[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Philadephia Experiment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: PhiladelphiaExperiment1.jpg (31 KB, 590x211) Image search: [Google]
PhiladelphiaExperiment1.jpg
31 KB, 590x211
Does the recent discovery of gravitational waves mean that the Philadephia Experiment could have been real after all? Holy fuck.
>>
>>17639520
it's ALL real op
great lengths are gone to to preserve the illusion of normalcy
>>
>>17639520
Not really, it was the effect of artificially generated electromagnetism on the visible light spectrum which was the focus of the supposed experiment.

I find it difficult to believe anything really happened like the stories say, we are living on a planet which is pretty much a huge magnet in space already,

I'd find it hard to believe they were able to generate a more powerful field than the earths magnetic poles already do, if they could, they'd already have employed it in satellite technology and drones/missiles to prevent EMP damage.

I kinda wish it was a real thing, but sadly the science behind the story just doesnt hold up to scrutiny
>>
The Philadelphia Experiment simply electrocuted/cremated the crew. It was meant to be an EM field strong enough to deflect radar, instead it was like plugging a ship into the power grid.

The time warp shit is bullshit.

This post is also bullshit, based purely on my imagination.
>>
>>17639547
You don't know.

Why not just say you don't know instead of posting utter bullshit.

What's the difference between a boson and fermion? What's a lepton? You don't know? Well how the fuck can you claim knowledge of a top-secret highly advanced experiment when you don't even know basic physics?

You don't know shit. You're guessing.
>>
>>17639547

>generate a more powerful field than the earths magnetic poles already do

You think the poles generate an EM field?

No seriously..? Not the Iron core, but the actual poles?

Oh.. wait.. I forgot. You don't know.
>>
>>17639563
>Look at me, I can look up the names of some subatomic particles and roleplay that I know some deep inside government information, yet am holding onto it for some secret reason known only to me
>>
>>17639574

No dickhead, but those are the strongest points on the earths surface that we can easily reach, and i didn't ever hear of anyone on an arctic expedition melting into their fucking sled.

>lets try to deliberately misunderstand someone and then tell them they dont know something
>>
This story has 0 credible sources. Name me one.

The rest is internet bullshit.
>"People melted into the hull".
Who even said this? Is there a source?

This is the kinda sourceless shit you see on the Scifi channel.
>>
>>17639588
I know enough about physics to know that he doesn't know what happened. I also know enough about the story to know that... nobody.. knows wtf happened, or if it even happened at all.

To claim knowledge on this is dumb. We can speculate, but pretending to know the why's and what's is just RPing.
>>
>>17639616

>"People melted into the hull".

>Who even said this? Is there a source?

mfw the Wikipedia page has a source for it - History Channel : That's Impossible!
>>
>>17639616
the history channel has a documentary and a witness in the documentary, look up al bielk and the experiment name
>>
>>17639549
>The Philadelphia Experiment simply electrocuted/cremated the crew.

This.

The experiment was indeed conducted, however, the end result failed to meet the intent, and lead to the negligent electrocution of some of the crew members.

That's it.

The rest of the story is bullshit.
>>
>>17639646
Too late, this story was touched by the history channel.

Not even /x/ can save it now.

Also many times they have exposed military and civilians to harmful situations and after a while they just tell everybody about it.

In this case they did something strange.
>>
Lol in my shithole of a country we get this thing taught at physics class like it is something more than a legend, not even joking
>>
>>17639760
Romania?
>>
>>17639603
The earth's magnetic field is large, but very weak.

Standard laboratory magnets have a stronger magnetic field. If you have an MRI in a hospital, they have your remove metal and any electronic devices or credit cards would have their memories erased. It's not something you have to worry about when you're outside in the earth's magnetic field. I'm not saying there's anything to this Philadelphia Experiment bullshit, but there's nothing strange about generating a stronger magnetic field.
>>
>>17639760
I hope not.
>>
>>17639523
fnord
>>
>>17639710
are you willing to prove that?
>>
>>17639563
> leptons
> basic physics

Choose one faggot
>>
>>17639809

I don't have the link anymore, but there's some dude that did the research and found medical records from the local civilian hospital that treated the casualties. They got zapped due to faulty grounding, or some shit, and that's about the extent of the incident.
>>
>>17639825
I call ballshit.

(ballshit is what happens when you wipe forward and get shit on the back of your balls)
>>
>>17639830
Call it what you will, that's what I saw back in 06' ish....
>>
>>17639830
I call bowlshit.

(Bowlshit is shit in a bowl that is also made of shit)
>>
No one is talking about the actual procedure.
No one is mentioning any detail about the experiment.

You are all just shitposting left and wright, fighting about who has the smallest dick.

Pathetic...
>>
File: whathasbeenseen.png (59 KB, 455x451) Image search: [Google]
whathasbeenseen.png
59 KB, 455x451
>>17639803
>>
>>17639885
The experiment was meant to test de-gausing to make ships impervious to magnetic mines.

It failed, and managed to electrocute some sailors in the process.

Not much to it, really.
>>
>>17639910
It sounds like a lot, where are the medical records?
>>
File: SeenSomeShit.jpg (32 KB, 536x640) Image search: [Google]
SeenSomeShit.jpg
32 KB, 536x640
>>17639803
>>
>>17639917
I don't know, anon.

I saw a website back in the day that had a segment about the incident, and that's where I saw the records and learned about the experiment.
>>
File: 1452538773854.png (306 KB, 483x466) Image search: [Google]
1452538773854.png
306 KB, 483x466
>>17639803
I don't know what this means but it makes me very uneasy to read. Why?
>>
>>17639910
>The experiment was meant to
>It failed,
>Not much to it

Oh, excuse me general. I forgot you too browse this north american smoke signal board.
And I forgot you, personally, have the mission's brief, and debrief documents.

Of course you know what this classified experiment was all about.
I heard it was you who "relieved" Tesla of his research data, after all.
>>
>>17640005
Don't call me general, I worked for a living and told the truth to my men.
>>
>>17639616
The fact that the US Department of Defense admits it actually happened should be enough.
As for what actually happened, Im pretty sure the ship just super heated, creating a huge cloud of vapor while moving from point A to point B and half the crew was either melted or ended up welded the metal of the ship. Do remember this is San Francisco bay, pretty foggy there already.
>>
>>17639910
The US Navy actually perfected degausing and we still use it to this day.
>>
>>17639520
fuckin twilight zone ass experiment

it was always real, nerd
>>
File: 8239276_orig.png (31 KB, 508x195) Image search: [Google]
8239276_orig.png
31 KB, 508x195
>>17639547
>generate a more powerful field than the earth
>>17639603
>>
>>17640268
>US Department of Defense admits it actually happened

Source?
>>
>>17641825
Look up USS Eldridge. It was an experiment called Project Rainbow.
>>
How the hell could gravity be a wave? Gravity is instant. It would have to travel faster than light or something.

This shit doesn't add up.
>>
File: ship of the damned.jpg (42 KB, 316x473) Image search: [Google]
ship of the damned.jpg
42 KB, 316x473
>>17639520
Probably not but if you like the subject read "Ship of the Damned." it was a good fictional story about the Philadelphia Experiment.
>>
>>17643395
Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>17640268
>point A to point B
> foggy
>uses fog to travel to a from fog points

the oxygen back then was a entirely different story

take a flash light at night and look up

theres a bunch of shit in the atmosphere

good bye
>>
>someone who wasn't involved saw the degaussing and said "oh shit dats magic yo"
>the ship used a now well known waterway to traverse some Phil to off coast NC to avoid u boats
Well that explains both "witness account" anything else?
>>
>>17639520
>Does the recent discovery of gravitational waves mean that the Philadephia Experiment could have been real after all? Holy fuck.

It's all real.

Now go watch YouTube and play with your social media, sheep.
>>
File: Philadelphia_Experiment.jpg (1 MB, 2524x3224) Image search: [Google]
Philadelphia_Experiment.jpg
1 MB, 2524x3224
>>17639520
>>
>>17643395

>what is science
>>
>>17639624
He was speculating you retard.
>>
>>17645791
Good response 9/10

Still don't buy it.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.