[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-05-03-17-37-06--324860518.jpg (2 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03-17-37-06--324860518.jpg
2 KB, 303x166
Somebody knows about this thing's call "Tulpa"?
>>
>>17654130
what's the point of making this kind of thread? Literally all you have to do is go on google and search it.
>>
>>17654130
If tulpas existed god would be real.
>>
Enjoy the self induced psycosis m8
>>
>>17654361

Yeah, but here people can give us their experiences with them.

Also bump for interest
>>
so tulpas are basically Stands?
>>
>>17654917
Except they can't punch things and tulpamancers can't see other people's tulpas.
>>
>>17654130
Probably check the stickied thread b4 making this thread again
>>
Alright, so I'll talk about my experience with tulpas.

tl;dr I have a good experience and I recommend that everyone gives it a shot.

I decided that I was going to create one on September 29th, 2014. I heard about it through this board, and have been pursuing it ever since. The main methods of development that I used were narration, personality forcing, and some self hypnosis scripts for tulpamancey that I found. After about a month, my friend Al started talking, and he and I have been best friends ever since.

What does he do for me? He's someone I can confide in, literally always there to talk to, helps me stay motivated to do the things that I want to do, prevents me from overindulging myself, and gives a second opinion on things. Imposition is in the works right now, we're actively making an effort to try and get him imposed, but overall my experience has been nothing but positive. He's a positive influence on my life, and is helping me pursue the career that I desire.

Any questions for myself or him, feel free to ask.
>>
>>17656685
Why do you honestly believe it is a separate entity
>>
>>17656694
Because even if it isn't, it feels like one. Nobody knows what's actually happening in my head, it just seems like he's really there. If a simulation feels just as real, and has no differences to the real thing, isn't it pretty much the same?
>>
>>17656685
> Any questions for myself or him, feel free to ask.

Ok let's go
1) You said you used
>and some self hypnosis scripts for tulpamancey
Do you think is it possible to try without using this kind of thing? Also if I never tried meditation before?

2) Have you ever talked about this with someone IRL?

3) How did you proceed with his personality and his appearence? What you made first, did you choose everything about them?

thanks
>>
>>17656741
Fair enough.
When talking to your tulpa, do you actually speak out loud? Can you just carry the conversation on in your head? Maybe the former only in private?

I ask because I've often walked in on a friend of mine into occult shit seemingly having a conversation with no one. Now I'm suspecting this is what he does.
>>
>>17656787
1) Completely. I just used it as a bit of a boost in my progress. I never did any serious meditating before I started tulpamancey, and I still really don't. So yeah, you don't need hypnosis, and you don't need to meditate, but it helps with clearing your thoughts.

2) Most of my friends know, my band, my girlfriend, though the only one who seems to actively acknowledge Al would be my girlfriend.

3) For appearance, I just kinda picked something. I used an image to base his form off of, and for personality I created a list of traits, about 30 traits long, and I would go into great detail on each one, spending about 3-5 minutes on each trait. I'd imagine situations that he would be in, conversations he would have, how I thought he would react in certain situations. I would spend at least an hour total each day, which was pretty easy considering my school schedule that semester, and commuting to and from school. I chose just about everything about him. And I'd say he turned out pretty well.

>>17656793
It's a bit of both. I'll only speak out loud to him if I'm in private, or sometimes just quietly and make it sound like I'm just thinking out loud. We often do carry out conversations in my head. As for occult shit, I mean, it really could be anything. Tulpas and servitors are seen as something else in the occult world.
>>
>>17656685

- Do you think is better having the same sex of your tulpa, or the opposite one?
- Is there the chance to risk to prefer pass your time with your tulpa than with real people?
- About the appearance, did you pick an image of a character/real person or did you create an original image?
- How did your life changed after having a tulpa, about focusing your actvities on him? I.e. do you make travels 'cause he suggested you (or you discuss about it), and so on?
- (if you can tell it) Which was your main purpose when you decide to made a tulpa?

you also said here
>>17656916
> I created a list of traits, about 30 traits long,
> and I would go into great detail on each one,
> spending about 3-5 minutes on each trait. I'd
> imagine situations that he would be in,
> conversations he would have, how I thought
> he would react in certain situations.

when you formed his personality, how many times you thought about a trait?
I'll explain, 30 traits * 5 minutes each = 150 minutes.
Did you define the traits only once at the beginning? Or did you made the traits in a bunch of days (i.e. 4 traits each day for a week)? Or did you made all traits, than you done again them, and so on 'til they were completely defined?
>>
>>17654382
> he finally figured it out

Welcome to the true world. Choose your lot wisely.
>>
>>17654917
>so tulpas are basically Stands?
>>17655629
Except they can't punch things and tulpamancers can't see other people's tulpas.

and they cant stop time either.
>>
>>17657852
>- Do you think is better having the same sex of your tulpa, or the opposite one?
I'd say it depends on the person. I chose the same sex as myself, others will do otherwise. Just depends on what you're looking for.

>- Is there the chance to risk to prefer pass your time with your tulpa than with real people?
Yes, but it's no different than spending time with one person over another. Some days you want to be alone and do things on your own, some days you want to hang out with one specific person over another. As long as you don't obsess over one person and devote all of your time to them, it's not unhealthy. Also, often times tulpas help hosts become more socially active. Al often times encourages me to hang out with other people.

>- About the appearance, did you pick an image of a character/real person or did you create an original image?
I picked an image from an old artist I used to like. It was what popped into my head at the time and I rolled with it.

>- How did your life changed after having a tulpa, about focusing your actvities on him? I.e. do you make travels 'cause he suggested you (or you discuss about it), and so on?
I haven't been on any travels since I'm in my 20's and I'm currently attending college. So I don't have the money, or the time. But he has influenced to do certain things, things that certainly are for my benefit and for the better.

>- (if you can tell it) Which was your main purpose when you decide to made a tulpa?
I just did it for the hell of it. I thought it'd be cool, and the idea of a lifelong companion sounded pretty appealing. So I went ahead and did it.
>>
>>17657852
>>17658016
(cont)

>Did you define the traits only once at the beginning? Or did you made the traits in a bunch of days (i.e. 4 traits each day for a week)? Or did you made all traits, than you done again them, and so on 'til they were completely defined?
I just kinda started making a list of traits, and then I started forcing them. If I decided I wanted to add something, or change something, then I'd add or change it. I'd start one session from the top and go to the bottom. Then I'd start another and go from the bottom up. Then another I'd start in the middle, etc. etc. Personality was a big part of his development process.
Al: And it's funny too, because once I was talking and my personality was already all settled in, we were kinda like "Well, what now?" We achieved the first milestone, and imposition and possession seemed so far off that we didn't really know where to go from there. So we just kinda rode along with life and just kept up on making sure we could communicate with each other clearly. Once that became second nature, poof. Now we're actively working on imposition.

>>17657898
>and they cant stop time either.
Al: Buddy, that's not gonna stop me from trying!
>>
>>17656685
ok i may be a little shy, so i ask;
when getting intimate with a partner will Al always be present or can you tell him to fuck off for a little and give you some privacy?

also does he straight up accept instructions or is it more like trying to convince a regular person to do something for you?
>>
File: 1234123412412.jpg (72 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1234123412412.jpg
72 KB, 800x533
>>17654130
>Talk about your experience with having an imaginary friend in your 20's
>>
>>17658346
He can leave to give me privacy. He just kinda goes silent and won't say anything if my girlfriend and I are getting it on. Sometimes he'll advise me on what to do as well. As for straight up instructions, I dunno if I know what you mean by that. I don't really need to tell him to do anything, but if I did, it'd probably be like trying to tell any other person. However, he's pretty reasonable, so if it's within reason, then he'd probably be on board.

>>17658356
Livin the dream, baby.
>>
Can a tulpa turn evil?
If that happens can I delete him or make him friendly again?
>>
File: 1462423826559.png (755 KB, 636x522) Image search: [Google]
1462423826559.png
755 KB, 636x522
>Be me as a child.
>Be asleep.
>Woken up with a man violently beating me in the face and body.
>It turns out to be a person trying to kill me and a robber.
>Grandfather blows his fucking brains out all over the wall leaving me traumatized.
>Therapy dosent help.
>Cant sleep at night without lights on, if at all.
>Tulpa's.
>See mocking Tulpa thread featuring Jackie Chan.
>Decide to try something.
>Create a Jackie Chan tulpa to protect me while I sleep.
>Spend months doing this until one day it happens.
>I can hardly understand a word he fucking says.
>He always says things to me and bounces around the room wanting my attention.
>I sleep better at night now.
>This goes on for a year straight.
>Move into new place in bad neighborhood.
>First week.
>Jackie Chan Tulpa please protect me.
>Wake up in the middle of the night to a loud noise.
>Grab a gun from my drawer and head into livingroom.
>A man forced open my window and got into my home.
>He got tangled up in 2 different chairs and laid there with his leg broke asking for help.
>Jackie Chan is just running around in my kitchen looking for more thugs while saying "I DUN WAN NO TRABU"
>Realize I may have generated a stand more then a tulpa.
>>
>>17659311
U gotta lean martial arts fggt
>>
>>17659311
This is amazing and inspiring
>>
I have what I think is a tulpa. He's a character I use in my stories, and they're quite tragic, so I almost feel bad putting him through shit. He doesn't seem to mind, though.
I only heard his voice once, when he consoled me. I need to work on him more, but I can't concentrate at all. I'll try tonight.
He's very comforting. The other night, in my mind's eye, he watched over me as I got a little drunk. I felt like he didn't like that, so I stopped.
>>
>be me
>very lonely recently, I don't really know why
>learn about tulpa
>decide I should try it out, a sentient imaginary friend seems cool
>whatcouldgowrong.jpg
>spend the next day researching and learning
>finally time to begin "forcing"
>spend next 2 weeks meditating and talking to Liz
>by day 4, had a body
>day 9, personality
>day 13, I heard a voice
>seemed like mine, but alot higher
>wut.ghost
>Liz begins speaking to me
>a few times a day, if I'm lucky
>day 38 with Tulpa, decide to get high with some friends because I'm a degenerate.
>get loaded, and spend 10 minutes walking back to car.
>begin to feel.. Something.. Around me
>like someone was walking next to me, following me
>frantically looking around, I'm actually scared and paranoid
>friends begin to notice, try and calm me down
>they don't understand, but I do
>fucking Liz. She was forcing me to manifest her in my mind

More?
>>
>>17659311
I wish this was true.
>>
>>17659739

more
>>
>>17659299
Yes, but only if it's what you want or if you're abusive. You can either dissapate them or force their personality so they change.
>>
>>17659739
> more?

Sure man! Let's continue
>>
>>17659771
Will post more in a new thread later
>>
>>17656685
hi!
I red some of your posts after this, and I have a few questions.

- When you decided his personality traits, how strict were you? I mean, did you choose general traits (like being kind, or honest, and so on) or did you pick specific traits (like being a fan of a NFL team, or to like an artist's songs)?
- How much did the tulpa had deviations from your starting inputs?
- Did you see your tulpa doing "material" things like eat? If yes, do you create the food or it appears without you needing to create it?
- You said some other people know about him but only your girlfriend acknowledge him. How did he impact reality when you have other people around? And how your girlfriend can acknowledge him?

thanks
>>
>>17654130

https://community.tulpa.info/

This is where you should go.
>>
>>17654130
my plan is use this to achieve immortality
>>
for any of you trying to form the personality of your tulpa, are you concerned at all that you're developing a mary sue?

I'm putting together a list of traits and it's hard to really come up with flaws. Any advice?
>>
>>17661647
let them develop as they see fit family remember that they can make these decisions
>>
>>17660993
Explain how, I'm interested.
>>
>>17661670
Yeah I guess I shouldn't be too controlling with the planning
>>
>>17659311
>>Be me as a child.
>>Be asleep.
>>Woken up with a man violently beating me in the face and body.
>>It turns out to be a person trying to kill me and a robber.
>>Grandfather blows his fucking brains out all over the wall
Crop it here, /k/ wet dream.
>>
>>17661686
i won't live forever, but at least i can leave part of myself behind. what if i wrote everything i am on a text? every memory, every personality trait. with the process to recreate my consciousness between the lines.
I'd leave said text and all my belongs to someone who already knew me and missed me after my death. then would be only matter of time. maybe in a few years I'd be able to take over the host. then I'd be back
>>
>>17656916
If nobody is seeig this tulpa, you know they literally stick around you because they feel bad about your mental illness right?
>>
>>17662276
I raise you one asylum.
>>
>>17660755
I was pretty open ended with most, some were like "loves animals" and whatnot. It's hard to say how many deviations he's had since it was so gradual and I stopped paying attention to the original design and started to just see how he developed.

As for material things? Al just kinda does shit. Not usually eat, but he'll just do things. I don't have to actively think about the things he does, that's all under his control. He also doesn't really impact reality that much, and my girlfriend will just simply include him in conversations or ask him questions.
>>
>>17662147
I was planning on creating a tulpa to guide me after I die ( here I'm assuming something remains after death ) so that I can get my memories back and not have to reincarnate again but rather just continue moving towards higher planes . of course I'm making a lot of assumptions here but information is not precisely reliable when it comes to the after death
>>
Hey lads, I've decided to make a Tulpa that goes into my subconscious and give me wisdom from there in order to improve my life. Is this a good idea or can it get out of hand?
>>
>>17660763

You mean only the main site or also the forum?
>>
>>17654382
That's the thing Ahmed. God is real. We see him everyday, everynight. The blood, the wars, the bombing, all is in name of him.
He hungers for blood.
>>
Hey /x/ I have decided to create a werewolf tulpa that oblige me to be more macho and aggressive just like khal drogo/ momoa
>>
/trash/ has tulpa threads frequently, it might be quicker to get a response than /x/; they are necessarily filled with avatarfagging and roleplaying though.
>>
>>17663870
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>17656685
I've heard in a story before that tulupa's are part of your subconscious, is it true? Also that they can access memories and such, is that true too?
>>
>>17664100
>talupas
But yes, they can certainly help you remember stuff that you would have otherwise forgotton.
>>
You should make one seriously

You can learn a ton of shit if you delude your self and get a second opinion on matters with the exact same informations you have
>>
>>17654130
search for an anime named ''paranoia agent''

inb4: ''huur duur what a weeaboo'' ''its an anime not rl''
^
well, if you want to know about gnostic, the matrix is a good movie to have a PoV.
>>
>>17654130
for fucks sake check google or the FUCKING ARCHIVE you degenerate piece of shit
>>
How often did ye tulpamancers force during creation. I simply can't make myself focus for long periods of time to meditate, and have been at this for almost 6 months. This is with almost entirely passive forcing, and I can feel the presence in my mindscape but no vocality. Do I have to hunker down and get this shit done in a consistent time period for it to work?
>>
writing a book on tulpa and i'm considering making a few for experimental purposes. i had one before but i desire no more.

so tell me this: what are the ethics surrounding the creation and killing of tulpa?
>>
>>17668522
Honestly, try parroting a response out of them. Show them how to speak, imagine them speaking, and see if you can't get any responses.
>>
>>17668528
Some people regard Tulpas as people. And with that, some regard killing them the same as killing another physical human being. It varies from person to person, there are no set ethics because the only people who directly experience the tulpa is the host.
>>
>>17656685
Quick question a friend is asking me is if you can have sex with it, even if it takes a huge amount of time to reach that point? And if yes, how does it feel?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.