[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Immortality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15
File: clock.jpg (614 KB, 2082x2082) Image search: [Google]
clock.jpg
614 KB, 2082x2082
I want to become immortal but don't want to be raped by a deamon forever to get achieve this.
I'm ok with anything other than that though.
>>
File: hollow_witch_by_asuka111.jpg (368 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
hollow_witch_by_asuka111.jpg
368 KB, 600x910
So you want to live in frozen vacuum of nothingness after heat death?

Sounds awful.
>>
>>17651105
I'd live a rad life for the next few million years till the sun destroys the world. Assuming we haven't either killed it ourselves or by something else by then.
>>
>>17651092
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
>>
>>17651092
What kind of Immortality are you looking for OP?
>>
>>17651124
No.. You wouldnt. Humans will be extinct in about 50,000 years from natural events if global warming/war doesn't do it first. The only way we are going to make it is if we move planets. Do you think you'd make the cut while trying to seem like someone who isn't immortal?
>>
>>17651092
You'd need first to be a body and thats a much harder thing to do.
>>
>>17651092
Wouldn't you rather become an angel or a god?
>>
>>17652980
after having thousands of years to develop himself he'd probably be able to make any cut
>>
>>17652984
I doubt it. You don't magically obtain the ability to retain information any better. If his life is going no where now it will be going no where even faster with eternity in front of him.
>>
File: 1230600.jpg (49 KB, 468x285) Image search: [Google]
1230600.jpg
49 KB, 468x285
Any type of immortality would eventually drive you mad. Perhaps the best type of immortality I can think of is one where upon death you return to an earlier point in your life say when your 16 or whatever with the memories of the older you. Though eventually after so many times doing this you will go insane (or become a Buddha). Another way to accomplish this without losing your mind is to jump back but any knowledge of your future and of your life is mostly gone. You just wake up in your bed at 16 after having had a weird dream you can't fully remember that felt like it lasted 12 years and with a faint feeling of deja vu that occurs often.
>>
>>17651092
>Afraid of rape, thinks he can handle the horrors of infinity.
>>
>>17653281
My thoughts.
>>
>>17651092
Wow, you people really are delusional.
>>
File: 250px-Count_of_St_Germain.jpg (19 KB, 250x316) Image search: [Google]
250px-Count_of_St_Germain.jpg
19 KB, 250x316
read about him, mora than 2 thousand years of living
>>
>>17654080
What book specifically
>>
>>17653522
Says who?
>>
File: Ai.jpg (80 KB, 544x767) Image search: [Google]
Ai.jpg
80 KB, 544x767
>>17651092
>I want to become immortal but don't want to be raped by a deamon forever to get achieve this.
>I'm ok with anything other than that though.

Tell me your motivations, please.

A little late, I know, I'll check again later for your reply if you're not here now.
>>
>>17652980
>>17652998

Being able to dimension jump seems to take between 1000 - 2500 years, you'll be fine if you just get to it at once...
>>
>>17654171
You've been rused ma'am.
>>
>>17654198

Then how low would the number be? Some didn't learn it in 1000 years still.
>>
>>17651092
Immortality would suck, you get to watch everyone you've ever met age and die while you stand still and it keeps going and going until all the stars go out. And there you are, alone.

>>17651279
I think he means the "you don't have to die first" kind of immortality. Also, fuck spending all the time after I die kissing some almighty dictator's ass.
>>
>>17654163
Probably in the "terrified of his mortality" phase of his life, if I had to guess.
>>
>>17654163
I dont like the thought of meaningless death and would like to see how it all ends.
>>
>>17652983
How would one become a god?
>>
Read the Isopanisad
>>
>>17651105

Entropy is just a theory though.

I personally think the reality is much, much more interesting.

The outer spheres call to me
>>
>>17654837
you are just a theory
>>
>>17653281

Idiot.

What's worse than rape?
>>
>>17651092

>Go to school and study to be a biology researcher
>Research jellyfish and other creatures that are immoral.
>find out how to apply that to humans
>???
>Profit.
>>
>>17654837
>Hurrr, entropy is just a theory guys
>Just a theory
>Hurrrrrrrrrrrr

Yeah it might be just a theory, but come tell me when all the air particles in your room arrange themselves on one side so that you have a vacumn on the other. Oh wait, the chances of that happening are practically, infinitely small.
>>
I dont want to live here forever, I want to get out of this simulation, and return to my people, whoever or whatever they may be.

>please take me back
>>
File: 1462047906564.jpg (38 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1462047906564.jpg
38 KB, 400x388
>>17655344
See guys? I got dubs, does that mean you will bring me back out of this place?
>>
Eat from the tree of life.
>>
File: christopher-marlowe.jpg (50 KB, 448x293) Image search: [Google]
christopher-marlowe.jpg
50 KB, 448x293
>>17651092
E everything needs to end, it's natural.
>>
>>17655347
Nah, you're too much of a scrub.
>>
There is no beginning and no end. We are luminescent creatures that dictate crude matter. If you wish to live forever you may. If you wish to disperse and reform you may also do that.
>>
>>17654606
>meaningless death

But what if you could find a meaningful death? Would you still want immortality?

The concept of a "meaningful death" or the best death was a thing in ancient greece. You can look it up. A lot of people were trying to die in a way that was remembered as having a purpose.

>>17654606
>would like to see how it all ends

The end of the world? But what if the end is only personal, and by not dying you miss it and just keep living?
>>
File: 1459702432854.png (550 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459702432854.png
550 KB, 640x360
Begin study magic, achieve lichdom.
>>
File: 1457361989111.jpg (245 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1457361989111.jpg
245 KB, 640x800
Anyone else want immortality and feel like elaborating what they want it for?

Simple fear of death is kind of moronic. But let's say you believe in the eternal soul and don't actually disappear when dying. Would you still want immortality in the physical?

That's where it gets interesting. You'd have to come up with a pretty good worldy reason for it, knowing that there is indeed an afterlife.
>>
>>17651092
If you want true freedom and immortality in yiu highest form, look up some daoist techniques.

If I remember correctly, the main idea is to make a more potent form of ghost, so that when you die you can manifest yourself in a physical form if you want to, while also being given the ability to go to the higher realms.

Though that does mean that your original body will still die...
>>
>>17654541
Until the very end, that's precisely what'd make it rule.

>all the assholes I've ever met will die
>I won't
>they lose before they even start playing
>non-assholes dying no worse than pets dying
You wouldn't want to age and die so you don't have to watch a shorter-lived animal die; I don't see any reason for it to be different for humans

It would totally rule. The only thing it needs is a suicide clause so if I get buried under a mudslide or the universe starts to blow up, I do have a way out - but only if I choose to activate it.
>>
>>17656703
I want inmortality because I want to keep seeing what happens, if we die now, we will never see other planets colonized or the other stuff you see in science fiction about the future.
>>
File: 1458521839153.jpg (87 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1458521839153.jpg
87 KB, 500x600
>>17653279
That's fucked up. That shit is scary. I have those dreams all the time.
>>
>>17654544
Not that guy, but after being terrified of mortality for about 40 years I think it's not a "phase."

We just haven't given up, unlike you.
>>
>>17656703
This is a good realm and I have no desire to move out of it.
>what about eternal soul/afterlife
I don't want to go to any other realms. I've gone in the spirit before, and surprise: They suck cocks. You might as well be asking if I would stay in the US or UK if I had a free ticket to Somalia.

>but, but...muh Heaven!

Surprise, surprise! Those claims are simplified for the masses! Most people actually aren't purely-good enough for Heaven nor irredeemably evil enough for Hell. So there's an endless array of meh-or-worse realms to end up in, none of which I want to go to on any permanent basis.

Knowing that there is an afterlife is one of the big reasons I want to be immortal. There's also the simple fact that I like the physical, we do lots of cool stuff in this realm and the food tastes good.
>>
>>17656969

Still, wouldn't the idea of an immortal soul be enough to overcome this fear?

I know because I came to the point myself where I had to either accept the atheist nothingness and everything going into darkness when dying, or to accept the idea that people do not disappear, but are still there in some way.

Which leads to the next issue, what about the things that you did in life or didn't do, wouldn't it be annoying as hell to sit there as a bodiless soul and regret everything for eternity?

So I ended up with the conclusion that, precisely because of the eternal soul, I need physical immortality. I need to fix everything in the world before leaving so that I don't need to have any regrets about what I didn't do.

The belief in the soul is no comfort, it's a worse problem.
>>
>>17656997
>Knowing that there is an afterlife is one of the big reasons I want to be immortal

Huh? Interesting as I just typed the same thing.

>>17656999
>>
>>17651279
Jesus can go fuck himself and so can you.
>>
>>17656889
>The only thing it needs is a suicide clause

But that not how immortality works. If you can end your own life, what if someone drugged you and brainwashed you, then you may kill yourself by their command? That's not immortality, if you still think about situations where you WANT to die, then you're not ready to accept the full scope of what it means to really live on and on.

>if I get buried under a mudslide or the universe starts to blow up

Then would your existence qualify as "living"? The concept of "life" as a human is pretty limited, it doesn't include floating in space or getting blown up.
>>
>>17652980

>Humans will be extinct in about 50,000 years from natural events if global warming/war doesn't do it first

Humans have been around for at least 250,000 years. We aren't going to die in the next 50k.

>The only way we are going to make it is if we move planets

Because life survived all those mass extinctions by leaving Earth.

>Do you think you'd make the cut while trying to seem like someone who isn't immortal?

Evolution will confound your attempts to pick and choose who lives and dies. I'm sorry.
>>
>>17651092
Transmogrification ^_^

>>17656703
Its connected with my belief system. Are you really interested in that?

>>17656969
Acceptance isnt the same as giving up anon.

>>17657282
>We aren't going to die in the next 50k.
March 2016 the critical line of 2 degrees celsius was crossed in the northern hemisphere. We are closer to extinction than you think anon!
>>
>>17651279
Fuck right the hell off, christcuck.
>>
>>17654820
By killing another god, and consuming them.
>>
>>17654541
Amen bro...
>>
Just get the lube and stop being a pussy
>>
>>17657353
>March 2016 the critical line of 2 degrees celsius was crossed in the northern hemisphere.
>isn't aware that the earth has had several periods of cooling and warming
We survived the ice age just fine, so we'll survive the heat age as well. I'm just hoping it melts antartica and we find some cool shit there.
>>
>>17657353
>Its connected with my belief system. Are you really interested in that?

So your belief system does include immortality but gives no manual for how to reach it? Or does it, are you a Taoist?
>>
We'll all be back one day. That much is almost certain.
>>
>>17657472
... According to physics.
>>
>>17656703
I want to see what the human race will become and how it will end, and i want to see how will the things in this planet will change, i want to see the end of the universe and the beggining again.
>>
>>17654541
Immortality in a unending conscious stream would be pretty boring, but a stream of experiences, each unknown to the last, would be pretty fun. You wouldn't keep the entire memory, just the essence, the cliffs of what you learned.
>>
>>17656969
Accepting the inevitable isn't the same as "giving up." I don't WANT to die, but it's going to happen someday regardless, the only question being when and where, so I've decided to squeeze as much as I can out of life while I'm still living instead of obsessing over what comes after, if anything. .
>>
>>17654541
>>>17651279
>I think he means the "you don't have to die first" kind of immortality. Also, fuck spending all the time after I die kissing some almighty dictator's ass.
>>17651279
Jesus can go fuck himself and so can you.
>>17651279
Fuck right the hell off, christcuck.

Hmmm.. so oblivion of nothingness like before you were born is better?

Struck a nerve, eh, samefag?
>>
>>17657502
>i want to see the end of the universe and the beggining again.

That would take an extremely long time seen from our dimension. You'd be better of going for enlightenment kind of immortality, like buddha.
>>
>>17655229
Murder
>>
File: OMG SAMEFAG.png (11 KB, 940x228) Image search: [Google]
OMG SAMEFAG.png
11 KB, 940x228
>>17657628
Oh, sorry champ, but that's incorrect. We have some lovely consolation prizes for you, though.
>>
>>17657502
You will.

I just hope it isn't this time.

The Universe will go through EVERY configuration, meaning you'll witness billions of end days.
>>
>>17657803
>Oh, sorry champ, but that's incorrect. We have some lovely consolation prizes for you, though.
You're not the one I was addressing.
>>
>>17657811
I was the first post you linked (the "fuck kissing a dictator's ass for eternity" guy), but not the other ones. So, yes, you were addressing/leveling samefag accusations at me.
>>
>>17651092
Well. biological immortality is not only possible, it exists on Earth.

3 different species have that.

Also, there is this black woman in USA that died from cancer. After she was buried, the scientsts discovered that her cancer cells would keep grow without stop.

They have been cultivatin them for study purposes for almost a century now.

In fact, by raw weight, the cancer cells far outweight the weight of the deceased woman.

But even if we could exploit this, the goverment would not allow it too.

Ppl have to die in order to give room to other ppl to be born and evolution to continue.

If ppl stop dying and still have kids, in 20 years Earth will be destroyed by overpopulation.

If they still become immortal but without kids, evolution stops.
>>
File: 1456638548200.png (513 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1456638548200.png
513 KB, 720x960
>>17653279
>>17656896

Holy fuck me too.
>>
>>17657353

>March 2016 the critical line of 2 degrees celsius was crossed in the northern hemisphere. We are closer to extinction than you think anon!

If life died from the temperature being a few degrees hotter, we'd of died off hundreds of millions of years ago.

I'm more concerned about the poisons we're pumping into our environment, but even then it's just the end of humanity as we know it - our descendents could evolve to survive the poisons.

Global warming is real, but it's a smokescreen, not the real problem. To be honest, a higher temperature combined with radionuclides and plastics sounds like a recipe for a 'Radionuclide Catastrophe;' a radical change in the biosphere that changes the primary source of energy.

What happens when the black fungus growing around the Chernobyl grows legs, and carries some plutonium with itself across the landscape?
>>
File: 1406389031873[1].jpg (100 KB, 829x1200) Image search: [Google]
1406389031873[1].jpg
100 KB, 829x1200
How do I get raped by this kind of demon forever?
>>
>>17651092
Cryogenics
>>
>>17651092
why the fuck would you want to live in this shit forsaken world forever? being a slave to society, working your ass off trying to survive only to be robbed of your earnings (and soul) by people more powerful than you

unless you were rich constantly, you will eventually want to die
>>
>not wanting to be raped for all eternity
>>
>>17654096
Says the guy not looking to achieve immortality via advice granted to him on a Peloponnesian crab-boxing enthusiast forum, no less
>>
>>17651092
Immortality is stupid. You don't understand even close to how long forever is.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.