[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Converting to Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
What kind should I convert to? Why? Atheism is so empty.
>>
What's your nationality? Have you considered other Abrahamic religions?
>>
>>17619029
Im from the US.
Like Islam?
>>
>>17619031
Islam and Judaism.

There are a lot of differences between the several denominations of Christianity.

The first big schism you have to consider is if you are comfortable with the authority of the Pope speaking with the word of God.

If you are, then Roman Catholicism fits. You're lucky. It ends here.

If you aren't, then go down the Protestant/Orthodox path.
>>
>>17619039
Definitely looking more into Christianity but I do NOT trust the pope.
>>
>>17619039
It's worth mentioning that converting to Judaism is a bitch, unlike most Christian and Islamic sects, who'll take anybody they can get.

You could look at Buddhism, too, if you're not against a "foreign" religion. Skip the new-age hippie bullshit and the cults go for the real stuff, it's an interesting tradition and has a pretty decent community, without the doom and gloom authoritarianism of Christianity or Islam.
>>
Northern European? Go back to your roots. Abrahamic religions are poison.
>>
>>17619051
Can't do Buddhism. I kill people.
>>
>>17619052
My ancestors are German.
>>
>>17619047
Alright, then. You'll have to look into these yourself. There are quite a lot of small differences between them.

Orthodoxy was the first split of Christianity and it can be considered the first organization of Catholicism, the Roman Catholic Church being a heresy of the Orthodox Church. I don't think it is very common in the US, as it's generally an Eastern European thing.

The Protestant heresies of the Roman Catholic Church are probably going to be the ones with more traction in the US. There are also about six trillion of them, so you'll have to do your own research.

You're in luck, however. It is considered to be a religious duty to convert the infidel for Christians. As such, you can literally go on any church and ask a priest/father/minister to convince you to take his religion and he will do it willingly.

>>17619051
Converting to Judaism isn't as hard as people make it out to be.

You just have to ask three times (and get denied two times) and get circumcised (not a problem as Op is American).
>>
>>17619047
Anon, try being Orthodox. I am Orthodox and I'll tell you it's great to know you share something with the Byzantines. Best religion if you still have hope in Christianity, Catholicism is a self-destructive religion
>>
>>17619059
That's why I said to skip the new-age hippie bullshit kinds of Buddhism.

Anything that'd "disqualify" you from Chinese or Japanese Buddhism would send you to hell in Christianity, too.
>>
>>17619072
I hear that they don't accept people who aren't Greek or whatever as willingly
>>
>>17619079
So what's the original?
>>
>>17619071
>Converting to Judaism isn't as hard as people make it out to be.

>You just have to ask three times (and get denied two times) and get circumcised (not a problem as Op is American).

There's more to it than that, at least among the Jewish communities I've known. You have to learn Hebrew and pretty much memorize the Torah, among other things. I've known a few people who've converted (for marriage, mostly) and it's been a process that took years for most of them.
>>
>>17619085
Nope. I'm good.
>>
>>17619082
Nah, I'm half spaniard and had no problem, thought my other half is serb. But I've nerverd heard of anyone getting rejected.
>>
>>17619091
I just mean not fitting in.
>>
>>17619085
As an Israelite, I can say that it's not really that strict here. It's in the religious law, sure, but most people don't follow it. Even our immigration office (you need to be a jew to qualify for citizenship) let's almost anyone through with their broken-ass Hebrew.

>>17619082
This sounds like bullshit, honestly. Orthodoxy still has conversion of the infidel as a religious duty.
>>
>>17619065
convert to Germanic paganism, believe in Wodan and Valhalla and stuff like that, it sounds based
>>
>>17619047
Look into protestant sects. Baptist, Methodist, and Lutheran are the ones I suggest. Southern Baptists can be a bit overly enthusiastic though.
>>
>>17619140
They all seem so full of shit
>>
>>17619026
The answer is Deism.
>>
>>17619144
Are you OP? Or just a lurker?
Either way, that's just my suggestions for Christian denominations. I don't know enough about Catholicism or Orthodoxy to recommend them.
>>
>>17619094
You need to see for yourself to know
>>
>>17619148
Too undefined.
>>
I'm doing some really nasty farts tonight
>>
Go to YouTube and look up tfhny. The father's house is the best church out there, it'll definitely bring your spirits back up
>>
>>17619026
Eastern Orthodox
>>
>>17619132
paganism is based. honor your ancestors OP
>>
>>17619026
Listen to the Orthodox hymns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncckxAjp8uY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiK8F2NviTc
>>
29599277493889489398329040349409409230940950950950490303409050945092090490950t590tsdfiuh
>>
Messianic Christians are cool (they're centered in TX). Very welcoming, non-judgemental, and very well-researched in their faith. The difference between them and most faiths that involve the Bible is that they don't discard books or chapters just to fit their convenience. They also don't beat around the bush when it comes down to it, unlike other faiths who pussyfoot around many issues and trains of thought. The base of the faith is also clear (Old Testament books are the records, signs and promises, while the New Testament contain the fulfilment of said promises with the victory over death through resurrection as Jesus demonstrates, the visions of the end times, and how we were meant to spread the news that we will be saved from eternal death only through trusting in Jesus). It's a race against time (similar to Noah being warned beforehand about the destruction of all known civilisation through flood, and all who believed in God's words and entering the ark being saved, and similar stories show up in many parts of the Bible to drive that point home).

As for studying the Bible itself, I went with the Old Scofield study Bible, which addresses so many different questions and helps greatly to understand the actual texts of the Bible (you basically read the Bible verses and then get explanations for harder parts, as well as relevant information just below the page).

I'd say it's worth at least giving a try.
>>
Anabaptism.
You do not fall under the domain of the Italian anti-Christ, frankly there is always the chance that the Jesuits with their oath to purge heretics and burn children alive will come to kill you. Also, you can wash yourself of sin whenever you want, with and even bigger bonus that the Priests, unlike the agents of the anti-Christ, do it for free.
Anabaptists are literally 4chan mods of the one true god.
>>
Orthodoxy is pretty cool but they rely a bit too heavily on tradition and Greek philosophy. I'm probably going to try an Episcopalian church soon. I don't care about a church's theology as much as I do about their liturgical practices.
>>
>>17619071
the katholikismos existed even before Constantine
>>
>>17619071
also there were various sects and schools of Christianity even during the time of Christ and right after the time of Christ i do feel would be appropriate to say

the ones that come to my mind are the ethnic-Jewish Christian communities in the levant after the destruction of Jerusalem and the death of James the Just

even in the Bible Paul confirms for us that various different churches and groups of believers were "separate groups" for one reason or another

i also think it was the Roman Catholic Church that first declared the Eastern Catholic Church to be heretical, and then like 50 years after that (or so?) the Orthodox declared the Roman Catholics to be heretics

go figure, declaring other believers to be "heretics" is not heretical in my opinion, at least based on the Bible if i am missing out on a revelation from God justifying such things....

it says in the gospels...

"John answered, “Master, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not follow with us.”
But Jesus said to him, “Do not stop him, for the one who is not against you is for you.”
>>
>>17619102
and the Judaic answer to the fact that most of the world doesn't know about God is to let the rest of the world never know God even though the subject of hell is all over the Tanakh
>>
>>17619216
Messianic Christians (centered in TX) top lel

Christianity is Messianic Judaism which is Messianic Christianity
>>
>>17619026

focus less on the 'kind of christianity' and instead read your bible diligently, pray often, and build a deep faith in the salvation possible only through jesus christ alone
>>
>>17619216
actually, i'm sorry. if you define "judaism" as adherence to the "law of the Tanakh" or the "Law of Moses".... this is not the same thing as Christianity

i suppose Messianic Judaism is actually Christianity, although the fact that Judaism and Messianic Judaism has physical objects of physical worship which is idolatry and hypocrisy and violates the "Law of Moses" and the "law of the Tanakh" - (i do believe God disbanded the temple of Jerusalem in the Tanakh)
>>
>>17619400
agreed, anon

>>17619402
sorry, let me clear this up, lol

surely, i would say that believing in Christ is Christianity, whether it is messianic Judaism or outright Christianity (meaning we no longer keep the laws in the Tanakh) or we consider God to be triune in physicality

i love messianic Judaism, but my soul is not with that sort of religion

i think that it is all Christianity, but "Judaism" or "Messianic Judaism" is not necessarily the spirit of the teachings of Jesus, of course there is scripture justifying that it is in that "Jesus kept the laws of the Tanakh"

what is really feasible and possible for us? what is really Judaism, anyway?
>>
File: messianic.gif (4 KB, 118x300) Image search: [Google]
messianic.gif
4 KB, 118x300
I used to be very into "Messianic Judaism" and still almost revert back to it sometimes, as it makes the most sense scripturally to me. I think I still have tzitzit somewhere in my closet lol.
>>
File: 26080_pantocrator1.jpg (209 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
26080_pantocrator1.jpg
209 KB, 800x800
I really like Kabbalah, the hebrew Kabbalah, Luria's sutff, not the new age bs. But I can't cope with Orthodox Judaism. I like the exegesis of the Bible they do.

Also, I really like the Jesus character, but can't stand Paul and the rest of shit in the New Testament. Just the Books of the 4 Apostles.

What am I? Who I got along with?
>>
>>17619400
agreed. a relationship with God is more important than, say, church attendance. or which denomination you identify with. worry about that later as it comes.
>>
>>17619026
>What kind should I convert to? Why? Atheism is so empty.
>Implying there is only Atheism and Christianity
What a sad, narrow minded world you live in. Why don't you read up on some of the myriad other religions and belief systems out there? There's plenty of alternatives to a tribal, blood thirsty war god.
>>
File: witchpost.jpg (369 KB, 685x1024) Image search: [Google]
witchpost.jpg
369 KB, 685x1024
>>17619452
If that's the path you're choosing, I'd look up Zach Bauer/new2torah and Paul Nison. Zach is a creationist but he really knows his scripture and is very open to debating anyone. He's a doomsday prepper/homesteader, makes his own wine, regularly mocks flat-earthers, he's hard not to like even if you disagree with him. This video is also very informative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M76EAnAjaBU
If you're having doubts about Jesus being the messiah, look up debates with Dr. Mike Brown.
>>
>>17619026
Buddhism, it fits with science and is all about empowering you, not sure if there's anything after death? Get the most out of life.
>>
>>17619140
>Southern Baptists can be a bit overly fucktarded, bible thumping, and all about threatening eternal torture if you don't agree with them, though.
I'm from Tennessee, the damn buckle of the bible belt. Fixed that for you.
>>17619144
You would be correct.
>>
>>17619400
agreed, read the bible VERY thoroughly. Especially the parts where God commits mass murder, let's Job be tortured both mentally and physically for no other reason than a bet between 'god' and the devil, and kills a bunch of egyptian children for something they had no say over (not to mention the ritual blood sacrifice of lambs and painting the doorways with their blood to avoid it).

Also pay attention to the flood story, then go read up on the Epic of Gilgamesh to see how it's been blatantly plagiarized (FYI, Epic of Gilgamesh predates the earliest works of the bible by at least 1,000 years, probably closer to 1,500).

>mfw I used to be Christian
>mfw what converted me was actually reading the bible thoroughly when I had the intent to become a preacher
>mfw no face
>>
>>17619059
> I kill people.
Elaborate. Army?
>>
Thoughts on kjv Bible?
>>
Reminder that the Abrahamic "God" is a maniacal, egotistical, hypocritical, bloodthirsty, fear mongering, and ultimately monstrous being who is not worthy of anyone's praise or worship. The proof of all this is within none other than the (un)holy bible itself.

>http://www.evilbible.com/
>>
>>17619026

"If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

That's all you need to be saved for all Eternity. This immediately means that Jesus' blood covers your sins, past, present, and future, and your spiritual consequences are paid (there might be physical consequences of sin, though, still).

Also, once you invite Jesus to be your Savior, He sends the Ruach Ha'Kodesh (Sevenfold Holy Spirit of God) to dwell within the temple of your body. This confers immediate immunity to magic, demonic possession, spiritual fear, and enables you to experience the fruits of the Spirit, which are Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control.

In time, depending on how quickly and how much you let God's Spirit move through you and come out of you, you may also cultivate the ability to test the spirits and see the future (Discernment, or "Words of Knowledge"), the ability to lay hands upon the sick and see them healed, drive out demons, understand foreign tongues without formal education, have immunity to disease and poison, and actually force demons to obey God commanding them through you (not for personal purposes, for warfare purposes).

You may also become able to experience true spiritual union with another human soul bound together with the Lordship of God, and become very very good at military or martial sciences, if you learn about the Angels, who are all God's military under command of Michael the Archangel (and amazing being).

There is no need for a denomination or "flavor of Christianity at all. Just follow Jesus Christ, and seek the Holy Spirit of God to instruct you. It is good to find someone to disciple you. I suggest Kenneth Copeland, Joseph Prince, to start.

To learn more, just read the modern translation of the New Testament called "The Message".
>>
>>17619550
>evil
>trash talks, wrestles and cripples people because everywhere, anytime is Wrestlemania when you're Abrahamic god
Clearly you just can't handle the bants.
Why can't you smell what the YHWH is cooking?
>>
>>17619452
a person who agrees with Jesus but disagrees with Paul?

i would say if it coms down to your salvation being on the line at a point where you disagree with Paul... who do you put your trust in? do you put your trust in God or man?

(i trust in the words of Paul, but have talked to those who do not. Paul is not God of course)

here is some of Paul's writings about himself...

"10I appeal to you, brothers,a by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 11For it has been reported to me by Chloe’s people that there is quarreling among you, my brothers. 12What I mean is that each one of you says, “I follow Paul,” or “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.” 13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16(I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized anyone else.) 17For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."
>>
>>17619501
in my experience there are also southern baptists who are nothing like this

many southern baptists are great workers of the LORD no matter whether or not i am wrong or am right about what another person preaches in regards to the ways of the LORD
>>
>>17619526
can you imagine how great we will revere Job forever? even when we get to heaven we are all going to know the story of Job, and he will be alive with us forever? he will be like a freaking hero!
>>
>>17619545
i think it's like barbed wire

i like it, it's fancy and all, if you like fancy things of the world

unless this is like a GREAT mystery of the LORD only revealed to a select chosen few of Christians... i think that many people's reliance on the KJV as THE ONLY BIBLE to read is absolutely absurd
>>
>>17619550
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
Oh, give thanks to the God of gods!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
For His mercy endures forever:

To Him who alone does great wonders,
For His mercy endures forever;
To Him who by wisdom made the heavens,
To Him who laid out the earth above the waters,
To Him who made great lights,
For His mercy endures forever—
The sun to rule by day,
The moon and stars to rule by night,

To Him who struck Egypt in their firstborn,
And brought out Israel from among them,
With a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm,
To Him who divided the Red Sea in two,
And made Israel pass through the midst of it,

But overthrew Pharaoh and his army in the Red Sea,
To Him who led His people through the wilderness,
To Him who struck down great kings,
And slew famous kings,
Sihon king of the Amorites,
And Og king of Bashan,
And gave their land as a heritage,
A heritage to Israel His servant,

Who remembered us in our lowly state,
And rescued us from our enemies,
Who gives food to all flesh,

Oh, give thanks to the God of heaven!
>>
>>17619079
>Anything that'd "disqualify" you from Chinese or Japanese Buddhism would send you to hell in Christianity, too.

Not true.

The only sin God can't forgive, is the one you won't take to Him!!

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." – I John 1:9

""Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." -Rom 3:24

"For judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment." - James 2:13

"I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean." - Romans 14:14

That's radical Grace, the Grace of the Living God. That almost never gets preached, but is the God's Honest Truth for Eternity.
>>
>>17619216
>I went with the Old Scofield study Bible

I use Scofield NIV as well. It's awesome.

Important protip: The Old testament only exists to bear prophetic witness to the coming of Jesus Christ. The Old Testament rules do NOT apply anymore, we are under Grace now.

To understand who you are in God and Jesus Christ, you must read the words of Jesus in the New Testament FIRST (usually the sentences in red, in a red-letter edition). Then move on to the stuff said by people other than Jesus.

But first start with Jesus the Christ, to understand and become a Christian.
>>
>>17619373
>the ones that come to my mind are the ethnic-Jewish Christian communities

Like the Essenes?

Many people believe Jesus was an Essene.
>>
>>17619703
with a few minor exceptions on this post, i think this is one of the best posts i've ever seen on 4chan.

i think the entirety of anybody who uses 4chan should read this post.

Amen.
>>
>>17619703
never heard of these preachers

don't put your trust in men, a lot of preachers are shilling if not outright working for the devil inadvertently

i always feel that an actual believer in the LORD and somebody living a Godly life without fear of condemnation is not going to glorify sin and not going to want to live a life of sin nor compromise with sin within their ability
>>
Who cares if atheism is "empty"? It's correct.
>>
>>17619768
i believe somewhere around circa 300 A.D. there was a form of Christianity which evolved from Jewish evanelicals travelling east and Bhuddism or some sort of eastern spirituality and the message of the gospel being intertwined

i personally do not practice this sort of spirituality, but i think it is historical. there were a lot of Orthodox monasteries in China i think back in the day?
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>not Agnostic
>>
File: 1454705537677.jpg (9 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
1454705537677.jpg
9 KB, 239x250
Does anyone else here see the foolishness of simply "converting" to a religion like picking up a new cellphone model or car? That seems utterly retarded to me. Beliefs come from deep within, or at least they should, not from whatever is the coolest or most convenient.

Not a christfag or mudslime btw, it just ain't the first time I've seen a "What should I convert to guys" thread on here and the ignorance astounds me.
>>
>>17619526
>agreed, read the bible VERY thoroughly. Especially the parts where God commits mass murder, let's Job be tortured both mentally and physically for no other reason than a bet between 'god' and the devil, and kills a bunch of egyptian children for something they had no say over (not to mention the ritual blood sacrifice of lambs and painting the doorways with their blood to avoid it).

The "problem of evil" is the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with that of a God who is, in either absolute or relative terms, omnipotent, omniscient, and good.

Without this eternal perspective, we assume that people who die young, who have handicaps, who suffer poor health, who don't get married or have children, or who don't do this or that will miss out on the best life has to offer. But the theology underlying these assumptions have a fatal flaw. It presumes that our present Earth, bodies, culture, relationships and lives are all there is... but Heaven will bring far more than compensation for our present sufferings.

Jesus endured a suffering beyond all comprehension: He bore the punishment for the sins of the whole world. None of us can comprehend that suffering. Though He was innocent, He voluntarily took upon himself the punishment that we deserved. And why? Because He loves us. How can we reject Him who gave up everything for us?

When we comprehend His sacrifice and His love for us, this puts the problem of evil in an entirely different perspective. For now we see clearly that the true problem of evil is the problem of OUR evil. Filled with sin and morally guilty before God, the question we face is not how God can justify Himself to us, but how we can be justified before Him.

So paradoxically, even though the problem of evil is the greatest objection to the existence of God, at the end of the day God is the only solution to the problem of evil.
>>
The crusades were all about
Catholicism.
>>
>>17619882
the spirituality of Jesus Christ is divine revealed truth
>>
>>17619825
>with a few minor exceptions on this post, i think this is one of the best posts i've ever seen on 4chan.
>i think the entirety of anybody who uses 4chan should read this post.
>Amen.

Thank you and God bless you Anon. <><
>>
>>17619837
>i always feel that an actual believer in the LORD and somebody living a Godly life without fear of condemnation is not going to glorify sin and not going to want to live a life of sin nor compromise with sin within their ability

RIght. Well, Grace shouldn't be regarded as a "sin license", but but ultimately, even if it is, I think the spiritual consequences are paid for by the Blood of Jesus. If you keep sinning, sure there will be worldly consequences, that makes sense. Overeat? get fat. Do drugs? get addicted. Lie? lose trust. Kill? be killed by the same sword you raised against another.

But for a saved Christian, even a "carnal" one, the wages of sin is death, not Hell. Death, as in physical death.

I've never known any Christian that could go a single day without sinning, hence the need for Grace. The big difference is, a saved Christian is aware of their imperfection, and is always called to ask humbly for forgiveness, and is grateful for receiving it.

I'd also say that in most Christians' lives, including my own, there is usually a progression from darker to lighter over time, both in terms of internal state, and external actions which merely mirror the internal state, and presence of the Holy Spirit inside.
>>
>>17619878
>Not a christfag or mudslime btw, it just ain't the first time I've seen a "What should I convert to guys" thread on here and the ignorance astounds me.

Sometimes all it takes is intention to take a leap of faith to find what you seek, though.

A child can believe by faith easier than a philosopher can justify it. In that case the child gets saved, and the philosopher, for all his "wisdom", gets left behind.
>>
File: 1455989088089.jpg (39 KB, 348x333) Image search: [Google]
1455989088089.jpg
39 KB, 348x333
>>17619857
>not agnostic atheist
>>
>>17619924
“Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes!
And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.
And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire."

this is what is written in scripture about sin
>>
>>17619957
>“Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes!
>And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.
>And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire."
>this is what is written in scripture about sin

You are taking things too literally. Jesus speaks in parables. This is a warning specifically for those who are unsaved and not operating under Grace. Jesus' work on the cross pays for ALL sins.

Jesus uses "hyperbole" here (an exaggeration to make a point) of tearing out the right eye. He did not teach physical mutilation of blinding oneself, for it is not the eye itself or the hand itself that causes sin but the human heart that is the origin of sin.

His point is that the alternative to not confessing sin and receiving the free gift of forgiveness by the Grace of God, is Hell. He is saying it is better to deal with the issue of sin, which is a daily reality in the life of every human, by being HONEST with ourselves and with God, and acknowledging that sin to the One who paid for our sins to be forgiven on the cross.

The standard for Jesus’ kingdom is perfection. The only way we can reach perfection is complete forgiveness and justification through Christ. That complete forgiveness is a free gift of Grace accepted and received through faith, NOT WORKS, lest any human being should boast.

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9
>>
>>17619957
>“Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes!
>And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.
>And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire."
>this is what is written in scripture about sin

Jesus was saying this to a group of unsaved, unbelieving people, not to saved Christians. And he was speaking in a parable, or symbol.

The point is this: Body parts are only temporary, but unconfessed, unforgiven sin has eternal consequences.

BUT don't gouge out your eyes! There's a much easier way to handle the sins that we all commit every day.

If Christ is your Savior, then you are forgiven for all your sins! So, make changes that are less expensive/ valuable than removing part of your body, like accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, so your sins will be forgiven, and the consequences of your sins will be paid for by what He did on the Cross, out of Love for you. Satan would love for you to gouge out your eyes, but the much easier option is simply to accept Jesus and the free gift of salvation by faith through the Love and Grace of God expressed for you in the act of sending His only innocent Son to the Cross to shed His blood in our place, so we DON'T have to pluck out our eyes or chop off our hands to handle the eternal consequences of sin.
>>
>>17619026

Depends, take a good look at the bible and see its contradictions, take a good look at how jesus followers say and do not do. Take a good look at how jeremiah 8:8 says the law was falsified.

Do you really trust that book?

Is that church hated to be the TRUE one? Aren't they covered in gold and never pillaged? Look at how the vatican is untouched.

Well? Is that persecution, are their pedos caught?

Now take a good look at what I say:

Wouldn't GOD be placed in the place of the devil with lies? And the antichrist placed in the bible? Try doing opposite of what Jesus says.

And start noticing. See any miracles from them?

Look at who was persecuted during middle ages, alleged "devil" worshippers.
>>
>>17619718
>>anytime is Wrestlemania when you're Abrahamic god
I lol'd at that. Still, though, fuck YHWH
>>17619750
>can you imagine how great we will revere Job forever?
That's just fucked up. He got put through all of that for NO fucking good reason at all, and you psychopaths talk like it's such a great thing that happened.
>>17619755
>all this talk about "mercy"
YHWH's got to be the most ruthless, bloodthirsty psycho I've read of in any story ever. I've seen what your god's "mercy" is, perfectly described in the bible; torture, fear, and tyranny.
>>
>>17620169

Consider this:

>>17620148

Tell me against what I say if you have the balls to do so: Isn't GOD the one who wants you to be gay in the first place? Isn't GOD the first one making you desire dicks? Or pussy? Eh? Or money?

Well? Tell me who is man more in the image and semblance of, what jesus says or what jesus says not to do?
>>
>>17619882
>The "problem of evil" is the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with that of a God who is, in either absolute or relative terms, omnipotent, omniscient, and good.
Easy; he isn't all of those things. That shouldn't come as a surprise, considering his historical origins.
>Without this eternal perspective...
The entire paragraph is faulty assumptions and blind faith in a book.
>Jesus endured a suffering beyond all comprehension
Yes, and that is one of the most revolting things of all. Spin it however the hell you want, the fact remains that your god demanded a human sacrifice. Not just any human sacrifice, he needed someone who was perfectly innocent to be tortured in one of the most brutal, painful ways imaginable before killing him. What kind of sick fuck would do that? It wasn't necessary, your god DEMANDED it be necessary, like some bloody Lovecraftian abomination. And you christfags talk about this sickening human sacrifice as "good news". How can you not see how utterly depraved that is?

Rest of your post is straight up special pleading and ignoring the fact that your god is the one who has done the most evil acts imaginable. Any other culture with a god that demands human sacrifice, you would call evil without hesitation. And I would agree with you. Why is it suddenly not evil for YOUR god, though? Because he says so? I'm sure the other ones who demanded sacrifice said the same thing too.
>>
>>17620178
>I got told, better just call him a faggot in the most retarded, nonsensical, and long winded way possible.
How very 'christian' of you, fucking hypocrite. You should do the world a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>17620194

Oh? You know how being christian is like? Well explain and ILL PROVE YOUR WRONG.
>>
>>17620205

Balls he had to comfront me: none
>>
>>17620169
>Still, though, fuck YHWH
No jabroni. Yahweh fucks you.
You better prepare dat ass because his penis is billions of cubic cubits in size.
>>
>>17620218
>talks like a retarded twelve year old
>HURR DURR NO BALLS FITE ME
Seriously, just kill yourself. This is just sad.
>>17620232
Exactly what all of the abrahamic religions eventually boil down to; listen and obey, or suffer and die.

Fuck you psychos and fuck your sick god.
>>
>>17620232

That name is fake.
>>
>>17620240

Heheh, the faggot doesn't even have the balls to try and prove me wrong and is acting like a sissyboy trying to get out of the way with insults and pretended hatred when he is just scared and crying in a corner like the little bitch I made him to be.
>>
>>17620241
Fuck you Senator Vreenak, you're a fake.
>>
>>17620251
>>17620251

I'm going to go ahead and tell you to prove me wrong doing a miracle in that name.
>>
>>17619026
Catholic for that sweet last momemt repenting
>>
>>17620248
>prove me wrong
lol about what? That you're a brain dead faggot who worships a psychopath "god"? The evidence speaks for itself.
>trying to get out of the way with insults
Hello kettle, I'm pot. You're black.
>that projection
Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night, christcuck. Stay mad
>>
>>17620248
>being this ass blasted
dayum son get some preparation h for all that butt hurt
>>
>>17620276

You're not addressing any of my points and you're pretending I said things I never said.

Are you scared bitch?

I'm braindead like you claim and stll smarter than you because you are a faggot with no redemption, what does say about you faggot? A braindead is smarter than you you cannot prove him wrong.
>>
>>17620284

Still no balls to answer huh?

>ass blasted

look at whos talking mr blackhole wide open
>>
>>17620286
>You're not addressing any of my points
You never made any points, just acted like a retard and slinging insults everywhere.

Maybe if you can form any kind of comprehensive thought other than "hurr durr u r a faget prove me wrong DURR", then I can address it. Until then, I'll regard you like I do all mentally handicapped people; with pity.
>>
File: HowNotToTroll.jpg (19 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
HowNotToTroll.jpg
19 KB, 349x642
>>17620286
>pro-tip: pic related
>>
>>17620296

Here are MY EXCELSE points, fag.

>>17620148
>>17620178

>>17620301

You're talking about yourself since that is what you're doing, and you have no balls to prove me wrong. Joke's on you fag.

or aren't you pretending to be retarded by not addressing my points and disproving what I said?
>>
>>17620292
answer what? i just got here guy. fucking idiot, cant even tell who hes talking to kek
>>
>>17620307

>then shut up, put your tonge in your butt read the thread and know what you're talking about and who are you talking about retard, since you're proving you're the one who doesn't know who's talking about.
>>
>>17619026
Wait until you are no less never a child. Then you will have enough life experience to make an informed choice.
>>
>>17619216
Sounds like crazy fundamentalist garbage. Don't choose this religion, OP. You'll be reduced to a bible thumping drooler in no time.
>>
>>17620306
>Here are MY EXCELSE points, fag.
Nice spelling, nigger. Go back to school and pay attention this time.
You ramble on a bunch of shit about the catholic church in that first post. Half the sentences are so poorly structured I can't even tell what you are trying to convey. Hell, that first post sounds like more reason that christianity is fucked up.

As for the second one, it's a nonsensical question the presupposes the answer, while just being (like I said already) a long winded way of calling me a faggot.
>Well? Tell me who is man more in the image and semblance of, what jesus says or what jesus says not to do?
What are you even trying to say here? English, mother fucker, do you speak it?

>You're talking about yourself since...
>I'm rubber you're glue blah blah
Nice 3rd grade comeback, kid.
>>
Look into being a Jehovah Witness. They do an excellent job teaching and interpreting the bible. Look at the website : jw.org
Good stuff
>>
>>17620310
lolwut? nigger are you high or legit retarded? u making less cents the angrier you get haha

keep goin man, this shits hilarious
>>
>>17620318
>I can't even tell

Weren't you smart and schooled?

> I can't even tell what you are trying to convey

Oh, so you aren't smart enough to understand an alleged retard?

>What are you even trying to say here?

Weren't you smart? It's pretty clear.

Weren't you smart? weren't you smart? Aren't you able? Because I sure as fuck am able.

>English, mother fucker, do you speak it?

Very nicely actually since I'm saying what I want, you're understanding perfectly while claiming not to do and buttraging at the same time.

>>17620323

>>17620323

You heard me bitch.
>>
>>17620327
>I'm too stupid to form a coherent sentence
>But I'll just call anyone else stupid for not understanding it

Not quite sure if you're just a failure of a troll, or actually mental. I honestly don't want to believe someone is as stupid as you seem to be. That would just be too sad. also

>maybe if I keep saying he's mad enough, it'll become true!
topkek
>>
>>17620169
>>>17619718
>I lol'd at that. Still, though, fuck YHWH

"God is dead." - Nietzche

"Nietzche is dead." - God

>>>17619750
>>can you imagine how great we will revere Job forever?
>That's just fucked up. He got put through all of that for NO fucking good reason at all, and you psychopaths talk like it's such a great thing that happened.

"And the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before." - Job 42:10

The book of Job is about listening to God instead of your friends, when your friends are telling you to do something you know God doesn't want you to do. Job's friends advised him wrongly (as you're doing here), then deserted him. Instead of hating them, Job prayed for them, and God rewarded him.

>>>17619755
>>all this talk about "mercy"
>YHWH's got to be the most ruthless, bloodthirsty psycho I've read of in any story ever. I've seen what your god's "mercy" is, perfectly described in the bible; torture, fear, and tyranny.

References?

The Old Testament Exists for one reason, to bear witness to Jesus Christ. True, things were different under the Law, before Grace, but a finite creation like yourself cannot judge an Infinite Creator like YHWH anymore than an axe can tell its wielder which tree to cut down and which to spare. That is a wild boast that lacks humility and gratitude for life.

The blood of Christ was the holy blood of the Son of God. It was the necessary ransom price to buy us back from sin and death. When Jesus shed that blood, our redemption was complete. No longer do we need the many sacrifices to remind us of the coming salvation, for we have Christ who has come and accomplished all through His death.

Those Old Testament pictures are still historically important for us, however, we don’t have to observe those pictures anymore, because we have the "Real Thing." We have the SUBSTANCE, Jesus Christ. Therefore, let us hold fast to our confession. Amen.
>>
>>17620332

>he isn't smart enough to understand someone he claims he is retared

You're making yourself more and more retarded at each post.

Wouldn't it be that I am so smart you aren't able to comprehend?
>>
>>17620327
yeah i heard you, you just dont make any damn sense lol

you cant be fucking real, this has got to be babys first troll right?
>>
I agree, Jehovah Witnessea do teach the bible very effectively. Just recently started having bible studies with some of the members. I recommend everyone to check out
jw.org
Have many articles, magazines, and videos to help teach the bible
>>
>>17620335
>you just dont make any damn sense

I'm actually the only guy making sense here, since you shit eaters are claiming to be smart, and that I am retarded and you're proving yourselves unable to understand someone who is retarded according to you.

A retarded person is simple to understand, because he is very basic.

And you are unable to understand me.
>>
>>17620340

And I'm going to prove you all liars and buttraged: How come you understand the insults and not the rest?

Who's the retard nao?
>>
>>17620184
>>The "problem of evil" is the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with that of a God who is, in either absolute or relative terms, omnipotent, omniscient, and good.
>Easy; he isn't all of those things. That shouldn't come as a surprise, considering his historical origins.

You don;t know my name, yet my name is what it is. It exists independent of your inability to perceive and know it. Similarly, God's omniscience, omnipotence, and Love exists independent of your ability to perceive it, Anon.

There's more to the Universe than is dreamed of in your philosophy.

>>Without this eternal perspective...
>The entire paragraph is faulty assumptions and blind faith in a book

The only faulty assumption is that you assume I have blind faith in a book. You failed to address the the point that the "Problem of Evil" is reconciled when once takes in to consideration the afterlife, and the concept of the allowance of human beings to behave evil for a short while, to facilitate free will and the Greater Good.
>>Jesus endured a suffering beyond all comprehension
>Yes, and that is one of the most revolting things of all. Spin it however the hell you want, the fact remains that your god demanded a human sacrifice.

Not human sacrifice, SELF sacrifice. Jesus is the second person of the Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. So when God sent Jesus to the Cross to pay for our sins, essentially He was paying for the Himself, through His Love for us, in our place.

Were Jesus just a random good man, I would agree, but He was not, He was (and IS) the Son of God. You need only read His own word about Himself to see that.
>>
>>17620333
>The book of Job is about listening to God instead of your friends,
Who in their right mind would worship a god who advocates rape and killing children?

>References
Go read the bible, front to back. And then maybe crack open an actual history book and learn about the religion's origins.

Rest of your post is just trying to spin it to sound not so fucked up. I'll simplify it for you

>Gods who demand human sacrifice are evil
>Your god demanded a human sacrifice
>Your god is fucking evil.

And fuck your hand-waving, copy-pasted excuse for the old testament's atrocities. You're no better than /pol/tards who say "Hitler did nothing wrong" and actually believe it.

>>17620334
No, nigger, you just don't seem to know how to properly structure a sentence half the time.
>retared
Once again, "EXCELSE" spelling, faggot.
>>
>>17620340
>Not being able to understand the incomprehensible gibberish of a mentally handicapped person makes you retarded as well
lol k man, whatever you say
>>
>>17620240
>>>17620232
>Exactly what all of the abrahamic religions eventually boil down to; listen and obey, or suffer and die.

You missed the entire point. The point is all have fallen short and sinned, God knows this, so He has created a way to pay for those sins by taking your punishment in your place, in the person of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Now forgiveness for all sin is the free gift of God through mercy and Love, that only needs be accepted through faith, not works, lest any man should boast in their own "righteousness".

>Fuck you psychos and fuck your sick god.

Wow, I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

I will pray for God to heal you in Jesus' name.
>>
>>17620344
>how come you understand the parts I bother typing well and not the parts that deliberately make no sense?
>Who's the retard nao?
Still you.
>>
>>17620323
>olwut? nigger are you high or legit retarded? u making less cents the angrier you get haha

Would that be two cents or five cents?

The proper word is "sense" little one. :)
>>
>>17620346
>"Problem of Evil" is reconciled when you use the circular logic inherent in christianity
fixed that for you
>Not human sacrifice, SELF sacrifice.
No, your god demanded a human sacrifice in the first place. Someone volunteering to be that sacrifice doesn't make it any less so. You're missing the point that your god wanted blood, and that's fucked up. Yet you keep trying to spin it with pretty words, to dress up an abhorrent thing as something "good". Would you accept any sort of reasoning for the Aztecs' human sacrifices as being anything more than barbaric practice?
Not even bothering with the rest of your post. It all comes from a fucking book that's completely unverifiable in the first place. Your entire premise boils down to
>this is how it is because the book says so
>the book is right because this is how it is

Circular. Logic.
>>
>>17620353
>The point is all have fallen short and sinned
According to a book. A book written by a man, about a being that may or may not be what it claims to be, a being who's actions clearly show it to be anything BUT benevolent.

The entire concept of sin is a fucking scam. Tell people that the crimes of one person can pass guilt down to their children. I don't even know how to explain how fucking stupid that is. If your father killed someone, should YOU go to jail for it? Then, go on to say that something like sex, a completely natural and NECESSARY biological function, is also a sin.

Your god tries to paint himself as a savior, but the only one he's "saving" us from is himself. He's like the mafia muscle that would extort "protection money" from businesses, to "protect" them from the mafia themselves.

>Wow, I'm sorry you're in so much pain.
I'm not in any pain. Way to be fucking delusional, then again, not much of a surprise considering.
>>
>>17620348
>>>17620333 (You)
>>The book of Job is about listening to God instead of your friends,
>Who in their right mind would worship a god who advocates rape and killing children?

Source?

God doesn't advocate rape and killing children.

In fact, God specifically forbids rape:

"But Jonadab son of Shimeah, David's brother, said, "My lord should not think that they killed all the princes; only Amnon is dead. This has been Absalom's express intention ever since the day Amnon raped his sister Tamar.: - 2 Samuel 13:32

Absalom was killed by his own men because he was a power hungry rapist who lost YHWH's favor, even though he was David's son.

And God forbids child killing:

"Do not permit any of your children to be offered as a sacrifice to Molech, for you must not bring shame on the name of your God. I am the LORD." - Leviticus 18:21

Pretty clear to me.

>>Gods who demand human sacrifice are evil
>>Your god demanded a human sacrifice
>>Your god is fucking evil.

Again, Jesus is the second person of the Trinity, God in the flesh. So when God sent Jesus to the Cross, God lived as one of us, only without sin, and gave His life in our place to pay for our sins, so we don't have to. That was the ultimate act of Love and SELF sacrifice, in a very real sense. Not human sacrifice.

Had Jesus been a random guy, your point might be valid, but Jesus knew who He was and what He was doing, and so do I.

Satan, a fallen angel who knew the true identity of Jesus, used the term as a taunt during the temptation in the wilderness. Unclean spirits, terrified in Jesus' presence, said, “You are the Son of God.” (Mark 3:11, NIV)

The Gospel of John, for example, says "But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." (John 20:31, NIV)

esus said bluntly, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6, NIV).
>>
>>17620385
Some gems from the "holy" bible of the "just" god.

>Deuteronomy 13:13-19
Kill the entire town if one person worships another god
>Exodus 12:29-30
Killing a bunch of kids
according to the following, rape is OK
>Deuteronomy 22:28-29
>If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
>Deuteronomy 21:10-14
This one makes it clear raping female captives is OK too
>Exodus 21:7-11
Even detailing how to go about selling your own daughter into slavery...
>Exodus 21:20-21
Detailing how much you can beat your slaves...

Oh boy, are there a lot more like these too. I just brought the most memorable ones

>inb4 "hurr old testament doesn't count"
according to Jesus, it does.
>Matthew 5:17-19, Luke 16:17, John 1:17 and 7:19
>>
>>17620365
>>"Problem of Evil" is reconciled when you use the circular logic inherent in christianity
>fixed that for you

Due to your limited knowledge, you cannot expect to fully understand Infinite God or his ultimate plan. When a parent takes an infant to the doctor for a regular vaccination to prevent childhood disease, it's because the parent cares for and loves that child. The infant however will be unable to appreciate this. Just as an infant cannot possibly understand the motives of its parent due to its cognitive limitations, so too are you unable to comprehend God's will in you current physical and earthly state. Your difficulty or impossibility of finding a plausible explanation for evil in a world created by God is to be expected, and so your argument from evil fails unless it can be proven that God's reasons would be comprehensible to you, or humanity at large.

/argument

>>Not human sacrifice, SELF sacrifice.
>No, your god demanded a human sacrifice in the first place. Someone volunteering to be that sacrifice doesn't make it any less so.

God volunteered to be His own sacrifice. It;s simple. If The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God, then Jesus is God. If God sent Jesus to the cross to shed His blood to pay for the sins of humanity so we don't have to, then this is a very clear case of SELF sacrifice, in a very profound sense, to create a free and clear path for humans to be reconciled to God without having to take any actions on their own, except believe.

It was an act of Love. :)

>Not even bothering with the rest of your post. It all comes from a fucking book that's completely unverifiable in the first place.

You're not arguing because you have no argument.

If God can cause the Universe to come together with the clockwork perfection and order it has, then don't you think He has the power to cause a book to come together in exactly the way He wants to be represented?

God controlled the hands that wrote the book. :)
>>
>>17620363
Falling for an obvious troll. The proper phrase is "lurk moar" little one. :)
>>
>>17620385
>And God forbids child killing:
>"Do not permit any of your children to be offered as a sacrifice to Molech,
That's specifically saying not to sacrifice children to Molech. Sacrifices to himself are apparently OK though.

>blah blah Jesus gave his life blah blah
Yes, I've heard that shit repeated a thousand fucking times, you are missing the point that only an evil god would demand a human sacrifice in the first place.

>I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Oh, it says that? Well, let me just take what the fucking book says at face value. /sarcasm
>>
>>17620371
>The entire concept of sin is a fucking scam.

So you are saying you've never sinned? :)

Now I know exactly who you are. ROFL.

Pride goes before a fall, little one. Remember that.
>>
>>17619026
Pelagian. It's like the scientific branch of Christianity.
>>
>>17620371
>I'm not in any pain. Way to be fucking delusional, then again, not much of a surprise considering.

Methinks you protest too much.

I will pray for God to heal you by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name.

God Bless you.
>>
>>17620385
>And God forbids child killing:
But then why does the Jesuit oath demand that they do this and more when they come upon the women and children of heathens?
>>
>>17620397
>It was an act of Love. :)

What kind of loving father has a son who is homosexual and doesn't like his son and love him for what it is?

And consider GOD, what kind of loving FATHER who is also a GOD that has made HIS son gay because HE wanted this son to be gay and desired HIS son to be gay and even placed HIS son in gay situations would hate this gayhood that HE invented?

And doesn't everything come from GOD, and isn't everything GOD made loved and desired by GOD?

Well?

>GOD wants obedience

And isn't this gay son being a homosexual like GOD wants of him?
>>
>>17620397
>has the arrogance to presume "limited knowledge"
That's a fucking riot. I was born and raised christian, and for a time was studying the bible to become a preacher. Guess what turned me away from christianity? Actually reading the bible and seeing how absolutely sick the entire thing is, that's what.
>Implies I can't understand "God"
>goes on to imply you do
Can't have it both ways. That's a cop-out anyways. A truly perfect god would be able to stand up to simple scrutiny, questioning, and criticism. How fragile must his ego be if he has to basically say "no questioning"?

>It was an act of Love. :)
No, it was an act of blood lust on your god's part. The fact that you can "smile" and talk good about a fucking human sacrifice (I'll say it as many times as needed to sink in, because that's what it fucking is) is completely sickening.

>If God can cause the Universe to..
stopping you right there. Your god CLAIMS that in a book written by a human. and we all know humans can't lie in books. and we all KNOW that evil entities aren't capable of LYING, now are they?

>God controlled the hands that wrote the book. :)
Oh, as well as all the different translations, variations, spinoffs, etc.? Even if all christian sects agreed on what books are bible canon, the abhorrent things your "god" has done in it still stands.

You might as well be trying to sell me on worshiping Cthulhu
>>
>>17619026
You shouldn't just limit yourself to one religion.
There is more to life than what you know, and what you see others believe.
There are a plethora of religions, even ones that perished long ago should be looked at.
Look at them, see what unites them, and what divides them.
Only then will you find the thing right for you.
>>
>>17620401
>So you are saying you've never sinned?
Nice strawman, faggot. I never said that. Why don't you read the entire post before responding, you fucking window licking, middle school dropout
>>
>>17620371
>According to a book. A book written by a man,

Mens' hands put ink to page but God controlled the hands. :)

>The entire concept of sin is a fucking scam. Tell people that the crimes of one person can pass guilt down to their children. I don't even know how to explain how fucking stupid that is. If your father killed someone, should YOU go to jail for it?

No one said that at all but you.

Curses are broken by the Blood of Jesus Christ and the presence of the Holy Spirit. I don't know where you're getting your information, but we live under the New Covenant now, where the old curses have been broken.

>Then, go on to say that something like sex, a completely natural and NECESSARY biological function, is also a sin.

No one said that either. In fact, God says that the marriage bed is not defiled.

God intended sex to be an enjoyable, pleasurable, and yes, experimental experience -- for husband and wife. Having sex with anyone other than your spouse is a sin not because it hurts God, but because it numbs YOU and cheats you out of the intimacy and closeness you were meant to experience by becoming one flesh with one human soul - your spouse. The rest is empty. But even if you choose it for yourself, God will still forgive, because of what Jesus did.

>Your god tries to paint himself as a savior, but the only one he's "saving" us from is himself.

NO. He's saving us from US. No one has to teach a human to be evil, it comes naturally. You just advocated sexual promiscuity, which leads to emotional emptiness, sexually transmitted diseases, human predation and using other humans, etc. God merely made a way for us to be reconciled with Him, and enjoy His blessings, even in our fallen state, because Jesus paid the price.
>>
>>17620403
>Methinks you protest too much.
>once = too much.
Flawless logic. With that reasoning, you must love to suck dicks, and denying it would mean it's true because you would be "protesting too much."

Keep projecting you delusional faggot. I don't need anything from your monster of a "god"
>>
>>17620412

>>17620412
>A truly perfect god would be able to stand up to simple scrutiny, questioning, and criticism.

He does, and I'll explain, it is simple, read jeremiah 8:8

If the law was changed, and according to the bible we live among the sons of the devil, and the devil hates us... do you see what happened with the bible?

Also, see this:

>>17620409

And consider this: Weren't the christians supposed to be persecuted?

But it was alleged "heretics (whose heresies you don't know if actually were the ones they claim)" and "witches" and "devil" worshippers the ones that were persecuted.

Take good notice and do not trust them jesusbois, take a good look at what jesus says not to do, this seems rather unpleasing for mankind, does it not? To love your enemies? To let yourself be pillaged? You sure?
>>
>>17620420
>Mens' hands put ink to page but God controlled the hands. :)
...according to the book. Do you not understand what circular logic is?
>This book is right, because it says it's right, and what it says is right because it say's it's right...
That's what it's coming to.
>No one said that at all but you.
No, the bible goes on quite extensively about that "original sin" bullshit, and how we are "born in sin", and "with sin from birth" etc.
>Curses are broken by the Blood...
God "curses" us, can only lift curse with a human sacrifice... yeah, that sounds SO benevolent.
>God says that the marriage bed is not defiled
Really? Verse, please, because I'm unfamiliar with that one.
>NO. He's saving us from US
Bullshit. That's like putting a gun to someone's head, telling them to give you all their money or you'll shoot them, then saying they CHOSE to die by not giving you their money. That is the most bullshit shifting of responsibility I've ever seen.
>You just advocated sexual promiscuity
There you go with the fucking strawman again. Easy to argue against someone when you keep shoving fucking words in their mouth and trying to chose their argument for them.
>human predation and using other humans
Oh, like the slavery he condones?
>>Leviticus 25:44-46, Exodus 21:2-11
Ironic.
>...Jesus paid the price.
A price that a truly good god wouldn't have even demanded in the first place.
>>
>>17620435
>If the law was changed
Even the original was fucked up. Are you arguing for, or against the bible? You aren't making that very clear. And yes, I read the verse. Seems to be the one honest thing in the bible, if applied to itself.
>>
>>17620396
>Deuteronomy 22:28-29
>If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

It doesn't say "rape". It says "lie with". That means if a man has sex with a woman before he marries her, he is expected to compensate her father and marry the woman, as an honorable man would do. You're really reaching here...

>Deuteronomy 21:10-14
This one makes it clear raping female captives is OK too

"that thou wouldest have her to thy WIFE"

WIFE, bro. There is no mention of rape here, and God is not ADVOCATING anything, He is explaining how to handle MARRIAGES between God's people and foreign tribes, not rapes.

>Exodus 21:7-11
Even detailing how to go about selling your own daughter into slavery...

"If a man sells his daughter as a servant"

God is not saying its OK to sell daughters into slavery, He is acknowledging that some men do this, and explaining how to fix it when men do these evil things

>Exodus 21:20-21
Detailing how much you can beat your slaves...

"if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished."

The simple fact is people beat their slaves. God's not saying it's ok. He's saying it happens, and if you kill your slave, you've comitted murder.

You seem to be confusing God's acknowledgment of the evil that men do with advocacy. :)

Just because an evil event is described that men do, doesn't mean God WANTS it that way. :)

Nice try though.
>>
>>17620396
>inb4 "hurr old testament doesn't count"
according to Jesus, it does.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." - Jesus

What he means is that His sacrifice on the Cross fulfills all of the penalties of the Law for ALL sins, and now all of humanity lives in a state of Grace, where all sins are forgiven by His Blood sacrifice in your place. The Old testament Laws don't count anymore. They have been fulfilled by Christ on the Cross.

There's only Grace and Love now.
>>
>>17620440

>>17620440

Against: and you've seen it for yourself. There are true christians, but it works in a different way, just consider what I said about a loving father.

And trust no one.

Consider this: would not "devil worshipping witches" that do magic, be the actual christians being persecuted? Think about it, meanwhile, dressed as true christians the sons of the devil persecute the actual sons of GOD.
>>
>>17620449

Because "magic" is a miracle, meanwhile they lie and tell you to have "faith" (in their lies).
>>
>>17620399
>>And God forbids child killing:
>>"Do not permit any of your children to be offered as a sacrifice to Molech,
>That's specifically saying not to sacrifice children to Molech. Sacrifices to himself are apparently OK though.

Doesn't say that anywhere. If you can't provide a source, your assertion is inherently flawed.

>>blah blah Jesus gave his life blah blah
>Yes, I've heard that shit repeated a thousand fucking times, you are missing the point that only an evil god would demand a human sacrifice in the first place.

I've heard your post as well, and you're missing the point that Jesus wasn't human. Jesus was the Son of God and the second person of the Trinity, fully divine as well. And Jesus was actually planned for the mission of redeeming humanity through self sacrifice before humans were ever even created. Speaking of the end times:

"All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the Lamb's book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world." - Revelation 13:8

>>I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
>Oh, it says that? Well, let me just take what the fucking book says at face value. /sarcasm

You have free will to choose what to believe for yourself, but your beliefs in o way affect the objective Truth.

The sky doesn't need you to call it blue in order for it to be blue, Anon. You can call it green if you want, but it's still blue.
>>
>>17620407
>But then why does the Jesuit oath demand that they do this and more when they come upon the women and children of heathens?

The Jesuits are a human denomination.

Don't listen to the doctrines of men. Listen to the words of Jesus. Everything other than the words of Jesus in the New Testament are secondary in importance to HIS words.
>>
>>17620450

So there you have it, they went, said the truth, did miracles, and were accused of being witches and devil worshippers.
>>
>>17620444
I've seen several different versions, all of which are either rape, or "SIEZE HER and lie with her". It's pretty obvious, you're just wanting to deny it. It's forcing a rape victim to marry her assailant. Even if what you say is true, then refer to
>Deuteronomy 22:20-21
where the girl is to be killed for not being a virgin on wedding night.
>"that thou wouldest have her to thy WIFE"
way to ignore context. It is referring to FORCIBLY taking a woman you like as spoils of war, and MAKING her your wife. SHE has no say in it, and even says at the end that if you get tired of her and let her go, you only can't sell her into slavery because "since she was married to you under compulsion". But you want to imply that kidnapping a woman as a war prisoner and forcing her to marry you doesn't imply rape? yeah, sure, keep that denial strong.
>God is not saying its OK to sell daughters into slavery
Yes he is. If he wasn't, he would say "do not sell your daughter, or ANYONE into slavery, that's wrong", not detail specific rules on how to go about it as if it's just another tuesday.
>The simple fact is people beat their slaves. God's not saying it's ok.
Once again, by detailing the rules of how to go about it, he OKs it. If he didn't, he would have said "Don't beat slaves, in fact, don't have slaves. That's wrong"
>Just because an evil event is described that men do, doesn't mean God WANTS it that way.
He isn't just describing events, he is laying down rules of how to go about those things, and doesn't condemn slavery in particular at any point throughout the bible.

>Nice try though.
That's my line, now.
>>
>>17620409
>>>17620397 (You)
>>It was an act of Love. :)
>What kind of loving father has a son who is homosexual and doesn't like his son and love him for what it is?

God never said that he doesn't love homosexuals. Jesus said the exact opposite. There is no degree of sin, all have sinned and fallen short, and either Jesus' blood covers ALL sins, or none of them.

Answer: it covers ALL of them.

Just because preachers have pet sins doesn't mean God does.

>And consider GOD, what kind of loving FATHER who is also a GOD that has made HIS son gay because HE wanted this son to be gay and desired HIS son to be gay and even placed HIS son in gay situations would hate this gayhood that HE invented?

Who said God hates homosexuals?

Listen, God hates sin, not the sinners. That's why he made a way to save the sinners, that is, ALL of us, ok?

Does God WANT you doing sinful things that will hurt you? No. Because it will cheat you, steal from you, or hurt you. And He Loves you. But He will still permit you to do it and forgive you anyway, if you simply acknowledge to Him that you know what you're doing is wrong, and ask for forgiveness. Really, it's that simple.

You've heard bunches of humans preach against their pet sin, and because you engage in it, you think God hates you, when really God Loves you, and the people are misinterpreting God's covenant; a limited understanding and experience of Grace in Jesus Christ.

>And doesn't everything come from GOD, and isn't everything GOD made loved and desired by GOD?
>Well?

Of course, That's why he sent Jesus to the Cross to redeem every one of us.

>>GOD wants obedience
>And isn't this gay son being a homosexual like GOD wants of him?

You'd have to ask God about that. That's between that person and God what God wants that person to do.

"I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean." - Romans 14:14
>>
>>17620412
>>has the arrogance to presume "limited knowledge"
>That's a fucking riot. I was born and raised christian

It doesn't matter. You're a finite being and God is an Infinite Creator. You can never fully know Him or you would BE Him, and you're definitely not that. Therefore you have limited understanding. Arrogance is to presume creation can fully understand Creator. You can't.

>Can't have it both ways. That's a cop-out anyways. A truly perfect god would be able to stand up to simple scrutiny, questioning, and criticism. How fragile must his ego be if he has to basically say "no questioning"?

Nobody said that, least of all God.

>>It was an act of Love. :)
>No, it was an act of blood lust on your god's part. The fact that you can "smile" and talk good about a fucking human sacrifice (I'll say it as many times as needed to sink in, because that's what it fucking is) is completely sickening.

You can say it until you're blue in the face, but Jesus was the Son of God, not a human. He was fully divine as well. So Jesus' sacrifice was a form of SELF sacrifice on God's part, to redeem us all even though the Law said "no".

>>If God can cause the Universe to..
>stopping you right there. Your god CLAIMS that in a book written by a human.

As I said before, if God can make a Universe work with clockwork perfection, He can certainly make a book come together the way He wants. Human hands wrote the letters, but God inspired the words.

"ll Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." - 2 Timothy 3:16

>You might as well be trying to sell me on worshiping Cthulhu

Good luck with that.

I'm not trying to sell you on anything, I don't need to.
>>
>>17620447
>what he means...
No. You are adding meaning to it that was never implied to try and justify the narrative you already decided for it. That's not what it SAYS though. He says that he didn't come to destroy the law, then you try to twist it to mean he did exactly that.By trying to interpret it so broadly, you violated 2 Peter 20, which says
>20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
Also, You should include the ENTIRE context, as next was

>Matthew 5:18-19
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

and another for good measure
>Luke 16:17
17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

He's pretty clear that the old laws still apply. You don't get any more blatant than this.
>>
>>17620418
>Nice strawman, faggot. I never said that. Why don't you read the entire post before responding, you fucking window licking, middle school dropout

Insults are for the weak-minded. That's charming, but do you have a point?
>>
>>17620478

Are you saying that what GOD wanted you to do is a sin?

>free will

And omnipotence still keeps things in check.
>>
>>17620435
>Take good notice and do not trust them jesusbois, take a good look at what jesus says not to do, this seems rather unpleasing for mankind, does it not? To love your enemies? To let yourself be pillaged? You sure?

"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord." - Romans 12:19

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap." - Galatians 6:7

Sadly, some people gotta learn the hard way not to mess with God's children. It doesn't make me happy this has to be this way, it makes me sad, for it's a fearful thing.
>>
>>17620490

If the spirit is strong, and flesh weak, and you still fall into the "sin" of bestiality, wasn't the spirit commanding there?

Well?

Get out of this one.
>>
>>17620493

And we just proved that your bible lies and you still keep at it like the faggot you are.

Take a look at this and explain:

>>17620495
>>
>>17620453
>Doesn't say that anywhere
It says it RIGHT IN THE FUCKING VERSE YOU POSTED
You provided your own source on that you fucking retard, first part of Leviticus 18:21!

And now you're quoting revelations, the detailed account of someone's bad acid trip. joy. If there is any truth to it at all, then your god would be the beast. He's got a lot of worshipers now, after all...

>but your beliefs in no* way affect the objective truth
Oh gods, the irony hurts on this one haha. The "objective" truth is that your god has done horrible things, your book has nothing to back up it's credence other than it's own word, and the entirety of your argument is still "It's like this because the book says so, and the book is right because it's like this", looping back around.
>>17620482
>It doesn't matter. You're a finite being
yep
>and God is an Infinite Creator.
So says a book that can only refer back to itself for it's own validity. I can write a book too, and claim that Odin created the world in half an hour, and that the book is true because Odin inspired me to write it. Circular logic can be used for all sorts of claims.
>As I said before, if God can make a Universe work with clockwork perfection
IF***. You're just assuming that your god is the creator as it claims. Because he got a guy to write it in a book.
>He can certainly make a book come together the way He wants
It doesn't take a god to do that. Anyone can put a book together, and you can literally write anything you want in one, including how it was "inspired by the creator" and that "everything in this book is truth" and that you know you can trust it because it "says so right here".

I'm done, I've got work to do, and I'm tired of trying to educate your retarded ass. You don't even know what's in your own damn "holy" book
>>
>>17619531
No, serial killer / cannibal
>>
>>17620438
>>Mens' hands put ink to page but God controlled the hands. :)
>...according to the book. Do you not understand what circular logic is?

The most powerful validations for the legitimacy of the Bible is the number of prophecies that came true, and the historical accuracy. Google "Biblical Archaeology".

>No, the bible goes on quite extensively about that "original sin" bullshit, and how we are "born in sin", and "with sin from birth" etc.

Are you saying that humans don't sin from birth? I've seen children so young they can't even speak, strike another child in anger. That's natural, not taught.

>>Curses are broken by the Blood...
>God "curses" us, can only lift curse with a human sacrifice... yeah, that sounds SO benevolent.

God didn't curse humans, humans cursed humans, when they didn't listen to God, and listened to Satan instead. God said "don't eat the fruit of knowledge of good and evil". Satan said "you're missing out". Humans listened to Satan, humans were cursed and now are mortal and die. Jesus' blood redeemed that curse and created eternal life for all.

>>God says that the marriage bed is not defiled
>Really? Verse, please, because I'm unfamiliar with that one.

"Marriage is honorable among all, and the marriage bed undefiled.” - Hebrews 13:4

>Oh, like the slavery he condones?
>>>Leviticus 25:44-46, Exodus 21:2-11
>Ironic.

"IF you buy a slave..."

Slavery is not condoned here, it is acknowledged as a reality of the old world, and instructions are given not to mistreat slaved IF YOU BUY them. Humans have free will, you know.

>>...Jesus paid the price.
>A price that a truly good god wouldn't have even demanded in the first place.

Again, you are a finite, created being attempting to judge an Infinite Creator God. You simply aren't qualified. If you are, then by all means, change things. :)
>>
>>17620511

You're taking good care not to answer this:

>>17620495
>>
>>17620511
>number of prophecies that came true
Oh? Which prophecies are those? Don't give me that "google X" bullshit. Give me the verses.
>Are you saying that humans don't sin from birth?
What sin has a newborn committed?
>God didn't curse humans, humans cursed humans
No, that's trying to shift the blame again. If humans had no knowledge of good and evil, how would were they supposed to know any better in the first place? If god didn't WANT them to eat from the tree, why even have it within their reach? An entire universe to hide that tree in, and he put it next to the humans who don't know right from wrong, and expect them not to eat from it? They couldn't have known it was wrong without the knowledge. He put them in a catch 22. besides, the Genesis story is veritably false. The bible goes through the entire "lineage" from adam to jesus, and when added up, shows between 4,000-6,000 years from from adam to jesus. We've found stone monuments older than that, so the narrative the entire thing is based on is flat out false.
>Slavery is not condoned here, it is acknowledged as a reality of the old world, and instructions are given not to mistreat slaved IF YOU BUY them. Humans have free will, you know.
Once again, any good god would have said, at least at some point, "Owning people is wrong, you shouldn't do it" instead of laying down rules for HOW to do it, which implies that it's OK. He did say not to murder, rather than giving instructions on how to murder properly, but couldn't bother with slavery, which is arguably worse than death?
>attempting to judge a *self proclaimed* Infinite Creator God
I have been given no good reason at all to trust anything written in the book that makes this claim, nor any reason to trust the word of the being that supposedly "inspired" such a sickening tale.
>by all means, change things
trying to by educating retards like you, and my patience is spent. You're a lost cause, just kill yourself.
out

>evilbible.com
>>
>>17620531

Don't listen to him, never pay attention, look at the bitch not answering this.

>>17620495
>>
there is only one god who wants us call as Allah other religions before islam are broken with same structure by mankind so there is no other choice left
>>
>>17619026
I really hope you are baiting.

Seriously, there isn't one single shred of proof that either God, Jesus or any other "prophet" exists or has ever existed.

The general "non-religious" opinion is that the bible, quran etc are all just collections of stories, metaphors, myths and half-truths.

The Noah story appears in almost all religions under a different guise, including those before Christianity. Most of the Christian Bible is ripped from other religions.
>>
>>17620559
>The Noah story appears in almost all religions under a different guise
so it is basically proven? what else?
>>
>>17620559
christians has changed orginal bible (jews as well) they upgraded jesus to a god level but he was just a prophet and human so it is fucked, there is no option
>>
Of course, you have only two options. Christianity or ateism. Grow up a little, the we'll talk
>>
>>17620476

>>17620444 (You)
I've seen several different versions, all of which are either rape, or "SIEZE HER and lie with her".

The KJV translates Strongs H8610 (תָּפַשׂ tâphas) in the following manner: take (27x), taken (12x), handle (8x), hold (8x), catch (4x), surprised (2x). "Rape" does not appear anywhere.

But that's beside the point. You're missing the point that acknowleding something happens is not the same as advocating it. I acknowledge people rob liquor stores, I don't advocate it. See?

>Deuteronomy 22:20-21 where the girl is to be killed for not being a virgin on wedding night.

This occurred under the near-paleolithic archaic historic times. She was not stoned for not being a virgin, but for carrying out a deception in trying to appear as one. I don't advocate any type of honor killing, I'm simply stating what the cultural context was.

>SHE has no say in it,

It doesn't say that. If it does, please provide verse.

>But you want to imply that kidnapping a woman as a war prisoner and forcing her to marry you doesn't imply rape? yeah, sure, keep that denial strong.

It doesn't say any of that.

>Once again, by detailing the rules of how to go about it, he OKs it. If he didn't, he would have said "Don't beat slaves, in fact, don't have slaves. That's wrong"

Th einstruction acknowledges two ugly facts: 1. there was slavery, and 2. masters beat their slaves. In those cases, the warning here is that if you beat a slave to death, you committ murder.
>>
>>17620476
>Just because an evil event is described that men do, doesn't mean God WANTS it that way.
>>doesn't condemn slavery in particular at any point throughout the bible.

“Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” (Exodus 21:16).
Similarly, in the New Testament, slave-traders are listed among those who are “ungodly and sinful” and are in the same category as those who kill their fathers or mothers, murderers, adulterers and perverts, and liars and perjurers (1 Timothy 1:8–10).

>He isn't just describing events, he is laying down rules of how to go about those things

No. The scripture is mitigating a circumstance that is unavoidable. Men choose to do evil. These verses described what, under the Law of Moses, was to be done.

The KEY POINT you're msising is that the Law of Moses is GONE now. That Law was given to ancient tribal people to preventtotalk chaos, and to enable technological advancement of the species. The NEw Covenant is in place now, And the Old Covenant is supplanted by what Jesus did on the Cross when He shed His blod abroad so that there are no more stonings, or beatings, or other legalistic punishments to keep order anymore, in a religious context.

That's called progress.
>>
>>17620559
>The Noah story appears in almost all religions under a different guise

No... most cultures which developed near large bodies of water have stories about the world being flooded. Most cultures which developed in ice and snow heavy areas have stories about the entire world being frozen over. Cultures which developed near volcanoes have stories of massive eruptions covering the whole world.

Doesn't necessarily mean these things actually happened.
>>
File: asdfam.gif (1 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
asdfam.gif
1 MB, 480x320
>>17620593
Markury of the Beast
do not convert
christians R zombies and their scientists are actively sterilizing,mutalating,mutating and spraying us
>>
>>17620559
>Seriously, there isn't one single shred of proof that either God, Jesus or any other "prophet" exists or has ever existed.

Not true.

Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrin of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done; they also sent to the king, desiring him to send to Ananus that he should act so no more, for that what he had already done was not to be justified; nay, some of them went also to meet Albinus, as he was upon his journey from Alexandria, and informed him that it was not lawful for Ananus to assemble a sanhedrin without his consent. Whereupon Albinus complied with what they said, and wrote in anger to Ananus, and threatened that he would bring him to punishment for what he had done; on which king Agrippa took the high priesthood from him, when he had ruled but three months, and made Jesus, the son of Damneus, high priest.

Flavius Josephus: Antiquities of the Jews Book 20, Chapter 9, 1[25] For Greek text see [3]
>>
>>17620559
>Seriously, there isn't one single shred of proof that either God, Jesus or any other "prophet" exists or has ever existed.

About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Christ. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared.

Flavius Josephus: Antiquities of the Jews, Book 18, Chapter 3, 3[52]
>>
>>17619026
x/ problems
>>
You don't "choose" a religion, so much as fall into one.
If you find atheism to be empty, you're doing atheism wrong.
>>
>>17620612
>not true
>refers to another bible as proof

This is why people laugh at Christans now. You're like dogs barking at the moon.

I wish you'd all just fucking grow up and think rationally. It's a hinderance to humanity that so many follow a book of bullshit. It's nothing but a cult, and a fucking retarded one at that.
>>
>>17619031
Personally, don't convert to Islam. The majority of the world hates them, and I wouldn't be surprised if something similar to the holocaust happens to the Islamic population. However, no one is going to care, because Muslims have been pissing people off all over the world for years now.
>>
File: Hail Satan.jpg (27 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
Hail Satan.jpg
27 KB, 400x580
>>17619198
>>
I like it when Christians kill other Christians because God told them to, then other Christians call THEM crazy.

>ohh they must've been sick in the head
>praise jesus
>he will forgive them

Kek.
>>
>>17620509
Prove it
>>
>>17619177
>>17619132
>>17619065
>>17619052
What if you're Anglo?
What should I do as an Englishman?
>>
I am going through some kind of depression I've never had much in my life and I don't want much but I do feel lonely (I have no friends) and feel empty, there's not really any reason to wake up in the morning, I've struggled spiritually for a long time, I've looked at many religions in the process and learns bits and bobs about them, I want to believe in something but I find it difficult to do this.
How can I become a religious person?
They seem more happier and content, I want to be like that.
>>
>>17619026
Buddhism, dude.
>>
>>17620798
kek the buddhism meme
buddhism only seems exotic because we live in the West
>>
File: 1444246350607.jpg (91 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1444246350607.jpg
91 KB, 846x846
Lutheran. Since your American you shpuld check out the LCMS, the ECLA are very liberal from what I gather.
>>
>>17619026
roman catholic
>>
File: 1456248163061.jpg (105 KB, 779x424) Image search: [Google]
1456248163061.jpg
105 KB, 779x424
>>17620682
>>
File: tumblr_o1091adX9H1qz6z2wo1_400.gif (2 MB, 350x231) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1091adX9H1qz6z2wo1_400.gif
2 MB, 350x231
>>17619026
I am Catholic, in my group of friends are Catholics, Christians, Hindus and atheists and we all get along great.

One of my Catholic friends born and raised in that belief chose in her adult life to convert to Buddhism.

If you're an atheist that wants some kind of spiritual meaning I'd suggest to just be over all spiritual in more than just science. But learning the basic history and meanings and principals of several beliefs would help narrow it down.
>>
>>17620816
I rather like Buddhist beliefs but it seems like the west has turned it into a fashion statement rather than a system of beliefs.
It's kind of sad
>>
Catholic

>Sacraments which do change one's interior drammaticaly if done properly
>saintification by grace
>sustainable faith by Scripture, Magistrate and Tradition
>many sources such as spiritual book of high illustration from Saints and virgins
>role models which can be useful to discover your path and general truth
>miracles unexplained by atheist scientific community - see Napoles annual miracle or miracle of Lankiano

There are many signs as well
>>
>>17621536

And the most important thing: founded by God, Jesus, not by man like all others
>>
>>17619026
C⥈nvert int⥈ being a better pers⥈n
>>
>>17619026
Islam
No really, its pretty great.
Im a Muslim, and I absolutely hate other Muslims
Islam is a good religion to practice just don't get involved with any other Muslims while doing so
They suck.
>>
>>17621536
>miracles unexplained by atheist scientific community

lmao guess again. wat is occult science
>>
>>17621047
I know you're trolling me and it's bait.....but....no. I'm not going to say anything, because I know the truth.
>>
Abrahamic religions are cancer.. they're not the best choice of religion.
>>
>>17621788
>says the larping 'pagan'
>>
pastafarian or echsian
>>
>>17619026
become a gnostic christian
jesus would be happy with that.
>>
File: 1461470547369.png (435 KB, 795x1022) Image search: [Google]
1461470547369.png
435 KB, 795x1022
>>17620509
/thread

good night folks
>>
>>17619026
Jesus is Lord!
Believe in Jesus. Find a fun faithful church who are focused on love not hate.
>>
>>17619026
One invisible sky-daddy's as good as another, it won't change the fact that everyone dies one day, but I guess if you have some gaping hole to fill, there are (slightly) worse things to fill it with, like meth. If you HAVE to be religious, at least don't be one of the countless dickbags who use it to justify preexisting prejudices ("Gays make me uncomfortable, and the bible says they're bad, so I guess that means I have the divinely granted right to scream, curse, and throw things and every gay person I come across"
>>
>>17623430
>love not hate.
Except those godless, sinful gays and people who get abortions, amirite? God says they're bad, so it's okay to hate THEM, right?
>>
>>17621577
Muslim hell's even worse than Christian hell, it's not even just "You suffer forever and ever", it's "You suffer forever and ever AND have every remotely pleasant memory from your life removed, because you're hated by Allah."

That's an even less "loving" god than Yahweh.
>>
Have you considered Buddhism?

Modern Christianity is kinda nuts.
>>
Might I suggest NON DENOMINATIONAL christianity? For those of us that believe Jesus was the son of god and died on the cross for mankinds sins, but not too sure of how much of the bible the dirty king james corrupted and destoryed. I feel the love inside me.
>>
>>17619026
Convert to autism and fucking kiill ur self
>>
>>17619703
>>17619825
>>17619891
Same faggot.
>>
>>17619026
Just read Matthew through John or just one of them. See what you think, if the teaching of Jesus Christ resonate with you. Read more of the New Testament but personally I don't see the word of the apostles as binding. I never really sought out others to share my faith with, if that's the kind of thing you're after just join a big church, in the US Catholics and Baptists make a really big deal out of it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a big bombastic show of faith by the way, I'm not being bitchy, it's just not for me.
>>
>>17624030
I lost.
>>
>>17619878

Who are you to judge others? I submit to you that the only person being foolish and ignorant is you, my friend.
>>
>>17620680
>This is why people laugh at Christans now. You're like dogs barking at the moon.

Actually Christianity is the worlds largest faith.

>I wish you'd all just fucking grow up and think rationally. It's a hinderance to humanity that so many follow a book of bullshit. It's nothing but a cult, and a fucking retarded one at that.

So you can't admit you are wrong, and pagan Roman historians like Flavius Jocephus actyally recorded historical evidence of Jesus performing miracles?

So you resort to ad hominem name-calling attacks because you lack a rational basis to argue?

It sounds like you're the one being laughed at by any rational logical fact-finder in this case, now doesn't it? :)

Otherwise make a counterpoint if you can. But you can't.

Don't worry, we'll wait...
>>
>>17620779
>I am going through some kind of depression I've never had much in my life and I don't want much but I do feel lonely (I have no friends) and feel empty, there's not really any reason to wake up in the morning, I've struggled spiritually for a long time, I've looked at many religions in the process and learns bits and bobs about them, I want to believe in something but I find it difficult to do this.
>How can I become a religious person?
>They seem more happier and content, I want to be like that.

Pray to God and ask Him to reveal Himself to you in Jesus' name.

He will.

You must first believe:

1. God exists.

2. He answers those who diligently seek Him.

That's all, Anon.
>>
>>17623432
>One invisible sky-daddy's as good as another, it won't change the fact that everyone dies one day, but I guess if you have some gaping hole to fill, there are (slightly) worse things to fill it with, like meth. If you HAVE to be religious, at least don't be one of the countless dickbags who use it to justify preexisting prejudices ("Gays make me uncomfortable, and the bible says they're bad, so I guess that means I have the divinely granted right to scream, curse, and throw things and every gay person I come across"

1. Jesus does to cover the sins of gay people as well as straight, because God loves everybody, so you can put your red herring away now.

2. Just because God is invisible to you doesn't mean He's not there. I'm invisible to you, and I exist. The objective existence of a thing is independent of your ability or desire to perceive it.
>>
>>17623439
>Except those godless, sinful gays and people who get abortions, amirite? God says they're bad, so it's okay to hate THEM, right?

NO, it's not okay.

Christianity doesn't say that because Jesus didn't say that.

Some misguided people did.

So let the blame fall where it should, with the people.
>>
>>17623432
Hmm, wait a second, let me find it...
Oh! Leviticus 20:13, " If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Care to explain that one?
>>
>>17624538
>Everything in the bible is true!
>Except the parts that contradict certain modern morals, those weren't divinely inspired like the rest of it
>>
>>17619047
You're in luck then.

Most Protestant and Orthodox sects simply believe in just believing. Of course there's the prayer and all that, but the prayer doesn't necessarily save you, it's a relationship with God (whatever you take that as). With Catholicism, or more specifically Roman Catholicism, you have to follow all of those newer and likely false doctrines and follow words of the pope. If you're not into the pope, and I don't blame you if you aren't, then the faith way is the way to go. Faith or works is what you have to decide. Now, basic Catholicism uses works to prove faith among other men, so don't confuse that with always obeying the pope which is specific to Roman Catholicism. If you want simplicity and a lack of being told what to do, any simple church that is Protestant and isn't Mormon is your best bet. Easy faith, little to no required rituals, and they shouldn't be as pushy despite the stereotypes. These are really the churches where you can be more progressive or conservative and no one cares, and do that thing most folks do where you're more of a Christian on Sundays and less on other days. Only criteria is to make sure that you actually believe, or else it's all pointless.

I was reared in a Protestant Christian home as such, so of course I have a bias and am trying to see you join my faith, but what do you expect? Nowadays I identify as more of an enlightened agnostic, or one who believes in a God but believes that it isn't one of the known man made gods. Something a bit more higher up and serious. You can follow my path too if you want, but I will warn you that I only got here through a series of existential crisises.
>>
>>17619452
You into the book of revelations?
>>
>>17619026
Not Christianity. Christianity gets you people like Westboro Baptist Church.
>>
>>17624601
>Hmm, wait a second, let me find it...
>Oh! Leviticus 20:13, " If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
>Care to explain that one?

Sure.

The Bible is crystal clear. Levitical Law and the Holiness Code are for the children of Israel before the coming of Jesus Christ. They are not for Christians.

The following verses are pretty clear, aren't they?
“The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, [the Jewish nation] who are all of us here alive THIS DAY.” Deu 5:3.

Christians do not show up in scripture until Acts 11:26, some fifteen hundred years after the Holiness Code was given. The New Testament never instructs us that Christians must live under Jewish Law or that Christians must observe Jewish rituals practiced by Old Testament Jews.

The Cross Is The Great Dividing Point:

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” (Galatians 3:10)

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse for us. (Galatians 3:13)

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. (Galatians 5:1)

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law. (Galatians 5:18).

For whoever keeps the whole Law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. (James 2:10)

"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" And Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (Matt. 22:34-40)
>>
>>17624617
>Not Christianity. Christianity gets you people like Westboro Baptist Church.

NO.

Christian EXTREMISM gets you people like Westboro Baptist Church.

Just like Muslim EXTREMISM gets you people like AlQueda and ISIS.

EXTREMISM is the enemy, not any particular faith or culture.
>>
>1 person believing something batshit crazy is "insane"
>10 people believing something batshit crazy is a "cult"
>Several billion people believing something batshit crazy is a "religion"
This will never not amuse me.
>>
>lacking a delusional and wish fulfilling coping mechanism of a belief system is so empty bro
Ok no just because you're like that doesn't mean everyone is.
It's entirely possible to have hopes, dreams, a family and a career, and still accept the meaningless nature of reality.
You just need to have the strength of will required to conduct yourself according to your own values, instead of living by someone else's values which they/you attribute to their deity of choice.
Religions were invented in a time when it was overwhelmingly easier for political/cultural leaders to attract loyal conforming followers and regulate their behaviour through exploitative mystical threats and bribes, than it was to earn them honestly and legitimately.
If you're alive in 2016 and you still need that bribe/threat to get you through the day then there is something wrong with you.
You should be strong and smart enough to live peacefully and prosper without these sorts of coping mechanisms.
Please note I am not specifically against religion or spirituality.
I am against all behaviour that relies on the valuing of sentiment/emotion over indisputable fact.
It would take one generation of humans operating entirely without this deficiency, as well as without excessive individualism/egotism, to end all the worlds problems except natural disasters.
Even if that never happens I think we're better off to try than not.
>>
>>17620148
Considering that you can't look past the Roman Catholic Church, I can't tell if you're just being ignorant or knowledge has been obstructed from you by either someone sheltering you from us or some bigger deal.
The point is, you sound like a fedora tipping faggot. Look beyond the human transgression of the idiotic mega churches. Look beyond the people in a religion, and look at what a religion actually is. It's the ignorance and lack of education disguised as enlightenment of new age atheism and agnosticism that has made me decide that I'd never identify with such beliefs, even though I may even hold them closely. You can call me a coward or ignorant for choosing that train of thought, but then that makes you no better.
>>
>>17624629
>>1 person believing something batshit crazy is "insane"
>>10 people believing something batshit crazy is a "cult"
>>Several billion people believing something batshit crazy is a "religion"
>This will never not amuse me.

And yet it's an ad-hominem attack completely devoid of logic and reason, which amuses the rational fact-finders and philosophers of the world.
>>
>>17620340
It's posts like this that remind me I am posting on 4chan, the home of /b/ and simply an anime and pornography sharing forum.
>>
Become a Cathar. They were pretty cool.
>>
>>17624625
good post. you ever read anthroposophy?
>>
>>17624648
>>>17624625 (You)
>good post. you ever read anthroposophy?

Nope, but I sure would like to if it's any good.
>>
>>17624649
I think it would be up your alley.

you can start here http://wn.rsarchive.org/search=mode?query=christ&mode=title
>>
>>17624644
>devoid of logic and reason
Explain. How is a billion people believing in Caesar, Lord of Salad because of some dusty desert-dweller book and less nonsensical than a billion people believing in God/Yahweh, who created literally everything in 6 days, because of some dusty desert-dweller book?
>>
>>17619026
I don't get this. How will you start believing something? Can you control what you believe is true?
>>
>>17624744
Arbitrarily decide "You know what? I think that ____ is true."
>>
>>17619026
gnosticism or deism if you're still into thinking for yourself, especially if you don't need a church or stable community.

Episcopal or Anglican otherwise, they're generally secular. Catholics are getting there, though, once they stop with the no condoms shit.
>>
>>17619039
But Pope Francis is the best we've had in a long time
>>
>>17624983
>Pope Francis
>Best

I find him horrifically bad. He gives speeches on why WE need to do things to help others, why WE need to give money. Why WE need to not have guns, why WE have to give up on XYZ....yet he has rings, clothing, and a hat that is worth enough money to feed half of Africa.

He's worse IMO, because he's so overtly hypocritical.
>>
>>17619026
Paganism is your best bet if you want religion that fulfills spiritual longing without trying to control your body or mind.
>>
>>17619026
Pray for guidance, read the Psalms, try to read the rest of the bible and then read some of the classics of theology.
I won't tell you WHO to read not to influence you to a particular denomination. When people talk about their denomination pay attention to who accuses who of satanism and who would just like to reunite the whole of the Church. Pray as much as you can. I guarantee you'll know who to join.
>>
>>17624954
Yes but we are not talking about which team is better. We are talking about an insanely huge question. You can't decide the true answer. You have to deduce the true answer and somehow justify it, even stupidly. But it's certainly not a decision. At best your decide to act as if X is true, which is far from been a religious person. Actually now that I think about it that's what most Christians do. They act as if th believe and they do it for so long that they have actually fooled themselves that they do believe...
>>
File: pope francis.jpg (649 KB, 600x483) Image search: [Google]
pope francis.jpg
649 KB, 600x483
>>17624995
As if the other popes haven't done exactly the same
At least he tells you people to be christian and not assholes
>>
>>17625247
Pope Francis has nothing to do with Christianity.
>>
>>17625253
>Pope Francis has nothing to do with Christianity.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>17625258
He's just this thread's obligatory evangelical. Ignore him.
>>
>>17625258
Pope Francis, the Black Pope, is the head of Catholicism.

Catholics and Christians are two separate and warring groups, as this papist asshole inferred. >>17625267
>>
>>17625227

Jesus rose from the dead after claiming to be God.

Literally no reason not to believe the truth.
>>
>>17625304
I correctly inferred it because you people allways post the same bullshit.
>>
>>17625325
Yes, the truth does not change. It has a bad habit of always being the truth, and always staying the same. Not an attractive quality for people who lie, and who love lies, and who love people who make beautiful lies.
>>
>>17619026
I'm a non denominational Christian. I know Catholics and other denominations and stuff are more symbolic and traditional and at times seem almost like a cult. I don't think think you're going to go to hell for believing communion is either symbolic or literal or having an old ornate church vs a new bland church or wearing jeans and a t shirt vs a suit to church. A lot of the differences end here aside from Catholics which do things a bit different, but it's the same religion at the core.
>>
>>17625335
>>the truth does not change.
Like the Church. Still the same since Nicaea where things were formalized.
Still the same since St Patrick, that allready wrote of known dogmas of the Church, and of St Augustine.
You evangelicals allways say we went wrong somewhere but you can never decide where, and you agree with us on most of everything since 1500, when the Reformation stuck. Reformers also allways proved unable To decide at wich Council, exactly, the devil entered the Church.
You'd think that'd be an important detail to settle on. Protip: if you choose any council untill Trent, you contradict your religion on something be it trinitarism or Christology. If you choose Trent, the reformation was allready on by then.
I'm sure every evangelical i net untill now was just misguided and you'll be able to convert me to the True Church if the Lord so desires.
>>17625340
Neither do we. You'll be judged by your faith and your actions (that reveal your faith and God's grace in you).
>>
>>17625316
Nice try troll.
>>
don't. All Abrahamic religion is a scam made up by the Jews. Look into Celtic Paganism if you're looking for a good religion that makes sense and doesn't require membership fees. Also asatru is pretty cool. Just steer clear of Abrahamism bro it's no way to live.
>>
Mah nigga
>>
>>17620774
Become a Norse pagan ofc. But associate yourself with the AFA, don't join the redditruars.
>>
>2000 + 16
>worshipping a kike on a twig approved by the ADL
>not creating your own gods
>not becoming your own god
also
>posting a pic of a crusader
>actually bragging about losing every crusade except the first one
lel christcucks are dumb.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.