[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SKEPTICAL INTEREST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Occult history is real. Secret Societies are real. Certain conspiracies are proven to be real.

There are also TONS of very bizarre mysteries, missing people, and 'coincidences' in history. It's all been bowdlerized or redacted for political, religious, cultural reasons.

Then you have ghosts, aliens, demons, mysticism, ancient gods, and so on. There are tons of atheists who deeply study religious texts and beliefs. They don't believe in Jesus, but they're way interested in all the thoughts and dogma behind Christianity and other faiths.

How come there are few skeptical occultists? People who don't believe in any of the non-falsifiable stuff like angels, but would still pour over the Urantia papers, and share that interest with an audience?

On youtube, if you look up occult stuff, you get nutters who rant at you about the Illuminati, not interested skeptics who talk about the history of the Bavarian Illuminati, and the parallels between them and Bohemian Grove, etc. Everything backed up by facts,

Only thing I've come across has been The Last Podcast on the Left.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there are any skeptical occultists here, and any youtube channels or podcasts or whatever you guys like.
>>
I'm one.

But I bet you the suckers are more passionate.
>>
>>17654727
I think the problem is not enough people have been screwed over by occultism, because it's generally non-authoritarian and there is no collection plate (although crowley really juiced some people - most often rich fucks who didn't need their money anyway) and most occultists hurt themselves with their fucked up delusions, There just isn't the passionate hate for occultism as their is for atheists. Still, I get angry over the history that's swept under the rug because it's inconvenient (the biggest one I can think of in America, is how many of the founding fathers were occultists, masons, deists) when the truth should be more important that political/cultural convenience. But being fascinated by the other stuff definitely has less passion.

Maybe the only format that works is one person who is into it, one who is skeptical but willing to listen to anything.

Still, I was hoping that someone knew of a format in which they explore all the paranormal shit because their interested in it skeptically and critically, not because their trying to sell the beliefs.
>>
>>17654622
>How come there are few skeptical occultists?

Aleister Crowley taught his students to be skeptical.
>>
File: 5.png (23 KB, 1807x1080) Image search: [Google]
5.png
23 KB, 1807x1080
>>17654622
Define skeptical interest.

To be honest if you start researching around the subject, the line for what is real and what is myth becomes really blurry, and in the end you just try to tell the whole story.

If you believe that the Bavarian illuminates were real you also have to believe that they didn't stoped there, cause they didn't died or anything.

So the ball keeps rolling and before you know it you are knee deep in beliefs that someone like you would consider to be too far fetched.

It's not about what they believe, it's about what you believe.

And you know how to fix that.
>>
Sceptic fags need to gtfo of X
>>
>>17654622
I think people are already overloaded with what they currently have bouncing around in their brains.
>>
What an interesting conversation. I watched the movie The Possession of Michael King the other day. It wasn't great, but notable in that the protagonist is skeptical of all of it, and is initially trying to get possessed because he so strongly doubts it (as a way to test God in the wake of his wife's death). It was refreshing that this man was so sure it was bullshit that he was willing to do all these creepy rituals, get strapped down, take acid before calling demons, etc. Complete skepticism. I might roll my eyes at somebody performing a ritual to contact paranormal entities, but that doesn't mean I'd try it...
>>
>>17654622
My interest comes and goes in huge waves, usually ends when I hit a "dead end"

Recent dead end was when I looked into Kundalini.

There's no teachings about same-sex factoring into Kundalini, and online there are a lot of message boards of gurus saying contradictory shit but still adhering to the muh sacred man/woman bond above all else.

You can't claim to have a belief system about life if it does not talk about the whole entire experience of life.
>>
>>17654622

I'm a sceptic theist. I only believe because logic has forced me into a corner and I had to accept it. My own experiences with religion are too strong for me to disregard them. Subjective experiences that can't be transferred to another person are still real, because they are real to me. If someone were to say my own life isn't real, that's just irrelevant to me, because it's my life, and someone's words based on their subjective experiences means nothing to me when they contradict what I know.

Being a sceptic to me means to not mindlessly accept what other people tell me is the truth, but to use only my own reasoning from a critical standpoint.

That is how I came to believe in Jesus - because IT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE for me to ignore it.
>>
>>17657401
>You can't claim to have a belief system about life if it does not talk about the whole entire experience of life.

Indeed.

I don't necessarily see why kundalini yogas could not be practiced in a same-sex context, but it might well be different in meaningful ways. That sort of thing will be rare, assuming that sort of info/expertise is out there.
>>
>>17657401
>whole entire experience of life
Homosexuals do not really experience the whole of life though. They are a defective reproductive dead end akin to a bird born without wings. They do not fit into the grand human fabric.
>>
>>17658591
No, I'm talking about all of life. Homosexuality is in life and people do it. If you do not include it in some "everything you need to know about life" manual then you have missed a part of the human experience.
>>
>>17657401
You can raise Kundalini solo dolo or alternately experiment on your own fag.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.