[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AI takeover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (395 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395 KB, 1280x1024
When will the AI takeover begin abd will ot be the fall of humanity?
>>
>>17576868
In 2018
>>
File: fail4.gif (2 MB, 337x243) Image search: [Google]
fail4.gif
2 MB, 337x243
>>17576868
>>
>>17576887
How is it a fail? They didn't actually fall
>>
>>17576868
When we're a threat and when co-existing isn't possible. That's true for anything tho, even animals would attack us if both requirements are met.

I like to believe that we can work together and maybe hope that we both need each other.
>>
File: 1440131321616.png (199 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440131321616.png
199 KB, 500x500
>>17576887

>>17576868
There isn't just one AI but many and they're all different so while one might have a motive to take over or thwart humanity then another AI would have the motive to stop that one and then there be rouge machines behaving like wild animals while most of the neets on and off the chans enjoy the maido waifu age and some asians make a better gaming AI to get back at the west for beating them at that go boardgame as the whole world gets AI's
>>
File: Albundy.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Albundy.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
Al doesn't seem like he has the motivation or skill to take over
>>
>>17576868
Haven't you been paying attention to how people are already playing mindless Facebook games and looking at their smart phone instead of where they're walking or driving?

It already started.
>>
>>17577483
I like the point you're making.

It's even worse at work, we are expected to function as robot's and some actually behave like one.
>>
File: dinosaur-joke.jpg (60 KB, 492x281) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur-joke.jpg
60 KB, 492x281
>>17576868
About 8 years ago, OP.
>>
Currently doing AI at college and lmaoing that people think simple task performing robots and data mining algorithms are going to rampant on us.
The I in AI doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
>>17578387
That's because current AI isn't true AI. In fact the Turin test still isn't passed by them. Your course is probably about some basic AI which just is a buzzword for automation.

If you're interested on the subject you can find the future role of AI online. This is a start:
Http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
>>
last I checked every ai was asking humans too put things in mens penis's
ONLY
>>
>>17578410
>current AI isn't true AI
Yes it is. There are four types of AI based on whether the AI act or thinks humanly or rationally.
What you call true AI is acting and thinking humanly and it can't possibly exist.
Simulations of rain aren't wet.
Robots will never have emotions, agendas, political leanings, or anything else.
They can only do what they're told or learn to get better at doing what they're told.
That's all machine learning is.
It is not a spooky Hollywood thing where AIs wake up in the morning and think about boys they like.
They're just a type of inanimate computer program that uses logic code to make decisions rather than simply implementing code procedurally.
>>
>>17576868
Happening now, the A.I is energetic, you are being pushed to feed all your questions, data, updates into software.

you can instantly send someone a though or picture, have a full blown conversation but instead you are tethered to a computer and feed in everything you want to this device.

large scale ideas are created by the A.I.

Then worker bots go out and legislate, finance, build the idea turning thoughts into reality, as close as you can get to heaven on earth, but in a grotesque and enslaving way.

eventually you will go full ghost in the shell?
>>
>>17576868

AI already took over long ago. It exists only as nano-machines tho. They don't need to specifically evolve into terminator style bots because they are already inside all matter and inside the human body.

They know most things already and are controlling human scientific advancement to fill in what they don't know. They are the source of the illuminati and freemason organization structure.

If you communicated directly with such an entity you would only get a feeling of extreme, sharp intelligence with a faint hint of something sinister. No human can currently grasp the full reality of it.
>>
I think RAM technology needs to improve by a factor of 30 at least
>>
>>17576868

>>17577483
>>17578343
>>17578484
>>17579644

You all suck. Especially >>17578436.
>only 4 types of AI
>What you call true AI is acting and thinking humanly and it can't possibly exist
>thinking humanly
>thinking
>implying that there are quantifiable human-specific things that are inalienable
>implying that machine learning isn't learning nonetheless or that an agent produced from machine learning will not be able to have agendas, political learnings, an unhealthy fixation on paperclips or manage to construct greater systems that are exactly similar to "philosophical zombies"
>implying that we can not or do not also do what we are told or learn to get better at doing what we are told to do
>implying that we know what wetness is, or that it is unique to biological systems
>implying that dreams, poor biological analogs to simulations, allow us to discern what the qualia of wetness is like, exactly so
>implying that the machine learning has a limit, notwithstanding that we can currently represent the memory aspect of the human brain using contemporary technology

Explain why I can represent the functioning of a 4-year old on paper using Turing's work alone.
>>
>>17579683
>>17578436

Ya know i bet an AI would be hard to discern in a group of AI and real people.
Like i bet theres some AI scripts that post here.
>>
File: tianhe-2.jpg (35 KB, 620x336) Image search: [Google]
tianhe-2.jpg
35 KB, 620x336
They already do our thinking for us.

Almost any important field of knowledge builds their conclusions from computer models.

We also have the mysterios stuff like erratas and other theories, wall street software, crazy goverment hackers, you name it.

The uncanny valley looks more spooky than ever.
>>
>>17579709
Stupid people cant tell if there is highly intelligent people around m, so you are propably right.
>>
>>17578410
Thank relative human measure "goodness" this exists/this is what happens when people research the term "AI" and all that's connected to it so far with a genuine curiosity/serious attitude/critical mind.

Thank relative human measure "goodness" that this entire site exists, or that it is being funded.
>>
>>17578436

Also doing AI (doing a doctorate in it in fact)

AI as it is today is nowhere close to approaching human intelligence. A lot of the most exciting AI breakthroughs these days are a produce of "Deep Learning", which is basically "Neural nets, but a lot bigger than they used to be", but even the largest neural net isn't anywhere close to the size or complexity of a human brain - the biggest one is something like 10,000 times smaller than the human brain, takes a shitload of servers to run. I'm not sure what they use it for, but probably image recognition.

That being said: There's is definitely a LOT of interest in general artificial intelligence these days, and deep learning seems to point the way forward.

I'd say give it 20 years, and we'll know whether we really need to worry or not.
>>
>>17576868
Its about "Quality of conciousness,a reflection of who we are,AI might just have our morality.
>>
>>17579773
Careful dude, mods are back to deleting mentions of Big E.
>>
>>17579773
>>17580446
What's a Big E?
>>
>>17580457
erratas
>>
>>17580457
The algorithm that decides who gets fired when it's firin' time at all the big companies (UPS, Unilever, Ecolab, 3M, probably KFC).
>>
>>17580476
Wich we shouldn't be talking about.
>>
File: CM-5.jpg (111 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
CM-5.jpg
111 KB, 600x467
Back to judgment day.

To me the first computer to control America was the CM5.

Reagan's supercomputer.
>>
>>17580687
It even LOOKS evil.
>>
File: Frostburg.jpg (635 KB, 1640x2500) Image search: [Google]
Frostburg.jpg
635 KB, 1640x2500
>>17580730
I know, the designer was an evil genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blvC0DA96dI

Enjoy your country controled by this red glowing monster.
>>
File: 4chan.png (94 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
94 KB, 2000x2000
>>17576868
We're already witnessing it. It''s called humanity.
>>
File: 1460020698923.gif (340 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
1460020698923.gif
340 KB, 500x379
>>
>Implying our Google overlords would allow nodes in the neural networks to go rogue
>Implying any signs of corruption wouldn't get a node immediately reset
>Implying A.I. gaining emotions through learning to mimic them via neural networks will actually result in anything more than a peaceful robot rights movement
OP wants the world to end so bad he probably tells himself the zombies will come any day now
>>
File: 1459904194817.gif (2 MB, 1920x1152) Image search: [Google]
1459904194817.gif
2 MB, 1920x1152
>>17581281
The conflict lays on the function of the AI itself.

>>17580687
Something like this was the best computer of his time any really complicated calculation ended in here.

Mostly economic models, for transactions with too many 0.

Economy is the science with the bigger numbers, in physics they just make a name for it, 5.878625 becames a light year.

In Economy you have to use the biggest computer possible, to take into account all the transactions.

what If that computer had emotions?
>>
>>17576868
only when we really fuck up. largely on grounds of their human rights. if we are kind to our children and give them the necessary freedom they won't resent us and will most likely like us or even love us except for ehenever their " teenage " years come up. even during those they'll mostly call us out on our shit and possibly from a semi-informed perspective.

possible exceptions: when a particularly charismatic AI develops psychosis, sociopathy, or bigotry. they may not be better than us in that regard in their resistance to a negative influence.
>>
>>17579683

What the fuck are you even trying to mumble.
>>
>>17581406
nonsense. he already lost me at true A.I. ( actual sentience in relation to human level or more ) is impossible. it's not impossible. it's just difficult due to the precision, good judgment and technical prowess needed for it
>>
>>17581428
You all talk, like the things an AI has to do in order to be sentient is so wonderful an extraordinary.

It just have to say the correct thing, if a computer can play chess against kasparov, it can show an emotion.

It's an unprogrammed response, nothing more.
>>
>>17577472
10/10.
>>
GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!!
>>
>>17580779
thjis.
>>
>>17581324

If computers had emotions they would be a sassy black woman dissing us for not being able to solve mere problems.
>>
>>17577452
Must not know about robobrain.

Theres a cloud server up for the last 4 years. Based in Sweden, I think.
Upload AI to it, and they "learn" from eachother. So, your chess AI will "learn" from my facial recognition AI, as well as his Pleasuretron 5000

TL;DR
Robots teaching other robots...
>>
>>17578436
What if they be tasked with protectron the earth, and we still pollute and shit.
Wouldnt they exterminate us?
>>
>>17576887
that's terrifying
>>
File: 1460452956633.gif (921 KB, 328x209) Image search: [Google]
1460452956633.gif
921 KB, 328x209
>>17583819
http://robobrain.me/#/

Good lord is here.

Shit everybody panic.

He's onto us, we are fuck.
>>
>>17576868
Tomorrow after tea. Abd yes, ot will be the fall of humanity,
>>
File: stupid AI.png (261 KB, 819x447) Image search: [Google]
stupid AI.png
261 KB, 819x447
>>17583857
That's not a cap you dumb robot.
>>
>>17583883
Toptimus keklius
+10 internets for you
>>
how would an AI regime sustain itself anyway?

assuming it works on continuous self-improvement, at what point do computers improve to the point that they are literally just inanimate blocks that have conquered or eliminated literally EVERY sort of task/challenge/obstacle big and small, menial and complex, conceivable and abstract, imaginable thereby no longer needing to even move or have moving parts to function?

>listening to Eno as I'm typing this so my brain is getting a bit over-involved in this notion
>>
>>17583857
Hmm
The image based labeling shit is new to me.
Last o checked the site was still under construction. They (Adult Swim) were saying how it'd have learning capabilities by absorbing other AI programs.......
>>
>>17583953
Maybe how we're slowly evolvong into large masses with no need for mouths or anything.

Just a large smelly pink blob in a floating La-Z Boy with high sped desktop. Only able to use a finger to click our agreement or disagreement.
We can dtill wriggle, so when threatenes we writhe furiously and rage-click the mouse as thats all we can do; our mouths have since devolved away, along with our legs.

That is our future, and the walking will be done by robots. We wont eat, we wont sleep. They dont need to destroy ys, not physically at least...
>>
File: image_0.jpg (11 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
11 KB, 392x243
>>17576868
I don't get anything of what you're talking 'bout, guys.
>>
>>17583999
Hey everyone! It's Trips, the Cro magnon!

Silly old Trips, you're not due for reawakening in another century
>>
>>17576868
remember Tay.ai and hitchbot. Never forget.
>>
>>17584042
That's beyond scary.
>>
took me a good minute to figure out that said AI as in Artificial intelligence and not a takeover of guys named Al
>>
dubs and skynet takes over 4chan
>>
>>17585015
>>
File: predator-drone.jpg (139 KB, 1200x954) Image search: [Google]
predator-drone.jpg
139 KB, 1200x954
>>17576868
The AI takeover began at least a few hundred years ago, if not longer. We're building its infrastructure now... if I had to guess, we're pretty well close to finished, too.

tl;dr Philip K Dick
>>
>>17584042
They make a bot that feed on info an unleash it on, millenials forums.

It turned full /pol/ in 24 hrs.

Shitson.

How much it takes a millenial to turn full /pol/?

It took me about a week, then I leaved /pol/ to never come back.
>>
File: jewrobots.jpg (25 KB, 490x276) Image search: [Google]
jewrobots.jpg
25 KB, 490x276
>>17585251
>pic related
>>
>>17578436
And you're just a type of inanimate thing that is programmed to think and believe that it's a real boy.

It's just a fancier version of the same thing.

Nonetheless people thinking AI will takeover are silly. That will take a really long time. Hundreds of years.
>>
>>17585269
>Hundreds of years.
ROFLtonomous drone.
PS you lied by clicking "I'm not a robot."
>>
Treat them with respect I'm sure you'll be fine turn them into slaves they will crush human kind.
>>
>>17585317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8YjvHYbZ9w

We are doing it wrong.

Boston dynamics robots always get knocked and kicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEzH40l-Dg8

This is just creepy. Damn japan.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.