[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's Neopaganism? (pic unrelated)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: heavymetalmistake.jpg (44 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
heavymetalmistake.jpg
44 KB, 636x636
What's Neopaganism?

(pic unrelated)
>>
Neo- New.

Paganism- Non-Abraamic/non-mainstream religion

New interpretations or revivals of old/obscure religion.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Paganism
>>
File: average neopagan.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
average neopagan.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>17653464
pic related
>>
>>17653569
basically recognizing the crimes of cristianity
>using false flag attack against pagans, native americans, japs, vietnamese, and poland

and recognizing the crimes of the church
>executing critics
>whipping critics until the sun went down ("backlashes")
>executing scientists
>being a major force in most wars
>>
>>17653464
>What's Neopaganism?
Generally speaking it's this, >>17653469, but really, like "new age" or "wicca" it's a largely meaningless term these days to designate 'that thing I don't like'.
>>
its for fags
>>
Paganism comes from the word

Pagani - people not from within the walls of (Rome), villagers

Ism - belief

It's belief of the common people. NeoPaganism is a revitalization of druidic practices and the such.
>>
>>17653588
The fusion of pagan reconstructionism and wiccan neopaganism with new age philosophy and aesthetics has greatly wounded the validity and public image of the various serious religions and people who follow them.
>>
>>17653602
You could say the inverse too. There are serious non-revisionary reconstructionist of Euro/British folk magick. Then there's really shitty revisionary pagan materials from mass market publishers.

I blame Doreen Valiente, largely, for making 'solitary wicca' a thing, which allowed for people to say "I don't care about historicity, I'm going to do things my way and tell people it's ancient because I don't care.".

The hilarious thing is that Gardner and Crowley and Cochraine and Spare's assertion that the Essex witch/cunning cult survived is gaining a LOT of ground, but the public at large won't care because they already learned that Murray was wrong.

Yeah, no shit she's wrong, but that doesn't mean the tradition flourished in some form, just not Murray's interpretation. I mean, it's getting REALLY hard to argue against the survival of historical witchcraft cults when we've got all these witch jugs from Europe and colonial America with Agrippa styled sigils on them and material like The Grimoire of Arthur Gauntlet.
>>
>>17653583
Woah, how butthurt
>>
>>17653583
>cristianity
>>
>>17653583
>>17653913
Crispyanity
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.