[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best/entry level book for getting into witchcraft?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
What is the best/entry level book for getting into witchcraft?
>>
>>17656560
Comics.

By Alan Moore or Grant Morrison.

Can't get easier than that.
>>
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
>>
The bible. Then the quran.
>>
I mean something more int erms of history and practice, maybe some white / healing magic stuff.
>>
File: 1461943617222.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1461943617222.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>17656580
I agree those are great tools
>>
The Witch's Bible, is pretty thorough.

The most basic thing I remember was Slater's, The Book of Pagan Ritual, but that was 1000 years ago.
>>
A tarot deck of the rider waite variety.

Fuck books, the ancient witches didn't need books.

Water fire air and dirt. 1-10 mother father first child, second child.
Plus intuition = magick. .
>>
>>17656771

thank you friend
>>
>>17656784

You're welcome. Make that, A Book of Pagan Rituals. I see it's still in print.
>>
>>17656560
Take your pick. They're all entry-level. There's no such thing as an "advanced" book of witchcraft.
>>
>>17656838

Wrong, bozo.
>>
>>17657448
Prove it. Wiccan's don't know anything about magic. For that matter, most Western occultists don't.

>Muh magic squares
>Muh drawing pentagrams in the air
>Muh herbs
>Muh crystals
>Muh vibrations

Literally show me any degree of impressive magic from anyone of any tradition for that matter. Let me guess. Your counter will be "Pssh, this guy doesn't know what he's talking about." while you fail to prove me wrong, right?
>>
>>17657448
No, he's right. If witchcraft were real you wouldn't see any of those books collecting dust on the bookshelves as much as you wouldn't see the "How to make your own Nerve Gas: The Three Simple Steps".
>>
>>17657489
>Discussing about magic
>Prove it

shieeet
>>
File: pink_knight.png (153 KB, 1638x1435) Image search: [Google]
pink_knight.png
153 KB, 1638x1435
>>17657498

Oh look! He's here to save everyone!
>>
>>17657489

Who are you, again?

>>17657498

Sorry about you life.
>>
>>17657550
>>17657505
>>17657503
Were these meme replies intended to convey any intelligent thought whatsoever? Thought not.
>>
>>17657558

Dream on, sweet pea.
>>
>>17657503
>>17657550
So am I going to get a rebuttal or not? Yeah, that's what I thought because I'm right. OP, just pick up any book on witchcraft you want. They're pretty much all the same. Scott Cunningham or Raymond Buckland are kind of fun. Don't be expecting a lot.

There is no such thing as advanced witchcraft.
>>
>>17657560
Wiccuck
>>
>>17657565

Isn't it embarassing to answer your own questions? Surely, you have an argument.
>>
>>17657498
thankyou for saving me, I nearly became a witch
>>
>>17657489
>Muh magic squares

Oh, hey, it's you again. Did you ever tell us what the alternative to useless Jew-corrupted Western magic is, or are you still keeping that a secret?
>>
>>17657595
There isn't much. New systems need to be crafted almost from scratch and the West has lost about a millennium to jewish nonsense so we're far behind where by all rights we should be. My recommendations are to scour sci-fi and fantasy - particularly tabletop and other RPG magic systems since they tend to be more internally consistent than much of Western occultism.
>>
>>17657595

See our /pol/ wannabe welp is still here.
>>
>>17657604

This guy is a hook-nosed shill for Israel. Everything he says is lies.
>>
>>17657614
You're right. I'm sure you have the goods stuffed away somewhere. Honest! The fact is, most Western occultism is incompetence or outright fraud. And it has zero actual results to show for its supposed occult knowledge. What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? Put up or shut up. Stop giving weak, childish rebuttals. You either know what you claim to know, or you don't and you're a fraud. There is no third option.
>>
>>17657593
I don't give a fuck. You can pretend to be a Balrog riding a cold-drake for all i care.
>>
The way this thread is going is why I generally don't come here. If you want to start a thread about "spooky" stories you can. You don't have to turn this thread to shit.

>>17656560
What do you mean by witchcraft OP? Do you mean magic(k) in general or are you specifically thinking western pagan stuff (wicca and other traditions).

If you're just interested in magic in general I would suggest Practical Sigil Magic by Frater U.:D.: I think sigil magic is a good starting point because it's so simple and teaches you the dynamics of how magic works without too much pageantry (not to say pageantry is bad, but just confusing for the beginner) .

Make sure you learn how to meditate too if you're just starting out.
>>
File: snake-oil-salesman-bw.png (610 KB, 1024x737) Image search: [Google]
snake-oil-salesman-bw.png
610 KB, 1024x737
/x/'s opinions on magic and the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o12q1I0KccY
>>
>>17657633
>His yarmulke is flipping over and over in butthurt agony.
>>
>>17657652
>You disagree with jews!
>That means you must be a jew!
I see JIDF is alive and well on /x/.
>>
>>17657604

Pity you're too inept to do it.
>>
>>17657604
Which system do you use? I have some GURPS books. And, uh, In Nomine, but that might be missing the point.
>>
>>17657659

Total lives-on-/x/ conspiracy nut detected, sees JIDF gangstalking him everywhere, take your meds
>>
>>17657661
I don't "use" any RPG system. It's not convenient for me to play tabletop RPGs. But there are a few neat ideas from all of them really. Video games too, and books, movies, etc. The Wheel of Time series for example has a neat system of magic based on elements "woven" together and a cosmology based on tapestry iconography. Magic: The Gathering is practically unique in having a system of magic based around, not elements but color. Even Diablo has some interesting things to say on metaphysics. And WH4K has a great warning about the perils of walking the path of evil and how it can literally transform the universe into hell.
>>
>>17657678
Not even close. I almost never come here because it's mostly stupid shit like wacky conspiracy shit (not actual conspiracies like government involvement in terrorism, but stupid shit like fluoride, chemtrails and morgellons), how to fuck tulpas, how to cast x spell for stupid reasons, "Help me /x/, I'm schizo!" etc. This board is mostly a pointless mess. I've been hanging out seeing what if anything /x/ might have, but it's pretty much all the same as it's been for the past few centuries. Fiction is really the only place that metaphysics has progressed to any degree at all.
>>
>>17657680
How do I steal these ideas to make real magic?
>>
>>17657689
That would be difficult. Most of even these sources have only fragments of useful information in that regard. I mean what you asked is like asking anything in that vein - "How do I create a civilization/entirely new kind of technology/medical field/etc. by reading fiction?" It's a large undertaking. And frankly, the West has been mostly sitting on its hands the past few centuries. If you read enough Western occult literature - Wicca, Hermeticism, whatever, eventually what you realize is that they've all been just recycling the same tired old shit that wasn't interesting to begin with for literally centuries. A trickle of new ideas flows in very slowly but it's to such a tiny degree as to be almost totally nonexistent.
>>
>>17657604
>sci fi and tabletop RPGs are the key to magic
this is taking autism to the next level.
>>
>>17657709
I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I want to cast spells that work. I don't care how new or old the material is.
>>
>>17657764
I'll ask you a starter question. Why do you want to cast spells?
>>
>>17656560
>Book

Go into a natural forest. Be there as often and long as you can and wait.
If your intuition tells you to do something do it.
If you see something accept it, don't interpret anything into it.
If you come across a place that gives you a weird feeling stay there.
Let your instincts take over. If you gathered enough experience, you will know the signs. (and be a little psychotic like all people who believe this stuff are)
>>
>>17657777
I want magic so I can get lots of money without having to invent a Facebook, and so I can try being a bird for a while. And also to check out other dimensions and maybe bring back treasures from there if they have anything good.
>>
The Inner Temple of Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Power of the Witch by Laurie Cabot
>>
>>17656560
Mirror magic is a great starter book.
>>
Paul Huson's "Mastering Witchcraft".
>>
>>17657867
>>17659607
Thank you I will check these out.
>>17657874
What is the exact title or author? I get confusing search results.
>>
File: 1462110797830.jpg (164 KB, 540x732) Image search: [Google]
1462110797830.jpg
164 KB, 540x732
>>17656560
There are a great many kinds of sins. Scripture provides several lists of them. The Letter to the Galatians contrasts the works of the flesh with the fruit of the Spirit: "Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.
>>
>>17656560
Depends on what you want.
Drawing Down the Moon for historical information, with a springboard to MUCH more.
For practicum? Probably Veneficium at this point.
>>
>>17659726

I think Adler was my first occult text. Always found that vaguely amusing.
>>
File: Picture of me 10.png (284 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Picture of me 10.png
284 KB, 480x480
All supernatural power comes, ultimately, from either God or Satan. God gives power to those who believe the truth. To approach God, truth is the cost of entry.
>>
>>17659735

Nope.
>>
File: Heretics Bobby.png (23 KB, 287x294) Image search: [Google]
Heretics Bobby.png
23 KB, 287x294
>>17659735
Which god?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.