[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /x/ be interested in a new Hippie movement centered on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Would /x/ be interested in a new Hippie movement centered on self-sufficiency and exploring spirituality? Would you join such a movement?
>>
nah
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Is it a cult?
>>
>>17643231
call me a wierdo but I don't like group sex.
just doesn't feel manly sharing women with other guys.
>>
>>17643243
Does anyone really like that kind of shit except for bored to the soul first worlders?
>>
>>17643250
I think there are lots of people who like it.
there's a swingers club in my town
>>
>>17643231
Tried to live the hippie life over the past three years. Honestly mate, I think a lot of people have the wrong idea when it comes to being a true hippie. About 90% of the people I met and spoke with preach the life of love, but then they proclaim through their actions that all they care about is getting the drugs. I even went through a period of pure sobriety with meditation and study, subjected myself back into their society, and the outlook and influence I tried to portray, had no effect on them. I know we can't control what people do, but when you try to push all of your positive energy out to people and they still refuse to see past their own barriers, it becomes a useless tribulation. I think we have morphed the ideology of being a real "love all, accept all" mentality into a "let's see what drugs we can get our hands on to expand our minds" without doing the work that is necessary.
>>
>>17643231
i would
>>
>>17643276
I agree
>>
>>17643243
do you believe women are yours to share?
>>
>>17643276
your ideals are still good and worth practicing i hope you continue them.
>>
>>17643276
I think it would be best if a new hippie movement placed far more emphasis on meditation and less emphasis on psychedelics (except as an occasional tool to "glimpse" spiritual states).
>>
>>17643298
I do practice my beliefs daily. My hope is that one day we can all gather into a space of living conscious and come to an understanding of each persons role of importance. My inspiration is my grandmother, who recently passed away, and she helped me realize that even when the world says differently, we each have a place to fulfill and complete a journey of our own to help each others goals be attained while maintaining a similiar consciousness. I thoroughly wish I could have introduced her to many of my colleagues friends. But I digress, the teachings we learn are extremely important to our underatanding and livelihood. Never give up, anon, you have a place to fill in someone's life and that will give you understanding of your own journey.
>>
>>17643290
no, that's the point, I don't want to share them
>>
>>17643338
Yes. Absolutely. I practice meditation even in the slightest moment of solitude. My job requires active attentiveness and even though I am waiting patiently on my next due process at every moment, I take even the ten minutes I have to reflect on my interactions and spoken words to others. You always affect those in ways you can't comprehend. Practice well, brother.
>>
>>17643243
totally agree.
impassionate and impersonal.
>>
>>17643284
>>17643298
>>17643338
This is why I come back to this place. To this place of unknown and variables of countless measure as to who you are and what your goals are. I care for you, anons. I hope that whatever you may strive for be an accomplishment for the better. I don't know you, nor will I ever know you, but I hope that one day you may wake up and look at the sun with an awe inspiring passion to progress yourselves in ways you never thought possible. Even here, in this place of uncertainty and unbalance, I hope that you reach your own understanding of your own lives. Creator be with all of you, even if you don't believe such things, my love extends to all of you.
>>
I am interested in that life. That's what I am aiming to find and become a part of or create for myself.
>>
>>17643276
You get it.
Its everywhere in any following and where communities can be formed.
>>
>>17643231
This exists, does it not?
there's people focused on equality of all oppressed groups, but I mean straight white men have been denying it and created this whole "SJW" shit as scapegoat to write it off.
>>
>>17643243
>manly
>"I must fit into standards society has set on my biological sex"
>>
Sure as long as men throw me around like a sex toy
>>
Only if it isn't based around drug use, but instead around responsible pursuit of spiritual wisdom through meditation and research.
>>
Absolutely not. Collectivity 4 lyfe, SINGULARITY NOW
>>
>>17644138
I don't see what that has to do with self sufficiency, in fact it seems like they are incredibly reliant on others
>>
>>17643231
Hippie movement sounds like hedonism and growing up to be spineless 60 year old faggots who vote democrat and wish they could still fuck and drug, because its all they had going for them.
>>
>>17644141
Being manly is part of being a man. If you want to be degenerate go ahead, but don't shove your retarded tumblr believes into others.
>>
>>17645534
Is it really? Like you sign a contract when born saying you'll do 'manly' thing or what, they'll revoke your genitals?
You can be a man and not do manly things. Unless you're trying real hard to come off as manly so you avoid unmanly things, but for what purpose?
People aren't engineered to enjoy only things made up and created for their sex.
>>
>>17643231
No. I live in Glastonbury and the hippie/new age community here is pretty retarded. There are some serious people but mostly those who end up here are the lost, the mentally ill, dope smokers who do nothing, and the just plain flakes who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

In other places in Britain there are some good things happening, permaculture groups, the Findhorn Foundation, but you have to be very organised and clear to do anything hippie and still keep the flakes from ruining it.
>>
>>17643231
>Would /x/ be interested in a new Hippie movement centered on self-sufficiency and exploring spirituality? Would you join such a movement?
Yes.

Too few people explore the uncharted possibilities of consciousness, and that's why they go through life asleep at the wheel.
>>
>>17643276
>I think we have morphed the ideology of being a real "love all, accept all" mentality into a "let's see what drugs we can get our hands on to expand our minds" without doing the work that is necessary.
Very good point, Anon.
>>
>>17643392
>This is why I come back to this place. To this place of unknown and variables of countless measure as to who you are and what your goals are. I care for you, anons. I hope that whatever you may strive for be an accomplishment for the better. I don't know you, nor will I ever know you, but I hope that one day you may wake up and look at the sun with an awe inspiring passion to progress yourselves in ways you never thought possible. Even here, in this place of uncertainty and unbalance, I hope that you reach your own understanding of your own lives. Creator be with all of you, even if you don't believe such things, my love extends to all of you.
^^^ this.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.