[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/, I'm going on a trip to Alaska later this summer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: AlaskaMap.jpg (98 KB, 1344x854) Image search: [Google]
AlaskaMap.jpg
98 KB, 1344x854
Hey /x/, I'm going on a trip to Alaska later this summer. I realized I don't think I know about any urban myths or legends that originate in Alaska. I figure there also have to be some conspiracy theories surrounding the large amount of land owned by the government and all the military bases there. Wondering if anyone here has any good ones that are worth looking into.
>>
File: alaska_light_pillars02.jpg (93 KB, 850x422) Image search: [Google]
alaska_light_pillars02.jpg
93 KB, 850x422
>>17655464
Not conspiracy, but can you ask for this?

Duration, conditions, temperature, and any weird event associated with them.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>17655464
Alaska has an abnormally high missing persons rate per capita.

Also the military bases were made in world War 2 to defend against Japanese invasion as British Columbias shore line is too mountainus to invade. Then they kept the bases as the red scare came about during the cold war and now serve as great training areas.
>>
I spent 2 weeks there last summer, and the only thing paranormal I experienced was the urban centers. The people there are either extremely friendly or insane.
>>
>>17655535
Missing people, probably murdered or abducted by aliens. Have had the opportunity to stay there a while and read a book about explorers finding a tranquil and warm land in the winter but then when they looked for it again they couldn't find it.
>>
File: welcomeback.jpg (152 KB, 498x378) Image search: [Google]
welcomeback.jpg
152 KB, 498x378
>>17655464
Alaskan Cryptids:

Amikuk
>Octopus sea monster on the Bering straits

Bigfoot
>Alaska doesn't have as many sightings as other states possibly due to the disproportionate size of forested and wilderness spaces. Last report made in 2014

Get'qun
>Cannibal giant of the Lake Illiamna area

Giant cookie cutter shark
>Offshore waters have yielded whale corpses with giant cookie cutter bite marks larger than any known species

Giant Platypus
>Mountain Point shores, sighted across the states, just once in Alaska. Enormous platypus which is seen crawling in the shallows on warm days.

Gilyuk
>Whistles, wears a little hat. Twists birch saplings. Abducts people.

Lake Iliamna monsters
>Giant silver fish seen in the lake almost every year. Possibly a freakishly big-bodied population of sturgeon.
>>
>>17655587
Polar Bear Grizzly hybrid
>Probably not gonna see half this shit unless you're going deep into the woods

Merhorse
>Ocean dwelling horses, usually with a fish body, were sighted with some regularity in southern Alaska up to the 1910s
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.