[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's this I hear about some kind of structure spotted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: kepleria11219485386.png (158 KB, 443x384) Image search: [Google]
kepleria11219485386.png
158 KB, 443x384
What's this I hear about some kind of structure spotted around a distant planet? Literally just hearing about this now. Details, /x/? (pic related)
>>
>>17653552
not sure what you're talking about, any links to articles?
>>
Yeah shoot us some links bumping for interest
>>
>>17653552
Sorry, it was a star, not a planet. Here's a link.

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/10/the-most-interesting-star-in-our-galaxy/410023/
>>
File: ceres.gif (1 MB, 483x482) Image search: [Google]
ceres.gif
1 MB, 483x482
>>17653552
Type 2 civilisation with a dyson sphere.

I don't understand why this is surprising. Do people really believe we are alone? We are not even alone in our own solar system.
>>
>>17653960
People are retarded and believe everything they're told.
>>
File: AC75-1086.gif (261 KB, 1040x766) Image search: [Google]
AC75-1086.gif
261 KB, 1040x766
As I understand it, Mister Dyson, when he emmited his Dyson sphere theory for the first time, wasn't quite clear enough about his concept. Many have come to think that a Dyson Shpere would be one giant structure around a star or system but in fact he was more thinking about thousands and thousand of ''space city'' or habitat, like you may have saw by the end of Interstellar with the cooper station. Imagine tons of those strapped with solar panels floating around a star. This is what could possibly explain this phenomenon. Comets are also a tempting explanation to it but two problems comes with that; There's never been so much concentrated in on place and they don't move like comets.
>>
>>17653966
Yeah like you :D Round earth and God? amiright
>>
>>17653960
It is indeed pretty much mathematically impossible that we would be alone, but I'm not with you on the solar system thing.

We're probably not alone in the spiral arm of our galaxy, though.
>>
File: 1439067134056.jpg (60 KB, 399x462) Image search: [Google]
1439067134056.jpg
60 KB, 399x462
>>17654144
>but I'm not with you on the solar system thing.
How advanced does it have to be to be company according to you?
>>
>>17653552
It's there. We don't know what it is. We've pointed a radio telescope at it. We want to talk with whatever might be there. But beware. Don't get your hopes up. Once upon a time we though quasars were civilizations sending out a beacon.

Dyson proposed the sphere. That's no misconception. What were seeing out there could be a sphere or ring in construction. We won't know until they say hi.
>>
>>17654078
>sphere
There's the keyword my nigga, but I know what you mean.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.