[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spiritual Enlightenment, what is it? Do you seek it /x/? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4
File: 010-girls-meditating.jpg (176 KB, 550x362) Image search: [Google]
010-girls-meditating.jpg
176 KB, 550x362
Spiritual Enlightenment, what is it? Do you seek it /x/?

What is the essential teaching to realize it? It is often considered taboo to discuss, as it is somewhat of a contradiction to conceptualize the unconditioned, but I think we are at a state in society where plenty of people will be enlightened. (I am not claiming enlightenment btw). Does anyone here claim to be enlightened and wish to share on the topic?
>>
>>17600669
I'm still torn between God and Aliens. Isn't Christian path to enlightenment like just being kind and self-sacrificial and repenting? Otherwise if there's aliens what kind of enlightenment would be found?
>>
>>17600669
Leave this place
>>
Lurking for curiosity
>>
In my opinion people are making something out of enlightenment that it's not, it's really quite simple, the people who are en-lightened, they shine with happiness, they seek to learn, they understood fully and made a part of themselves different kinds of ideas and truths that make them fearless, loving and loved, intelligent, accepting, the kind of people who look at things from higher point of view, that don't trap themselves in their own ego, that understand we are each complex consciousness guided only by our understanding of happiness, that everything you do has consequences, that are aware enough to themselves and the external world to rid themselves of all kinds of unpure thoughts, thoughts that are a lot of times just a product of culture and are not really a part of yourself, that are not the kind of energy and feeling and ideas you truly want to think to yourself or convey to others, and endless other realizations one could have on the nature of reality and existence, for me this is what enlightenment is, sure their are different levels of enlightenment and one who is truly enlightened is so sure of himself and he his a master of his own reality to such a degree that even the smallest considerations are not things he thinks about, he doesn't need to think if he wants tea or coffee, or if he wants to go to the bathroom or meditate, he knows exactly what to do at all times in the "small" things and especially so in the "bigger" ones, maybe not everyone would agree with my definition as it seems to be a controversial subject, but I didn't came here to argue, just to give my honest opinion.
>>
I sought it, but found it's not impact in the natural scheme of things as one may think. Unless you prescribe to a religion in which its endgame (Buddhism and most new age spirtuality), you may feel the same.

Live a full life in face of the suffering, understand the impact your culture has on you, and just be a generally observant person and you're enlightened enough
>>
>>17600701
>>17600708
I like this. I like this a lot.
Well advocated anon~
>>
>>17600692
God lives in the human body, and It lives off and in nature. Your (concept of) god is a tiny sliver of the almighty.
>>
>It is often considered taboo to discuss

By who? Since when?
>>
>>17600669
I'm interested in spiritual stuff, meditation etc. but the culture that surrounds it is completely cancer

If i have to sit through a conversation with some white 20 year old chick talking about fucking crystal healing and meditation again I will murder someone
>>
>>17600748
She(they) are obviously not enlightened.
>>
>>17600748
Sounds like someone's asking the universe to send him an elderly Indian to talk about crystals and meditation!
>>
>>17600748

But what if her crystals healed her?
>>
>>17600669
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXodFgbDfQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLg4AV60uWY

/Thread.
>>
Would bang chick in the picture
>>
>>17600813
ok?
>>
>>17600691
>inb3muhMasterVirtues
I can't imagine an alien's morality to be similar to any slave morality such as Christianity.
>>
Sup x
I'm enlightened Ama
>>
Enlightenment
Is simple
I won't give any hints other than that how to become a Buddha
>>
>>17600813
This desu senpai
altho I'd bang most anything these days
still dat tight enlightened pussai
>>
>>17600669
Enlightenment is self explanatory it's what this guy says>>17600701

Though there's also learning the truth, which could be a type of enlightenment. The truth could be said to be that the universe it based on consciousness, life is not a coinicidence of the universe but an integral part of it. Everything is life etc... but it is also noteworthy that truth is only a point of view, a perception, and so every perception is in essence as true as any perception, but we can perceive a higher truth which encapsulates all truths, which is achieved by throwing out assumptions.

It's kind of an obvious truth when you think about it enough, it's something that contradicts what the average thinks life is most of the time, but in a way there's also an emptiness in people, a kind of blank unsayable truth that people tap into when they are relaxed. It's the feeling that trumps all facts one thinks is known, the kind of feeling that the universe is so massive and mysterious that we are mere dwarfs, all our facts and rules are mere comforts for the time being, which in a way we have embraced despite its illusory quality.

Scientists believe in the gods of math and empiricism even though it has in a way betrayed them by quantum mechanics, which ironically I think has freed their thinking. Consciousness research is becoming more popular, though it's still considered a fringe subject, considered wish washy and diluted by "wishful thinking". That's because people don't yet want to expand and drop all of the illusion we're embroiled in, though we'll soon have to start confronting the ideas that are spreading and what they mean.

In terms of morality, every situation is different and should be appreciated as such. When you consider some people consider morals as "for the good of mankind" and some it should be to consider other's feelings, to empathise, you realise all it is is another word that cannot be counted upon. There is no right or wrong
>>
>>17601271
u chill bro?
>>
>>17601398
i'm topchill senpai
>>
>>17601271
How do enlihgetend?
>>
I just want to know god, but I know that can't happen until I die.

At least it's something to look forward to.

I'm pretty sure I'll have to spend some time in purgatory though, so that will suck.
>>
>>17600669

>Spiritual Enlightenment, what is it?

Every doctrine has their own idea of what it means, but it generally means the kind of deep transformative insight that you get from mental ascetic disciplines

>Do you seek it /x/?

To seek it is to deviate from it

>What is the essential teaching to realize it?

No teaching is the essential teaching.

>Does anyone here claim to be enlightened and wish to share on the topic?

I've practiced meditation for some time and had a few insight experiences. Wouldn't bother claiming the big E-word, whatever that actually means, seems like an awful lot of responsibility. My experiences were not some special mystic event, but a very deep and subtle insight when the mind is still, so still that it is beyond stillness and movement, into a state without concepts, separations, time etc. It's like infinity being reflected at itself. It's not that it means something specific, but rather, it's a kind of remembrance, a recognition that you seemed to have lost and can't put into words. It's overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time... maybe you'll cry your guts out, or laugh, and all of a sudden you're back in your ordinary life, and you realize "this is that", this ordinary, dull and frustrating life is a facet of that eternity that you seemed to have forgotten about. It's astonishingly simple if you are ready to abandon whatever obstacles you put up in your head and devote yourself to stilling the mind. Won't fix any of your human problems if you still worry about those. It has the potential to utterly free you up, but you have to cultivate it, maybe try to integrate it into your daily life. That can be very difficult, but the insight draws you, follows you around, you don't want to forget it.
>>
>>17600669
>uses computer daily to browse /x/
>thinks spiritual enlightenment can be done from your basement
>does not require traveling and giving up all materialistic possessions
>>
Imagine now a round black ball as the universe. Now add billions of dots to the surface of that ball in all different colors, shapes and sizes to represent all that exists within the universe.

Here's the deal. We currently live in a deluded state of being, a state of duality, where we see ourselves and everything else as different from one another, when that really just is an illusion.

You see, we believe the ball to be different from the dots, and the dots to be different from the ball, when in reality they are both one and the same whole. They imply eachother and simply cannot exists independantly from one another. Just like two sides of a coin might seem different from one another, so to are they truly one and the same.

If you go to the fundamental core of your own existence, you'll realize that you are simply but existence itself, experiencing itself. Nothing more, nothing less. So to is everyone and everything else.

The moment we start naming everything, is the moment we separate ourselves from the rest, we become blind to what truly IS.
It's all one pretending it's not, getting lost in itself, so that it once again can find itself. Alan watts puts it in a simple way. "It's God playing hide and seek with itself".

If we could all wake up to our true nature, and achieve a collective conciousness where there would be no distinction between you and me, then we would truly start living in paradise. If we could all truly see ourselves in one another, how could then hate remain, as to hate then would simply be to hate oneself.

The world will never change for the benefit of all, unless we ourselves change in the first place from and Ego identity to an universal one. The outer will naturally change according to the inner changes we make.

We need to advance past our false individual identity construct which we believe ourselves to be, and start living as who we truly are. Which is God, the Universe, Existence, conciousness or whatever else you wanna call "IT".
>>
File: Krsna_dark.jpg (43 KB, 422x513) Image search: [Google]
Krsna_dark.jpg
43 KB, 422x513
Enlightenment means having pure love of God (krsna). The process to achieve that is called Bhakti Yoga.
>>
>>17601485
You can have a relationship with God in this very life. Read Bhagavad Gita As it is and chant Harinam.
>>
>>17602885
This understanding is incorrect. We are not one, we have separate and unique spiritual forms with specific relationships to the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
>>
>>17602915
>we have separate and unique spiritual forms with specific relationships to the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

I agree with that, but I see it like this.

We don't have unique spiritual forms with specific relationships to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. We are the Supreme Personality of Godhead playing as all the unique spiritual forms.
>>
>>17602932
Yeah this is called Mayavadi philosophy which is diametrically opposed to Gaudiya Vaishnavism teachings. We are not God, we are resting on his energy known as Tatashta Shakti. Look into Acintya Bhedabeda Tattva.
>>
>>17602959

Hey, you're that autistic white guy. Post the pic of you sitting in the cow place with the Indian lady in the background looking at you like you're retarded
>>
>>17603012
You're thinking of another devotee. Maybe he'll show face in this thread.
>>
>>17600669
"Enlightenment" is really just putting yourself to sleep and dreaming while awake. It is full of illusions and deception.

Do not seek it. Call on Christ instead.
>>
>>17603235
I tried but he never calls back. I think he's cheating on me.
>>
there is no enlightenment because there is no one there to be enlightended
>>
Fuck that I want to be a wizard
>>
enlightenment is just a fancy way of saying tapping into the collective consciousness, so that all of "your" conscience in that moment is just the flow of energy, always cycling
>>
>>17603381

examples of the feeling are: the instant when you orgasm and "your" conscience ceases existing in that moment, the very instant you lose your train of thought (your brain is subconsciously trying to tap you back into where you were, by any means necessary)

controlling it is the difficult part, but most people never even understand they're capable of it.
>>
>>
Enlightenment is the end of suffering. The end of seeking.
>>
Enlightenment is the realization of the nondual nature of consciousness. This can't be explained perfectly, but if you were to remove all memories, perceptions and desires, you would see that unmodified, basic awareness is free of time, space and duality (which is to say free from seperation). There is no observer within us hiding behind our eyes looking out at a world that is different from us. That is our conditioning, and real spiritual practice is simply to cut through all the layers of egoic consciousness and realize the essence of consciousness. Enlightenment is already there (it is literally the very essence of awareness, out innate wakefulness), if only we could all see it.
>>
Sam Harris (interestingly, a prominent atheist) actually does a very good job of describing the illusion of self
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fajfkO_X0l0
>>
>>17600669
A thing I learned is that it can't be forced by you.
Whatever you're doing in life, every kind of situation is there to help you get it.
>>
Enlightenment is a 9-5 job you hate.
>>
>>17600669
I don't seek it because I don't need to seek it. It's no longer one of the fake reasons I use to motivate myself to meditate. Now I meditate simply because I like being at peace. Now I meditate to ground myself because I have a personal, individual reason to be grounded. No teacher can give you that, no book can cause you to suddenly realize how much that means to you, and no faith or god will make you feel it because it'll always come with the threat of that god being able to take that peace away at any time.

You might call me enlightened, but who the fuck are you? Fuck you and everything you stand for. I desire inner peace because it's less of a fucking hassle. Fuck everyone and everything that makes being alive more of a hassle than it already is.
>>
>>17603962
>every kind of situation is there to help you get it
You've clearly never had an enemy before. Go fuck yourself and your fake idea of an automatically peaceful world. No, it's not automatic. It's like that because the motivated among us don't give a shit what people like you think.
>>
>>17600743
taboo might have been a bad choice of words, difficult to discuss is better. In traditions such as tibetan Buddhism, the nature of enlightenment, as best it can be discussed, is not even allowed to be talked about until one has practiced with a teacher for many many years. Similarly in Zen, enlightenment IS discussed in significant ways but only between teacher and student again after many years. Some people are willing to open up about the "details" these days, Adyashanti (great teacher_ and Daniel Ingram come to mind. They can't simply tell us what enlightement is because it doesn't work that way, but they do talk at length about how it changes a person, their relationships and their perception of reality. For example
http://www.dharmaoverground.org/dharma-wiki/-/wiki/Main/MCTB+Was+that+Emptiness/en

this is from a buddhist prespective but apples to any attainment of "enlightenment"
>>
>>17604344
>is not even allowed to be talked about
There's no such thing as tradition, but there is such thing as monks getting tired of your bullshit.
>>
>>17604369
>want to escape eternal cycle of death and rebirth, wat do
>how does I into no-mind??
>I did a meditation and felt a breeze over my third eye chakra so I think I'm really close to nirvana now
>somebody at school said they achieved mindfulness of the present by cutting gluten, does that work?

>READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>17604386
>I did a meditation and felt a breeze over my third eye chakra
I lol'd. Your post was instant motivation, anon.
>>
Guess its trying to live totaly non dualistic.... So no can do. Those who say they are are so full of themselve they glow in the dark. Well....if that counts I'll admit I'm wrong
>>
>>17604481
>no can do
Hey man.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
>>
Can anybody explain to me something? Let's talk the christian God.

How come none of the jesus followers obey jesus at all? Does it bring disgrace or something? They don't do a single thing of what they preach, the proof of this is that they have computers that they didn't sell to give to the poor.

Well? Is it evil to do what jesus says?

I certainly know of no one who went well for him who did that.

And the bible is certainly contradictory.

Have you tried considering "the devil" God and doing opposite of what Jesus preachs and considering this good? Just dont be the retard that makes himself a god because that is the sin of satan.

After all, "the devil" TRULY never changes and truly His desires are placed in our hearts. And such a paradise seems inmensely enjoyable as opposed to the one of jesus.

Well?
>>
>>17604494
Christianity is a circle jerk of people who are attracted to the promise of "eternal life" and having an all powerful God as their personal big tough friend.
>>
>>17604502

Yes and why would God make people of natural disobedience to what He wants?

Next you're gonna tell me you love chastity and pain.
>>
>>17604494
>Jesus ordered all of his followers to give away everything they have, and said that everyone who doesn't is bad and evil

Ask me how I know you didn't read the New Testament.
>>
>>17604494
>Does it bring disgrace or something?
No, it's just that Jesus was such a raving lunatic that they can't possibly comprehend every type of hypocrisy he's recorded as engaging in per Biblical account. He's literally such a massive faggot that they see his insanity as divinity. Per the stories, I mean.
>>
>>17604506
What?

God isn't real, bro.
>>
>>17604092
Fuck you, too, anon :)
>>
>>17604515
>Ask me how I know you didn't read the New Testament.

I did, he claims unholy spirits cannot pronounce his name and then unholy spirits go and pronounce it.

See? I read it.
>>
>>17604573
>he claims unholy spirits cannot pronounce his name and then unholy spirits go and pronounce it
...Which is how raving lunatics think/act.
>>
most people who have mystical experiences on higher dimensions think that experiencing this is enlightnment. nevertheless they're wrong.
enlightnment is understanding that logic itself is a fallacy and that nothing is necessarily true because everything that happens is because your belief system allows it to happen. but enlightnment is not this, you cant put enlightnment into language though its an art to try
>>
Enlightenment is a bullshit concept used by Western Jews who warped and bastardized Eastern mysticism for their own personal and financial gain.

There is no such thing as Enlightenment. It is snake oil.
>>
>>17600669
Enlightenment happens when you understand how the 10th dimension works, connect it to the 1st dimension in a mobius strip fashion. Tie that into the idea that in infinite chaos arises supreme intelligence, which in turn wishes to understand the creation of all. In trying to understand it's own existence creates a machine that simulates the universe infinitely, changing one variable or another. This in turn creates a paradoxical situation with the universe/god/you creating itself.

Tldr the universe and time were created by the paradoxical thought of a conscious universe trying to explain it's own existence. Alpha and Omega.
>>
>>17604586
yeah jesus was pretty radical for his time

but he also said to keep the old law which is confusing to me
>>
File: 1459976712458.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1459976712458.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7YFWEJyJhg

Realised indian guru answers for you :^)
>>
>spend your life chasing enlightenment
>get old and realise there is no enlightenment to be had
>realise you've wasted your life
>>
>>17601395
>Scientists believe in the gods of math and empiricism even though it has in a way betrayed them by quantum mechanics

Retarded.

We would know nothing about quantum mechanics without mathematics and empiricism. We can make empiric observations of quantum effects and mathematically model them.
>>
>>17608745
you forgot to add
>troll all the young fags into thinking you're enlightened and they gotta work harder
>>
I thought it was proved we are in a simulation in that australian university experiment?

I was excited to get a chance to be Neo, the One, and be able to try to get rid humanity of the Matrix!
>>
>>17600669

Mushrooms mixed with weed while I was having an intellectual conversation with one of my friends. It kinda just ran up on me by surprise, I believe I connected to the greater consciousness because I was one with all information. All the details about my current reality seemed so insignificant, my life, my family, my species, and my planet all became like grains of sand on a beach. This greater consciousness was brilliant, whenever I asked it a question, it would give me the correct answer, I felt like I was flying through a network of truths. Because I was high I believe I was only allowed to leave with one piece of correct advice, to this day I believe it was the most important advice that I have ever received.

The advice I came away with was "Don't be afraid, there is no use for fear"
>>
>>17600731
Everything IS god. You , Me, the Crab Nebula, the shit that a hobo took. EVERYTHING
>>
>>17609022
Doesn't matter if it's not in your current experience. I don't give a fuck what you felt during meditation/psychedelic trip. If it isn't your constant experience it's not true for you. Stop posting that shit in every thread.
>>
>>17600797

>Alan Watts lectures
>put gay ass disctracting music in the back

Way to ruin one of the most acessible comparative philosophers. God forbid you have to actually listen to what the man says, gotta get some disctractions in there.
>>
>>17603235

OH BOY, HERE COME THE AMERICAN PROD SECTARIAN LUNATICS WITH THEIR DANK FEAR TACTICS
>>
>>17609045
here comes me in ur mums bum
>>
>>17600669
>those white grils
>>
>>17603235
>He fell for the Demiurge meme

Do not seek pistis. Call on gnosis instead.
>>
>>17600669
>Dem rounded shoulders
>Dat warped posture

If you plan to meditate, please don't sit like the girl in that picture :\
>>
more often than not in my experience, it's simply the exploration of consciousness. the deep, underlying consciousness, underlying ego, not thoughts, deep, seemingly infinite consciousness. what it is, where it comes from, how vast it is, what lies behind our self-created egos and how far it goes. a lot of people seem to conclude that it's god.

this is an excellent lecture by one of my fave people in the whole world ever. to me, the thing he describes here, the thing which cannot be conceptualized, named, understood, nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLg4AV60uWY
>>
>>17600669

If only you knew The Truth.....
If only you knew The Truth........
The lonely road to it...
Alone on the road to understand The Origin, alone on the road to comprehend The ALL..
When will I meet another soul on the same path?.. When will I reach its endless point?...
The Nothing of ALL,
The One of the Nothing,
The Two of the One,
The Four of the Two,
The Eight of the Three,
Is there anyone else who understands thee?

7 / 7 = ?
>>
>>17603450
Underrated post
>>
>>17601271

But who was phone?
>>
>>17601271
What sound does one hand clapping make?
>>
>>17613881
What's the limit of f(x) = (1 + 1/x)^x as x approaches infinity?
>>
"In your mind you have capacities you know
To telepath messages through the vast unknown
Please close your eyes and concentrate
With every thought you think
Upon the recitation we're about to sing

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft
Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft"
>>
Many saints have discovered light turning our expectations and efforts towards interior of soul. I strongly suggest you to read 'Inner Castle' by saint Teresa from Avila

I advance you this: pain and conviction in God and unavoidable steps to break from the misery of flesh and abound in liberty of spirit

To break away from misery of the creature adherence I suggest 'Science of the Cross' from saint Terese Benedict of the Cross

My best regards and may the Spirit guide thee
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.