[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello I am starting a society for real life mages and magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
Hello

I am starting a society for real life mages and magick practitioners of all kinds with a twist, we only study the most credible of supernatural phenomena in hopes of converting it into applicable magick spells and incantations.

The society is called "Strange fellows of the clover" and your inductance will mark you as a strange fellow.

The society shall begin here on the internet and eventually morph into a real life college and foundation/facility for the study of the paranormal and applicable magick

Tonight I will be talking to perspective members and talking about this phenomena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RX6xqKjnU

specifically affecting the circuitry of the brain and even controlling thoughts.
>>
What are your founding rules?
>>
>>17626998
The number one rule for now is that you follow the "magical method" (akin to the scientific method) in which you present a phenomena or philosophy or other knowledge or physical construct for study in after deriving all the knowledge glean-able form it, re-purpose that knowledge into applicable techniques and magical "spells".

Basically, baseless assertions of mysticism are not allowed within the society, there must be demonstrable and reproducible proof of the phenomena you propose and is studied
>>
We also discuss conspiracy theories, but then, only plausible conspiracy theories for which there is some evidence to suggest they might be true.
not to say wild and outlandish conspiracy theories are not discussed, they must simply be plausible and logical.

"the world is ruled by gold fish" is not plausible
"the world is ruled by aliens" is plausible, if you can prove aliens are visiting earth and the way they control everything.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (9 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
9 KB, 284x178
I'd also like to discuss money and economics as a school and art of magic.

Money is information that controls the flow of physical energy, sound like magic? that's because it basically is, and if my preliminary investigations of freemason doctrine is correct, money is their chief magic and discipline.
>>
Interesting, however I know nothing of nothing, where do I start searching for magic and stuff?
>>
File: begin-at-the-beginning.jpg (26 KB, 592x172) Image search: [Google]
begin-at-the-beginning.jpg
26 KB, 592x172
>>17627094
I can help educate you in our societies school of thought.

We should start with philosophy if you are interested

I just have one question, how old are you?
>>
>>17627094
it's not a problem, all the matters is the will to learn and research to develop strong methods of magic.
>>
>>17627126
I would love to start now, but I'm going to bed. I suppose this thread still will be open tomorrow, so until then.
>>
Well let's start with philosophy.

For reasons we shall cover shortly, the modern reasoning of the average citizen has decreased in quality in comparison to citizens of only a few decades past. The modern schools of thought are symptomatic of a decline of culture and society. In the advent of the surveillance state and the prosecutions by the draconian state against whistle blowers and many others on the side of freedom of information, many have gone to ground and are hiding their affairs and intentions.

This is all symptomatic of a dying society.

So, rather than study the ideas of a dying society, we shall study the core principles that last the test of time and apply in all aspects of life.

We shall start, with the classics and advance to the esoteric understanding of our society.

We shall begin with Machiavelli and Thomas Hobbes.

Have you ever heard of these philosophers?
>>
>>17627161
let me know when you're back on
>>
>>17627178
>not realizing that the prince was satire
wew lad
>>
>>17627225
do you love the USA government or do you fear it?
>>
bumping for everyone interested in our society
>>
last bump till tomorrow night
>>
>>17626968
Why are you taking in users from 4chan? Just with that, I can tell this is nothing more than roleplay.
>>
>>17627278
Because I think this is a fine place to gather together people form all over the world to talk about magical practices.
>>
>>17627286
Then you do not know enough.

Are you a practitioner yourself, or do you just wish to find them through this?

Your desire to categorize and scientifically study magick says that this is the latter.
>>
>>17627295
I want to bring together like minded people for the purpose of studying magick rigorously
>>
>>17627299
eventually of course expanding the society to a college and community of sorts.
>>
>>17627306
I want to be the first serious and recognized college for the study of magic and the paranormal arts.
>>
>>17627299
>>17627306
I will provide you with free information here.

These sort of things cannot be tested in a scientific method. There are too many factors involved. That is why occultism is in small places on the internet and widely undiscovered.

Not to mention that there is a reason why this knowledge is hidden from the masses.

>>17627317
Those have been merged into the colleges and universities you know today, and been named sciences. Science that is not proven true is what you would call magic today.

Your intent interests me, so I will continue posting even though I do not agree with it.
>>
>>17627323
I believe there are many proven phenomena out there that simply go unstudied or disregarded due to their nature. That nature being fantastical or outlandish, though not altogether false.

other colleges have attempted such things in the past, only under the veil of much secrecy

take for instance Princetons paranormal research division

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

I want to make a society and community dedicated to this type of cutting edge outlandish research.

taking what is "magic" today and turning it into "science" tomorrow as well as creating arts and crafts of magical varieties
>>
>>17627323
They may not be able to be tested using the scientific method, but they can be experienced and there fore experimented with.

They may not be entirely quantifiable, but the effects of real and effective magick can be measured.
>>
last bump till tomorrow night then.
>>
>>17627178
Yes I've heard of Maquiavelo
>>
Whats the catch? What are your goals?
>>
how do i join?
>>
>>17628803
Simply ask to join and your in! I'll set up a more formal system later.
>>
>>17628812
im in bro lets go
>>
>>17628812
Carry on with macci and Hobbes, what are your thougts on m?
>>
>>17626968
Interesting concept but the name sounds tryhardy as fuck.

>>17627078
>Money is information that controls the flow of physical energy, sound like magic?
No it isn't, and no it doesn't
>>
>>17627178
Wasn't The Prince just one big "hey everyone Cesare Borgia was pretty awesome" manifesto with some additional themes thrown in, though?
>>
>>17627178
Social contract is good, but Hobbes was wrong about human nature. Humans at their base state have good and bad in them in equal amounts.

>>17628845
From what I recall of The Prince, most of what was said was fairly good advice.
>>
Will you sell lightning bolt, fire orb and soul arrow spells in your shop?
>>
File: images-22.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images-22.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>17628999
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 400x402
>>17626968
>strange fellows of the clover
>>
>>17626968
Why don't you set up an irc?
>>
File: 1458635376189.jpg (2 MB, 1522x2998) Image search: [Google]
1458635376189.jpg
2 MB, 1522x2998
>>17629055
Yeah the name is plebian
>>
>>17629062
sounds like a secret society of 1930s irish gays
>>
File: 1461606594582.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461606594582.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>17629068
>>
You know that the term magick was coined by Crowley to differentiate his style of nihilistic hedonism from music hall conjurers, right?
>>
>>17627078
It's true that you have to believe in money's value in order to run a societybased on it. Taking inflation and depressions into account however, it can all fall through due to context sorrounding it. It's a neat concept that we base our society around, but it ain't magic.
>>
>>17627350

Ive tried this here before. The success rate for summoning to a stranger over this board was less then 6%.

If youre ok with that, sure go on. But I wouldnt consider that a result worth the effort.

My point being:
When I do things for myself the success rate for an actual effect is 100%. The problem is that things often misfire because the words and symbolism used can be misinterpreted in ways I never predicted.

MEANING; I do get a result that clearly corresponds with my aim, but in a way I could never have imagined. Sometimes this is the result of asking the wrong questions, I can admit. If you dont know how something is constructed and you try to do something based on certain premises that turn out being only partly right, the result may be warped.
>>
>>17629052
was it the soul arrow that gave me away?
>>
Keep an open spot for me, I'm currently weighing my options
>>
Hoodoo rootworker/witch doctor here. I may be interested if this is serious. For now I'll watch this thrwad
>>
>>17627178
Asimov's theory of societal decay is extremely prevalent in America and is becoming more and more prevalent abroad. There will be worldwide revolution by 2030. You will have to set this cult of yours up quite fast, I think, if you are to survive it.
>>
>>17630740
>>17627350

The first thing you should do is set up a more concrete way for members to communicate through.
>>
Name sounds like it's an offshoot of the odd fellows from Ireland. I'd change that shit.
>>
Fake and gay
>>
>>17626968
greekfag /performer/freemason here

count me the fuck in
>>
>>17631109
never heard of them.

>>17630758
good idea, but I don't know how to set up an irc and i don't like them cause it's easy to target and hack members of an irc.

Anyway were back!

I'll review everything everyones said and respond, in the meantime feel free to post
>>
>>17627545
Our goals is self preservation and the study of only the most tangible and readily preformable magick systems
>>
>>17628833
my thoughts on Machiavelli is that his viewpoint is a healthy one to form a world outlook on and studying his ideas will serve you well in life.
>>
>>17629068
oh was there a gay group by that name?

I thought strange fellow was fitting because magick is seen as strange and fringe and I like the irony of calling oneself an oddball when you are occult or elitist
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.