[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNSECURED CAMERAS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ipcam.png (65 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ipcam.png
65 KB, 300x300
Post your favorites.
>>
I am new to this. Is there a website with links to various cameras?
>>
>>17645437

Here is a dump of queries you can use for "Google hacking":

http://pastebin.com/nAYvc87L
>>
/r9k/ found a supposedly mentally handicapped asian guy that they dubbed 'beastman', as he would get home, strip naked and generally act like a rabid fool. eventually the parent/carer found out that people were accessing the camera, and moonrune news sites suspected hackers despite the camera being up on insecam.org

I don't think anyone got video, but there are tonnes of screencaps and it was very strange.

this also happened around the same time I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZd9SovaQ0c
>>
Something interesting to note, if you're a terrible person, is that cams with mics will also often let you play sound through them. Don't remember what the procedure is, haven't done this in years, but it could hypothetically scare the shit out of someone.
I have some instructions from an old thread saved, I'll copy the important parts in the hopes of giving this thread life.

HOW IT WORKS:

Simply put the IP links provided into your browser. If you are using chrome/firefox, follow the "server push" link and enter the credentials provided. In order to hear audio, and interact via microphone (which can be epic as fuck) you will need to use Internet Explorer and enable your activex in the browser security settings. This is highly recommended for shits and giggles.

If you have an ipad, i recommend downloading CAMVIEWER. It takes a little longer to set the cams up, but you can hear sound AND send sounds to 99% of all cams posted. It really is worth it, especially if you get the £2 upgrade ($2.49 maybe?).

>ALL CAMS ARE "admin/no password" UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.

Instructions on how to find your own cam links will be in the next post.
>>
>>17645605
In order to find unsecured cam links, go to http://www.shodanhq.com.

The query to enter in the search field begins with "netwave ip camera". This will give you five pages of search results in reverse date order. I highly recommend signing up for a free account, which will give you more results and will also give you search filters to play with so you can search by city, country and even find cams near you.

A paid account gives you unlimited searches and filters. i have one, and i can't recommend it enough. It also gives you credits to use around the site on things which i haven't even figured the fuck out yet.

Now, onto the filters. First go to http://www.iso.org/iso/country_names_and_code_elements . This will give you the two digit code for all countries which will come in handy next. To search by country use the query:

>"netwave IP camera country:XX"

Where "xx" is the two digit code of your choice. To search certain cities, which gets real interesting, use the query:

>netwave IP camera city:"city"

where "city" is, obviously, the city of your choice.

You will find that many cams have been left with a default user, which nine times out of ten is admin with no password. Some may be admin/123 or even admin/admin. It is quite laborious to search, but i think you'll find highly worth it as you have the choice of whether to share them, or keep them to yourself.

HAVE FUN
>>
>>17645607
A couple more important things: first be patient. Some cams take a while to load, particularly if there is more than one user trying to access them at once. They may also take longer if they are on the other side of the world from you. If you get a blank screen or it seems like it is loading forever, try closing the browser and trying again, or simply come back to it later.

Secondly, if you are worried at all about your IP being logged, EVERY SINGLE CAMERA has a reset option which will completely flush the IP log. Experience tells me, however, that if peole are too retarded to put a password on their camera, they are in no way capable enough of even accessing the settings of their cam, let alone knowing what the fuck an IP log is. I tend not to worry about this too much, but i get asked it alot. You will find the reset in settings/maintenance, depending on the model of camera.

Oh, you WILL come across cams that are in the rooms of sleeping babies (especially in the USA). I can't stop you, but i don't post these. I think that crosses a line personally, but each to their own.
>>
>>17645607
It seems like when I look up different cams, all of them are for businesses and service providers and stuff with set passwords. Any way to specifically find cams that I can check out, like for civilians or random people?
>>
>>17645607
any good ways to guess passwords? the stuff you listed has only worked for me like 1 out of every 10 or 20 times
>>
how do I secure my cam so no one can watch me, beside the obv tape over the camera. Also, is there a way to access the camera in someones iPad/phone/tablet ? How do I prevent myself from being watched?
>>
>>17645645
Try to get lucky, I guess? It just depends. Maybe search a different area or something.
>>17645727
Try simple user/pass combos
admin/admin
admin/password
admin/12345
It will only work sometimes, you have to be dedicated to the search
>>17645787
Shouldn't be a problem unless your cam itself is connected to the internet, in which case, I'm hardly a security expert.

One of my favorite cams was on the street corner in some Japanese suburb. Nothing spooky, it was just really relaxing.
>>
>>17645437
insecam
>>
Whenever I find a good IP cam, some faggot messes it up and they change the password or get rid of the camera. The only thing that sucks is there's no community of peeping Toms supporting one another afa IP cams are concerned. Almost not worth blowing $50 for a lifetime membership to shodan
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.