519) Image search: [Google]
31gmask3.jpg
114 KB, 501x519
>>17657340
>>
File: 1445526752835.jpg (227 KB, 1182x1600) Image search: [Google]
1445526752835.jpg
227 KB, 1182x1600
>>17657340
sorry I had an emergency at work
>what a initiation? like when they give you the wafer at church?
>i went to a catholic school i was bluffing with my mom to tell me what the fuck this initiation was
>no honey its a little different you and i were gonna pray in a different way
>wut
>so the day came on a Saturday at night
>I was afraid of what this shit was since the nuns at the school say that any pagan shit is heresy and pretty much i was gonna go to hell
>but at the same time, i feel like my mom wouldn't do anything bad right?
>we go in the house and there's a lot of people there
>like 12 or 15 more people that i didn't know
>i didn't saw the "priest"
>just chilling in the plastic chairs talking of what astral shit they saw and be closer to God
>meanwile all the females were peeling grapes to make some juice
>some other people bring some flowers and plants that smell like shit
cont.
>>
File: 1432112787601.jpg (206 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
1432112787601.jpg
206 KB, 750x1050
>>17657747
>then when the was enough juice for everybody they turn off the lights
>what
>the priest wife? started to give full blue robes with a golden string as a belt
>somethnig like pic related but with a shorter string belt and golden
>they have like one for everybody what the fuck
>I was just there waiting to get the fuck out to the car
>one woman give me the smallest one and says that he ceremony was about to start and that i should put this on
>i look at my mom
>she tell me that i need to hurry that the ceremony has started
>everybody follow and they started to form a line and started to walk the stairs to the second floor
>second floor?
>i follow behind her
cont.
>>
>>17657171
I'm not sure if this counts but I had a grandpa in the masons, he never talked about it and I never knew until he died and a bunch of people I did not know of in robes and shit came to his funeral.
>>
FASTER THAN LIGHT YOU MUST CONT THE STORY! and if he doesn't respond in 10 minutes that cult just killed him.
>>
op ded
>>
Seems OP was spared no expense
>>
File: 1462073231292.png (453 KB, 550x361) Image search: [Google]
1462073231292.png
453 KB, 550x361
Op is kill
>>
>>17657171
I grew up in a strange religion that had a "king", and called themselves "God's chosen people".
>>
>>17659982
I was in that, they made us drink the blood of his son and eat his flesh.
>>
File: jLZz4Na.gif (498 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
jLZz4Na.gif
498 KB, 420x315
>>17657779
>>
>>17657779
WHERE DID YOU GO?
>>
>>17657779
This is OP's mother. My child should not have shared this information with you pagans. You are a bad influence on him, and you are dragging him down to hell with you. I am taking him to the high priest for corrective meditation. You won't hear from him again.
>>
>>17661395
sure.. on the off chance that this is real, paganism is best religion
>>
Op is way dead
Just when it was getting interesting
>>
File: 1436084160935.jpg (4 KB, 172x225) Image search: [Google]
1436084160935.jpg
4 KB, 172x225
clover in my phone showed 404 before I am an asshole for not continuing the story and that i am alive
>>17657807
>>17657900

>so I was there just waiting behind my mom
>about 8 or 6 people in front of me
>this crazy people take this roleplay very serious
>before they got to the door there was some obelisk's
>one white and other one black with gold around 2 mts get fuck americucks
there's a guy waiting and the first guy say some sentence and the guy let them get trough
>wut
>>
File: 1437713099354.jpg (40 KB, 256x257) Image search: [Google]
1437713099354.jpg
40 KB, 256x257
>>17661999
>the people say the phrase and then the let them pass
>my mom told me the sentence to say it to the priest helper
>love is law love under will
>...um.. ok
>every body pass and I got to the door
>love is lw..um will?
>I get to the motherfucking back and say love is law love under will
>I finally pass is a big room with checked tiles black and white like a chess
>white everything with a black ceiling
>and then an altar with a picture of a guy in black and white
>only candles light up the room
>theres the priest with a cane or baculum?
>they say something about love and white guild or something
>then they do a series of moves to resemble a pentagram
>some thing about love and life THELEMA!!!!!
>THELEMAA!
>.......
>Something, something ye shall exceed the nations of earth in splendour
>>
my moms family are seventh day adventist. i think thats a cult. you worship ellen white, eat shitty processed vegetarian dog food for people, and its NO FUN ALLOWED ALL THE TIME HARD MODE EDITION.
>>
>>17662066
>love is law love under will

kek

Did you get to suck any eggs anon?
>>
>>17662144
kek
>>
>>17662066
I am glad OP is okay.. that does sound strange.
>>
File: Aghori4.gif (599 KB, 1150x832) Image search: [Google]
Aghori4.gif
599 KB, 1150x832
>>17657171
Ive basically been an Aghori for 16 years living as a householder. For 16 years have had the same mala (prayer) beads made of bones carved into skulls.

Parents are in a weird cult as well. They are Catholic and they eat their god every week and drink his blood which Catholics believe literally not symbolically. They worship a failed Jew prophet who only had 12 disciples. The thing their religion believe proves it right is that he came back to life and can't die; I don't think anyone has seen him. Its silly to me to worship all zombies as god and then want to eat them and drink their blood and telepathically tell them they are our masters. I don't see how zombies could have special powers to send us to Heaven. Stopped believing at 8 at first communion when all the sudden Im suppose to believe priests have powers to absolve sin cause they wear a special uniform.
>>
>>17663315
>Ive basically been an Aghori for 16 years living as a householder.

tell us about your experiences and the progress of your sadhana please?
>>
My grandfather was a Mason.

His friends talked him into joining because he was a Pastor for about 10-12 years. But at the time he had started his own business and was making quite a bit of money. He was in the lodge for about 3 years before he had a pretty big falling out with them.

He would almost never talk about it. He claimed it was because they kept asking him for money, and lowered dues on senior members because they had been recruiting wealthier new people to bleed.

That's all he told me, and at the time I was way too young to have comprehended much. But my grandmother (after he died.) sort of hinted at him being asked to do some really weird stuff, which caused him to quit.

The only quote he ever gave me about the Masons, just a few month before he died was this.

"It's a room full of people who are such bastards that they had to buy friends. None of em' were good people and they like to hide behind their boys club to appear like they are. They threatened my well bein'...and yours, and I was gone"

I hope he meant money, but yeah.
>>
>>17663380
so you must have recognized the rituals described in the greentext right?
>>
>>17663715
Which ones?

I never saw any rituals. Or have done much into Masonic rituals.

The only thing that sounds familiar is the white and black obelisk stuff, since that is what is outside of the lodge he went to.

He purposely kept it all a secret from the rest of the family.
>>
>>17663315
Ive got to call you out on your bullshit. First off, im atheist before you try to brand me catholic out of desperation. Secondly, no one has ever tried to say the whole blood and body thing is literal. Only you. No one has ever thought bread/crackers and juice/wine is THE literal blood and body of a dead guy. And to top it all off, you have prayer beads made of bones and you call them the weird ones? Autism at its peak everybody.
>>
My parents are in the OTO and EGC. No negative effect at all. They got into Thelema because they were curious about what I was reading as a teen. Think it was Magick In Theory and Practice or some such. As they got further into it, I grew less interested. The big secret of the 9,10, and 11th degrees is kind of gay. Especially the 11th.
>>
>>17663745
the tile floor, the alter. the phrase you were asked to recite. you had mentioned they took all the roll play very seriously. freemasonry is a system of learnings from what i gather which is comprised and held together by "rituals" or "plays" which act as initiation to the next step of the freemason hierarchy.
>>
>>17663315
Catholautism
>>
>>17663787
I'm not the guy you're thinking of. I just said my grandpa was a mason for a short time. I didn't go into any detail about what he did, since I don't know.
>>
>>17663788
kek
>>
>>17657171
A good friend of mine joined a cult called Christianity. He went from a normal 19 year old to a retard almost overnight. He would spend all day doing jobs for the Church, handing out leaftets, and became obsessed with the Bible. He was brainwashed. He barely spoke to his mum, sisters or bro, unless it was to preach. He was in total denial of any facts that prove the Bible was wrong.

6 months later he snapped out of it and returned to normal. He was embarrassed by what had happened and spent weeks apologising to friends and family.
>>
>>17657171
My brother has all kinds of batshit beliefs. The reason I started coming to /x/ was to get some insight. Sure enough about half of his crap has shown up on here at some point. Pretty sure he's full paranoid schizo now. We haven't spoken in 2-3 years and that's fine with me. He stormed off after I laughed at him saying we never went to the moon.

Don't be my brother. Ground yourself at least a tiny bit in reality.
>>
>>17663797
my apology i meant to respond to OP
>>
Guy I know went to prison and came out a muslim if that counts
>>
>>17663833
>Prison turned him into a Muslim

Is he black?
>>
>>17663831
No problem!
>>
There's this family member who was kinda down on her luck, and had always been a bit mentally unstable and not the sharpest tool in the shed.

A few years ago she got involved in some sort of cult, where a woman who called herself a witch coerced into donating a shitload of money, threatening with curses. She ended up dirt poor and more unstable than before, living in her own filth until she was taken to an asylum for the elderly and the demented.
>>
>>17663836
Nope. White.
>>
>>17663891
Oh...shit...he's too far gone.
>>
>>17663893
UK prisons are now a muslim breeding ground.
>>
>>17657171
My sister is a femenist, does that count?
>>
>>17663896
>UK

Oh. It all makes sense now. I feel really bad for the UK man.
>>
>>17663823
>he thinks we went to the moon
>>
>>17663911
Thanks anon. Me too.

Are you from US? Please vote Donald, bro. Clinton will fuck us all over, starting with the US. I don't want to die. I have daughters. Clinton is basically a CIA agent. She doesn't care about people. All she sees is $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Help the World. Vote Trump I beg you.
>>
>>17663953
>From the U.S.

Born and raised Southerner yo.

>Vote Donald

I'm going to. I mean, if it (and it will) comes down to him or Hillary, I'll have to. He's the only guy who has said anything I remotely agree with.
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 564x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 564x747
>>17663315

>I don't see how zombies could have special powers to send us to Heaven

The white light contains everything. At the center, you're both dead and alive, in Heaven and on Earth.

This concept is expressed in the Chinese concept of Jiangshi. These vampires have stiff bodies, and hop from place to place. Xian are supposed to have the demeanor of a Quail, and flight is a big part of that - they seem to jump into the sky like a Quail.

Daoism is very hands-off - seeking immortality is considered wrong-headed, and a Jiangshi is considered an abomination animated only by the Earthly souls, not the Heavenly ones.

The Dharmic concept of monism implies a unity of purity and impurity - Tibetian Buddhism refers to this as Kadag. From an enlightened perspective, there's no difference between a corpse and a living body. A Xian isn't going to be stopped by mortal attachment to the delusional concept of life and death.

The Xian and the Rishi turn themselves into Jiangshi in order to attain the Sambhogakaya, or diamond/lightening/enjoyment body. Daoists also speak of placing their souls into objects such as plates and statues.

In the modern west, the transhumanists continue this 'eternal life through death' concept, and will likely succeed in producing walking, talking Buddhas on an assembly line. Europeans are attached to immortaliy in this way - their dharma doesn't allow free and easy immortality.

>priests have powers to absolve sin cause they wear a special uniform

They wear black uniforms, don't they? Black, red, gold and white. The black absorbs electromagnetic radiation, white the three other colors emit it.

Note that the average priest wears black, but the higher ups wear white and gold. The lowers absorb your sin, and the highers' virtue. The highers specialize in emitting virtuous radiation, which is sucked up by the darkest - the most sinful - in the room.

Sin and virtue are non-existant abstracts, and what's really being moved around is energy.
>>
>>17663899
Yes, if she is like my sister, then Id say it counts.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.