[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acquisition of freedom and if it is the ideal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: matrix.gif (168 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
matrix.gif
168 KB, 1280x1024
Not roleplay. Roleplayers ruin this board.

I've seen enough that I think I have steady reason to believe that we may be living in a simulation run by computers that are far more powerful than ours.

If this is believed to be true, I posit two question about the future of our species and how we may help ourselves to achieve a desirable state of existence.

1) Is there any way to break ourselves out?

Our computers can break. There can be bugs, there can be crashes, and there can be freezes. There are pieces of time that I remember skipping over when I was younger. Looking at a clock, looking away, and looking back to find that time had jumped forward.

Given that, I have reason to believe that either:

a) Whatever runs the machine wants us to think there are bugs so that they can see us try to exploit them or observe them.

or

b) The system does have cracks, left in either unintentionally or intentionally.

This leads me to question 2.

2) IF we are artifacts in a simulation, would it be desirable or even possible to break ourselves out?

There are many things to say about that, but I figure that the question itself should usher them all to mind fairly easily.

Answers, /x/philes?
>>
There isn't enough info for me to say it's a good idea to break out of this theoretical simulation.
For the time being it would be more beneficial to influence change within the simulation until there's more known outside the sim.
>>
>>17594870
If it's a closed system, it's very hard to figure out what is going on outside of it.
>>
Sally might be able to help.
Any log out succes stories out there?
>>
>>17594891
They're stories. That's not what I want. Anyone can make up a story.
>>
It's simulations all the way down..
>>
>>17594859
Can your character at TheSims ever have a grasp of your or our dimension's existence? If they could, would they be able to just walk off it?

No.

Accept your void existence and live it like the NPC you are.
>>
>>17594859
>Is there any way to break ourselves out?

Depends on if you think we are wholly creations of the simulation, or if we are "really" outside the simulation, and somehow only experience the simulation currently.

If the former, then no. What is created by the simulation cannot get out of it. Geralt has no way to escape The Witcher games, so to speak.

But if it's the latter, then yes. The player experiencing through Geralt can get out of the immersion and stop playing. It's how to do this that's the rub. No point in discussing whether we should until we know we can.
>>
It's not so much a "simulation", more a "configuration". There is no "out".

The Universe cycles through phases. Ours will eventually dilute until it hits a heat death and an equilibrium is reached. It will lay in this dead state until a random fluctuation occurs. This will spark a chain reaction, creating a new configuration/reality.

We're not in a machine.
>>
>>17594859
What you consider a simulation is nothing more than a current filled with dimensions. Higher beings could live in them, most notably God. I don't think it's that complex that one would say everything is a computer simulation. It has more natural causes.
>>
>>17594859
Pretty much >>17594935

Existance has to somehow come to be at some place in some way at some point in time.
>>
freedom is possible, although I have not determined if it is ideal
>>
If you really believe this is a simulation, you should talk to hanz. He has more information about the simulation than anyone.
>>
>>17594917
Honestly this is the best answer.
>>
>>17594981
Who is Hanz and how can I contact him?
>>
>>17595324
Here is his skype: thenexx94
>>
>>17595324
you're either a newfag or blissfully ignorant. either way ignore anything related to hanz, he's a schizo shitposter and a meme

>>17594859
Can Mario break out of a gameboy?
>>
>>17595402
Dont listen to this guy, hanz is probably closer to the truth than anyone else.
>>
>>17594859

The Inception Lesson: it doesn't matter what level of reality you are on. Like, almost at all.

Just make moral decisions wherever you are, whatever level you're at.
>>
It's called the ontological argument.
>>
>>17594859
If this IS true, I want to break out and kill the asshole that programmed me with chronic pain and back issues.
To me, this is the same as believing in a deity... we are still pawns and playthings which is utter bullshit
>>
So we're in a simulation. What about our creators, are they also in a simulation? And their creators? And theirs

At what point do we know we're in the "real" Universe and not just a simulation?

>>17594915

It's bullshit all the way down. Reality is informational, not digital.
>>
I've thought of this, and often. However, if this IS a simulation, I find the idea of breaking out less ideal then say, finding the ways to manipulate the simulation. Then you could live how you wish, while not having to potentially enter a reality that may be even worse then what you are currently experiencing.

If I could figure out the 'cheat codes' so to speak, why would I want to leave?
>>
Discard the ego. Research magic. Believe, not in me, but in yourself. If the universe wants you to break out, it will lead you there.

You are welcome.
>>
The real Universe is dying. Humanity is in depression. We have created this simulated Universe because our time in the real reality is coming to an end. In here, we can live an entire lifetime in mere seconds. Nobody wants to die.

We have created certain safe-guards to prevent us from waking up, and also, hidden the devastating truth about how long we have left.

Enjoy this life. The real one is not worth waking up to.
>>
>>17594859
> Look away from clock
> Look back
> time has passed
> a glich in he matris
>>
File: 4chan_method_shielding_mkultra.png (825 KB, 1024x1076) Image search: [Google]
4chan_method_shielding_mkultra.png
825 KB, 1024x1076
>>17594859
maybe hymms (singing and humming), opera music, classical music, yoga and meditation, stretching, ez stuff.
pic; these are suspicious if you want to break out

yea its desirable; raise the vibrational freq of the whole earth or its more of a with-god situation than a without

>i dont think its feasible to break out yet bcoz bugs if they are real. i think the whole raise the vibrational frequency of the earth everyone has wanted for thousands of years is not possible because of bugs and war=profit machine
>>
>>17594859
>There are pieces of time that I remember skipping over when I was younger. Looking at a clock, looking away, and looking back to find that time had jumped forward.
Why would that only happen to you as a child? If reality has blips, you should experience them as an adult too. Fact is, your childhood memories are faulty, wrong, and often just wishful thinking.
>>
File: Theotokos-Iconostasis1.jpg (56 KB, 633x1330) Image search: [Google]
Theotokos-Iconostasis1.jpg
56 KB, 633x1330
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
>>
File: 1449839658577.jpg (180 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1449839658577.jpg
180 KB, 517x768
>>17594859
>Not roleplay. Roleplayers ruin this board.

>I've seen enough that I think I have steady reason to believe that we may be living in a simulation run by computers that are far more powerful than ours.
>>
>>17594859
I truly 100% believe that we are living in a simulation. Only because once I really started working with computers and learning programming, it kinda freaked me out. I would run my own simulations and started to argue with myself about the morals of "pulling the plug" or deleting and restarting them. I started thinking about what if I was simulated in that environment and if someone decided to end our simulated entities at once, if that would be a fucked up thing to do. After this I started reading articles to include an essay that was written by a college student called the simulation theory, and he conveys an idea of how many generations of simulations are we in? Since we can already run our own and now that our technology has become pretty powerful it's not too farfetched to say that created entities from our simulations wouldn't try to run their own either. Also our universe astrologically is very "fine tuned" as the physicists say, that if any of the values that defines the physics of our universe is off even by a little, it wouldn't work at all.

Sadly, any simulated "being" that becomes aware of its situation cannot do anything about it. A simulation that is stored on a hard drive developed by a coding language that only exists in memory, that can't even be seen unless you have an output source like a monitor, cannot interact with the "real world".

Now if you were to get real serious though and if you really want to "get out and experience reality", the only way I can think of to get as close to that as possible is to make the creator of the simulation fall in love with you. It sounds absurd, but think about it. He could develop an interface that only you could access, for example a laptop he would carry around with him as you "see and hear" the world through a webcam and a Mic. And if he's a damn genius thats Also a robotics engineer or some shit, you could have your very own body too.
>>
>>17597162
Your lies burn my eyes.
>>
>>17597162
Just also want to add this since my comment was too long.

We have seen examples of us falling for created digital entities that don't really exist but wish we could give them life. But the thing is, like I mentioned before about the creator trying to bring you into reality, there is another flaw. He could just develop AI to control the body it is uploaded into, and just have a copy of your personality that the creator fell for (he can make the body appear just like you, so appearances isn't a factor) which if that's the case then it really isn't a conscience "you". Which also means you are left behind still stuck inside the simulation.

So there's no guarenteed way out of this for you. Just accept that you are only bits of code inside a simulated hell that can be killed with the flick of a power button.
>>
>>17594981
hmph.

>>17594859
>we are artifacts in a simulation, would it be desirable or even possible to break ourselves out?
desirable, yes, but for the lower tiers in society. for the upper tiers, they prefer to use the simulation to forge their reality to their liking. there are ways out if you make use of logos, but it is tricky, and if you happen to find one, do not ever think a female who is out will help you out, it is almost certainly a trap. try pleading to a fellow man/brother instead and do not trust females as they do not all respect love in a way as males may -- because, if you were a man, and you saw a man who you could help out, your first regard wouldn't be "is this person going to love me and only me 100% for the rest of my/his life in the way i want him to love me? may as well check real quick and if it's not, then i won't let him out."
really this whole simulation issue is as old as time (lawl). it's sad that one female can alter your life and negate your sought after and assigned embracement into an ultimate form of love and friendship into a life as total reject who will live and die tortured and alone simply because they are more into themselves than any one else and are much powerful than you are. if you can get out, ask a dudebro to lend a hand.
>>
>>17597219
Lol hilarious. Have you ever stopped and think that not every woman is out to get you? And that they want to get out of the same situation? That women are heartless creatures when they're obviously the ones that are sterotyped as loving creatures? Lol the irony is so real here. You say you want to get out but you hold onto the program in that way.
>>
>>17597342
yes. there is a woman whom i'd like to befriend, and i don't know her situation. in fact there are other women i'd like to befriend, as i don't see them all as "heartless creatures." i suppose my reason is from one woman who did all she could to destroy me after rejecting me, like telling people to stay away from me, for example, or blaming me for doing what she did (not standing for love); and she also said herself that "being a woman is the hardest thing, out of all genders and races, but i wouldn't trade it because of orgasms." but okay, i am mistaken, as i have heard of people who've gotten out by women and they became great friends and/or more.
tl;dr: i was wrong.
>>
>>17594859
Yes, sometimes there may be bugs. Your mom tried to run abort.exe before you were born and here you are.
>>
File: 36matrix.jpg (94 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
36matrix.jpg
94 KB, 800x600
>>
(This is an aside, not meant to derail this thread. Sometimes I can't keep my big mouth shut though.)

>>17596901
>Nobody wants to die.

I've run across that statement several times in the past week or so. Speak for yourself -- there's no way I'm the only one who considers the idea of extremely long or immortal life to be a fate worse than, ahem, death.

Probably doesn't hurt that I'm sick and tired of the sim existence. Just saying.

/aside
>>
File: hipster timebro.jpg (22 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
hipster timebro.jpg
22 KB, 236x354
>>17597219
>>17597342
>>17597360

>tl;dr timebros before timehos
>>
All humans experience their sense of time being deluded at some point in their lives. It feels like time flies by when you're caught up in something and it feel like time is slow as fuck when you're bored or anticipating something. Drugs can affect one's perception of time too, and movement literally affects time itself for the individual (google "Einstein" and "relativity")

You claim roleplayers ruin the board, and then you go and post this shit thinking that your schizophrenia or whatever mental illness you're suffering from is proof that life is a computer simulation.....come on.

There are things we don't understand and no sensible person would completely discourage the idea that existence is a computer simulation - but at least TRY to come up with some decent proof instead of this mentally challenged horseshit.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 353x143) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 353x143
If you knew you could break free, how many people would actually try. For example the theory that the Earth is flat. A shit ton of videos on YouTube cashing in on it (whether it's true or not), and yet not ONE person has the balls to go to Antarctica and keep going till they reach the end. We may live in a slave system, but the true owners of our own slavery is ourselves. All this talk about the Elite's controlling us, and yet no one does a damn thing about, besides making money off YouTube and books and talking. That's all the human race is now but talk and no action.
>>
>>17594859

Whatever that is running outside this 'simulation' is literally beyond us.

It is out of our scope of understanding, it's beyond our comprehension.

Does the micro particle of oxygen trapped in an air bubble, floating in and around encased in a bottle, understands life outside the bottle, life as we know it? Reality as we perceive it?

No.

The little white blood cells doing its job in our blood stream does not question and ask stuff like;

"Hey I wonder if all this is a simulated 'reality' run on an advanced heart system, governed by some godly beings, a shining blood cells with holy auras"

No.

Beyond them are a system of organs they could not possibly think of, and beyond that is humanity and another reality as WE perceive it, which is incredibly waaay out of its comprehension.

And so yes, life and reality as we perceive it is REAL.

And yes it is a simulation of some sort, but whatever lies BEYOND us is simply out of our understanding.
>>
>>17594859
You are one of the countless people who will ever do these things.

You're not the last.

You're asking a question that has been asked since verbally recorded time immemorial.

For the love of it all, be like the others, and eventually stop asking the wrong questions. It will do you good, and you can only know that if you do such a thing.

If you can't, take up the study of irrational numbers. Try to count Pi without representing it on a calculator.
>>
>>17594859
What if YOU created the simulation for the purpose of living YOUR life? I bet you'd feel like a right dick when you woke up!
>>
>>17595463
This guy gets it.
>>
File: rick morty roy.png (2 MB, 1285x1040) Image search: [Google]
rick morty roy.png
2 MB, 1285x1040
>>17594859
>>17597986
>>17598075
pic related
>>
>>17594859
>1) Is there any way to break ourselves out?

No. Because we don't exist outside of the simulation. We are part of the simulation.

You have no real physical body. You are merely a self-aware computer program that exists within an simulated reality.
>>
'computer simulation' is no more accurate than 'cosmic dream' as a means of describing reality. It's more complex than we can understand.
>>
>>17594917
One might ask "Have they ever tried?"

Maybe one did, yet no-one actually noticed... "Ghost in the Shell" and all that...
>>
File: Brick Top3.jpg (16 KB, 350x389) Image search: [Google]
Brick Top3.jpg
16 KB, 350x389
>>17594935
Universal Admin pls
>>
>>17598800
Yeah but it's a useful.. idiom? metaphor? that we can use and sorta-grok.
>>
>>17598800
It's complex and simple at the same time, a beautiful paradox.
>>
>>17598907
>beautiful
Yeah, as Bugs Bunny might say, it's cute like a stomach pump.
>>
>>17597995
are you saying to increase memory
>>
File: iterated-spheres.png (28 KB, 482x166) Image search: [Google]
iterated-spheres.png
28 KB, 482x166
you are an infinitesimal by your own right in halving the whole between infinitely large and infinitely small. all of reality and creation submits to wherever neighborhood this universe takes place, so wherever God is, the Logistic Diagram, m-theory, matter, energy whatever and wherever it is you perceive the Bulk of your consciousness to be happening isn't real. you are not qualitative. only quantitative. and infinity exists. your finite self, well, let's just say might be a little difficult to "find" in the grand scheme. the Feynman diagrams prove complexity of just a single particle interaction creates up to 90 pages of overcomplication. NINETY pages of equations. to be able to simplify a thing that complicated and have its "elegance" contained by an amplituhedron for instance makes it clear this universe is probably the multiverse. no universes exist where they have created a weapon to destroy ours. no universe where ours doesn't exist, if there are infinitely many universes.
>>
>>17599099
I'm asking you to -save- memory, not increase it. Unless you're about virtually and literally raping what's around you to achieve that.

Some people do that. But I'm asking you to avoid being a broken record- provided one would even have that kind of ability to choose between whatever supposed state/s they "occupy", or what states follow one another. The future of humanity, or whatever becomes of it, can't concern you such that you should desire "breaking out" unless you remain to participate in scenarios involving simulation theory and the universe and whatnot; No one really achieves anything if they live for a period of time that isn't meant to end within any reasonable, salient, human-scope period; there would be no discernible point at which to measure the achievements "forever".

>a)
Then that's exactly the case, and don't worry about it, because you can't choose to do otherwise than what you will or are already doing, except when you do.
>b)
Then there are cracks, and the topology of all possible states include the states that contain a series of states that could only exist under the conditions of the parent state (Universe A can only give rise to Universe A_XXXXXX's, and Universe A_000007 is identical to Universe B, save for the fact that it's not actually Universe B).
>2)
Refer to >a).

Never-mind the philosophical or topological, meta-epistemic boggles- bottom line: stop trying to count infinity, and just commit to an infinite amount of steps within a finite amount of time. Stop asking the wrong questions, and you won't be so worked up (or confused) about answers that solve other questions you never meant to ask. Don't waste your precious shelf life doing the same thing someone did 200,000 years ago

Stop asking whether you are in a simulation or not. Stop idling. Start functioning.
>>
It's not a computer simulation, it's a dream.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.