[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/OMG/ OCCULT MAGICK GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 23
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 196x257
HARE HARE MAHADEV!

So i dont have the links to thots, but since theresno /OMG/ thread, lets start a new one
>>
Havent seen /omg/ in a while. What happened? There used to be one up almost constantly.
>>
File: 1238801569086.jpg (27 KB, 540x417) Image search: [Google]
1238801569086.jpg
27 KB, 540x417
>>
>>17628097
It's called "The end of the semester".
>>
>>17628150
Bleh.

How legit is Chumbley btw? Or rather, how exceptional is his work. I've been thinking of checking out Azoetia and DBoE, and I'd like your input. If I remember correctly you had a thing going on with DBoE some time ago?

When compared to say, the Golden Dawn, how different is his system and approach? How complete is his system?
>>
>>17627876
Also, Aghori, check out the eastern folder; I broke your files up into my folders and have the first four chapters of TANTRALOKA up in English.

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
>>17628162
Equally as complex as Golden Dawn; elaborates on concepts in GD's Inner Order.

I mean, DBoE's fairly complete but I'm only just now starting to make logistic heads or tails of Azoetia; it's essentially the same material just ordered in a different aesthetic - it's really fuckin' complete. A little over halfway through the ritual year, DBoE runs you through a process to contact the "Angel of Wytchblood" which for all intents and purposes is the HGA.

I'm still working DBoE.

To be quite frank, it's meant for a very sweet spot in practice - if I were noobier, it'd be incomprehensible. If I were more attained, I'd not need it at all. DBoE puts into practice some concepts only sorta just dropped in your lap and not elaborated in the A.'.A.'. degrees leading to Adepthood and the GD degrees at and after Tifaret.

I have notes but like I gotta like eat and bolt out the door. Maybe this afternoon.
>>
File: tmp_7171-1340489188-1282131615.jpg (60 KB, 243x315) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7171-1340489188-1282131615.jpg
60 KB, 243x315
>>17627876
>Occult magick
You mean to say without occult no magick?
I love this comedy fest of pseudo occultists.
Please,do divulge this labyrinth of esoteric knowledge upon us lesser beings.
>>
>mfw
>>
Hare hare
>>
Well. I have not done much in the way of occult stuff in a while. I may start again. But I don't think magic can help me get into the best physical shape.
>>
I have a neighbor who's deep into this stuff, he's a clairvoyant/medium too,
It's really cool getting this kind of insight. Bump for interest - where can I learn more?
>>
>>17628183
It's actually not hard. Anyone can research it and if they want, do some form of magic/meditation/etc. I don't think any "pseudo occultist" on /x/ feels the need to treat anyone as lesser. Mainly because we started out like everyone else. We just took a few steps into the obvious direction towards this kind of stuff.
>>
>>17628218
"Not seeing nefarious sarcasm when your eyes are open"
From what I've seen on this board, you people deserve the negative energy you create for yourselves.Now without being a "taint everyone with with the same brush" kind of person,im finding it a little hard not to dislike the entirety of /x/. (with the exception of the beautiful women posted in the {faces of /x/} thread.As far as your/yalls magical prowess goes i find it rather sardonic and sinewy.
Let me elaborate,i think the vaste majority of /x/ users are mindless fuckwits. Further more do enforce your negative energies my way if you feel your ego's need inflating.
I'll deflate that energy faster than you can say "wow, ive bitten off more than i can chew".
May you be blessed anon, may you make the right choice for your own self preservation right here right now.
>>
http://youtu.be/k1LTRSkAkAw
>>
File: 203573270.jpg (45 KB, 680x511) Image search: [Google]
203573270.jpg
45 KB, 680x511
>>17628232
>>17628256
>>
Practitioner Thread >>>17628220
>>
The only note worthy thing Aleister Crowley said was "not a magical bone in he's body" i think he was was referring to himself and his followers.
Goetia was the fisher price book for neophytes.
Pussy willow, a tree for every wannabe.
/x/ users still have hope apparently
>lel
>>
>>17628288
This faggot, claiming to have some sort of power over he's penis.
Fucking lel.
You people, really make me vomit.
>>
>>17628300
>really make me vomit
The feelings mutual dear anon.
>>
>>17628301
Step up the program Mr Adept of wankerism.
>>
Tah dah!!! /x/'s adepts are ....wait for it.... Full of shit. That's right folks...forget magick... These guys deal in bullshit.
I'm pretty fly for a Nigerian guy...
>>
>>17628288
This guys exceptional at wanking,guess that makes him a "practioner"
>>
>>17628183
Ape here; I don't think anyone here's lesser.

>>17628207
^Except the fucking Vaishnava.

>>17628285
Huh?

>>17628298
Would you start making sense? Can you make a valid ethnohistorical critique of Thelema's trajectories? Phenomenological? Can you undermine the metaphysics, let alone explain them to me?

>>17628312
I invite you to take a thumb through my library, posted here (>>17628163) and if there's anything you'd like to discuss I'll be around for maybe a half hour or so.
>>
I wouldn't shit on you if it ment preventing your death.
Got a problem with that,crowley sycophant?
I really do admire the overt stage like production of you having any wisdom. I'm sure you impressed your lil /x/ buddies
>>
Oh,,,, top kek lil buddies for doing the "herp derp don't like what hes saying, ban him"
Shemales much
>>
>>17628163
Ill check that out as soon as i can. Nice to see my collection got in handy.

>>17628183
Youre obviously fucking retarded.

>>17628339
Is the fact he was a drug addict of any value in undermining his work? What about the fact that this could have affected his perception, or induce psychosis?

Also in general, why do drugs and magic go hand in hand so much? Lately ive met a person who uses amphetamine to wank and charge sigils with his boosted energy. It was hard not to kek in his face.
>>
>>17628339
Lost for words? Or are you choking on an unusual amount of shit projecting from your mouth/fingers? I thought that would be the norm for you.
Wanna back yourself with the O.T.O? LIL POOFTER?
>>
>>17628232
I don't know what you're going on about. But ok.
>>
>>17628357
Yup, looks delicious senpai
>>
>>17628372
It's ok. I'm enjoying it. Ahhhh I missed /x/.
>>
>>17628369
Did you forget your meds honey? Momma will bring them home once she comes back from work im sure. For now just go back to doing your homework untill she comes back, okie dokie cutie?
>>
>>17628377
Well youre obviously retarded, if you dont get why hes obviously fucking retarded
>>
>>17628385
No senpai, i take my estrogen every day. Im very feminine. Wanna see my boi pucci??
>>
>>17628368
>Is the fact he was a drug addict of any value in undermining his work? What about the fact that this could have affected his perception, or induce psychosis?
At least that's some effort in criticism; I don't think it's an issue given that when AC was prescribed diacetylmorphine, physical addiction hadn't even been discovered yet in the medical sense. It was marketed as nonaddictive. Dozens of others of equal intellect also got hooked at the time rather unwittingly.

His habit didn't seem to inhibit his capacity for critical thought; see the margin notes in his comments on Liber 333 w/r/t logic.

I see little evidence that whatever issues he had could be characterized as psychotic in any capacity.

He seems, to my eye, not psychotic or narcissistic or dissociative; but rather mildly bipolar with hypomania. Explains addiction, explains variable productivity, explains how he dealt with money, explains a lot, really.
>>
>>17628397
>he was perscribed
>addiction not doscovered
That doesnt mean addiction didnt exist.

In any event AC wasnt that bad, but most people who follow OTO or related orders are extremely butthurt about him being quasigodlike
>>
>>17628403
No I agree entirely.

I've stated many rejections of Crowleyanity; if you're still thinking of emulating someone and calling yourself a Thelemite, something's fucky.
>>
File: full-moone.jpg (21 KB, 662x407) Image search: [Google]
full-moone.jpg
21 KB, 662x407
>>17628213
>I don't think magic can help me get into the best physical shape

It depends on what you mean by that. If you want to get fit, you need to actually work out.

If you're talking about physical enhancement however, it's very much possible with magic.

Yes I'm talking about - that - kind of magic.
>>
>>17628446
That magick practically doesnt exist/isnt available to the public. Those things happen in dreams and infront of the eyes of a very select few.

Good luck.
>>
>>17628446
Well I do work out daily.

But i'm not sure what "that" that you are talking about is, sadly.
>>
>>17628447
>magick practically doesnt exist/isnt available to the public

Yeah it does. It's offered now and then even on /x/. But mostly the replies are of the

>kys you faggot magic dont real

type.

That is no reason to not offer it tho, some people do get what is going on and understand its value when they see it.

Then you can of course interpret "public" in different ways. Its free for anyone to contact the relevant people telepathically and make a deal. Its a 24/7 possibility but if you dont consider it real...
>>
>>17628462
Theres a little word before magick that you decided not to cite. Its "That". That KIND of magick isnt offered to the public. Magick that would have effects visible pr effects breaking laws of physics.
>>
>>17628459

It currently takes a very specific mindset for this to work. OR, you could make your own version by adapting what others did before, but if you need to ask, youre not ready.

You see, there are only so many ways to do this, and once you reach a certain skill level you will see what those paths are. Telling someone at once is useless because if you dont understand it you cant accept it.

Once you know what is possible youll naturally ask the right questions and thats when you get replies. I'm not the one to spread this now, all I can do is hint.
>>
>>17628472
>all i can do is hint
>all i can do ishint
>All i can do i shint
>All i can do is shit
>All i can do is shitpost
shitpost, you meant you can shitpost. Clever code for shitpost though ;) ;)
>>
>>17628469

It was just a sloppy quote. By "that" I meant the magick that will give you a good physical condition.

It's not exactly breaking laws of physics or throwing fireballs from your hands. For someone to get rid of an illness or ailment they had for a long time, can still be seen as a supernatural occurance when nothing else has helped. The instant effect itself is enough.

But as for it being "for the public" in a business like manner, no, thats not possible. You still need to have the right mindset even as a receiver of a spell, and most people are not like this.

If youre pleb tier you dont get to benefit from it.
>>
>>17628476

It needs to be at that level here. I'm not the one making these decisions. If something could be spread and told it would be because of a collective acceptance and a political situation that allows it.
>>
>>17628477
So essentially, you have a superiority complex and need to establish that youre not plebtier and have that knowledge, and everyone else isnt because theyre plebs and "not ready"?
Nice
>>
>>17628484

If you dont understand why magick is only available to an elite, you just confirm that its right to not let you have it.

Should everyone be allowed to have their own nukes?
>>
>>17628484

Not really. They could also be telling the truth.
>>
>>17628469
"breaking laws of physics"?

occultists should be forced to study the hard sciences so retarded statements like that can be avoided
>>
>>17628505

There's less hidden than too many seem to imagine. Most of the important stuff is hidden in plain sight.
>>
>>17628506
>>17628505
You both relize that im just trying to start a shitstorm? The very traditions i follow are strictly secretive. Truth is, most of the things are hidden far from plain sight.
>>
>>17628521

I don't take myself or anyone else seriously on 4chan. You're free to pretend anything you like.
>>
File: 1460119837894.jpg (1 MB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
1460119837894.jpg
1 MB, 1448x2048
Bump.
>>
>>17628514
>>17628521

Hidden or not hidden, it's not like anyone is stopping you from learning telepathy and other things needed to access it.

A mountain top is not hidden, everyone may see it daily, but how many people will climb it?

Some people may spend their entire life going thru an occult library and making very little progress. For newcomers they still look learned, but in reality it may not be very deep at all.
>>
>>17628535

Yep.

With discipline and effort, you can develop 'super' powers and experience 'occult' phenomena.
>>
>>17628535
Its very hidden, but its easy to acces the beginning and start climbing ip the ladder. Doesnt change the fact that the information os hidden and unavailable (telepathy wont work btw)

>>17628525
Kek i know it sounded important but it isnt. I was talkig about tobetan buddhism, drikung kagyu to be exact. Its easy to join and start but then you have to spend alot of time to get to the more interesting bits.
>>
>>17628544
>telepathy wont work

Not in itself. That's like saying a phone wont tell you stuff. Its a tool that you will need, but nothing more than that.
>>
>>17628555
Who would you contact? Well exactly, the point is it would be useless as you dont know who hold the information.
>>
>>17628544
How does one start?
Is the lesser key of Solomon a good place to start?
>>
>>17628561
As good as any.
>>
>>17628561

Probably not.

Google, "Liber O". Should be at hermetic.com.
>>
>>17628559

You can start by talking to just any spirit. Sooner or later you will find out how things are organized and you can move up.

But I agree, the beginning stage is tricky. Youre out in the cold and noone cares about you. It may seem like you never get anywhere, even if you talk to everyone and read all books, its just the same info being repeated.

The group of people who know things that are useful to you personally are probably few, and will not be available until you reach a critical mass of knowledge where you somehow challenge someone's position.
>>
>>17628566
>>17628571
>as good as any
>probably not

Hmm...don't know who to listen to but I guess I'll check both of them out and see where it gets me.
Thanks for the help,anons.
>>
>>17628462
>Yeah it does. It's offered now and then even on /x/. But mostly the replies are of the
Nigger please. You fuckers don't actually know shit about magic.
>>
>>17628586

Nice contribution anon.
>>
>>17628578
Depends where you are and where you're going.
If you're dead new, go Liber O for basics.
If you've been around the block a couple times, start in with Lemegeton.
>>
>>17628635
I'm completely new and I'm already reading Liber O,seem pretty interesting so far. It's definitely what I was looking for.
Thanks for the help.
>>
"I'll ban people because im reality I'm just another fucking charlatan on the web"
Only dif between /x/ and the statement above ie that you're charlatans,racists and pedophiles.
Funny shit if it wasn't true.
Do hex me with the ban button poofters.
As lame as LaGay and Crowmeow
>>
File: 1460843020805.png (267 KB, 619x288) Image search: [Google]
1460843020805.png
267 KB, 619x288
>>17628747
I dunno why you're so upset, friendo.
>>
>>17627876

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy1X9vEzB8c
>>
>>17628729
You're so new you stink of ignorance and /x/.
You'll fit right in with these charlatans.
>>
>>17628756
I claim to have no specialized knowledge aside from what's in the library and what I got my degree in.

Y'all gonna have to cut your own way through the jungle like the rest of us.
>>
>>17628753
Just enjoying a beer and a smoke actually fuckface. Got an issue with that?
>>
>>17628765
None at all.
Should I?

I'm just curious about what would motivate a dude to FUNpost this hard. If the thread and resources are shit, by all means, offer better.
>>
>>17628764
You claim to have no special knowledge,no fucking shit dick tracy.
Unless ofcourse sucking shit from peoples arseholes was a skill, that which you're an adept at.
>>
>>17628772
"Offer better" and of what purpose is it to waste knowledge on ingrates?
Can you please unfuck yourself? I ask kindly first.
>>
>>17628774
Seems like quite the anal fixation you've got there. Maybe you should get some help loosening your more constrained orifices. Since you seem to be under the impression I'm an Adept at this, I'd be more than happy to initiate you to the 11th bby ;)
>>
>>17628774
>>>/b/
>>
>>17628777
So the only reason you're here is to whine and complain and call names?

Sounds p. reasonable, actually. I wish you the best. (For four years I've been hosting /omg/ and we've endured way worse than you not liking it).
>>
>>17628784
Iam of all things benign and sexual.Are you angered that iam at one with sexuality whilst you hide from it due to your nefarious sexual activities? You didn't reply in the other thread when i exposed you for what you really are.
Maybe you should enlighten your audience as to exactly what it is that you actually are :)
>>
>>17628784
>>17628789
>>17628792
Angry people with little egos
Very amusing,i really like the part where you feign intelligence.
>>
>>17628756
Well...I'm morbidly curious.
Believing in things that may or may not exist is part of being human after all.
I'm an open minded person,I like to view things from different angles and find out for myself what the real truth is.
>>
>>17628814
What pray tell?????
>>
>>17628798
?

>>17628814
Curiosity is an asset; don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

See how far it takes you; for some folks it's pretty dang far. Others, not so much.
>>
>>17628822
Yes you would be lost in even the most mediocre of environments that required you to use that "thing" you claim as a brain.
>>
Did i just miss a shitstorm? Fuck
>>
>>17628832
Nah, just one of our usual shitposters.
>>
>>17628836
Said the shit posting charlatan.
This place is like reverse New Orleans,instead people hex themselves
>>
>>17628820
Hmm?

>>17628822
Alright then.

>See how far it takes you; for some folks it's pretty dang far. Others, not so much.

OK! I'll do my best.
It seems like a long journey for me to be honest,but hopefully all will go well.
Thanks for guiding me,Thoth.
>>
>>17628853
You can hum all ya want faggot, you're still a fake assed bitch.
>>
>>17628852
And can you explain to me how assembling a 30+ gig library of 5k texts including rare academic materials is "shitposting"?

>>17628853
I'm not your guide, m8.

Like you said, you gotta cut your own way through the jungle, all I can do is hand you a machete and tell you the jungle exists.

I don't know what path will route you to the other side.
>>
>>17628858
"i collect things therefore iam"
Great theory fuckwit, clearly it's an advantage point in your life.
>>
>>17627876
How's the householder search going?
>>
>>17628860
end yourself.
>>
>>17628860
You still haven't explained to me how assembling an on-topic resource library is shitposting.

And yes, an eye for collecting, archiving, and curation does actually help in a museum/special collections environment.
>>
>>17628862
Exhausting.
>>
Very relevant.

http://www.purebhakti.com/resources/ebooks-a-magazines-mainmenu-63/bhakti-books/english/28-siva-tattva.html?path=bhakti-books/english
>>
>>17628864
Hahahahaha that's so fucking funny really... Because you cannot end me, so you vent your frustration like an infant wanting a breast to suckle.
>>
>>17628858
>>17628865

give library.
>>
File: TrikaMandala.jpg (465 KB, 1489x2558) Image search: [Google]
TrikaMandala.jpg
465 KB, 1489x2558
>>17628871
I only accept two trinities and one of them's Para, Parapara, and Apara.

As for the other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpKachYTr-4
>>
>>17628872
>hahahahaha

My gods...you're like the internet Joffrey Lannister.
>>
>>17628857
>>17628860
>>17628862

Chill dude.
Stop getting angry at everyone for no logical reason.
If you've got nothing better to do other that shitpost on the internet,I advice you to leave us alone and do something productive for once in your life.
>>
>>17628865
Diversion tactics much? Faggot i dont care what you do in life period. This collection of dildos you speak of has zero relevance to me.
You shit post, that was the original convo. You're also a racist pedophile,yet another topic you ran away from in another thread.
>>
>>17628874
see
>>17628163

>>17628878
>George R. R. Martin
>>
>>17628882
>>17628862
Chill bro, my question was relevant.
>>
>>17628875
According to Srimad Bhagavatam, Shiva actually worships Vishnu in the Tamasic form of Shesha Naga (the primordial serpent). At the time of dissolution Shesha telepathically instructs the Bhairavas to destroy the material universe.
>>
>>17628882
That's two people you're posting at. And i for one care nothing of your generic "chill dude" faggotry.
>>
File: 8xkpmHQ.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
8xkpmHQ.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
>>17628887
>racist pedophile
Proofs?

>>17628895
>According to Srimad Bhagavatam
According to the Tantraloka the only thing that Shiva worships is Shiva.
>>
>>17628902
Our scriptures are much older. From a Vedic perspective Shaivism is a relatively new religion.
>>
File: img_3704.jpg (232 KB, 1175x1155) Image search: [Google]
img_3704.jpg
232 KB, 1175x1155
>>17628908
Cool.
I give zero fucks.
>>
>>17628887
>You're also a racist pedophile

shut up you islamophobe
>>
>>17628915
Why are you averse to a genuine spiritual tradition that spans thousands of years? Your bias really isn't justified
>>
>>17628902
If i actually gave a fuck I'd have cap'd the thread in which you used racsim and pedophilia as a comeback.
You have to live with yourself,that shits all your own.
You can circle jerk your "good guy" euphemisms to your /x/ boyfriends but your only covering tracks.
Have fun with it
>>
>>17628927

The thread is archived in 4plebs if it exists. Link pls or gtfo
>>
>>17628917
Seriously, guys?

>>17628921
I'm not? I don't like being evangelized at, no matter who does it. I have my tastes, you have yours, and if you'll extend the courtesy of not attempting to divest me of them I'll return the favor.

>>17628927
See >>17628915
>>
>>17628917
Hey here's an excellent idea,shut your cock hole until i actually ask you something.
Good girl
>>
File: 1460742265960.jpg (526 KB, 1000x587) Image search: [Google]
1460742265960.jpg
526 KB, 1000x587
>>17628934
Only one thing can ass-uage the scale of this man's rectal discomfort. Pic related.
>>
>>17628934

Heres another idea... how about you either contribute with something or leave. Noone asked for you shitting up the thread with strawman attacks, or do you want to experience some real magick?
>>
>>17628894
Yeah I know.
Sorry,I was going to use your post as an example as to why this guy is being illogical and a faggot. Getting mad at random people for no reason.

>>17628862

>How's the householder search going?

He just asked a simple question and then this anon replies with this >>17628864

Why is he so pissed?
What did anyone do to him?
Is something wrong with this guy?
He's just being a faggot,a simple rebel fighting without a cause.
>>
>>17628954
>what's wrong with this guy

It really doesn't matter. If we ignore him, he'll go away after a brief period of intense autism.
>>
>>17628938
>>17628942
How bout you two actually go and do some real magic,not circle jerk on /x/ and "pretend" .

Funny how i can speak to Santeros, Paleros ,Mayomberos online elsewhere and never endure the blatant arrogance and racism ive endured here.
>>
And to the idiot who told me to "end myself" many blessings to you.
>>
>>17628977
But I like Palo and straight Yoruba religious systems, actually, Palochan drops in from time to time. Think I present some chunks of Yoruba in my folder and Palochan's vetted some of my Afro-Carib material.

Why'd you not mentioned them before if it's something you'd like to discuss?
>>
>>17627876

Thanks for creating this, Missed /omg/

Heres the library.
>>
>>17628977

I'm not even a racist, and if you think me telling someone that magick cant be for everyone is arrogant, then you just need to do a reality check.

Do you also think everyone should be allowed to be professional NHL players or whatever? For anything skill based there will be an elite and there will be plebs who cant do it.

Your attitude here is bad enough for me to label you pleb already.
>>
>>17628977
>go and do some real magic,not circle jerk on /x/ and "pretend"

Im here for recruitment purposes. Lets just say youre not the kind of person Im looking for...
>>
>>17627876
how do I stop getting bald and grow back my hair?
I'm only 21 please science had failed there is no cure
>>
>>17629218

Baldness is not a sign of aging, some people have it in their genes. Get used to, it's not bad to be bald.
>>
>>17629229
please isn't their any magic that can help?
you don't know how painful it is to lose something so important to your general looks and vibe you project.
>>
File: 23102011-_dsc4273.jpg (24 KB, 732x360) Image search: [Google]
23102011-_dsc4273.jpg
24 KB, 732x360
>>17629318

It's not a problem, you can literally lead a country with no hair.
>>
Can we uh

Maybe get back to the topic at hand? May all beings be free from suffering. I take refuge in the jewel tree. I ask that the mentor within all beings and non beings be shown to all. May infinite blessings be shown and experienced to all beings and non beings. May we have the guidance and protection as we travel within and without the world. May all beings become full and wholesome. Bless to all.
>>
>>17629405
Nice.

Forgot your Guru Puja/Sadhana but otherwise nice.
>>
I checked the mega, did I miss a cope of Regardie's lazy man's guide to relaxation?
>>
>>17629431

Could you explain what you mean?
>>
>>17628867
Starting to seem pointless tbqhfam
>>
What metaphysical systems do you wizards of /x/ subscribe to? Even if you don't much care about metaphysics, surely you have some wild quesses as to whats going on behind the curtains.
>>
>>17631134
All of it? That's a tall order. I can give you some brief notations as my opinions are in an almost constant state of flux.

First of all, my worldview is incredibly atomist and mundane compared to most of /x/. I buy the validity of skepticism, rationalism, sometimes empiricism in limited capacities, but stop short of positivism (read: I'm an instrumentalist, hence the flux. I have ideological commitment to...very little).

As an extension of this, I think phenomenology goes farther than most give credit for; it's really one of the bases of observation and once we start going postivist things get abstracted, usually too hard.

I do not buy into "other dimensions" other than spatial vectors which, in the vast majority of cases, is probably not populated with intellects. I do, however, buy into a concept of...let's call them spiritual aethyrs. I do think there's a force, which most would call supernatural, that modern observation brushes aside or gives few shits about in general. I'm even reluctant to call it a force as it does not seem to behave like energy in a physics sense. I feel the cosmological argument is really fuckin' strong compared to what positivism has offered ("Just give me ONE, ONE SINGLE free miracle, and I can predict everything from the next moment to the crack of doom").

I believe there was once one thing fractured into many things: See Saivism and the first couple chapters of Crowley's Book of Lies. I feel that this is the aforementioned spiritual force, which is indeed degrading, hence the crystallization of form into stuff - I feel this force behaves rather similarly to inflationary forces. I feel that One is as incomprehensible and alien as the myriad of many it became; hence I'm a nondualist. I feel that consciousness, at a base level though likely not intellectual, is transpersonal and possibly even a pervading field, though I should mention I reject Copenhagen Mechanics in favor of LQG and Bohmian Mechanics.
>>
>>17631134
Stuff reacts to you, based on how you have been conditioned to react to it. Plain and simple, in my opinion at least.
>>
File: 1459627672924.jpg (75 KB, 566x707) Image search: [Google]
1459627672924.jpg
75 KB, 566x707
>>17631595
>favor of LQG and Bohmian Mechanics.
In that rough order of preference. I think both are hinting at the same concepts, which is minimal resolution of reality and how this interacts with matter and space. I think that both are pointing toward a return to luminiferous aether type concepts, but will probably not return to that name (c'mon, you're telling me a minimal resolution that interacts with the conveyance of particles isn't a field of light conveyance? Even relativity has the concept that if you hit reality hard enough it breaks like glass, hence the LHC).

I also buy into weak/limited forms of free will like Dennet does; determinism gives us instants of multivariant choice: habit and access dictates which groceries I buy but when my cabinet's full I challenge anyone to tell me I have no intellectual choice in what I WANT to eat. Determinism is the factor of constraint rather than full blown inhibition.

I buy that there's an underlying spiritual nature in entities of high consciousness; though whether I buy into a triune split of body/spirit/soul is up for grabs, I dunno if I agree with Ralph Abraham on that'n. If spirit exists as a medium of interaction between body and soul I feel it's deeply tied to either consciousness or the spiritual force; perhaps both as a consequence of the other, hence why it would appear to, on the surface, have some properties of energy in physics but not others.

Anyway I'm not a physicist or mathematician or even really a philosopher: I can visualize high math concepts but my skills on paper peter out after the deep end of statistical calculus. Most of this is informed by discussion with people who are involved in physics or my own observations based on contemplative practice.

Take that for what it's worth (which is not much).
>>
File: delibird.png (53 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
delibird.png
53 KB, 250x250
The human foreskin contains tens of thousands of nerve endings, hormone receptors, and other more subtle systems whose functions are instrumental to the use of magick.

If you've been studying the occult with due diligence for over a year, followed the instructions perfectly, and are wondering why you haven't made any progress, check your pants; that's probably why. Most American boys are circumcised from birth. You can't harness the power of magick with a broken wand.
>>
>>17631595
>>17631613

These are pretty good. Like any belief, positivism is a tool and sometimes a useful one.

I like your interpretation of free will. It's rather like bounded chaos.

Philosophy is never my strong suit. I get a few paragraphs in and either my brain checks out or starts screaming for evidence that any of this horseshit is relates substantially to the real world.
>>
>>17631641

Nice try, delibird. I don't know why it took you so long.
>>
What would be a good starting system for the occult? I really only do basic sigil work now.
>>
>>17631790

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib6.html
>>
>>17631790
Curious to hear what results you've had with sigils.

I fractured my ankle four weeks after discovering magick and building an intention to get time off work. Did not complete the sigilisation, but was focusing strongly on not going to work for a few weeks, and to quit my job at end of June. Seven weeks later my boss called and said she's closing down the business in end of June.

Would like anecdotes from someone else who's new to this.
>>
>>17631790

I'd recommend Zhuan Falun by Li Hongzhi.

Not really occult in the traditional manner, it's a qi gong book, but it's really well written and touches on a lot of subjects that overlap between east and west.

http://en.falundafa.org/falun-dafa-books.html
>>
>>17631915

I remember your story from before.

That's kinda typical. If you dont specify that you want a positive outcome these things are likely to happen.

I could easily do a love spell but I'm sure it would end up really bad. You can make 2 people fall in love and stay together but you cant make them not fight and in the end they may be completely miserable while still in love. It would be like a drug, hating each other and unable to break up because they still love each other.

You have to do a lot of research in the surrounding situation before you attempt anything at all, is my experience.

If something can be misinterpreted it will be, is a good rule to go by.
>>
>>17631957
Yes, I haven't attempted to do any more reckless work, and bide my time with reading and preperation before venturing into creating big change. The downside to this is that I experience a lot of fatigue. It might be due to not being physically active, but it's starting to get in the way of my career and social life.

Anyway, enough about me. I got a question about language. Are there benefits to using E-Prime in my work? For clarity.
>>
>>17632014

I dont think using external devices are going to work. You need to base what you do in your own world of concepts.

What you say will be interpreted from your subjective view. When something is done, it will be done by someone, something. The matter that makes it work is conscious, and you need to make "it" understand you.

If you're familiar with programming in BASIC you get the idea. You have to specify exactly everything.

But if you have the context clear in full view, it can be enough to use just a few words.

Like if I say "my bedroom must be safe", I dont have to say where it is located or what "safe" means, if I know what kind of safety I'm referring to. Your thinking is half the deal.

If that sentence was used however, you may trip and fall the moment you set foot outside of the bedroom. So you need to be catious about loopholes and make sure you include every aspect. Someone is likely to try and rip you off no matter what you do.
>>
>>17632045
Thanks for that. Yeah, I get the idea. What you wrote about love spells reminds me of something Alan Watts said about willing a romantic relationship into being: You need to remember that there's a mother-in-law that comes with the deal, so you better be clear about what you wish for.
>>
When building one's own invocations, what method do you guys usually use?

I've begun writing my own recently, instead of just going impromptu-- would appreciate constructive criticism. This is a ritual I performed a few nights ago.

http://pastebin.com/H9iRgxpX

Just sort of working through the dark here, based on books I've read and such-- especially the Greek Magical Papyri.
>>
>>17628798
Are you the reason he occult magic(k) general is gone? What happened? What did you exposed thot of being? Also, I quoted the wrong anon, will delete as soon as it lets me.
>>
>>17632160

I do a lot of research and pre-work, until I know exactly where I am and where I want to be, or what I'm dealing with and how I want to change it.

Then I construct a sigil that has all the parts needed to represent the situation I want to achieve. Usually a combination of straight lines that will represent different aspects of my surroundings. The strong focus and intent is what makes it work.

I then go outside and draw the sigil on the ground, as if doing calligraphy.

The act of drawing is the most important, I treat it as a performance, meant to communicate what I want to do to the relevant powers or entities. Once I finish drawing I wait a few moments for the feedback effect. I can feel this in my mind, like something clicked into place. Then I erase the sigil at once and go back home.

I only draw the sigil this one time, never during the creation, this I do only as a visualization. After using the sigil I consider its power to have been implemented and the sigil is not useful again, so I then dont think about it again.
>>
>>17627876
What does this Hindu god have to do with the Occult? Shit makes no sense to me.
>>
>>17631613
What did I say about taking stances on math/physics you don't understand?

Tho I like Bohm

You ain't used the B account, famalam
>>
>>17632378
Gods from all pantheons have much to do with occult - from an occult perspective. Shiva especially, as the ultimate dude, the king of yogis and stoners, is pretty occult. Also he's (from my POV) de facto occult, hidden from view, as he equals symbolically to what Kether or even Ain Sof represents in modern quabbalah. Bom bom bholenath
>>
>>17632378
Ever heard of Tantra?

>>17632484
The good news is that an instrumentalist, I, again, have zero commitment to any given model, also, I'm not going to stop engaging with cosmology just because I'm not a trained cosmophysicist. It's a public enterprise for a reason.
>>
>>17632329
Thanks for the reply, but I'm very familiar with sigil magick. I'm more referring to verbal evocation/invocation
>>
>>17631613
thanks for the picture! i was just reading a paper earlier today, that compared the speculative natures of kabbalistic and tantric practice. It was so richly packed with info i got tired halfway through, and seeing this pic really helps in trying to sort out the tattvas. Honestly though, I find the western system of categories more sensible than indian tattvas; the tree of life is really quite beautiful, and it is splendid from a tantric point of view also, as it neatly and conveniently also houses at least the deities i work with.

Anyone here studied the Gra tree of life? I came up with something very similar myself when I was going through a phase of spiritually inspired borderline psychosis - all i did for about six months was meditate, chant, cry like a baby and construct a self-made tree of life. Anyways, the Gra tree is philosophically much more coherent than the popular golden dawn-one (i think it's their doing, right?), but I'm yet to really study it in depth.
>>
>>17632518
I tend towards instrumentalism too.

>It's a public enterprise for a reason.
It's not and shouldn't be
>>
>>17632535
As in, it's a private enterprise?

>Science and religion are on the other hand public.
Am I on the right track?
>>
>>17627876
Shiva isn't okkvlt majic, you degenerate nigger
>>
>>17632535
That's an interesting opinion; you advocate for the current paywall to most research or simply that some discoveries may become state secrets and need sponsored?

As an academic I have a real hard time buying that the research we produce should be behind a paywall so huge that we who produce it cannot afford to climb it.

If, on the other hand, you mean limiting science """journalism""" I agree, but I do appreciate the fact I can go pull up a Princeton lecture on LQG when I please and would feel consternation at being deprived of that joy.

>>17632524
I got a paper in the Thelema>Philosophy folder called "Speculation in Tantra and Kabbalah" that covers like modes and implications of contemplative inquiry, great paper, if that's not what you read I recommend it highly.
>>
>>17632583
i think that's just what I was reading. I'll probably finish it tomorrow - only read the first part of kabbala, not yet of tantra. Shit seems really legit even if a bit heavy and really rich in info.
Could you maybe recommend other material that bridges together tantra and kabbala?
>>
>>17632598
Kabbalistic Mirror of Genesis.
Blazing Dew of Stars.
Paratrishikavivarana is a core Kaula text on linguistics that approaches some Kabbalistic modes of thought.
>>
>>17632575
>>17632583
I thought it was obvious I wasn't being literal when I said "public".

I should rather say that it's an elitist activity. Math-based fields are unique in this way. I could as an educated layman, for example, read an academic archaeology book and be reasonably able to discuss it productively.

But, if I'm an educated layman who doesn't have the requisite math background I won't be able to understand math, physics, etc results. At all.
>>
Occult magic friends

What do you think about Evola's book on magic? Is it legit? Have you tried any of the exercises?
>>
>>17632605
>I could as an educated layman, for example, read an academic archaeology book and be reasonably able to discuss it productively.
Um, not to doubt your intellectual prowess but as a dude with an undergrad in that particular discipline, kekno. Same with bioanth.

Anthrolinguistics or enthnography? Yeah, totally, no argument here, but those two previous require time in the field and specialization(s).

I'd be interested to see how far I could take my math skills given unlimited income and free-time, but ain't nobody paying my bills to become Ramanujan over here.
>>
how do i tell if im cursed? and if i am how do i get rid of it?
>>
>>17632624
>Um, not to doubt your intellectual prowess but as a dude with an undergrad in that particular discipline, kekno. Same with bioanth.
Yes I chose that example for that reason.

Without getting into arguments about any particular non-math-based fields, my point remains. Math is indispensable for understanding science, technology, etc. It's a necessary but not sufficient condition.

It's completely impossible to understand science without math.

>I'd be interested to see how far I could take my math skills given unlimited income and free-time, but ain't nobody paying my bills to become Ramanujan over here.
Yes, it's public in this sense but the number of people able to do this on their own is negligible. Your available resources dwarf Ramanujan's.

The interesting question to me is: knowing this, how should mathematicians and scientists communicate to the public? Pop sci is cute and fun sometimes but almost always misleading and therefore harmful, imo. It seems to me that constant admonishment that understanding math is necessary to understand science is needed. Else you end up with euphoric lebbitors who "love science" but couldn't solve a differential equation or prove a theorem to save their lives.
>>
>>17632631

If you can't tell for sure because you lack the ability, there's little chance you could undo it yourself either.

I suggest seeking help at a church or similar.
>>
>>17632652
>It seems to me that constant admonishment that understanding math is necessary to understand science is needed. Else you end up with euphoric lebbitors who "love science" but couldn't solve a differential equation or prove a theorem to save their lives.
It's a hard problem, especially considering how lacking in basic math skills my country is. I agree with the push toward education, and something of a gag on popsci, ijs, if my journal proxy stopped working tomorrow because somebody decided those results need further redacted from the folks that produce them, I'd be p. buttmad. On the other hand, at some level I feel that an open journal system would probably be heavily degraded by further popsci ""reporting"".

Like, real actual journalistic responsibility and ethics may be another route to solution but at that point I'm howling into the void.
>>
>>17632671
It would be amusing to be if there were a law in the future preventing popsci journalism. I don't really care though. I'll continue rage reading popsci and pop sci philosophy posts on lebbit

I enjoy the longterm perspective. More and more the world will become incomprehensible to people without a strong math background. Most of the educated class is already stuck barely having the background to understand Newtonian mechanics.

Looking around, I already see that those able to leverage mathematics are taking over the world. See: every "big data" scheme, every high-tech company: Google, Facebook, NSA, etc.
>>
>>17632702
>Looking around, I already see that those able to leverage mathematics are taking over the world. See: every "big data" scheme, every high-tech company: Google, Facebook, NSA, etc.
Way more concerned about private intelligence w/r/t Stratfor, Cubic, Endgame, etc., and the mathematical modelling of the meme. Considered taking my resume to Palantir a couple times for backend analysis.

RE: your first point I think this is a problem in forced specialization and a splintering of the House of Science. I feel lucky to have gotten as interdisciplinary as I did compared to some of my peers.

We need something like the trivium/quadrivium to make a comeback.
>>
>>17632670
well i mean nothing right now SEEMS like its changed. im only asking because i pissed someone off and im afriad they might pull some shit on me.
>>
>>17632714
>Way more concerned about private intelligence w/r/t Stratfor, Cubic, Endgame, etc., and the mathematical modelling of the meme. Considered taking my resume to Palantir a couple times for backend analysis.
Those fall in my category

>RE: your first point I think this is a problem in forced specialization and a splintering of the House of Science. I feel lucky to have gotten as interdisciplinary as I did compared to some of my peers.

>We need something like the trivium/quadrivium to make a comeback.

You know I actually agree here. I've been thinking about this lately. For the past 100 or so years it's been impossible for a mathematician to make major contributions to several disparate branches of math. That's the difficulty I see. It seems to me that our only hope is that a new theory comes along uniting what would then appear as ad hoc methods, making it feasible to understand it all.

Of course, I agree for areas outside of math but that's a special case. We need to put some high value on having double or triple majors in disparate fields
>>
>>17632738

Chapter IV. Aspects d’une mission (1): un chant de liberté. In this chapter, Grothendieck discusses the meaning of the mission entrusted to each of us, and in particular his own; he rejects the idea of one’s mission being that of carrying a grand message to humanity such as many Gurus do, and explains that in fact that each of us is entrusted with the mission of witnessing to his own personal experience of self-knowledge, in the hope of leading, by example, others to the same process (and not to simple quotation of someone else’s experience). In his idea of mission, he is much inspired by the works of Marcel Légaut. Later in the chapter, he turns to the powerful role of Eros in creativity and warns against the attempt to sublimate it. Creativity is evoked as a fundamental quality of humanity, which is crushed in almost every individual by the power of fear. Grothendieck foresees that when all humans have gone through the process of self- discovery, creativity will be released and the obstacles removed. ... He discusses the effect of repression (social, sexual...) on creativity, opposing these two major forces on each individual, and attribute the very cre- ation of Evil (le Mal) to the obligation laid on each being to deny an essential part of itself. The explosion of creativity is identified with the ability to recover one’s fundamental soli- tude, beyond any influence of any Group. Grothendieck does not attribute the failure of creativity only to exterior (social) repression but largely to the acceptance and interiorisation of this repression by each person.
>>
When you create a sigil, it is recommanded that you "forget about it".
But are you supposed to forget about the sigil's form/words/design only? Or forget about the goal you set in the sigil you charged too?
Because I find forgetting about the goal pretty difficult.

Plus, you have to act towards your goal too in life, not just make a sigil and wait on your couch till it comes to you.
So, yeah, i'm not sure about how that's supposed to be.
>>
What are some occults related to healing? Or reinforcing the body?
>>
O mighty Ape sent by Thoth, if one wished to make contact with their holy guardian angel, what would be the best way to do so?
>>
>>17633155
"forgetting about" is a chaos suggestion that is widely over-exaggerated in its importance, the key is to avoid "lust for results"
>>
>>17633279
>the key is to avoid "lust for results"
Makes much more sense when you put it like this. Thanks.
>>
File: Sadhu2.jpg (25 KB, 295x440) Image search: [Google]
Sadhu2.jpg
25 KB, 295x440
>>17628521
Aghori brah. Kapallika here. dat fucking bliss! We should talk nigga.
>>
>>17628774

Stop talking that way, you're making my dick hard.
>>
>>17628887

"Racist" doesn't have any impact anymore. The current buzzword is "white supremacist"... at least until that loses it's punch also.
>>
>>17633342

It's about the importance of non-attachment for success.
>>
>>17627876
"He shall hold himself chaste, and reverent toward his body"
does this mean no sex?
>>
>>17628175
What you say sounds pretty good tbqh. What kind of basic training do you recommend before getting into this system and also to do this whole year work?

Is there something similar to this system? Just to compare and such.
>>
>>17628097
literally tripfags not getting enough attention fucked off for a while
>>
Anyone here into goetia?? I do some sigil work and hoodoo and stuff but have only recently started to dick around with this shit. What methods do you guys use for invoking/evoking/getting stronger manifestations?
>>
>>17633600
Again I have notes but I need to be at home to post 'em.

>>17634936
Yuh just did some work a couple nights back. I'm a big fan of reading from smoke. I use Samekh instead of Headless proper. Also been switching over to Heptameron oration for the call.
>>
Why do you wait for the thread to be in page 7 then bump it with "questions" samefagging? If no one post then let a dead thread die. That says a lot about your character.
>>
>>17635040
>Samekh instead of Headless
>Heptameron

Such big words, Anon-Senpai...
>>
Is it better to work with spirits/entities/what-have-you, or to do everything on your own?
I've been taking the solitary route due to not want to owe anything to anything, but I'm at a standstill with my work
>>
>>17635090
Not every reply or question is samefagging. Y'know you can look at the post counter at the bottom right these days, right? That there's a unique poster count at the top when posting a reply? That's 59 unique posters aside from our regular tripniggers.

>>17635128
Samekh's a Crowley revision of Headless One.
Heptameron's just the name of an iteration of Lemegeton's materials.

>>17635146
Solitary and group work both entail interaction with spirits at some level.
>>
>>17633155

If the sigils actually worked, the energy you charged into it will be consumed in the process of making your intent real.

Then you will naturally forget it, because you achieved the goal. Say if you goal is to get something, once you have that thing, your desire to get that thing will be gone, because you have it in possession already.

The issue of having to forget about something artificially is an indicator that your sigil didnt achieve its purpose. Its still charged with the energy you put there and hasnt been consumed in the process of fullfilling the goal.

To be crude that's like getting a hardon for someone and then trying to make it go away before you actually did what you wanted. Why would you want that? It would go away naturally if used.

Youre sending mixed signals here, but this is the fault of whoever made those chaos magic manuals and suggested this method.
>>
>>17635040
>Again I have notes but I need to be at home to post 'em.
I'll be waiting then.

Honestly, I feel attracted to this system, but I never practiced anything, this is why asked. I'm a complete noob.
>>
>>17627876
Is there a good starting point in general? I've looked into this and I'm very interested but I'm not sure the best place to start.
>>
>>17628175
>>17635301
>chaste
pls tell me this is just crowley being tricky again, like when i found out i ddidn't actually have to eat my son
>>
>>17629318
Buer summoner here, Get saw palmetto extract, coconut oil, and fresh spicy ginger root and a good amount of everclear maybe 18th whole mixture.

Melt oil in saucepan, add saw palmetto, grate ginger, at least a pound, and let bubble on the lowest setting, strain it, and then pour the everclear through the strained shit. Apply for at least an hour each time, and do it weekly, it should locally stop it, because this is what I do for my tranny butt hair.

I'm not a doctor I'm a demon summoning tranny with butt hair problems, which happens to be caused by the same chemical as hair loss. You can use it on a beard to reduce stubble, or after waxing. But on head hair it just thickens it and makes it good.

Not a doctor, I'm a frog witch on 4chan.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (24 KB, 302x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
24 KB, 302x200
>>17636008
>Not a doctor, I'm a frog witch on 4chan.
>>
>>17636008
Oh, I forgot, you should bubble it for like three hours Ideally.
>>
>>
>>17633210
A Christian church might help, though even Catholics frown from such direct contact.
Try this book (I'm not aware of any free online copies):
http://www.biblio.com/search.php?stage=1&author=adam+mclean+&title=angel+magic
>>
File: LargeScaleEldritchAbomination.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LargeScaleEldritchAbomination.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
I'm posting this for the lulz, okay?

The Book of the Old Ones

https://a.pomf.cat/carbgk.pdf

This is an ancient system of using the most powerful beings in the world, The Old Ones. The author tells you everything he learned and knows. In the dimly understood area of Magic, which you are about to explore, the Old Ones equate to the elemental forces of the earth. Air, Fire &water. You will learn how to bring the surging powers of the Old Ones into your life. But it is more than that, it is the true secrets of the Necronomicon. In the Pantheon of the Old Ones, there are six primary beings. Azathoth, Yogsothoth, Nyarlathotep, Hastur, Cthulhu, Shubniggurath.

Few know that the author Lovecraft had direct contact with the Old Ones and stated that at the time he was living. He stated that he had nightly contact with the Old Ones in his dreams. This book is NOT a fantasy or dream. It is written by a person that has contact with and knows the REAL power in the Old Ones. He has used the power for years with fantastic results. Unlike most other texts dealing with the Necronomicon Gods forms, this text gives you to follow and PRACTICAL rituals to help you in your daily life. NO SPECIAL tools are needed to call upon. This easy to do system is very unique and powerful. Most Necronomicon systems require many special tools and long hours of work. This is a serious book for the serious occult practitioner.

Learn : The Whole Secret of Magic : Heal Me : Dream of Lovecraft ;Magic Is Easy ; sign Of the Elder God ; ritual of the Old Ones ;Cult of the Old Ones : Creating your personal Necronomicon : CastSpells the Work : Success, Wealth & Love Rituals : Increase physical Power : enslave a Partner : Protection : Destroy Enemies and much more!! This is so powerful of a book we had to think carefully if we wanted to print it. The Old Ones predate ALL magical systems. Their power is beyond our understanding. You need to approach them with respect they deserve or be ready to pay the price.
>>
>>17638063
Seems to be good enough for making a pantheon. Chaotes will like it.
>>
>>17638041
Derp. Here's a link to it:
https://a.pomf.cat/lckvps.pdf
>>
>>17638063
It seems that this Scorpio is Carl Nager, anyone knows who this guy is? Is legit? This looks like a New Avatar Power but for Lovecraft fans. I always these kind of books comes from chaotes trying to make some money
>>
File: 088887200.jpg (62 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
088887200.jpg
62 KB, 1500x1125
>>17638126
How should I put it... a couple of days ago, a coworker pointed at this thing and told me "Are you seeing this? If you put faith into it, it *will* commune with and answer you." This is true of course; like >>17638103 said, the book can be used to form a pantheon.
>>
File: 1461391606394.jpg (80 KB, 750x1110) Image search: [Google]
1461391606394.jpg
80 KB, 750x1110
Might post an update to the library in the next handful of days, I've been neglecting it.

Here or /his/?
>>
>>17638171
Wherever you want to, but upload your notes senpai :3
>>
>>17638171

Funposting is about the same or worse, over there, but slightly better discourse. Shouldn't be this close of a call.

The Legalists failed because their way lacked heart. When I look at Libertarian Thelemites, they too lack heart. Why should Heaven give them a pass?

What does Thelema with a heart look like?
>>
>>17627876

What is the difference between Shiva and Krishna? So far it is my understanding that both are expressions of the absolute. Shiva would be the all pervading consciousness of God, and Krishna would be the divine personality.

Could someone with a greater understanding give me a more esoteric description?

I've heard the will of the real self is identified with shiva, and that the individual real self would be identified with atman. I'm basically trying to understand the relationship of all the major hindu pantheon. Brahman, atman, vishnu, Shiva, Shakti, Krishna, etc.
>>
>>17638305
It doesn't look like Schopenhauer, Fichte, or most of Nietzsche (Horse-breakdown notwithstanding).

It probably looks like Christism more than anyone would like to admit, de Campo's community breakfasts and OTK's disaster relief, but then that just brings up administrative problems that the Legalists endured.

I dig Temple of Set's emphasis on forced self-cultivation. It'd make the K418 types ante up their instrumental contributions or fuck off.

I dunno, though, heart comes from living traditions. The only significant contribution I'm even aware of is Chumbley (in keyword analysis) where Gunther's explanation of the Aeon of the Child is uniformly rooted in the Osirian.

I dunno where the currents are going, only where I'm going.
>>
>>17633464

It means don't get wild with lust like an animal, make love. Also the orgasm should be avoided if possible. Basically it means take a temporary period of celibacy, and see how it affects your energy levels. It also means to take care of the physical body with proper rest and nutrition.
>>
>>17638334
No, I'd say you're really spot on here.
If Siva is the absolute I then Krsna appears to be the multivariate expression thereof. In this respect Krsna has MUCH more in common with Kali in the Saivist systems than Siva, being a sort of self reflection and/or expression of the still point.

Will is an odd point. Just like in Thelema, the Saivists aren't talking about desire/want. More of a motive force.

That said, each pantheon must be understood on it's own terms, in it's own time and place. You're not going to gain Krshnajnana devoting yourself to Siva, or Sivajnana from devotion to Krsna. The form of the Vedas as conceived is very different from those conceived by middle or contemporary revivals.
>>
This is how you do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ooxBb0yMc
>>
>>17638358
Also helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2TPAIb7MmM
>>
>>17638339
>It probably looks like Christism more than anyone would like to admit

That's my thinking. Ghostly points to de Saint-Martin to support why she's a Thelemite.

I sometimes think Bullet Head took the worst of Christianity and left what little was wholesome. I mean, Darby dispensationalism? Fuck me...
>>
>>17638334
This article should prove insightful

http://www.krishna.com/info/shiva

Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whereas the demigods are empowered representatives. Shiva is unique however is that he is not Vishnu tattva nor Jiva tattva. The article explains it better than I can
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.