[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the Titans real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18
File: GIANT_SKELETONS_CHART.jpg (128 KB, 668x531) Image search: [Google]
GIANT_SKELETONS_CHART.jpg
128 KB, 668x531
Or was it just a myth made up by those Greek homos.
>>
>>17593618
>tfw you will never cuddle a qt 9 foot gril
>>
>>17593618
http://www.amazon.com/Giants-Charles-DeLoach/dp/0810829711
A small review: "An encyclopedia of giant lore that starts out by accepting the possibility that larger-than-usual humanoids once existed and goes on to collect evidence for that claim. DeLoach accepts the narratives of the Bible as accurate history, and relies on other sources that are at least open to question, but some of the more modern material he collects rests on stronger foundations."

No, I haven't read this book (yet). It's the only source I can think of for what you want.
>>
>>17593618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuxw-nZoJw

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

Have a great week.
>>
>>17593618
The quran speaks of a city called Ad or Iram of the pillars that was inhabited by prideful really intelligent giants and God sent a messanger to humble them but they didn't listen and got destroyed
>>
>>17595642
You mean aliens tried to enslave them but they didnt bow.
>>
>>17595653
Nah a wind literally tore their city apart and Huds tribe were the only that remained due to them believing in God alone and not worshippers idols
>>
Nephilim
>>
>>17593618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkzQxw16G9w
>>
>>17595682
>When the locals wanna tie you down real bad
>>
>>17595671

>fan fiction
>>
>>17595918
you're on a paranormal board and you're going to imply the shit that I believe is fan fiction as opposed to the shit you believe in? Let me guess you think God sexed a virgin so that she can give birth to God and that God can die yet remain alive to wipe everyone's sins clean if only they accept Jesus as their God even though Jesus would pray to God and even prostrate face on floor like the muslims do?
>>
>>17593727
>9 foot
>not 32 foot
still hurts tho
>>
>>17595968
If resorting to insults and vulgarity is supposed to show me the light of your pure and christian ways than you're going about it all wrong. I'm waiting for Jesus, you're waiting for Jesus. We both see that the end times are near and we both want to put a stop to ISIS. I don't see why we can't just wait and see who's right peacefully.
>>
Honestly I'm pretty convinced that these people just discovered dinosaur or megafauna remains & confused them for giants/titans.
>>
>>17596012
Shut the fuck up disinfo shill
>>
>>17596020
Chances are i've been here longer than you friend.
>>
>>17595642
Fuck the quran
>>
>>17596049
>>17596039
>>17596020
I don't get why we can't have peaceful discussions anymore. I feel like /pol/ is a cancer on this website and ultimately the world.
>>
File: 1314364915147.jpg (8 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1314364915147.jpg
8 KB, 300x250
>>17595642
>>17593618
>cites an ancient story book as evidence
>>
>>17596020
Human anatomy does not support humans over 6'6'' very well. Even known 'giants' in the 7-8 foot range tend to suffer lots of health problems and die decades earlier.

Bipedalism as humans do it becomes very dangerous for something that is over 10 feet tall because of our center of mass and bone density, even a minor fall for someone that tall would almost certainly cause major bone fractures.

Giants as actual, physical, terrestrial entities are not real.
>>
>>17593618
It's not physically possible for a creature to be thirty six feet tall with a human shape and skeleton.
>>
>>17596074
Which is why the bones being those of other organisms makes the most sense.
>>
>>17596054
I'm not them and I'm all for calm, aristotelian discussion, but it's ironic you're saying that too, while defending the quran
anyway. back on topic
>>
>>17596039
le oldefag
>>
>>17595731
god I hate smarmy douche youtube personalities that use close ups and pop up all over the screen and accentuate their words.
>>
>>17593618
>Were the Titans real?
Yes, and they are us.
>>
>>17596074
Not to mention the huge penis they would have to lug around!
>>
File: 60132118 .jpg (95 KB, 650x469) Image search: [Google]
60132118 .jpg
95 KB, 650x469
>>
File: the titans.jpg (33 KB, 539x373) Image search: [Google]
the titans.jpg
33 KB, 539x373
>>17593618
oh how soon they forget....
>>
>>17595642
>why islam sucks
Judaism and christianity called these big guys (for you) Nephilim, the unholy matrimony between man and angel
more fun than "big friendly giants"
>>
>>17596012
dinosaurs are a hoax
>>
>>17596074
your imagination is weak, giants have the blood of gods in them, not just men
>>
File: Waffen SS.jpg (60 KB, 407x500) Image search: [Google]
Waffen SS.jpg
60 KB, 407x500
>>17597711
Heh, now this is why I come here

>>17598532
I can imagine a 300 foot tall unicorn that shits gold and farts rainbows, but that doesn't mean shit as far as the evidence is concerned.
>>
File: Laugh.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
Laugh.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>17596063
I know, I'm still laughing my ass off.
>>
>>17596074
If you believe in evolution then even entertaining this idea should have you realizing that whatever traits that would allow them to be giant sized would be selected for (IE not breaking your bones when you fall over). Extrapolating modern man's body to being giant sized something it was not meant for is not the same as saying giants existed.
>>
>>17594591
Wait, so giants could walk on on vertical surfaces? Thats crazy
>>
File: dumb-bad-inventions-201.jpg (65 KB, 640x523) Image search: [Google]
dumb-bad-inventions-201.jpg
65 KB, 640x523
>>17596054
They're a lot who think this is /pol/ or /b/ but some of us are listening to.
>>
Isn't it impossible to grow that big since gravity?

>>17595642
>the quran
oh jesus fuck next your gonna quote the bible for truth
>>
>>17593618
Nope, it was more than just in Greece, the great giants from the sky came and left before the ark of Noah.
>>
>>17601157
Yeah you mean they just jumped off the earth huh?
>>
Giants are not just legend
They once roamed the earth
But it would have had to been when the o2 levels were much higher in the atmosphere.
>>
>>17598529
What are dinosaurs I'm so puzzled
>>
>>17601157
Fallen Angels
>>
>>17601165
This is the mosy likely scenario if giants existed, but they most likely existed way before humans did in one of the hundreds of millions of years before us, they may not have even been human just had similar traits through some sort of convergent evolution
>>
>>17596054
/pol/ truly is cancer
>>
>>17596074
You're implying the giants were human at all.
>>
>>17597711
Nice dubdubs
>>
>>17596074
same could be said for certain insects that in modern sizes are inches, but span over four foot in a time with a denser atmosphere. not to suggest we all could get that big, but certain beings very well could have. esp those mixed with the blood of demons
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (94 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
94 KB, 600x431
>>17597711
remember the alamo
>>
>>17596054
mudshits are cancer to the world. You pieces of shit have destroyed so many cultures and deleted histories (and mythologies, that includes all the shit you love /x/) that its ridiculous. Your people to this day are destroying libraries, museums and monuments. You should have all been exterminated long ago. You are a disgusting fluke upon this world.

On topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Os3KBbFW4

Potential 'fathers' of the giants.
>>
Giants were too big to stay alive. They would've needed special breathing masks to pump air into their lungs or something. If you took those off, they'd die.
>>
>>17593618
It's not a myth, it's true, but they died out.
>>
>>17596074
Bone mass density increases in relation to stress. The average human bone is almost as hard as concrete already. If it was a genetic commonality to be such a size, there Really shouldn't be any problem. Look at Shaq vs someone the same height that carries themself in a weak manor. The human framework could provide a perfectly reasonable structure for giants to a point.
>>
kratos killed them
>>
>>17604355
Precisely. An eight foot tall human will be lucky to live into his 50s. A 12 foot tall human is going to be an unhealthy mess
>>
>>17593618
probably just myth based on reality. there have been recorded instances with proof of people being 7 or 8 feet tall, up to 8'11". most likely from a medical disorder. but you take someone who is 7 or 8 feet tall, put a helmet or hat on them that adds another foot or so, and they're almost double the height of the average person.
>>
>>17604635

I think the guy you're replying to was trying to say that the removal of the breathing mask would be extremely painful.
>>
>>17595932
>>>r/Atheism
>>
>>17596167
Amen
>>
>Maximinus Thrax
>According to Historia Augusta, "he was of such size, so Cordus reports, that men said he was eight foot, six inches (c. 2.5 metres) in height".[37] It is very likely however that this is one of the many 'tall tales' in the Historia Augusta, and is immediately suspect due to its citation of 'Cordus', one of the several fictitious authorities the work cites.
>>
File: 5ae.jpg (164 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
5ae.jpg
164 KB, 1240x786
>>17594235
>>17593618

>the bible
>reliable
>>
>>17604642
7' isn't super uncommon. Fucking rare, sure, but odds are you'll see one or two people that all in your lifetime. I think there's a handful of people in the 8' range on record though, that we actually know were that big, and yeah, they usually have gigantism in some form or another. Even the ones that don't tend to die incredibly young, because circulation is terrible in people of that height, even minor infections can go septic very quickly. Back problems are rampant, malnutrition is, arthritis is, they just don't hold up well.

In times where we have so much food readily available to us, and people of that size are still unable to get proper nutrition, the odds of it happening in a time where they relied on good harvests to be able to survive at all, let alone grow and thrive, or be able to select a diet based on nutritional needs are next to nothing. They just wouldn't have the required nutrients to get that big, and would likely die in their teens.
>>
>>17601197
most of the major "finds" are on government property, as for all the small shit, it's a combination of plastered together bones (like piltdown man) or stuff that fossilized in a 6000 year period (they have discovered fossilized miner caps)
>>
>>17596063
>>17598551
>not using mythology to piece together history
As exaggerated as the stories are they may be overhyped accounts of actual events that could be explained easily if they happened today. Never dismiss religious mythos as complete fiction in terms of history.
>>
>>17604355
For you
>>
>>17601225
Look at those skelemans, fuckboy, tell me those don't look like human skellies
>>
>>17604649
>>17608681
No survivors
>>
>>17596054
>I don't get why we can't have peaceful discussions anymore. I feel like islam is a cancer on this website and ultimately the world.
>>
So nobody is going to put 5'8" above the small skeleton, 5'10" above one in the middle and 6'1" above the tallest one?
>>
>>17604355
You seem to think that our Earth had the same atmosphere it does now as it did thousandths of years ago which is completely illogical.
>>
>>17596054
It's the fucking atheists they don't believe in anything hing and for some reason they thinks that gives them reason to bash the ones that do...makes no fucking sense
>>
>>17604337
Isis is ran by Zionists and the American CIA kill yourself faggot
>>
>>17593618
>present day man 6'
MANLETS BTFO
>>
>>17601165
well, take this as a shitpost if you like, but on the creation of earth, the earth was inside a circle of floating ice that encircles the entire earth by that time, that would make the concentration of o2 much higher.
genesis 1: 6-9

additional info... the earth by that time was not tilted towards the sun, it was parallel thus existing no seasons, the ''ice'' layers block most of the sun ratiation by that time and the levels of o2 and quality of the products of the earth was so much that people might live till 900+ years...
then when god causes the flood (by presumably) casting an asteroid towards earth, destroying the ice barrier and tilting the eart (now we have seasons) and furthermore opening a crack on the vaults where most of the ocean where keep on, its no coincidence why after that huge change, he says that the men will no live longer than 120 years (genesis 6:3)
you either take my coment as shitpost or an interesting chain of events of a non-sure-if-fictional-or-not lore of this reality.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
>>17593618
BUILD WALL

Seriously speaking, maybe they made these giant walls in acient times to protect the city from titans. I mean, you don't need a wall of 30 meters to defend your city from some 1,60 meters manlets.
>>
>>17603966
don't forget the 7 foot land scorpions and 12 foot water scorpions that were around before dinos starting wandering about.
>>
>>17593618
They weren't real.

If you look hard enough you'll find the workings that show they would be so heavy that their leg bones would shatter as soon as they started to run.

The bigger things get, the weaker they become in relative (to body weight) terms. These are natural limitations imposed by gravity chemistry and physics.
>>
>>17609949
You do if some Turkish asshole shows up on your front stoop with a really fucking big cannon.
>>
>>17609949

>I mean, you don't need a wall of 30 meters to defend your city from some 1,60 meters manlets.

This is correct. The ladder wasn't invented until the 17th Century. Before then, thatchers were trained from birth to jump really really high so they could put the roofs on houses.
>>
>>17596081
>"It's not physically possible for a creature to be thirty six feet tall with a human shape and skeleton."

>...He says, while citing nothing
>>
>>17593618
>>17593618
If you're interested in titans, you might enjoy this short story.
http://correlatedcontents.com/misc/Father.html
Please don't hurt me.
>>
>>17604355
Well even so, we would expect one of them in the wreckage
>>
File: BIGGRILL.jpg (99 KB, 736x954) Image search: [Google]
BIGGRILL.jpg
99 KB, 736x954
>>17593618
I WANT A GIANT QT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>17609082
I would guess that there lack of nutrition weren't great and the atmosphere wasn't that different. The only time it wasn't similar was during the age of the dinosaurs. You really wanna believe in giants don't you, you fucking tard
>>
>>17609134
Atheist believe in science. And science believes that if it can be proven then it is fact. Religious ideology can't be proven thus is discarded into the trash been where it belongs.

As to why atheist are assholes and they shouldn't bully religious fantastically well I say they should bully them. Believing in tall tells from books that have been altered by many people is being willfully ignorant and should be mocked and criticized. Stupidity shouldn't be tolerated
>>
>>17609819
This is 100% shitpost.

Where's the ice? Where's the crater from that event? God said that on the 6th day he created man well when did he create dinosaurs? Why didn't the bible ever mention dinosaurs?
>>
>>17609949
They made them that tall to block catapults duh
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 400x366
>>17611624
>bash and deny ideas cause the are improbable and you need to stroke your dick with an "intelligence" you lord over people who dont see things your way
>all cause you lead a sad depressing life
>>
>>17610796
Yes cause the bible and quran are such a great source for factual information.

Even though that anon is shilling like a faggot, dont act like there is a logical way for 36ft people to exist, the requirements for sustenance in the enviorments they were recorded in is practically impossible to achieve without them having left cities behind or archeological proof of farming or their living quarters.

Up to 15ft is the highest for my reasoning, considering how myths are commonly exagerations.

Now if you want to roleplay your giantess fetish you have a couple boards to do that but dont be a faggot here.
>>
Look at every overly tall person and how their body functions. Protip: it barely does.

Giants with human proportions are impossible.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 360x414
>>17614225
Thats more a result of genes.

Its obvious if someone who is on average 5-6ft in height births something that grows to 10-11ft that it will have poor health. If however people who have a stable height of 10-11ft the complications in their health would be less severe with each generation, use your head retard.

>manlet spotted
>>
>>17596012
I'd say it's probably a combination of this and either people with acromegaly or a race of manlets having run-ins with tall Nordic people or something.
>>
>>17593618

Giants were powerful. Some of them were smart, really smart. They piss the wrong guy, something so above them and so powerful that it made the entire world tremble just by being mentioned. Then they died and the last of them piss the wrong humans. Jack murder many of them.

Today, Giants would be easy prey for anyone with the right gun.
>>
>>17614397

Idk. I had a friend that was 6'7 and his dad was slightly shorter like 6'5 or some shit like dad. Poor sod still needed a couple of surgeries into his back and had terrible health.
>>
>>17616053

It isn't easy living as a giant in the land of small people. I'm 6'1" and my back gets rekt just working at a normal counter height, I could only imagine that if I had another 6" on me it would be that much worse. Besides, it's quite convenient that you only know one or two people that are pretty tall like that and one of them had health issues.
>>
>>17605145
You would want the book for the more modern material; the "narratives of the Bible as accurate history" is obviously intended as a warning.
>>
>>17595642
abd al-azrad saw irem of the pillars as it was before the salt
>>
>>17611649
the ice was thawed as is now part of our oceans, the asteroid only hit the ice canopy and went elsewhere, the word 'dinosaur' wasn't invented until well after the first English Bible was translated and printed. It used the word 'dragon' instead.
>>
>>17593618
lake millis, wisconsin, they found giantz
>>
>>17604355
Nah they wouldnt die, it would be extremely painful though.
>>
>>17617602
For you
>>
IIT: People not aware of square-cube law
>>
>>17611649
OP of supossed shitpost here:

> Where's the ice?
in form of water and they are the current oceans, pre-flood earth didn't have oceans and/or rain.
note that there's no more ice layer that encircles the earth because a friggin asteroid destroy it.

> God said that on the 6th day he created man well when did he create dinosaurs?

if dinosaurs count as ''animals'' then yes he created them, also, we are talking about the possibility of men were like 10+ feet or more so, they could be like the size of a horse in comparision.
also in job they mention other creations labeled as ''monsters''.

> Where's the crater from that event?
there are multiples craters around the world, the most famous its the yucatan's one.
>>
>>17617700
Sessile marine beings would be crushed by the increased pressure of the deeper ocean; the salinity of the ocean water would fall, killing many organisms.
I'm sorry, there was no giant flood.
>>
>>17617715
The oceans were originally fresh water, the salt from the earth was mixed into the oceans as the flood drained off the land.
>>
File: 1461198891564.jpg (404 KB, 989x768) Image search: [Google]
1461198891564.jpg
404 KB, 989x768
>>17611624
''science'' as contemporary science a.k.a muh neil degrasse tyson fans promulgate its kind of religion too, just add some math that solves 1 problem and they engulf themselves claiming they know everything about everything.

clear and plain examples... dark energy and dark matter, they have to ''believe'' in them in order to make everyother thing makes sense for them, thus 0 evidence of both have been showed, sounds familiar...
>>
>>17617742
That still would not explain the problem of the sessile (fixed) organisms that would have been crushed by the increased pressure of the temporarily deeper ocean.
There is also this problem: animals out of Eurasia wouldn't be able to reach the Ark.
>>
>>17617755
They would have clearly died under the pressure of the water.
After the warning of a flood, how long did Noah have to build the ark before God said that He would flood the world?
>>
File: The Big Bang Theory.gif (11 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
The Big Bang Theory.gif
11 KB, 300x400
>>17617745
That image is bad; use this one instead.
>>
>>17617759
like 120 years or so, still not every animal like literal have to do it, even tho if they did, after the gigantic climatic and atmosferical change, a huge number of them plain died or did barely enough for future descendence being smaller in order to adapt the ''new'' earth
>>
>>17617777
I agree, nice quads. I don't know how you could prove ' a huge number', but I'm willing to concede that point.
>>
>>17597715
Underrated keks
>>
>>17597482
Deep
>>
>>17595993
>>
>>17604658
Fuck yourself. You think you're funny but you're just look like the little lost /b/tard
>>
>>17610226
Fucking Turks
I'm still mad about Jerusalem and Constantinople.
>>
>>17614136
>he says while not citing any evidence
>>
File: Cyclos.jpg (5 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
Cyclos.jpg
5 KB, 184x274
>>17593618
Titans aren't the same as giants. Titans were immortal, so no one would have ever claimed to have found remains of one. Cyclops on the other hand could be killed and were thought of as giants. Elephant skulls were mistaken for cyclops skulls because there is what looks like a giant eye socket in the middle of the skull.
>>
>no mention of Satya Yuga

You disappoint me /x/
>>
also Satya Yuga
>>
>>17604337
nice generalizations. It's pretty easy to spot someone without a social life since they tend to live in their own world and behave as disrespectfully as you do.
>your people
>exterminated
it's like you just came here from /pol/ and expected your ideology to be accepted site-wide. Grow up man, get a job, go outdoors and make friends. The preconceived notions that stormfront board puts in your head is only keeping you down and making you look like a jackass.
rant/
>>
File: cmon now.png (491 KB, 700x531) Image search: [Google]
cmon now.png
491 KB, 700x531
>>17593618
op what the fug is wrong with you
why would you post what you just posted?

dont do it again
>>
>>17618272
are you 12?
immortals can be killed...
>>
>>17596167
>I hate people for trying to be more interesting to watch on screen
wew, what's the matter?
>>
>>17593618
"If thou want to become big, thou must ingest big. CMON"
-Ancient Philosopher mutant that left humanity behind
>>
>>17607934
I've seen dinosaur bones before I don't think anybody would go to the effort of producing fossils of such size and variety for literally no other reason than deception
there would be much easier ways to go about tricking the populace about the age of the earth than creating incredibly intricate animal fossils that we can see their relative relation to modern archosaurs
dinosaurs are real, my friend
>>
>>17596063
>on /x/
>discussion the existence of 36' giants
>omfg you bringing a religious text into discussion how absurd

fucking hell man he just provided a source of something that talks about the subject he didnt say evidence or whatever, don't be a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1450816005519.jpg (223 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1450816005519.jpg
223 KB, 500x532
>>17593727
>when her height only starts with 9
>>
>>17617782
noe was 5xx y/o when god ordered to build the ark (gen 5:32), note it was at the same time the order was given when he have his sons (next chapter)
and when he enters the ark with his family he was 6xx y/o so, he could have about of 1xx years to build the ark.
>>
>>17619018

Well said anon.
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.