[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe thoughts create your reality? Have you ever intentionally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: magician.jpg (95 KB, 350x600) Image search: [Google]
magician.jpg
95 KB, 350x600
Do you believe thoughts create your reality? Have you ever intentionally changed your thoughts and watched your life change? What's your experience with this? This is a concept I've been thinking about a lot lately.
>>
File: Alan_Moore_(2).jpg (149 KB, 528x678) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Moore_(2).jpg
149 KB, 528x678
>Have you ever intentionally changed your thoughts and watched your life change?

Umm, that's not magic.
>>
>>17626303
Never said it was magic.
>>
>>17626280
No, I believe stupid, evil sociopaths with fucktons of money do.
>>
>>17626280
According to Physics: without consciousness, or, to be more precise, an observer that can collect the data for historical record, then there would be no wave-collapse.. meaning reality would not exist.

So, in a way, "thoughts" create reality.

Whether or not we can alter reality with our thoughts is anyones guess.
>>
>>17626335
this is true
>>
i really wonder if thoughts put out energy/frequencies like a lot of law of attraction gurus believe. Based on my experience, there might actually be something to the loa concept, I've had some strange things happen when working with it.
>>
>>17626348
Well. according to Physics (QFT, the backbone of QM) again:

Matter is made up of fields and waves, not particles. A "particle" is what you see when you measure a field. ie, there's a Higgs Field, when you excite the Field enough you get a wave, we measure it collapse it into a particle, and call a Higgs Boson.

Anyway everything is a mish-mash of different fields. Every "particle" has a corresponding Field, inluding Neurons. The Neurons in all of our brains all exist on the same Neuron Field.

So, I'm stretchjing a bit here, but in essence, our thoughts (Neurons) are all linked by the same as-yet-to-be-found field.

Phew. I need a break.
>>
Not exactly.
Your mind, your self is sort of like a lens through which you take in and interpret information. You can tilt the lens around all you like, and it'll change the picture, but it's still gonna be the same information, thus creating a similar enough idea of the world as most other people.
>>
STOP THINKING, START DOING!
>>
your thoughts change the way you look at reality which changes the way you act so in a way yes but not in the way you're thinking
>>
>>17626335
how we can know that there is 2 observers?
this bussines of the one got me on how we can create the illusion of 2 , i know the trinity is related but still tinking how we can know there is at least 2 counciusnes in the universe.
>>
>>17626398

>how we can know there is at least 2 counciusness in the universe.

Maybe we can't. We can only ever confirm what we see, not what others see. Each subject has it's own subjective experience separate from the other, yet totally reliant on the other to confirm it "real".

If you were the only person in the Universe how could you know that you were real?
>>
It takes 2 to tango.
>>
File: cbt-triangle.png (168 KB, 684x684) Image search: [Google]
cbt-triangle.png
168 KB, 684x684
Cognitive behvior therapy
>>
Honestly this is such a basic concept and I don't understand how it blows people's minds.

Yes anon, your thoughts influence your life in the way that cognitive thought influences your actions and beliefs. That's not to say thinking positively will increase the money in your bank account but of course your state of mind influences your life.

So yes, you are in control anon, and this should be freeing
>>
>>17626322
Then do something anon. Work to improve your life and fight the system you feel oppresses you, no one's stopping you but your own cowardice, if you feel oppressed by wrong doers why not retaliate?

And that doesn't necessarily mean invoking violence, there are subtle ways to fight against the current. There's less in the way of your success than you've projected.
>>
I've had times where I have felt lonely, and wanted some friends. So I would use the law of attraction to maybe draw in friends. Usually, the next day three or four old friends would shoot me a message asking to sped time with me etc. These are people I haven't spoken to in months, some even years. This is without me taking any action at all. All of the people on this thread are talking about thoughts changing your actions and how YOU present yourself, but I really feel there is something beyond this, that can affect other people, with out you, yourself doing anything at all.
>>
>>17626335
So does this mean that while earth was a lava rock forming in our solar system, there was some other observer out there allowing reality to exist?
>>
Yes. A recent example is when I began focusing on feelings of gratitude and giving thanks to "God" (whatever/whoever that may be), my previously broken blinker began spontaneously working again. Every time I do this I attract uncanny, fortunate circumstances.
Some good practice is using random.org to generate "random" digits. I set it between 1 and 9 and try to visualize a number in order to make it manifest. My record is getting four in a row.
>>
>>17626976
yes. or here's another possibility. All of history pre-consciousness, happened in an instant because there was no consciousness to experience the passage of time. The fact that there is a past, such as lava rock planets, just means that the observer that formed later needed a physical explanation for how he got there, to be there.

>tldr All of history was instantaneous and is merely an explanation for the present.
>>
>>17626986
Very cool concept
>>
>>17626985
This is what i mean, things just mysteriously go your way when using the loa. Things that you dont need to take action to achieve, they just happen.
>>
>>17626992
This has been my experience consistently.
Also, I avoided mentioning this because it's a little embarrassing, but I'm unemployed and rely quite a bit on financial aid money, because I'm a full-time student and have some other financial problems within my family - not that I should really care about explaining myself.
During another recent time when I was focusing on feeling thankful, I started running low on money, and was stressing out about needing to look for a job. Right in the midst of that panic, a financial aid check showed up in the mail inexplicably, worth several thousand dollars, when I was convinced that I had already been disbursed the full amount for that quarter. I think that's extremely characteristic of what we would call the Law of Attraction. Unexpected, perfectly timed, and a little too good to be coincidence. To me, that's the fingerprint of "God" (again, whatever that may be) that I can always recognize.
>>
File: 1461641642274.png (140 KB, 684x684) Image search: [Google]
1461641642274.png
140 KB, 684x684
>>17626933
FTFY
>>
>>17626322
>le scapegoat meme
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459877965850.jpg (12 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459877965850.jpg
12 KB, 500x342
>>17626303
>something that completely fits the definition of magick
>"BUT IT'S NOT"
You really underestimate the power of your own, multi-plane mind, if you think magick is anything more than small shortcuts and holes in the way reality works via your own mind.
"As above, so below"
>>
>>17626280
Part and parcel of the magic you do, no faith no magic.
>>
the majority of /x/ that they're nothing more than charlatans. And some are racist pedophiles lol.
That couldn't magic up a fucking entity of any origin except their own ego, which is pathetic at best.
Any time you feel man enough you bunch of pseudo spiritualists,do your best. More than happy to shove belial straight back up your arsehole.
>>
http://youtu.be/7RcJC4L2JEo
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.