[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hell general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 8
File: Hortus_Deliciarum_-_Hell.jpg (645 KB, 878x1172) Image search: [Google]
Hortus_Deliciarum_-_Hell.jpg
645 KB, 878x1172
There was a bible-thumping thread on Hell that got deleted. Let's try again.
What do you think about hell, anon? Is it a state of mind, is it a physical place inside the planet earth?
>>
i'm going to sauna, maybe i'll post some things after I get back if the thread is still alive
>>
>>17632149
Its just another plane than people live on.

Angel shills convinced ancient humans it was a bad place so when contact with other planes would be made, humans will only trade with the "good guys".
>>
How to become a demon:

1. Deny God. (Atheism)
2. Change the name of God so people can't find Him.
3. Change the morals of mankind
4. Have humans love their enemies (demons) and torturers (demons) and give them alms (demons) and visit them when punished with sickness (demons)
5. Have humans hate all the kinds of sex God has invented for them to enjoy and call tem aberrant
6. Have humans believe that being poor and despised and fucked over is good.
7. Have humans believe that being rich as fuck and happy is a bad omen and you should inmediately unenrich yourself

It is very simple: Good things are desirable things: You desire sexual pleasure of this or that kind, so it is good.
You don't desire to be fucked over so it is bad.
You desire to have a good time, so it is good.
You don't desire to be a slave to your enemies so it is bad.
Some people desire zoophilia so it is GOOD.

But look at demons: "No, sex is bad and you can't have it until you are much older and you can't have in the time of your life when you are the most horny because it's illegal, because apparently a teen is dumb and doesn't know about aids, nor that she is bleeding through the cunt because she can have babies now.

A thing God does not want does not exist, there doesn't exist a gun that destroys a soul for example.

Does zoophilia exist? Do the people that do it have fun? Are bad things fun? Is burning in hell fun?

Basically what both atheists and alleged "christians" are saying is: BE DUMB.

There are true christians, that know the true Christ and the True God. And trust me, they know they are free and loved as they are because they were desired to be this way.

God does not makes a man desire penises to hate it, but because He wants that man to enjoy himself with penises.
>>
>>17632172

When looking for God and the Christ, you have to be faithful but skeptical, omnipotence is omnipotence and lack of miracles means impotence. And look for a perspective where you are loved and desired as you are, and from a perspective of freedom.
>>
>>17632172
>1-7
So basically Jews=Demons?
>>
Dunno, in my religion there is no hell. And I've never believed in it from the get go, even when I was Christian. I saw no need for god to have a rape dungeon.

Now, I just see no need to be Christian since most of it is Paganism (including the notion of hell. It's Zoroastrian yo.)
>>
>>17632189

Oh look, wasn't God the God of the jews initially?
>>
>>17632232
jew spotted
>>
>>17632172
The problem with taking your meds is that eventually you feel okay. And feeling okay, you stop taking your meds, and eventually start posting bat shit crazy copy pasta like this.

Take your meds. The people around you will thank you.
>>
>>17632232
No Allah was.
>>
>>17632190
Zoroaster just believed what the Jews brought into captivity with them into Babylon, and then Persia; you're relying on manuscripts that are thousands of years past the event.

Your grandfather would be ashamed of you.
>>
>>17632232
No. Paul revealed that the mystery was always salvation first to the Jews, and then to everyone else.

Jesus makes no sense in India; He'd just be another fakir over there.

Only the Hebrew people were built into a system that could expect, and identify, the Messiah.

And they failed to do that, for reasons.
>>
>>17632246
The Hebrews had no hell. And that is documented as well in the OT and all Jewish texts.

My Grandfather taught me this.
>>
>>17632245
allah = Hubal = Ba'al. The Arabs have always worshiped Ba'al, and have never worshiped the God of the Jews.
>>
>>17632252
Isaiah 66
All mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD. "Then they will go forth and look On the corpses of the men Who have transgressed against Me. For their worm will not die And their fire will not be quenched; And they will be an abhorrence to all mankind."

Was Isaiah a Hebrew prophet, or not?
>>
>>17632260
That doesn't reference hell...like, at all. That is literally talking about the aftermath of a battle in which they killed their enemies, and Isaiah is saying that they will be remembered as enemies, and their legacy will be only infamy.

Not eternal damnation.

>comprehending literature is hard
>>
>>17632267
Gee, that's odd. Jesus seems to think so, by quoting it.....

Jesus Warns of Offenses
Mark 9
“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’
>>
>>17632267
So now that you know hell is real, are you still insisting God cast you in?

Or is your denial stronger than reality, and you can just "disbelieve your way out"?
>>
Inherently illogical, probably doesn't real.
>>
>>17632280
God is Life. In God there is life.

Outside of God there is no life.

The Kingdom of God is for the living, not the dead.

The dead get separated out of the living, and buried out of sight and out of mind.
>>
>>17632273
>Death before dishonor

You do know that the word that Jerome translated from Hebrew, to Latin for "Hell" was "Sheol" right?

Sheol means "The Grave."

"Tis better to enter life maimed, rather than having two hands, go to the grave into the the fire that shall never be quenched (metaphor for dishonor.) where their worm does not die (worm, being a term in Old English for "an asshole".)

Nigga, yo ass needa read some mo books.

Hell is a mistranslation of Sheol.

"The Fire", is refers to the Ire of your fellow humans, i.e people are glad you're dead.

And the word Worm LITERALLY can be used as a euphemism for asshole, douchebag, a not good person. "The Worm" not dying means infamy.

It's like you don't know the meanings of certain words, as they were used 500-1000 years ago.
>>
why are there so many christards on /x/
>>
>>17632149
Funny thing how this stories / Myths actually translated to the reality of what we found bellow and above.

Think about it, hell being represented as a place of eternal fire and then we find out that the inner earth is actually composed of a lot of melted really hot stuff, basically physical hell, extreme heat and pressure.
As for heaven being represented as this vast expanse in the clouds, and actual space being this vast nothingness (peace, stillness?) with some fiery objects burning and shining for eternities (stars=angels?)
>>
>>17632290
There aren't, there are about 5, and they samefag a lot.
>>
>>17632287
>MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL
>>
>>17632287
Jesus confirmed for speaking of Gehenna, not Hades/Sheol.

Jesus confirmed for knowing more about the hell He created for your spiritual father, His enemy, than you do.
>>
>>17632290
We're beating the bushes to find people who want to go to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

There are a few seats available, and you'll never get there by listening to a punk like Orion.
>>
>>17632149
Doesn't exist. Ots a made up place to keep the sheep in line
>>
>>17632309
How is that possible, when no goats (sheep don't go to hell) come back to keep the rest of you goats in line?
>>
>>17632298
Or you could just fact check me.

Sheol was attributed as "Hell", as was Gehenna (which is an actual place.)

"Worm", as it would have been used when it was translated into old English, AND in Latin, referred to a person who was abrasive.

In that context where a total jerk went to the grave, "The Fire" would be akin to dishonor.
>>
>>1763231 read the Bible and tell me where it says hell is a place ...I'll wait Hades Isis nothing but a lake of fire non belivers souls will be cast in after Jesus comes back with the 144,000. No mention of an actual hell tho
>>
>>17632314
>Alpaca master race
>>
>>17632322
Is*
>>
>>17632149
In the Bible it says demons were sent to the Abyss, it said nothing about Hell.
>>
>>17632303
The translation you use of the bible is not Jesus' traslation/version.

You're reading a translation of Jerome's translation, which was rife with mistakes as he had to translate old Hebrew into Greek, into Latin. Which was an amazing feat because he did a really good job. But he had a few mistakes.

Not to mention the fact that his translation was of Paul's doctrine, not Jesus'. Paul preached stuff that Jesus directly preached against.

Also, stop samefagging.
>>
>>17632318
Factually you're dead bang wrong, but you already knew that.

Hades/Sheol was spoken of by Jesus; it is not a burning lake of fire.

It is very much as the Greeks portrayed it; a two compartmented afterlife, one side being Paradise/Bosom of Abraham, and the other side being Torment, or hot.

Not on fire in a lake of fire hot; that's Gehenna. And Gehenna was pictured by the ever burning garbage pile outside of Jerusalem by the same name.

To give you a picture of what an ever burning pile of garbage hell is.

Intelligent people know when they're wrong. You? You double down.
>>
>>17632318
interpret me until there's nothing left baby
you can't hide behind words, it's clear what they are talking about and that meaning passed through generations you thick cunt

Anyway I rather burn than live up there on the clouds with the other eternally boring pure souls
>>
>>17632325
kek

>>17632330
kek

>muh translations are not reliable meme
>>
>>17632333
>>17632331

Ok dude.
>>
>>17632347
that's right tone your cunt mouth down
>>
>>17632347
I wonder if Jesus knows what He's talking about.

Mark 9
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’

He seems to be quoting Isaiah again; three times for emphasis.

Are you sure none of the OT Jews knew about Hell?
>>
Back from sauna, only to see the thread turned to speculation about what Jesus might have said.

I was hoping more non-christian role players would join in. Looking at hell from an occult point of view is pretty interesting. I argue that one can know the mechanism hell works on, or rather that there is such a mechanism. I dropped this in the other thread, and i'll drop it here as well; http://www.theosophy.wiki/en/Avichi
theosophy is sometimes a bit fantastic even for my role playing taste, but i feel they still do a good job in trying to explain some of the phenomena that often get's lost behind the symbols the ancients used to convey them (yet here, too, much has been lost and symbols have been taken for face value, what with the secret chiefs and atlantis and all)
>>
>>17632149
Satanist thread? More like a bunch of edgy faggots who think there cool.
>>
>>17632172
Have humans believe that being rich as fuck and happy is a bad omen and you should inmediately unenrich yourself
Read the Bible, ye blasphemer. Ye do not know Him. He is the Word, and if ye do not know the Word, ye know not Him.

As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.'"

Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy."

Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!"

The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, "Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God!

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?"

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Then Peter spoke up, "We have left everything to follow you!"

"Truly I tell you," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields--along with persecutions--and in the age to come eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
>>
>>17632260
I'm a Jew, and there's no clear context on what happens after we die (regarding hell), but the belief that is common (at least where I am) is that everyone goes to hell to be cleansed by a "holy fire", and that hell is temporary. Then we go to heaven, Jews being "religiously aware" either go through holy fire for a much shorter period of time or bypass it completely.
>>
File: 1461181234001.jpg (1 MB, 1062x1540) Image search: [Google]
1461181234001.jpg
1 MB, 1062x1540
>>17632149
HELL EXISTS because when you die it's just like a massive fucking trip or a lucid dream. The DMT that shoots into your brain upon death is the chemical that induces your consciousness to 'retreat' into interior realms.

You have to be really confident and stable with your existence for everything to go smoothly. If you've spent your life being evil, have no spiritual beliefs, or are paranoid that cruelty awaits you in the void, it will manifest thus. You can even enter deeper states of illusion, fragment your reality further, and manifest entirely new realms of existence in which you exist in an increased state of misery.

Souls that panic in death often try to rebirth as quickly as possible and transfer themselves immediately to the nearest available organisms that are conceiving offspring.

If you're lucky, are confident passing over, have trained mentally, or perhaps have even reached a cognitive state that some might describe as 'enlightened', there are a number of possibilities that can occur. You might realize upon death you have the power to manifest as anyone or anything from the present point and throughout the distant future and choose to do this. You might be able to strip back the illusive layers of reality and manifest in more older, perhaps even primordial forms of existence depending on your ability. If you've really got control of your subconscious mind you might understand the potential to return to the place you once were, but have since long forgotten, which is the original 'lobby' of souls and of consciousness. Christians of this world would call it 'purgatory'. It is physically far from Earth, an unfathomable eon out into the darkness of space. It is a place where you can decide to continue your journey in equally unfathomable and far-off realms, or where you can decide to return to the unknowable origin through The Infinity Gates, to The Source.

Tibetan monks spend their entire lives preparing for this and describe
>>
>>17632385
i think you are the first one to mention satanism or satan ITT
>>
>>17632352
How Christian of you!

>>17632355
Jesus did. But The Romans did not. Nor did Paul. Nor did Jerome. Nor do you.

The OT jews, had no Hell. As evidenced by, the fact that they had no hell in their scriptures. You're repeating the same thing over and over, and saying "REALLY? SEE JESUS REPEATED..." Really dude?
>>
>>17632397
Really? It 's hell general so I assumed it would be a bunch of Satan worshiping faggots.
>>
>>17632399
Actually, some Jews believed in Hell, it depended on the sect.
>>
>>17632405
Nope.

All Christfags, me, and a bunch of anons who have not said anything about their religion.
>>
>>17632405
Apparently hell is in this thing called the Bible, bruh.
>>
>>17632407
Wouldn't it be beneficial to see what sect Jesus belonged to then?
>>
>>17632408
>who have not said anything about their religion.
Religio
TO RECONNECT
I don't need to reconnect, my connection is fine, not only that, I am not connected, I AM the thing.
Just not a very good thing, I am a thing that drives me to spiral into booze and well what you christians would call sin.
No matter, I am what I am, rather eternal fire, eternal unquenched thirst, than eternal bliss among clouds, eternal pleasure.
Thirst is what drives me, what makes me go, live not die. And in this life I will life not afterwards.
>>
>>17632410
No one knows for sure. They can only speculate off of what's in the Bible, and the experts aren't too sure what he believed because the Biblical translations aren't reliable.
>>
>>17632395
The Infinity Gates are also what the entities known as the reptiles are attempting to enter. However, we can't fathom how their dealings in this reality affect that objective. Similarly 'war' and what we on Earth would describe as an 'assault' by the reptilian race in purgatory exist in unimaginable forms in those realms.
>>
>>17632419
2 deep 4 me

Do you write songs for Bring Me The Horizon?
>>
>>17632420
Hmmm.

See to me, due to what he said (or what I think he said.) He was one of the old school Hebrews that had no hell, and was taught to believe only Hebrews got to go to heaven. And I think that is where he rebelled. I don't think he thought up a hell for his followers, I think he just decided to offer his "salvation" to all.
>>
>>17632427
you little worthless nigger you understand nothing but your own meaningless babbling
>>
>>17632395
thanks for the contribution. i don't agree with all you say, but i enjoyed reading your reflections here. i dunno if purgatory and "the lobby" of souls really serve the same purpose, though - from what i gather reading mostly western esoterica and certain esoteric training, it seems that there are distinct levels of experience the tibetans call bardos as successive layers are stripped off, or rather are worn off, covering the undying spirit of man - it seems that purgatory is the experience where man after death is dealing with the emotional "baggage", which is unresolved emotional complexes, that he avoided facing head on during life - it seems in purgatory the astral body is taken apart so man can integrate the emotional experiences on a mental level as well, and this also enables one to eventually build a new astral body or personality. but hell, i'm pretty confused with all this mystical stuff, and it's gotten to be a tiresome trip to pretend that I know anything at all when it comes to post mortem states. Yet in all fairness, what Steiner and Heindel describe in their books seems to make sense, even if the lives and personalities of the authors sometimes don't.
>>
>>17632394
>I'm a Jew

Stopped reading right there. You do not understand or believe Moses and the prophets, so your word is no good. Nor if you even know the Old Covenant is there anything about the afterlife in it at all. Fleshly demands, fleshly rewards, no way to know the living God.
>>
>>17632399
Oh, okay. The bible that the Holy Spirit doesn't mean what it says it means, because (reasons).

God cannot maintain His Word.

If gramps is dead, he's rolling over in his grave at how edgy you think you are.

I quoted Isaiah.

Is Isaiah a Jew?

Is Isaiah a Jewish prophet?
>>
>>17632435
You wrote a poem/song at me.

A very 8th grade, boo hoo, look at me i'm emo I cut myself, song/poem.

>THIRST IS WHAT DRIVES ME!!!

Thirst for...dick?
>>
>>17632410
Daily Reminder that Jesus is God, the Creator, the Almighty, and that Orion doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Even the literal demons of Jesus' day knew
Who He was.

But you? No, you're sure there's been some sort of confusion, even though Jesus is not the author of confusion.
>>
>>17632420
>because the Biblical translations aren't reliable.

Prove it. Provide evidence for it. Post one single solitary fact that the bible is unreliable. Give one single citation that the afterlife in the bible is not as advertised. And source it.
>>
>>17632446
What?

How am I edgy for denying the existence of an eternal rape dungeon where people like you like to picture people you dislike? That's edgy. I'm making logical assumptions based on, well, facts.

Isaiah was Jewish. The quote you keep quoting, was not about hell.
>>
>>17632448
He's right. You're profoundly ignorant.
>>
>>17632458
>eternal rape dungeon

This is a figment of your imagination; of course it does not exist.

actual hell, actual Gehenna, actual lake of fire; that exists.

And you're headed there.

Isaiah and Jesus both said it was hell, where the worm (you) does not die, and the fire is not quenched.

That is literally the lake of fire.
>>
>>17632454
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna
>>
>>17632461
Ok dude.

>>17632463
>me profoundly ignorant
>using an old english term to represent, what would have been a Hebrew term, both of which meant "douchebag."
>>
>>17632470
You disregard a more poetic form of expression yet keep hiding behind words like your extensive knowledge of little nothings grants you a safe card from ignorance

You'll be there. And when you come down i'll open the door for you and say "Come on in by the fire"
>>
>>17632464

This article is about the Biblical term that has been interpreted as analogous to the concept of "Hades", "Hell" or "Purgatory". For other uses, see Gehenna (disambiguation).
Not to be confused with Gahanna, Ohio.
>>
>>17632480
Seriously. You should start a Grindcore band and be the singer/songwriter.
>>
>>17632487
Purgatory isn't Hell, you retard. How can it be all those things? It's either one of those things or it's none of those things, it can't be all of those things.
>>
File: big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg (456 KB, 1512x1079) Image search: [Google]
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg
456 KB, 1512x1079
the educational documentary Big Trouble in Little China provides us some real gems of information;
Eddie: Well sure it was a war. And anybody that showed up was gonna join Lem Lee in the Hell of Being Cut to Pieces.
Jack Burton: Hell of being what?
Eddie: Chinese have a lot of Hells.
fokin awesome movie, think i'll watch it tonight
>>
>>17632492
There is no purgatory.

That is a cite from the wiki link.
>>
>>17632501
There is no hell.

That's just a cite from the wiki link.
>>
>>17632464
In Jewish Rabbinic literature, and Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked.

Do you read your own cites?
>>
>>17632505
That doesn't mean it's the place of eternal torment that people tout it to be.
>>
>>17632273
>giving a flying fuck about what Jesus said

He was a heretic. Fuck heretics.
>>
A tool used by the creators to make people fall in line. if it were real, probability would have it that it's a plane significantly lower than ours
>>
>>17632507
It does, actually. Eternally burning place where people literally placed their babies into the arms of demon gods to burn to death.
>>
>>17632533
Literally impossible for Jesus to be an heretic.

>>17632540
Not sure how knowing that makes your desire to be there any less insane.
>>
>>17632585
How do they burn to death if they are already dead.
>>
>>17632589
Painfully.

You're dead right now. Do you feel pain?
>>
>>17632599
But...if you're dead, how can you die again.

I didn't ask about pain. And it's sort of irrelevant since pain is partially mental. AND burning in fire is actually not that painful, after a few seconds. Your nerve endings burn.
>>
>>17632440
You are right, my comparison of the soul lobby to Christian purgatory is wrong.

But the potential for entering negative realms of consciences is very real for those that deserve to face 'emotional baggage' as you have put it. It never lasts forever though no matter how awful you've behaved.

Beyond these experiences though the soul lobby does exist. Beyond this the infinity gates. I've met two men in the Andes and who've seen them, and a girl in Toulouse.
>>
>>17632619
It's funny because I just googled the infinity gates to see what comes up and George Lucas has written about them as being owned by reptiles
>>
>>17632386
You can't morph different verses together into a single narrative. In the first passage you referenced the man goes away sad because he's about to sell everything he has. In the second, the eye of a needle refers to a hole in the wall in Jerusalem that criminals etc used to enter the city. They're upset because he just implied criminals are better than rich people. The third is about leaving behind the comforts of your known life - aka family, fields (wealth) and pursuing spirituality instead.

You can't just mash shit together like that, they're all completely different.
>>
>>17632630
There's no use in talking to him, he has his own version of the bible.
>>
>>17632172
I do believe good morals trumps the want of the id. A desire doesn't necessarily mean it's good. Also what of the process of obtaining those wants? If your actions cause misery to others, you and your actions would be considered bad to them.
The thought process of thinking that raw desire is inherently good, is chaotic and insane. You might as well be saying the desire to murder is inherently good too.
>>
Well, suffering is in every environment, each to its own level. It makes me think, if we're randomly conscious and aware now, how the hell do people think its all over once we die? I'd wish so, eternal unconsciousness is heaven its self. But if we're randomly generated, then that means it could happen again, our self awareness could be in a different form, maybe under more hellish circumstances than our current. Rebirth in a new form is possible, it's pretty logical, since we happen to came to be just like that. Just think of how infinite this universe is, there's infinite possibilities of what might happen.
>>
>>17632619
knuckle bump on this

would you elaborate a bit on this soul lobby? it sounds interesting, maybe i know of it by a different name and we can compare notes. The infinity gates sound cool too. Where do you get this stuff?
>>
File: 1461730771572.jpg (221 KB, 960x643) Image search: [Google]
1461730771572.jpg
221 KB, 960x643
>>17632287
This.

As others have pointed out, the idea isn't Dante's inferno, but a place where people that are already dead are tossed out to. Heaven is internal; so is hell. They are internal states.

Eternal life doesn't mean (necessarily) existing forever. The claim is that men had a quality to them called "life" which they/sin kill. Hell is where those who no longer have this life, and who refuse to accept this life, are placed.
>>
>>17632252
They had Sheol
>>
>>17632287
I'm not sure you are correct sir
>>
>>17632708
Done a lot of travelling, been obsessed with DMT. I've spoken to a lot of people that have taken it and some of their accounts were identical. Up until recently I thought everyone had the same trip but I know documentaries etc. about it have become popular and they seem to say otherwise.

You?
>>
>>17632708
It isn't called 'the soul lobby', it's just the most appropriate thing I could thing of from the way people described it to me.
>>
>>17632149
Someone once told the that

1. If God is Omnipresent (everywhere),

and

2. Hell is a state of separation from God,

then it follows that:

3. Hell is a state of non-existence, or oblivion, much as that (not) experienced before you were born.

In other words, you either get saved and go to Heaven, or your consciousness ceases to exist.

It's very compelling, logically speaking.
>>
>>17632172
>There are true christians, that know the true Christ and the True God. And trust me, they know they are free and loved as they are because they were desired to be this way.
>God does not makes a man desire penises to hate it, but because He wants that man to enjoy himself with penises.

I agree.

Grace of Jesus Christ either covers ALL SINS, or NO SINS AT ALL.
>>
>>17632149
Hel is the state between reward and reincarnation. Christians began calling it purgatory and remade hell into a super scary place.
>>
>>17632614
You physically die, are resurrected unto shame and destruction, and suffer eternal torment on fire forever.

Because that's what you're asking God to do; separate you from Him.

You're going to live forever in one of two places; you get to pick which; it is not a trick question.
>>
>>17632779
God is not a slave to His attributes; that He can be everywhere does not mean that He must be everywhere.

There is nothing of God in Hell. Hell is called the Second Death because it is eternal separation from God, Who is Life.
>>
>>17632731
Sheol means the grave. There are several parts of the OT where it is even referenced as such, and even as a place to look forward to, since you have to go to the grave to go to Heaven.

It was a totally neutral term to them. It depended on how/why you went to Sheol (the grave).
>>
>>17632804
But there is no such thing as reincarnation in the bible. So how can you be reborn over and over when there is no mechanism for it?

Seems to me like you're making stuff up again.
>>
>>17632717
And the 'life' is not exclusive to any religion. It's a natural human state, which religion is supposed to guide you to.
>>
>>17632172
Extreme perversion is destructive though.
>>
File: hilz.jpg (64 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
hilz.jpg
64 KB, 460x259
>>17632779
>Hell is a state of non-existence
Which is the worst possible fate.

Makes sense, I took a fuck load of truffles in Amsterdam the other week and was taken to a place where my thoughts, happiness, desires, and identity were presented to me as psychological constructs. I was overwhelmed by my own mortality and status as a savage animal. There was also an inexorable lack of anything feeling 'divine','spiritual', or even special. I had felt undeniably that God did not exist.

It's difficult to know what the truth is. Whole swathes of society will tell me that I was 'experiencing reality for what it is' and 'the death of my ego'. Another would say nothing was revealed to me, it was a demonic experience catered to rationalize a denial of God. I'm quite lost as of what to think.

Also, during the trip the faceless fleshy head of Hilary Clinton kept smashing into mine out of the darkness, pic related
>>
File: 1460315526476.jpg (11 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1460315526476.jpg
11 KB, 275x275
do the christians in this thread think homosexuals go to hell?
>>
File: shaman_journey_circle.jpg (40 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
shaman_journey_circle.jpg
40 KB, 200x200
>>17632833
He's trying to push the idea of physical resurrection, that you are revived into a physical body for judgement. Not the only interpretation.

>>17632845
Indeed, but there may be a difference in the Bible, between bios/natural life, and zoe/God's life. We lose temporal, bios life but are given Zoe, Jesus's life which is God's own life force, hence the "eternal life" translation.
>>
>>17632906
Loose translation of the only verse that matters:
"Whoever believes in God's son is not condemned. But whoever doesn't believe in God's son is already condemned, because he's chosen to not believe in God's heir."

Homosexuality's no worse than any other sin, and surely has biological causes, as well as psychological ones in others.
>>
>>17632826
Yup. You will die, go to Sheol, await your trial, be found guilty of not being like God, and cast into Gehenna, the Lake of Fire, forever.

Because you're just that fucking stupid, arrogant, and foolish.
>>
>>17632833
You can't even tell the difference between resurrection, the main theme of the bible, and reincarnation.

You're just pathetic.
>>
>>17632845
Life is exclusive to God. He grants, it, He takes it away.

Blessed be the name of God.

>>17632906
Most homosexuals hate and reject God first, and become homosexuals later. I personally have never met a practicing born again Christian homosexual. I doubt one exists, although it is theoretically possible.

Dead people go to hell. Living people go to heaven.

The way to be one of the living is to be born again in the Spirit, and the way to do that is to believe Jesus is Who He says He is, the christ, the Son of the living God.
>>
>>17632907
Daniel 12
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.

There is no viable alternative interpretation; you just have to deny the bible, and God's prophets.
>>
>>17632757
recurring vivid dreams with demons and underworld ventures made me quite curious about many things - i started reading jung and occult stuff, later started practicing meditation and yoga, then got into more western stuff like kabbala and all. but i guess i get stuff mostly from meditation which would count as my obsession. reading books and lucid dreaming are also big things.
hell is definitely a real thing psychologically, and i'm almost inclined to think that it's also "out there", as an earthbound locality the german magicians call "the earth girdle zone", sort of like the aura of earth, which not only envelopes the earth analogically to the magnetic field but also pervades the earth right to it's core, in differing grades of density. i know it sounds silly, and i'm afraid i cannot really explain myself very well with this - it gets a little twisted and weird with mixing themes of theosophical cosmology, personified forces of nature, the earth spirit as satan and whatnot. Not that i think he's a bad guy, far from it
>>
>>17632630
Those verses all go together. They are the verses as they are in the Bible. They are all related and are part of one lesson. You have to be kidding me.

>eye of a needle refers to a hole in the wall in Jerusalem.
That is not Biblical and is an urban legend. No such gate every existed, you are repeating hearsay. The real translation is not camel, but rope. "It is harder for a rope to pass through the eye of a needle."

>just implied criminals are better than rich people.
Where? You added a whole interpretation on top of what is plainly a story about the rich needing to give up their wealth to enter Heaven.

>The third is about leaving behind the comforts of your known life - aka family, fields (wealth) and pursuing spirituality instead.

How is that not related to the rich man? Do you lack critical thinking to put two and two together? Why do you think these verses are together in the Bible? They are literally not cherry picked and one follows after another.
>>
>>17632149
It is literally the stupidest concept ever invented.
>>
>>17632972
I'm not breaking out my study tools to disagree with you on /x/. You know it isn't the only interpretation.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
>>
>>17632296
Kek.
>>
>>17632966
>Most homosexuals hate and reject God first, and become homosexuals later.
Umm I knew I was a mo on the first day of school.
>>
>>17632976
you are pagan?
>>
>>17632976
>"the earth girdle zone", sort of like the aura of earth, which not only envelopes the earth analogically to the magnetic field
elaborate?
you seen the soul lobby?
>>
>>17632149
It doesnt exsist. It was made up by dictatorial cunts who wanted to rule by fear, and bible thumping retards propagated the myth.
>>
File: heaven-and-hell.jpg (610 KB, 1749x1063) Image search: [Google]
heaven-and-hell.jpg
610 KB, 1749x1063
>>17632149
My two cents (then please excuse me as I read the rest of the thread):

The Christian concept of Hell fits two concepts found in Vaishnavism. The first is the idea of Hell being separation from God, a place of "great wailing and gnashing of teeth." This is the entirety of the material world. The soul - choosing the allegorical tree of good/evil (duality, labels, responsibility, impermanence) over the tree of life (eternal knowledge and bliss) - is placed in an area dedicated to fulfilling self-centered desires (teeth gnashing) though uncertain outcomes and the temporary nature of the environment lead to distress (wailing). This Hell is outside of God in that it follows impartial, impersonal laws rather than the direct whim and guidance of God.*

The second concept is that of a punishing realm of fire, which would correspond to certain planets within the material realm. Prabhupada would say just as this planet Earth (a middle planet) has Heavenly areas and Hellish areas - some planets are entirely Heavenly, and some planets are entirely Hellish. Getting to these areas is a matter determined by karma - a system on a completely separate axis from the first concept. So a person can lead a good life or a bad life, and go to a heavenly or hellish place because of it. However this says nothing as to whether the person led a GODLY life; a life conscious of and in service to God.

Existing in a material Heaven or Hell is not eternal, though it can be for a very long time. A soul eventually returns to a middle planet like Earth either down from Heaven as a great person or up from Hell as some animal form. Whether through luxury or through torture, both places are extremely distracting from the task of removing yourself from samsara.
>>
>>17634302
i dunno what that means, but i suppose. The main deities I work with are Shiva, Tara and Ganesha, also the seven classical planets. To me God is absolute, the most hidden of the hidden (Shiva), manifest as the cosmos (Tara), individuated the planetary spirit of Earth (Ganesha). There are tons of analogies one can draw with the trinity, and it doesn't really matter by what name or form you relate to the primal forces of trinity (positive, negative and neuter). I just happen to really like the three aforementioned deities for reasons.

>>17634306
it's a common occult doctrine that there is an astral region surrounding the earth, where tons of "spirits" reside. These can be seen as the zodiac, or the decans, or the individual degrees, depending on how precisely one wishes to draw the lines here and what forces one wishes to contact - it is my understanding that "spirits" in their natural habitat do not take to a human or human-like form, but are often times more like intelligent forces of nature (gravity and how fucking crystals are formed, dawg) that can adopt a human-like form to be communicated with, but so that their "individuality" is highly malleable - the same force could present itself to one as Thor, to another as Jupiter, yet to another as a fierce demon. So i think it's possible to bundle and unbundle these forces together - and many of the forces directly responsible for natural events on earth work locally from within the "earth girdle zone". Franz Bardon and Emil Stejnar have much to say on this. My experience in astral projection slash lucid dreaming is that often times entering the "astral world" instead of just playing around in the everyday world actually means you shoot up really high into the sky - into the "earth girdle zone". But I dunno mayne, it's rather subjective after all, and it could very well be that it's just I've read enough on the subject to subconsciously take it in as a fact and hence interpret the world thusly.
>>
>>17632149
In heaven, or at heaven there equals zero decay.

Nuf said about cosmos = hell.
>>
>>17634306
I don't really know what the soul lobby is. In my world view there is no singular place or state that all "souls" hang around in before and after life, but there is a plethora of different possibilities, depending on how an individual is composed - how much conscious communion one is able to entertain with the spiritual laws that govern existence, basically just how evolved one is in terms of consciousness. But yeah, I've seen a bunch of different astral localities, some of which have been inhabited by what i believe to be spirits of dead people (kama rupa in theosophical jargon - this actually being something different than self-conscious human beings, but still it's the spirits or shades of the dead). The problem with brief posts like this one is that one would necessarily need to define much of the language and terms used in order to really make any sense
>>
Sol is energy, spirit is character.
>>
>>17632876
>Whole swathes of society will tell me that I was 'experiencing reality for what it is' and 'the death of my ego'.

Those types of people will usually also say that what you experienced will allow you to embrace the "liberation" of nihilism, or that now that you're free from religion, you can "create your own meaning" and "live life to the fullest". I fail to see why anyone would be happy at the prospect of a meaningless, deterministic universe where we only exist for a tremendously short time, and even then, we only have about 10-15 good years after childhood before the slow decay of our bodies begins.

Whenever I see people talk about how the lack of an afterlife would make us live life to the fullest or other such nonsense, I can't help but think, "What about people with serious disabilities, disfigurements or other things that prevent them from living a full life?" It's all well and good to be so romantic about atheism when you don't have problems like that, but people with those kinds of problems are simply doomed forever. All they will ever know is misery and incompleteness before their total annihilation.

Now, you might say that leaving religion behind will allow us to focus on making everyone's life on Earth good. Perhaps, but that does nothing for the people who will continue to suffer in the meantime or have suffered in the past. I really can't stand how people who romanticize annihilation after death just want to sweep that under the rug.
>>
Takes substance - motion - force.
>>
>>17634449
>>17634449
So hell for some people isn't necessarily bad because nihilism is comforting, and therefor a meaningless void is equally comforting.
>>
>>17634453
?
>>
Absolute nothingness is perfect, the mastdaduum ov God/god
>>
Now try and stop a transitional line~ to nothingness.
>>
None existence~ how is none existence not perfect... professing te know~ quests.
>>
>>17634347

Why so much Hinduism?

If Shiva is so unknowable how come there are images of him?

>>17634443
>there is a plethora of different possibilities, depending on how an individual is composed

Absolutely, from how it was described to me though the lobby of souls is the beyond, beyond. You might live a hundred lives before ever returning there, and even then it might be for the briefest moments.

The civilization that existed there has left, along with the gods you speak of, and entered the infinity gates. The entities that remain revere the gates as we do death.
>>
>>17634461
>>17634464
>>17634470
this person loves hell
>>
>>17634545
not Bhakta, but from what i reckon he's pretty deep into the gaudiya vaishnava thing - it's "hindu" in the sense that it revolves around Vishnu and especially his incarnation as Krishna. That'd explain the "hindu" terminology.
Shiva is a different ball of wax, then again. Shaiva and vaishna are distinctly different from one another in practically all ways, much like christianity and islam are distinctly different even though they share some mythology.
The images of shiva used within the context of shaivism don't portray a personal god but are rather symbols of different aspects of the unknowable divinity. Then again, there are many cults that worship Shiva as a personal god, too. It's a big world out there
>>
>>17634545
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devachan
http://www.theosophy.wiki/en/Devachan
could this be the same thing?
>>
I'm

>>17632172

Miracles done to prove me wrong: 0

Oh and make sure to do exactly that, trust absolutely, absolutely no one that doesnt prove to come from God with miracles.

I went the jesus way, I did, I have a demon, so I did, I ended up locked up in an insale aslymul several times, suicidal, suffering illness and poverty.

Truly the mark of a "blessed" man.

Guess what happened when I went the other way? I recovered my vivacity and desire to live, I'm healthier, I have more and better material goods.

Well?

As I said, miracles done to prove me wrong in the thread: 0
>>
>>17634775

Let's have a look at history.

Rome persecutes christians.
The inquisition and witch hunts persecute "witches" and "devil worshippers" that do "magic" (miracles) - Notice the date when black death appeared.
Psychiatry still hasn't been proven to have a clinical test that objectively defines who has a "mental illness" all we have is some photographs, and lots of words where "maybe" "could be" "must have" and other "probablys" appear. And those meds are known (search the internet) to make you unhappy, suicidal, anhedonic, etc.

It is still the same persecution of the same christians but merely pretending.

The bible says (and it has been modified to hell and back by those who hate mankind) that the devil hates humans.

Let's see an example:

Serve your enemies, love your enemies, be poor, be dumb, give your money away. Do not make sure if this is actually God, you do not try and test that, it is "sin", humilliate yourself everywhere and die a virgin, be struck painfully by everyone and don't defend yourself and give the other cheek. God is "testing" you, not punishing you for following the wrong path. Pleasure is bad, suffering good. Your sexuality is evil.

So, in short, pleasure is "evil" and suffering "good", anyone able to tell me if these are not the words of a hellish fiend that hates you and takes you for a fool?

When you look for God and the true Christ, you look with faith and skepticism, omnipotence is omnipotence, and a lack of convincing miracles is impotence, and you look from the perspective of freedom, from the one where you are loved and desired as you are. And trust no one (especially not your family) that doesn't prove perfectly that comes from God, you will be able to do miracles yourself when you know it all and all is correct.
>>
>>17634775

>It was a test

Truly God test people for years and years one after another until they "fall" doesn't He?

I tested it well, year after year, no, there is no life there, only pain.
>>
>>17634785

And if you insist on going the jesus way? I'll tell you what happpened to me.

I'm demonized, I have a demon, well, first of all this demon already says that jesus saves, consider what a demon would want.

When I went that way I went to 200+kg weight in a few years lapse, I got sick in several ways, I got pain, I got suffering, I got economic ruin, I would go to "christians" and they would put me into insane asylums, I got suicidal, I wanted to ceased to exist, I became progressively more stupid and dormant and unhealthy as I said, I even desired hell and cancer.

When I went this way I'm saying?

I started getting more healthy, thinner, smarter, more vivace, more astute, I started getting more and BETTER material goods, I started enjoying things again, I started getting sexually aroused again, I started receiving sexual pleasure again.

Where is the curse, where the blessing?
>>
it's fake
>>
>>17632172
suicide exists, so is suicide bad? forsooth no, so kill yourself fool.
>>
>>17634866

As I said, good things are enjoyable things, again, here is the mouth of a liar trying to fool mankind.

I'm going to explain what kind of filthy creatures you're dealing with.

>God makes humans
>These are my sons, serve them, as usual you can use my power to do the serving, so really, no biggie, no suffering, no tiring yourself, no pain.
>No, and we'll kill them and make them suffert and avoid their pleasure and joy.

And look and how he wants me to kill myself.
>>
>>17634895
There are many different types of enjoyment.

>Bg 18.37 — That which in the beginning may be just like poison but at the end is just like nectar and which awakens one to self-realization is said to be happiness in the mode of goodness.
>Bg 18.38 — That happiness which is derived from contact of the senses with their objects and which appears like nectar at first but poison at the end is said to be of the nature of passion.
>Bg 18.39 — And that happiness which is blind to self-realization, which is delusion from beginning to end and which arises from sleep, laziness and illusion is said to be of the nature of ignorance.

And someone truly seeking pleasure would do wise to seek a type that lasts.

>Bg 2.70 — A person who is not disturbed by the incessant flow of desires – that enter like rivers into the ocean, which is ever being filled but is always still – can alone achieve peace, and not the man who strives to satisfy such desires.

>Bg 5.22 — An intelligent person does not take part in the sources of misery, which are due to contact with the material senses. O son of Kuntī, such pleasures have a beginning and an end, and so the wise man does not delight in them.
>Bg 5.23 — Before giving up this present body, if one is able to tolerate the urges of the material senses and check the force of desire and anger, he is well situated and is happy in this world.
>Bg 5.24 — One whose happiness is within, who is active and rejoices within, and whose aim is inward is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme, and ultimately he attains the Supreme.
>>
>>17632588
Your sentence is cancer for the eyes, off yourself
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.