[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way into meditation? Im completely new and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: hjgkgh.jpg (70 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
hjgkgh.jpg
70 KB, 600x337
What is the best way into meditation?
Im completely new and interested, any tips?
>>
>>17644998
I literally have no idea what you're saying right now.
>>
>>17644999
I want to meditate
Dont know how
Looking for info
Google has not what i was looking for like types of meditation and etc
>>
>>17644998

Google, "zazen".
>>
>>17645010
Can i get inner knowledge with this method?
Im looking for a type of meditation that helps me discover myself and be a different person
Is it even possible?
>>
>>17645024

Yes. That is more or less the purpose.
>>
>>17645039
Thank you
>>
Mantras help to protect the mind from outside trouble. If you chant a mantra you can more easily wrangle thoughts when new at meditation.

Traditionally meditation was enjoyed with tea-foods like matcha, or things like fruits.

It's good to mentally offer food and water and incense to the deity. even if you have no physical. If you have no deity in mind, then offer them to the greatest version of yourself in all timelines.

The feeling of giving a gift, mentally primes you to recieve a gift, if you get what I mean. Meditation should be seen as the universe's gift to you for being a good listener.
>>
>>17644998
Google angelfire how to open your chakras
>>
I just tried for the first time in half lotus position, i was counting breaths and then i feel alot bigger and smaller its was really... odd
What is really hard for me is keeping by back straight and my leg starts hurting after a while...
Would this work better in the middle of nature?
>>
>>17645086
the thoth method?
Im gonna try it
>>
File: gays.png (184 KB, 651x325) Image search: [Google]
gays.png
184 KB, 651x325
>>17644998
go to leddit /r/meditation
kill yourself
>>
>>17645086
Well interesting i now know how to open the third eye & im going to try to summon a demon thanks /x/
>>
Try sitting on a mat or something soft to keep your legs from hurting
>>
>>17645095
>What is really hard for me is keeping by back straight and my leg starts hurting after a while...

You need a firm cushion on which to sit, one that tips your pelvis forward. That helps keep your back straight. It gets a bit easier, with practice. Start out maybe 5 min, and increase slowly.

You could also try kneeling, with a pillow between your ankles.

>Would this work better in the middle of nature?

Probably more distracting.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.