[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you have nightmares?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: nightmare.jpg (12 KB, 300x332) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.jpg
12 KB, 300x332
How often do you have nightmares?
>>
my life is a nightmare
>>
had one a couple nights ago

I'm using it as inspiration for a D&D campaign

In the mornings I can recall my dreams, not all are nightmares, but a good amount turn out to be, usually they're nice.
>>
>>17632807
I am having the same nightmare for weeks almost every night.
>>
>>17632807
I had one last night where I was fucking a black transexual? does that count?
>>
All the time and extremely violent.
>>
havent really dremed in 3 years now, so rarely.
>>
>>17632807
I rarely dream, but when I do, like 95% of the dreams are nightmares
>>
>>17632851
this\

still... i think i have less than 3 nightmares per year
>>
File: 1445840222937s.jpg (11 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
1445840222937s.jpg
11 KB, 229x250
Almost every night for about a decade and a half.
>>
Have PTSD, so I have nightmares pretty much every night.

Luckily I usually forget them within a couple hours of waking up.
>>
File: 1420977644080.jpg (11 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
1420977644080.jpg
11 KB, 252x221
I had nightmares only from my younger years from being 5-10 but as soon as I hit my age of 12 I stopped having dreams at all. Usually I have my sleep undisturbed and wake up with no memories of dreams or even sights of dreams. It has been 15 years and I still haven't got a dream from any of my sleeps.
>>
I have strange dreams, some of which would be scary to most people but not to me. Honestly not trying to sound edgy, I just don't "feel" fear during those dreams. Either way, I haven't had a nightmare in the normal capacity in probably 10 years. The closest thing was a bout of sleep paralysis in 2012.
>>
hardly ever. practically never. And nothing like you guys have. That shit is crazy.
>>
>>17633733
you should try and deal with them.
>>
>>17632851
/site
>>
Personally? Maybe once or twice a month. That's counting the ones I remember, as for the ones I don't, idfk
I've read that you dream every time you enter REM sleep, which is multiple times a night, you only remember the dreams that you have closest to when you wake up.
So for all I know I have nightmares every night and don't know it.
...But then again nightmares have a tendency to wake you up if they're spoopy enough.

idk lol
>>
>>17632807
Never. I havnt been able to remember any of my dreams since I was a little kind.
>>
>>17632807
Altogether too little. I've been having more recently though. Gotta let the negative entities and emotion in.
>>
File: l4dbillpills.jpg~c200.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
l4dbillpills.jpg~c200.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
Every night, I think. I rarely remember my dreams, but any time I do they're strange or disturbing.

The paint on the wall directly behind my pillow is all scratched to hell. I thought it was from my girlfriend's jewelry because she always wears shitloads of rings, until I woke up with my fingernails dug into the wall.

I've got three recurring dreams.

1. My teeth are falling out.
2. I've discovered that my father has started drinking again, and the confrontation becomes violent.
3. I'm alone in various places and a tornado starts to form in the sky. Sometimes it's more than one.

Was diagnosed with GAD at some point.
>>
>>17633848
I'm in therapy and the sleeping medication I have helps slightly but it takes a long time for them to go away - and they might never.

I know what my nightmares are because it's always a slight variation of what happened to me.

But thanks /s
>>
>>17632807
Dream thread over here >>17625608
>>
Every time I dream. It's been persistent for almost five years now. At first I remembered them quite clearly, but I've conditioned myself to be able to block them out or force an amnesia of it. Only the really nasty ones stick with me. One particularly vivid one made me wake up early in the morning, and I frantically messaged one of my friends to make sure she was still alive. Shit gets so damn surreal it should have a DalĂ­ signature on it. I don't pay attention to them though, they never represent something of importance to me, only burned bridges or impossibilities.
>>
I tend to have nightmares a lot when I sleep on my back; weird stuff.

I also frequently dream about myself being trapping in an occuring tornado storm.

This shit doens't make sense.
>>
>>17633971
Sounds like past life.
>>
>>17633889
>idk lol
>one off trips
You could have prevented this with three less letters.

>>17632807
Seems to be happening more often lately. Just woke up. Long story short: Captured and tortured as a kid. End up obtaining a rifle and putting 31 bullets into the head of my captor while he slept and then proceeded to stab repeatedly. Still wasn't dead and he got his hands on me. Bloodiest nightmare I've ever had.
>>
>>17632807
I have nightmares every night. As long as I can remember this has been true. My doctor told me its due to an imbalance caused by my depression. Every morning I write what the nightmare was down in my phone and transfer it to a USB. I rewrite them as short stories like creepy pastas. I have literally hundreds of documents of nightmares at this point.
>>
File: 1417381706231.jpg (62 KB, 613x559) Image search: [Google]
1417381706231.jpg
62 KB, 613x559
Maybe once a year. As a kid I used to have recurring nightmares involving a human-arachnid hybrid, stopped once I got over puberty. The creature wasn't what scared me, it was being helpless and not being able to wake up once I'd become aware it's a dream.

It's really rare for me to classify anything as nightmarish nowadays, most of my dreams are just weird. When some threatening or bizarre shit happens, I almost always realize I'm dreaming and proceed to control or end the dream. Is this a form of lucid dreaming? Sure would've been a nice skill to have as a kid instead of watching your guts being torn apart and eaten for years.
>>
>>17632851
Confirmed
>>
>>17633808
you have sleep apnea
>>
I dont have nightmares,nightmares have me.
>>
i wish i had them more often
i love the rush i get from them
>>
>>17632807
very rarely.
i usually just cry myself to sleep.
black nothingness.
>>
Does anyone else just exit dreams once they become the slightest bit uncomfortable? It's like I know I can just wake up. The true nightmares are the ones when I can't..
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.