[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you get $500,000,000 >you are an asshole who doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: castleDracula.jpg (430 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
castleDracula.jpg
430 KB, 2000x1000
>you get $500,000,000
>you are an asshole who doesn't care about starving children and curing AIDS
>you also post on /x/
>so you spend the money on building something that will scare the shit out of people and ignite the imagination

Criteria:
>it has to last
>it has to use modern technology (e.g. be underground to force it to be cold and damp, use sound mirrors that emit frequencies that bother people, etc

What do?
>>
>>17621562
>Buy an old castle with a bloody history
>Hire Disney engineers to create fake ghosts, hidden tunnels, and other spoopy crap.
>Live in castle with maids and such for years using the tech to scare them nightly building the legend always refusing visitors.
>Let the tech run automated after I die.
>A legend is born.
>>
>>17621562
Build a scary as fuck mansion and pump infrasound through the whole thing and tell people it's haunted. This along with a few actors and some directed audio equipment would make James Randi shit his pants. A few tastefully placed fog machines couldn't hurt either, not gonna get into details about how to make a mansion look haunted. It's really that simple.
>>
>goto moon
>build giant 20 mile high model of my erect penis
>everone on earth can see it
>profit
>>
>>17621584
A mix of this^

>>17621605
Plus this^

OP will be the hero /x/ needs.
>>
>>17621617
I'm with this guy
>>
>>17621562
This thread had potential, but all of you are bombing
>>
File: wait.jpg (67 KB, 630x399) Image search: [Google]
wait.jpg
67 KB, 630x399
>>17621562
Idgaf about your criteria.

>Set up an actual lab full of mad scientists that create actual monsters with fucked up science.
>Set these monsters loose in semi populated areas (nearby forests, homes, etc)
>Do this until money runs out
>monsters are real
>>
>>17621773
if scientists can't already do this sort of genetic engineering or tissue modification with the billions of dollars they recieve in grants, they're not gonna be able to do so with 500mil my dude
>>
>>17621562
>Build a castle
>four stories above ground, 13 below ground
>unleash a fuckload of spiders and cockroaches on B5 and wait for them to spread to the other floors
>lease it out to 500 hoboes for like a month or two
>wait for a few hoboes to die/become disoriented by spider bites
>shoo out the healthy hoboes while rearranging the dead ones and hiding and costuming the confused ones
>invite people on tours of my haunted manision

Notes on special floors
>G4 is where most of the hoboes were assigned to camp
>G2 has a direct connection to B8 by way of a laundry chute hidden in a breakaway section of the floor. The hamper is filled with hobo clothes.
>B4 has a hobo skeleton dressed up in a Sonic outfit chained to a treadmil.
>B7 has the highest number of disoriented hoboes and most are taped upside down to the walls
>B12 has "Spooky Scary Skeletons" playing at quarter speed on a loop.
>B13 is completely spotless with the exception a single suction cup dildo stuck to the cieling
>>
>>17621562
>Find richest whitest suburb in America
>Buy homes for a bunch of homless people and drug addicts
>Watch neighborhood have a heart attack
>>
>>17621780
who made mothman
>>
>>17621780
But this is going to be unethical and wouldn't really have a purpose other than creating scary things. A bit different wouldn't you say?
>>
File: 1436396550257.gif (310 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1436396550257.gif
310 KB, 150x150
>>17621784
>>B4 has a hobo skeleton dressed up in a Sonic outfit chained to a treadmil.
>>
>>17621562
>Build an extremeley advanced, self-improving AI
>watch people shit bricks
>laugh

got em good eh boys
>>
>>17621562
I would make a video game
a fascist made video game in that
I can buy the greatest talent willing to sell their skill
and we as a crew can export a truly great export.
I being an ideas guy would know perfectly well how to express the underlay required to build a foundation that would stage the temple of experiences that anyone may enjoy if they pay their way in. A good business is a goof virtue as it allows for life. It's a dank play on words; Poetic pliea.
>>
Offer the homeless a place to stay, in a new location each time, maybe in mobile homes that disappear once they leave, maybe in underground bunkers that get abandoned or sealed off later and can't be found

Spike their drinks with acid and do all sorts of weird stuff, perform theatrical rituals, whatever you want, you have a blank check. Freak them the fuck out

Re-release them, arrange so that you create the idea of a new MKULTRA or Illuminati ring, watch the rumors spread
>>
I'd pay of my fines I owe the law that are fucking me and my wife in the ass right now and stop browsing X cause I wouldn't need to escape my shitty life anymore, ergo, it'd no longer be shitty
>>
>>17621839
>lemme just talk about my personal life in this thread, instead of offering an interesting answer to an interesting question
>>
>>17621839
>BEING THIS SELFISH
shame on you.
>>
File: 1457468921840.jpg (5 KB, 208x147) Image search: [Google]
1457468921840.jpg
5 KB, 208x147
>>17621584
>hire disney engineers to create fake ghosts, hidden tunnels, and other spooky crap
>hiring disney engineers to scare the pants off generic people
>mfw this shit plan actually works
>>
>>17621978
you ever been to disney world?

Haunted Mansion ride was really something. They had real holograms and shit. Lot of potential there, so long as it isn't a hologram of a cheerful whistling dwarf
>>
>>17621562
I would use the money to leak alien information and the population will be in panick. Also you do a favor to humanity saying the truth, thing that politicians and ((they)) don't do.
>>
>>17621988

>you ever been to disney world?

no

>Haunted Mansion ride was really something. They had real holograms and shit. Lot of potential there,

How old are you kid?

>so long as it isn't a hologram of a cheerful whistling dwarf

This is what i was thinking
>>
>>17621562
I take the money and explore the sea bottom with one of those little glass subs with the most state of the art cameras. I discover monsters.
>>
Build a nice house in a heavily populated area. Make it like the home alone house when he's trying to make it seem like a party house when he's by himself. Completely empty but it seems like a party house with no one coming or going. Completely automate loud music, "people" walking by windows, and a total party atmosphere but with no one coming or going.
>>
dig giant cavern underground, fill with rivers and lakes of molten lava, with giant gothic castle right in the middle. torture the damned for all eternity.

don't forget ultra spoopy initiations and ceremonies to ensure a long line of satans to rule the underworld.
>>
>>buy and clear off a large piece of land just outside of city
>>build a house under land, figure out a way to make it undetectable
>>plant trees and create an archway with them
>>install projectors and smoke machines to create a "portal" in tree arch
>>turn it on randomly when people are walking by
>>anybody brave enough to walk through portal will be dropped safely into a slide leading into a room in the house
>>once there, offer them a way out, or a way in
>>if they choose to leave, a door opens to a path that leads to a ladder to a manhole near a road
>>if they choose to stay, i change their life forever
>>
Build Lab X18 from STALKER, use animatronics and costumed actors for spooks, along with stuff like fog projections, things that move with hidden electromagnets and pneumatics, hidden speakers, etc.

I think a believable abandoned secret research facility is much more genuinely scary than some stereotypical haunted house or vampire castle or whatever.
>>
>>17621562
I like the idea of buying a cruise line and setting the ship up with spooks. Better than a hotel because you're trapped out at sea.

Someone else run with this. I'm a lazy faggot.
>>
Establish a kickass free email service. Way better than gmail, more storage and stuff, hire celebrities to endorse it. Get ultra successfull, lots of users.
One day release all the private data just because.
Watch chaos.
>>
>>17622291

You couldn't buy a cruise liner with 500 million, unfortunately.
>>
>>17622291
>>17622345
Let's allow it for the scenario.
>>
>>17622028
19 you cynical bastard. Disney doesn't skimp on technical prowess. You'd understand if you saw, it was actually impressive
>>
>>17622075

I like it.
>>
>>17621562
>buy house
>invite OP's mom to live inside
>open to tours
>>
>>17622381

Whelp. Okay then.

You'd have to design the ship so it gave the illusion of being full of people, even when there are only a handful. Move the ship into the middle of the ocean, then turn on the spooky.

Victim A finds herself alone. She looks into a mirror, which is full of tech. Her face morphs into some twisted undead abomination.

Victim B wonders into the ball room. The piano is playing itself. "Ooh, spooky," he'd retort sarcastically. Suddenly the chair slides across the room, and a voice originating from the area of the piano exclaims, "You're fuckin' right it is."

Victim C is on the viewing deck, looking out to sea. Holographic projectors on the side of the ship begins to display horrific sea creatures stalking it.

Victim D is walking through the halls in the passenger deck. The walls begin to crack and water poors out of them, the hallways begin to fill quickly. Luckily he escapes, but just. Drains under the carpets recycle the water.

And on and on. :P
>>
>>17621773
>>Set up an actual lab full of mad scientists that create actual monsters with fucked up science.

Can I apply?
>>
>>17621790
>who made mothman

Space made Mothman. Mothman was the Flatwoods West Virginia monster that was marooned here after its UFO crashed. It's dead now.
>>
>>17621814
>>>17621562 (OP)
>>Build an extremeley advanced, self-improving AI
>>watch people shit bricks
>>laugh

I know how to do this.
>>
>>17622568
okay bro
>>
>>17622568
Please do
>>
>>17622583
>>>17622568 (You)
>Please do

Need funding for equipment.

Already published in AI.
>>
>>17622255
Batman?
>>
>>17622477
Id go.
>>
>>17622612
What does it do?
Like that Tay girl?
Or that movie Her? get some robot pussy.
>>
I'd probably make a modern day version of H. H. Holmes' murder castle with sophisticated modern technology.

>rooms, hallways and stairways would be mobile and constantly rearrange themselves in relation to one another (like that movie Cube)
>microphones and speakers everywhere, recording and transmitting to each other at random
>the feedback loop becomes a constant hum throughout the house, any noise you make adds to it
>one-way mirrors everywhere
>doors/windows that open to brick walls, hallways to nowhere, just weird mindfuck type shit
>incorporate holograms or VR somehow
>like some kind of sequence that makes people think they found an exit or are being rescued, but it's just holograms

Shit I don't know the possibilities are endless. Look up the original Murder Castle if you haven't heard if it, really interesting stuff.
>>
>>17622478
>"You're fucking right it is."
I like this. You should also keep it slightly...off. Like everything seems slightly off balence, uncanny valley that shit up. Make stuff move slightly, just enough to make you go crazy. And make all the food eggs, and only bowls of eggs.
>>
On the ground level, there would be a three-sided triangle roughly six or seven feet in height. One of these faces would have a door taking up most of the surface. This door would open outwards and would be triangular. It would be a very heavy, reinforced steel. Rivets, creaking etc.

Opening the door would be a ladder leading downward. There would be industrial lights and it would have a maintenance tunnel feel. You descend and initial impressions would indicate much the same. Large, open tunnels, well lit with things like water tanks, offices and so on.

In the offices you would find the sorts of things you might find in a modern sewer network: a coat stand, filing cabinets, computers, generic safety equipment, and so on. The documents to be found in the rooms would allude to typical office things. Figures, spread sheets, reports. However, if really looked at it would quickly become apparent that the information didn't mean anything.

Traveling through the tunnels, eventually there would be a door that was conspicuously different.

It would be large, like a hangar door, and could be slid just about open. It would lead through an empty hangar to a single door at the far side. There would be a card reader, blinking to indicate malfunction. A button would open it and inside would be a medical area, filled with hanging plastic sheets. There would be various allusions to things like experimentation, viruses, disease, and so on. However the spread of technology would range from seemingly near-future to, at the far end, approx. WWI.

Pass through the dusty WWI area and you would eventually reach catacombs filled with dated medical equipment. This would give way to ultimately medieval tools of surgery - and torture. Gurneys would give way to cells, some with more gurneys and bandages, others with manacles.

Finally, the tunnels leading from there would be pure and white. They would all be essentially identical but would head downward, often leading nowhere.
>>
>>17621780
They can grow ears on rats. Imagine a baboon or cheetah covered in ears tear-assing through city streets.

Itd be so cheap since the tech is already out there, pay a research lab a million dollars every month to release one of your monsters in a random city. The worlds worst lottery...
>>
>>17621978
>>17622028
fag
>>
>>17621562
Set up a pirate radio station in a small town, not a hard thing to do if you look it up. Broadcast decent content mixed with zany, unrated material to draw attention, every now and then, real briefly, play some shit that sounds real disturbing.

Over time let it degenerate into a madhouse shit show.

Easy to do with that amount of money, and it would get loads of attention. Unfortunately it's a crime so I'd get investigated, but most of the suggestions here have people killing hobos or letting animals loose in cities and shit, so fuck it. Besides, depending on how shit the local law enforcement is, and how careful I am, my plan could go on for a long ass time.
>>
>>17621978
Disney has some of the best engineers outside of aerospace.
So if they couldn't do it. Youd be hard pressed to find teams that could.
>>
>>17621562
All to funding experiments towards gene splicing to make dinosaurs happen
>>
>>17622726
>What does it do?
>Like that Tay girl?
>Or that movie Her? get some robot pussy.

In my case it solved an unsolvable science problem and got me a raise. But I can ask it to do anything,
>>
>>17621562
I'd make a house of skeletons.
Lika all the walls, floors, doors and what not are made of skeletons.
Then use hidden robots (inside the walls between the skeletons or even inside them) to make the skeletons move.
When you walk past certain skeletons the try to grab you or open and close their mouth rapidly.
Also I'd have robot skeleton servants who will also keep my house the way it was when I die.
>>
>build underground machine that causes worldwide earthquakes and other shit
>keep it running until the whole planet breaks in half
>everyone dieded, maximum spoop achieved
>>
>>17622478
that would be cool. I'd add some little things like having the staff as stooges and lots of the 'passengers' in on it too.

Get them to befriend the actual passengers then just disappear. Get everyone else to claim nobody like that was on board.

Loads of subtle gaslighting things like moving stuff about, having rooms that are almost identical but have some differences, then close them off intermittently and change the maps so that people dont trust their sense of direction/memory (for example if you had two very similar dining rooms, maybe symmetrical or something, and one day the map of the place - put them on walls - says its the one to the left, and you lock the one on the right and put a sign up calling it storage, then after a while switch it round).

Hiring staff that look kind of similar but never having them working shifts/seen together would also be good, make people doubt their memory and just be unsettling.
>>
>>17624596

Eventually the victims get together and discover there are only 20-100 people on board (that they are aware of). The crew are in a hidden section of the ship. The crew, captain, have all disappeared now.

Massive fog machines on the side of the ship are blanketing it. The sea cannot be seen. Only a deep roar can be heard in the distance. A small tugboat equipped with massive subwoofers is circling the ship.

On the ship, the victims find that the area of the ship they have access to is shrinking. Doors are outright disappearing. White noise generators are gradually turned up. Ominous hints that they may already be dead are left around.
>>
>>17624611
kek imagine if you hired enough people on the ship to trick just one person into thinking they are dead, just outright ignore everything they do, if the person grabs them they are just like "what they fuck is touching my arm" and run off. Then when they hit land everyone just acts completely normal while the person is getting off, saying goodbye to them etc.

That one person thinks they were a ghost for a few days
>>
>>17624614

Have someone pick them up at the dock, making sure it's empty. When the victim asks where they are going, the driver replies, "Somewhere to help you let go. We could tell you were having a rough time."
They arrive a mock funeral moments later.
>>
>>17621562
yhes
>>
>>17621562
>>so you spend the money on building something that will scare the shit out of people and ignite the imagination

fuck that, would love to buy some haunted castle/mansion and fuck some ghost titties though
>>
File: docmoreau.jpg (41 KB, 475x438) Image search: [Google]
docmoreau.jpg
41 KB, 475x438
>>17621773
>>17621780
>if scientists can't already do this sort of genetic engineering or tissue modification with the billions of dollars they recieve in grants

Genetic research grants are given/used to further understand/improve human health, to prevent/cure disease; genetic experimentation seeking to create a batch of werewolves isn't going to get that kind of funding. But OP could be private investor, if he found the scientists willing to do it.
>pic related
>>
File: 1461465168287.png (315 KB, 992x592) Image search: [Google]
1461465168287.png
315 KB, 992x592
>>17621562
>Op looking for ideas for McKamey Manor 2: Electric Boogaloo

Fuck off, Russ.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.