[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /x/! I just had a question about invocation. How are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
Hey /x/! I just had a question about invocation. How are you supposed to pronounce some of these names? Is there a guide?
>>
>>17650942
Honestly, I just looked up demon sigils on google. The picture is just a placeholder so I could ask my question.
>>
That 'great circle of summoning' is lucifer's seal from the grimorium verum. What ruseman made this pic? Don't dick around with this you'll probably get nowhere.
>>
>>17650952
I'm not using this picture as a reference. It is just a placeholder so I could ask my question.
>>
>>17650948
>>17650954
well some people would say that the language of invocted entities are so different from ours (if you consider that the name have most probably been transcribed through different cultures and languages for centuries) that there's no real right way to pronounce them.

Just do what feels natural and hope for the best I suppose. Angelic languages like enochian are generally pretty unreliable.
>>
>>17650964
I see. So it wouldn't disrespect them? Also, how would I know that the right entity hears it?
>>
Really all you need is the sigil. That's how you pronounce their name if you understand.

>>17650969
>Also, how would I know that the right entity hears it?

Ask the entity to present itself. Alternatively develop a relationship and decide for yourself. Truly you can never be certain.
>>
File: 1433265199382.gif (1 MB, 316x195) Image search: [Google]
1433265199382.gif
1 MB, 316x195
>>
File: ivan-tao-c4-name.jpg (563 KB, 1796x1917) Image search: [Google]
ivan-tao-c4-name.jpg
563 KB, 1796x1917
DO you have the vocal chords of an eldritch horror?

No?

Well shit, guess you can't pronounce it.
>>
>go to draw a stick person
>draw circle head
>draw outstretched arms
>accidentally summon a myriad which is 20,736 of hell's minions
>>
File: oh you gay.jpg (24 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
oh you gay.jpg
24 KB, 450x338
>>17651506
You and your accidental demon summoning.

Seriously though, I imagine it's more about the intentions rather than getting it 100% perfect. As far as if it would offend them, it would depend on the entity. All spirtual beings have emotions and personalities like you and I, some will be forgiving if you mispronounce their name some will not. Just like a normal person would.
>>
>>17651960
Would the mispronunciation of their name affect anything? Or is it the intention that ultimately matters?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.