[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meditation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
Tips for meditation and how to start, what to do and what not to do.

anyone has experience?
>>
Just don't fall for the perfectly still meme.
As long as you can clear your mind and keep your breathing even you should be doing fine.
Find an quiet area without any strong odors, and just clear every thought from your mind and breathe.
>>
>>17628408
any type of breathing? or can you recommend me some techniques?

many thanks fellow anon
>>
Just steady, constant breathing. The key to meditation is being as comfortable as possible, a lot of things depend on your personal preference. Just be calm and clear your mind.
>>
>>17628497
i see fellow anon, many thanks for your enlightment
>>
Just dont get dissuaded by the visuals in the beginning. Follow the dark.
With practice you develop a muscle to achieve the state with ease.
>>
>>17628318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LisvhQzzEHk

Chant this for 1.4 hours
weird stuff happens around an hour if not then try something else.
>>
Try the chant: Om mani padme hum
>>
>>17628567
>>17628945
many thanks will try this, is there a recommended time to practice meditation? before bed? after waking up? for one hour? for anytime i want?
>>
File: 1457180141024.png (1 MB, 659x660) Image search: [Google]
1457180141024.png
1 MB, 659x660
Mantak Chia has some wonderful lectures on meditation. Look up his "inner smile" technique (sounds silly but its great)

To help with breath, look up the cosmic circle/loop breathing techniques.

When I began it took me a few times of hour+ meditation to feel my Qi reach around my whole body, looping breath, and a slight tickle on my 3rd eye.
>>
>>17630160
how does Qi feel? and many thanks for you input fellow anon
>>
>>17630211
Pressure, tingling, sometimes a high pitched buzz.
>>
>>17630221
i see many thanks fellow anon
>>
>>17630121
Anytime and often.
>>
The prescribed meditation for this age is chanting the holy names of Krsna incessantly. This is the only way to attain spiritual perfection.

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
>>
Don't work to keep your mind empty. Just take on the observer position and let your thoughts slip by like water in a river. Don't try to stop thinking, just try to be completely aware of your own mind.
>>
>>17630230
many thanks fellow anon.
>>17630236
>>17630240
i will try this as well fellow anons thank you for your input in the manner.
>>
>>17630240
Real meditation has nothing to do with "emptying your mind". It is about developing a connection and relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
>>
When I meditate for long periods, I get a colourful pattern with interlocking circles CEV, expanding and shrinking. Sometimes I lose feeling in my body... not like numbness, though. Just an absence of body parts below my neck. These sensations are intriuging and pleasent-feeling. Ocassionally, I get a very dizzying spinning that can switch directions randomly... Usually, just opening my eyes will stop it entirely.
>>
>>17630254
pick one mantra, you dont want too many mantra's just pick one you like and repeat when ever you get a chance, 5 mins here 5 mins there stick to just one though so it burrows deep into your concious then when you sit for meditation and chant, it carrys more weight
>>
>>17630775
i will choose one, thanks for your guidance fellow anon
>>
>>17628318
There's inaccurate advice in this thread. Meditation is nearly synonymous with seeing, which is not exclusively visual but encompasses interior and exterior seeing. That's why it's okay to have thoughts just as long as you don't buy into them but rather observe them. When you follow through with this process the mind quiets down on its own, though. Meditation is not always comfortable either, and is not stricly meant to. A sign of progress is actually some pain bubbling up. If you can stay with it you'll make good progress.
Good luck!
>>
>>17631323
thank you fellow anon
>>
Just go sit down down somewhere, in a chair, or the lotus position, in a dim lit room, or dark whatever the fuck appeals to you.

Then start concentrating on creating a deep breathing pattern, and do this every day. Also get off 4chan and be aware that no one but yourself can tell you how to meditate.
>>
>>17631350
many thanks for your advice fellow anon, i don't frequent 4chan much anymore, once every couple months.
>>
>asking /x/

You'll just get retarded hippy drivel like "take weed maaan, it's much faster way to enlightenment"
>>
>>17631368
Also try experimenting with different bells/chimes/drums while in a meditative state. Developing your second sight is one thing, don't forget your hearing.

And yes, you can use weed, or mushrooms, cacti, whatever to meditate into the deeper states. However, do take these substances for fool, and they will slowly but surely, sometimes quickly point out the real fool.
Everything in moderation.

>today is king's day in the Netherlands
>fuck that
>staying at home to ingest my shroomy lemon tek and meditate
>>
I've been meditating for a few days now but I'm not sure if I'm making any progress. the first few days I felt a weird sensation and I felt lighter, but it hasn't happened again recently.
>>
>>17631653
It only goes deeper and you won't get shit from a couple days
>>
>>17631385
The only post like that ITT is yours.
>>
Does anyone know if open-eye meditation is less effective and why? I tried it yesterday and it made my vision tunneled so that I could no longer see peripherals and for some reason I saw an orange aura surrounding the electrical outlet directly in my line of sight.
>>
>>17631385
When all the other boards have gone to hell lately, /x/ seems the most reliable these days.
>>
>>17628945
What's the purpose of that chant? Compassion? Concentration?
>>
>>17631866
If your outlet is blue-ish, then the aura was just your eyes forming a negative of the color blue, orange.
>>
>>17628318
https://www.reddit.com/r/Meditation/
>>
>>17632209

And https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut
>>
>>17632209
>>17632238
many thanks for sharing fellow anon
>>
>>17628318
Here is almost everything you need to know.
Watch the first half hour or so.

https://youtu.be/lU7jEMMMvhI
>>
What's thepoint of meditation and why does my mind make up shitty and/or gruesome images at the first minutes?
>>
>>17632934
The first thing you encounter when you meditate is your fears. You need to be brave.
Watch Campbell's video that I posted before, it explains your doubt and a lot more
>>
>>17632948
Bruce Campbell is also into this shit? Damn. Might pay attention to it, then.
>>
>>17628945
It means "Hey look, at the jewel in the lotus"
Jewel also means something worth respecting.

It's a mantra for connecting to the Buddha, or what you''d be like if you let water roll off your leaves.

It's also a way to hear a secret mantra if you are meant to hear it.
>>
I am going to help you, ALOT.

Body still and mind empty is a concept people get wayyy the fuck wrong.

No matter what your braincells are always firing signals and this will defeat the purpose of achieving pure stillness. You'd have to be dead to achive that literally.

When you meditate the real thing to keep in mind, is

>mind awake, body asleep.

To do this you have to be able to simulate to your body that you are falling asleep, Slow deep breathing is key (like how people breath when they sleep, its basically what people are attempting to do when they do their breathing stuffs when they meditate.

Also you have to be comfortable, is your position so unformfortable, that napping in that position is out of the question? Is it cramping up a leg, your feeling alittle strain on your ankle or muscle? Then why the hell are you
wasting your time trying to meditate in that position. You have to convince your body that you are ready to fall asleep. The deeper meditative states simulate deeper states of sleep, your muscles will relax to the point of sleep paralysis. Now some people can meditate standing up or in weird positions, like our yogi or fakhir friends from India, but some people can also fall asleep standing up, so go figure.
Your basic position if a lotus is uncomfortable, and you cant do it properly, should be laying down, on a thin mattress (like a yoga mat!) on your back with a small pillow under your head, or in a chair with good back support.
Next is TIME

What this means is that you have to understand that you arent going to achieve a meditative state through forcing it on with hard deep breathing. The meditative state is more a result of how long you have been in that relaxed position and breathing steadily, to the point your body starts relaxing the same way it automatically does as it falls asleep.

If you move you basically reset the somatic process of falling asleep, any muscle. The most notorious muscle for this is...you got it. EYE Muscles
>>
>>17632185
My outlet is white.
>>
>>17628318
The only thing you need to meditate on is lucid dreaming before bed young one
>>
>>17633158 [pt 2]
That is right, eye muscles contribute to a lot of frustration, and delaying the process of entering any significant level of meditative.

You do need to stay still and you do need to learn tricks how to relax quickly, or how to simulate relaxation, it could be the difference between finally achieving a deep meditative state in an hour or two, or very expediently in 10-15 minutes, although its normal to have to wait 30. If you get very very very good at it, you can do it in 5 or less, but read up on relaxation techniques and practice them ALOT to get to that point.

now not moving your eyes can create strain as you will see they will want to move, breathing deeply, letting your breath rise up in your abdomen and sides like waves, receeding and advancing on a beach will help, especially if you just focus on the rhythm of your breathing.

It really helps to relax your eyes however if right before you actually attempt to progress through meditative states, if you cycle from flexing your face muscles and then relaxing them , close your eyes hard, then relax your eyelids, roll your eyes (IMPORTANT ONE) around in your head, to work out and relax those eye muscles. Before letting breathing in very deeply and hard, before letting your breath escape gently and softly through your nostrils and parted lips. let your tongue relax and breath deeply, think about colors at this point, green, or blue, orange or red or yellow or violet. Or do a body survey (there are many methods to do this, however A very nice one to try is the 61 points exersize that you can find on a website Swamij Look it up on google.)

Remeber to apply a mental discipline like body surveys or imagery,or simply focusing on the rhythm oof your breath.

The next and last protip is dont fall actually fall asleep. remember you want to retain lucidity going through these stages. Lucidity is behind mind expanding insights, inspiration, OBE's, and Lucid dreaming

Mind awake
Body asleep
>>
>>17633333
>>
File: 1461539210428.png (146 KB, 213x253) Image search: [Google]
1461539210428.png
146 KB, 213x253
>>17633333
success
>>
>>17628318
Wim Hof method.
>>
File: 1443970747669.gif (179 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
1443970747669.gif
179 KB, 540x336
>>17633333
cant leave it unchecked, checked!
>>
>>17633132
If you repeat "om mani padme hum" 10,000 times in one sitting you will hear a secret mantra and access a secret level. I'm serious my dad works at a Buddhist monastery
>>
>>17633333
CHECKED, CHECKED, AND FUCKING CHECKED
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.