[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in aliens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 36
File: alien-body1.jpg (12 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
alien-body1.jpg
12 KB, 285x214
Do you believe in aliens?
>>
File: B4BY.png (473 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
B4BY.png
473 KB, 450x600
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 223x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 223x223
I once got abducted by homeless people. They attacked me a drug me to the side of a building and knocked me out with a hammer. They stole my wallet and when I woke up my butt hurt.
>>
File: shootup.jpg (57 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
shootup.jpg
57 KB, 600x776
>>17576652
>They attacked me a drug me to the side of a building.

>me a drug me
>>
Aliens are reptilian, reptilians are somekind of demon specie, Aliens=demons. Why? Because aliens do the same thing as demons, are in occultism and they hide their proofs. They are secretly in government world doing what the demon's hierarchy want, and we learned technology so fast... not alone.
>>
Bush did 9/11
>>
I live in Texas, I see aliens everyday.
>>
>>17576636
I know a lady who saw aliens as a kid before she even knew what aliens were so I'm pretty open to it
>>
Yes, just don't have any interest in them or anything that have allegedly done or may do in the future.
>>
Of course there's aliens out there.

They're just billions of light years away and they'll never, ever reach or contact us, nor us them :)
>>
There's probably thousands of other intelligent lifeforms out there who are stuck on a shithole of a planet wondering the exact same thing.
What a depressing and lonely existence it is to be born a self-aware being.
>>
Yes, Mulder, I do.
>>
I've been interested in UFO activity for ten years now, and despite my skepticism, the extraterrestrial hypothesis for UFO activity does actually make sense and is one of the more plausible ways to explain some UFO sightings and alien encounters. Some, definitely not all. 95% of sightings are easily explainable, and of that other 5%, only the ones that aren't military are possibly extraterrestrial.

See MUFON for more info, they're legit.
>>
File: 1460056882444.jpg (1 MB, 4601x2365) Image search: [Google]
1460056882444.jpg
1 MB, 4601x2365
>>17577808
>MUFON
> they're legit.
>>
Fine, I'll tell another story:
>anon & wifey working for Mr. Gray
>Mr. Gray says, "sit in this field at night for xyz purpose, and I'll pay you extra"
>anon & wifey take piece of shit popup camper to abandoned horse field in bumfuck, Alabama

Wifey is a timid little girl so she's afraid of the dark
>anon uses trailer trash discount at Walmart, buys el cheapo solar lights to light path around designated area
>be 0:dark-thirty, wifey has to pee
>anon takes her, guides to tree by tiny blue lights
>anon walks comfortable distance away because I eat at that restaurant
>start to head back, still hidden in trees below dirt bank near creek

We looked up and saw a football field. It had flood lights, black windows, and made not a sound what-the-fuck-ever. It was floating just above a copse of pine trees, maybe two or three cars lengths from the camper.

Wife opened her mouth, and the thing went from 0 to past-the-horizon in less time than it took my dumb cracker mind to comprehend it.

It appeared to me like it slid down a hill, that's the manner it accelerated in.

Tl:dr - no, I don't believe in aliens
>>
>>17576678
You live in a trailer park with your single mom. Don't you?
>>
hab u seen a elien
>>
>>17576636
Is that actually a real alien?
>>
ozark haha that shits hilarious
>>
>>17580471
what else would it be
>>
pison numbria now that shit was funny.
>>
>>17576636
They're demons but yeah. Sure. They're worthless creations though.
>>17576678
People see them as reptiles because of their cold turkey like nature and the fear they feed off of.
>>
>>17576729
>Bush did 9/11
No he was a puppet of the jews who orchestrated 9/11
>>
>>17580471

Supposedly the videoers were visited by police or spooks and pulled the video. Some press release from the police stated that they had hoaxed it with "bread crumbs" and "chicken skin". So obviously a hoax tinfoil head! :^)
>>
>>17582703
Source on police taking/censoring russian videos?
>>
File: 1419724558029.jpg (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1419724558029.jpg
46 KB, 640x640
I believe it's incredibly unlikely that we are the only sentient species in this entire..whatever the fuck it is. Whether or not humans have been in contact with aliens in some form is another matter. I think it's pretty plausible that a species far more advanced than us has either stumbled across us at some point, or has known about us and earth for awhile, and are dealing with representatives of humanity in secret for whatever reason. Maybe we simply colonized this planet eons ago and originate from some ancient, secret interstellar coalition. Maybe they genetically engineered us from monkeys. Who knows man, who knows.
>>
File: Real aliens.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Real aliens.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>17576636
of course
>>
>people actually believe that the sum total of consciousness in the cosmos exists only here on Earth

The scary thing is these are usually the same people who have a hardon for war and overconsumption.
>>
They got to be out there right?
>>
>>17582726

Google it.
>>
>>17582744
This.

I mean even if the chance of life occurring(and lasting) in the universe was 1 in 1billion^100, there would still be an abundance of life. that's just how big the universe is.

To think absolutely nothing else exists out there is mathematically illogical.
>>
>>17576636
Do I believe there is intelligent life some where out in the universe? Yes.

Do I believe they've visited us? Not really.
>>
I know this is basic biology, but I still don't understand how life was formed on Earth. How was the first single celled organism created?

carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen combined and somehow created complex living organisms? Has this ever been proven in a lab?
>>
>>17576652

Are you implying that homeless people wasted precious drugs on you?
>>
>>17582979
It didn't sueddenly create complex living organisms. Life probably started out as complex chemical reactions that self replicated thanks to the environment of primordial Earth, but, driven by the reaction to self replicate change in the environment, snowballed into simple life.
>>
File: 8838128619_b8a6cc9949_b.jpg (256 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
8838128619_b8a6cc9949_b.jpg
256 KB, 1024x681
>be October 2013
>driving from Milwaukee back to illinois with friend
>long stretch of highway where there's nothing but farms
>in the distance is a treeline
>looked down to check song or something
>look back up and see two bright green trails dart below trees
>like firework trails
>think "Fuck yeah fireworks!"
>remember it's mid October
>almost 1 am
>Nobody would just let off 1 big ass firework
>tell friend what I just saw
>he missed it
>there were only 2 trails, not the multiple you see with fireworks
>pic related
it was them aliums
>>
>actually implying that chemical reactions of extremely common elements and molecules involved some sort of magic pixie dust
>and not just an incredible amount of time

The Oort cloud is full of comets which are rich in water, amino acids and simple sugars and traces of other organic compounds, which bombarded the fuck out of every single surface in the solar system. Yet people find it hard to believe that water once flowed freely on Mars, let alone life occurred there.
>>
>>17582979
No it's bs and they're starting to scramble to find different ways it happened:

http://www.space.com/20192-mars-life-before-earth.html

There just wasn't enough time for life to have evolved on earth the way they want to theorize. Now the narrative being pushed is that it came from an object like a meteor and was seeded here.
>>
I want to believe
>>
>>17583019

The reality is that the cosmos is teeming with life. Being surprised about life is like being surprised about nuclear reactions in stars.
>>
File: alienautopsy.jpg (28 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
alienautopsy.jpg
28 KB, 500x400
>>
File: aliens.jpg (155 KB, 880x589) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
155 KB, 880x589
>>
>>17583042
>Being surprised about life is like being surprised about nuclear reactions in stars.
No..It's not.

Actually discovering life outside Earth would be fucking astronomical and change history. Yes, we know there's a very high chance it's out there, but it's a completely different story to actually prove it.
>>
>>17582735
i like you anon
>>
File: 1457845370357s.jpg (5 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1457845370357s.jpg
5 KB, 246x250
>>17583047
yu know this is bullshit rite?
>>
>>17583048

Publically announced by President Clinton, never disproved in 20 years.

http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/snc/nasa1.html

>"For two years, we have applied state-of-the-art technology to perform these analyses, and we believe we have found quite reasonable evidence of past life on Mars,"
>>
File: 1426150675624.jpg (19 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
1426150675624.jpg
19 KB, 253x296
>>17583051
>expecting any image of an alien not to be complete bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (868 KB, 2100x2145) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
868 KB, 2100x2145
>>17576636
>aliens
No
>interdimensional jinn
Yes
>>
>>17583054
they found water on mars and assumed this meant past life.
>>
>>17583058

They found FOSSILS.
>>
>>17583042
Anon, it's time for you to Google Fermi paradox.
>>
>>17583073

>ignores the thousands of accounts of UFO and alien contact

I've seen UFOs with my own eyes. Blow that Fermi shrug out your asshole.
>>
>>17583063
No they did not.

http://news.discovery.com/space/alien-life-exoplanets/has-curiosity-found-fossilized-life-on-mars-150106.htm

... As hard as it is to prove a negative. They did once say they'd found fossils, but they later recanted. All part of a narrative.
>>
I believe aliens do exist
>>
>>17577808
My nigger. I've been into ufos ever since a kid. I've read books, reports, encounter experiences and watched numerous documentaries. And yes, many cases are so bizarre that it really would make sense if it was the ayy lmaos. Some of the cases even have physical evidence to backup the stories.
>>
>>17583080

They never recanted you liar.
>>
>>17583079
I have to. No reason to suppose they are aliens from light years away.
>>
>>17583086

>based on nothing more than laughably incomplete theories of physics
>>
>>17579765
that filename triggered me
>>
I'm pretty sure we could have better ufo thread on /b/ than here.
>>
>>17583051
>>
>>17583133
great pic anon thanks. haha
>>
>>17583090
Well I certainly can't stand up for theoretical physics as a real discipline. Touche anon.

But just knowing the nature of what we have seen thus far, the idea of *those things* being alien life is unlikely. Outside of earth, existence is inhospitable to life. So if you say physics is incomplete, you only make the case for aliens less believable, because you then have to go by what we've actually seen, which is emptiness and huge spheres of unsorted elements.
>>
>>17583132
yep. too much roleplaying here
>>
>>17576678
>>17580714
There beautiful creations of nature, far more complex and asthetically pleasing then our degenerate hosts we call our earthly forms. I hate my human apperance, what i wouldnt give to become one with my space brothers.
>>
>>17580724
The jews are a scapegoat of evangeical christian filth. Its the 1% who orchastrated 9/11, to depower the middle class.
>>
File: Castle-wallpaper-10823297.jpg (306 KB, 1440x1280) Image search: [Google]
Castle-wallpaper-10823297.jpg
306 KB, 1440x1280
>>17583443
>tripfags as Lucifer the Most Vile
>claims aliens are beautiful
Sound legit.
>>
>>17583472
Actually is namefagging. Cancerous behavior either way.
>>
>>17577690
>They're just billions of light years away and they'll never, ever reach or contact us, nor us them

This stupid meme needs to die.

Just because we're still a bunch of shit burning morons that can't figure out the physics behind faster than light travel doesn't mean it can't be done. The fact that we're being visited by non-Earth entities clearly demonstrates that faster than light travel can, and IS, being done.

There's billions of stars like ours in our galaxy alone, let alone the cosmos, and some are thousands, millions, and billions of years older than our own, which means there could be civilizations thousands, millions, or billions of years more advanced than our own.

10,000 years ago a stick with a pointy rock on it was a piece of advanced technology, and now we're coming up on 50 years since we sent men to the moon and brought them back alive. Think about what we could come up with in a million years, if we last that long.
>>
>>17583048
>No..It's not.

Yes, it is.

We are not made of anything special that can't be found in abundance anywhere else in our galaxy, let alone the cosmos as a whole.

It is absolutely pants on head retarded to think that "life" is in any way "special" in the cosmos considering the sheer size of this bitch, and the ridiculous number of matter producing stars that exist in EVERY galaxy.

Any fucking moron can examine the cosmos and realize that there isn't one of ANYTHING, but BILLIONS of EVERYTHING.

Life is no more uncommon than planets, and creating life is just what the cosmos does, the same way it creates stars, asteroids, meteors, galaxies, etc...
>>
Ye
So what?
>>
>>17584114
what so what?
>>
File: 1460328400174.jpg (14 KB, 447x585) Image search: [Google]
1460328400174.jpg
14 KB, 447x585
>>17583556
Everybody wants to think that but the simple fact is it isn't true. What you are theorizing (life exists elsewhere) just doesn't fit with what we are observing.

You can try to point out that some chemical sequences are found in comets, but that's as close as we've come so far.
>>
>>17583443
Axhsually Lucifer is probably jealous and resentful of human appearance
>>
>>17584136
Tfw lucifer is probably just the name of a annunaki freighter that was in orbit... And he's not even real
>>
>>17584127

if you going to post picx of such ugly life forms I will never ever fucking never
again ever never read your posts again
fucking never ever again.
FUCK !!!!
>>
File: 1456018624241.gif (4 MB, 488x360) Image search: [Google]
1456018624241.gif
4 MB, 488x360
This thread makes me feel like I'm back in high school, sitting at that one table where everyone's wearing glasses and reading fantasy books about magic.

Does anyone here have any ideas about these beings that DOESN'T involve aliens or demons?
>>
>>17576636
Yeah, I believe in aliens. I do not, however, necessarily believe that an alien species has visited earth.

The universe is unbelievably large, and human civilization hasn't been very recognizable from even near space for very long.

It seems to me that it is impossibly unlikely or the greatest coincidence that a space-faring race from even the closest star systems would have come here.
>>
>>17582735
It is mathematically almost certain that we aren't alone in this universe.
>>
>>17583008
HOLY SHIT
I saw something just like what you desxribe! I was going home from gf house a few years ago, and I swear to god I saw what looked like a bright green meteor go through the clouds into the distance. Craziest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>17583472
Cainhurst?
>>
>be me, young, maybe 8 or 9
>going camping with a family friend out in Hope Valley, Nevada
Before you go for area 51 bullshit, hope valley is in the mountains a little south of Tahoe because we lived in Carson City for a while when I was a young in
>it's dark and we're traveling in a pretty desolate area
>childhood friend points out my window and says he saw a bright light zoom across the sky
>"yeah, right. Probably a plane"
>we're both glaring out my window, looking up for anything else to prove he's not a bag of lying shit
>see two white lights and a red light form into the tips of a triangle
>much bigger than a plane
>they start rotating like one large object slowly
>we stare and it sort of fades off
>????
>we get distracted by our gameboys
>>
>>17584261
Flying triangles, TR3-B, so many people have seen them, yet so few connect the dots. They are a US black project that has been around for at least 30 years.
>>
>>17576636
the fact that the universe is ever expanding and a theory states that it is a multiverse, there's a high possibility of intelligent life other than ours.

Only ignorants and the retarded doesn't believe
>>
File: tinkerbell.jpg (54 KB, 426x600) Image search: [Google]
tinkerbell.jpg
54 KB, 426x600
>>17584159
>Does anyone here have any ideas about these beings that DOESN'T involve aliens or demons?

Accualy is fairies. All they do and all the guises they take is just to make fun of us.
>>
>>17584127
>What you are theorizing (life exists elsewhere) just doesn't fit with what we are observing.

That is absolutely, 100%, wrong. Period.

Everywhere we observe we see the same exact shit we, and our planet, are made of, including hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, and on, and on, and on, and the same huge ass stars that blew the fuck up and distributed heavy matter throughout our solar system are found everywhere.

The more we see, the more we realize that shit's pretty much the same everywhere, and the same combination of time plus gravity that gave birth to everything, also gives birth to life throughout the cosmos.
>>
File: 1460498446141.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1460498446141.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
Tfw math is man made
>>
there are trillions of planets out there and i believe there is life on at least a few of them. I dont believe they have visted our planet before
>>
>>17584171
Obvs green Lantern cmon guys
>>
>>17582956
Google doesn't bring anything relevant, thus why I asked. Do you have a source saying the police went to those ruskies who made the video and told them to delete everything? I'm waiting.
>>
>>17584382
... And NO life.

Hydrogen, helium, oxygen, carbon. That's an overwhelming majority of everything. Most of the material in the universe isn't even in the form of atoms at all.

Yes, there are a shit ton of planets. Yes, inb4 Drake's equation. But there is still far more emptiness than possibility of life, let alone as we define it.
>>
>>17583080
Found the shill
>they later recanted

They didn't.
>>
>>17583133
AYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>17582736
Someone somewhere fill me in on these annunaki looking beings.
>>
>>17576636
I believe in the possibility of aliens.
As to whether they exist, I do not know.
>>
>>17583443
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPdYYsEfAE
>>
>>17583047
That's from xfiles
>>
>>17584467
That's just dumb, anon.

We're not special by any means, and neither is life itself.
>>
>>17584660
>be this anon
>get hit by a truck
>die
>>
I believe but after working with dolphins it killed all my hope of one day finding an aylmao.

It would be the same shit.
>>
Guys, what if ayy lmaos look just like us and that's why it is a secret?
>>
>>17584729
Haven't you ever watched/read H2G2? Shit, dude. The dolphins are ayylmaos.
>>
>>17583258
>Outside of earth, existence is inhospitable to life

To Earth life, you mean.
>>
of course.
i've seen crafts 2 times
there is no way that we are alone in this ever expanding universe
>>
>>17584292

>the us government has not just technology, but science that has been decades to centuries ahead of public knowledge
>they have had this knowledge for decades
>they test their top secret, atomic powered experimental antigrav aircraft in full public view
>by flying illegally over built up areas and restricted commercial airspace
>in other countries all over the world

You'd have to have some real cognitive dissonance to buy that.
>>
>>17584451

https://www.rt.com/news/dead-alien-siberia-body/

Why would the police visit them over this? why was the video taken offline?
>>
>>17584723
we are very special at least I'm
>>
>>17582736
The one on the right reminds me of cumberpatch
>>
>>17584723
>we're not special by any means
And that's what's driving your argument, your adherence to that statement.

Because at present the facts don't agree with you.
>>
>life requires magic
>>
>>17585054

The facts absolutely agree with me, and all one need do is look in the night sky to realize that.

What "facts" are you referring to that shows we're special in any way?
>>
What do you think would happen if you actually found an alien body or a crashed UFO?

Do you think some official agency would come visit you? Would they let you keep what you found?

What do you think they would tell the media? Would you believe what the media said? What if you told your friends you found a UFO while the media and gov officials were reporting a weather balloon, would your fiends believe you or think you are crazy?
>>
>>17576636
Yes, I believe we're so primitive by comparison that we actually believe the speed of light is a real barrier to advanced entities. I hesitate to even say "species" or "civilizations".

We're too different to interact at all, really.
>>
>>17585092

The government would cover it up, the media would make you look like a loon, and the only people that would believe you are your closest friends, and those of us actually capable of thinking for ourselves.
>>
File: abundance_universe.jpg (18 KB, 400x247) Image search: [Google]
abundance_universe.jpg
18 KB, 400x247
>>17585085
Rare earth hypothesis anon. Google it or view the wiki. It does posit that simple life should be everywhere, but the sequences required in a planets life for complex life to form are ridiculous.
>star metals are too rare outside of a certain range
>gamma rays and x ray radiation is too intense inside of a certain range
>too close to the galaxy core, meteors are much more common and could extinguish any life that begins to form with some regularity

We are alone.
>>
>>17585138
>Rare earth hypothesis anon.

Ranks right up there with "the bible says so", anon.

You're a creationist, aren't you?
>>
>>17585138

Pretty astronomical odds to winning the lottery as well, yet somebody seems to win most times.
>>
>>17585138

And what biological significance does lead have?
>>
File: boyd alium.png (454 KB, 908x441) Image search: [Google]
boyd alium.png
454 KB, 908x441
>>17585092

What will happen is that whoever does these things will go to any lengths to shut it down. Just look at Boyd Bushman, who will go down in history as a loon perpetuating a hoax. The shutdown on this one was relentless.

But the fact is, the aliums are the ones controlling disclosure because if they wanted they could just make it happen. It is their will that things happen this way.
>>
>>17585144
I most certainly am a creationist. I am assuming you ask as if to undermine my judgment or argument. I don't think admitting my belief in a *cause* of existence will undermine my understanding of that existence at all. Your presumption that "we're not special" however, has already informed & undermined yours (if that was you). You gave it as a reason as if it cemented the logic what you said.

Having an original mover doesn't negate the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's possible. But because of the work of the two scientists who proposed rare earth, I think it's unlikely. I didn't like, come across their work in the church bulletin or anything.

I don't know if they are creationists or not. Maybe you should email them at the university of Washington and ask them.

I just don't see alien life as probable.
>>
>>17585158
It's poisonous to us. If you're referring to the table that was only meant to show how rare metals are in the universe.
>>
>>17585236

Relatively uncommon you mean. Absolutely nothing is rare in the universe and if you're implying that some element on Earth is rare, you're either deluded or lying.
>>
>>17585216
>I most certainly am a creationist

Stopped reading right there. It means you have a view of the cosmos which requires you to filter what you see to fit that viewpoint. AKA COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.
>>
>>17585263
Unable to entertain that my thoughts might be correct, disable them by attacking my philosophical beliefs.

+1 anon. >>17585263
>>
>>17584417
That is why it has stupid errors such as infinite numbers. Excepting those are not errors. Mfw too 2complex4me.
>>
>>17585278
He is right though.
>me not understand
>let's act like cave men and believe god created it all
>>
File: sombrero-man.jpg (21 KB, 330x220) Image search: [Google]
sombrero-man.jpg
21 KB, 330x220
>>17576636
wont have to for long...
>>
>>17585278

Nice deflection, but the default position is to take the facts. Creationism has even less evidence than the UFO and alien contact phenomenon which has thousands of witnesses. This clashes with a creationist viewpoint thus we end up with thread shitters like yourself who will dismiss those people as insane, mistaken or just liars.

Creationists are the people that come to tell us that UFOs are created by some super-smart conspiracy of the US government, with science that's beyond the rest of humanity by centuries. That aliens are demons here to trick us from listening to the church tell us that pulling your dick will send you to hell. I'm sorry but fuck you.
>>
>>17583019
You're full of shit. There are competing hypothesis for biogenesis but none are conclusively proven and this is known. No one is "scrambling" to do shit. Panspermia isn't the narrative, it's just one of the competing hypotheses. You sound scientifically illiterate.
>>
>>17585216
>I most certainly am a creationist.

And we're done....thank you.
>>
>>17585578
>>17585362
And therefore, aliens.
>>
>>17585634
More likely than god which has no evidence whatsoever.
>>
>>17585663
Anon, the only reason God was ever brought into this was to try to put some form of argument against rare earth, which has nothing to do with God to begin with and was suggested by a paleontologist and an astrobiologist. Not by me. I work at a fucking grocery store, dude.

There are better threads to shit post in.
>>
>>17585722
>There are better threads to shit post in
At least we agree with something. I jumped into middle of the internet fight without reading the arguments properly, I give you that. It is shitposting but I'm used to do that because that's how /x/ works.
>>
WATCH OUT its hte allens
>>
Aliums exist and visit Earth, and the reality of the situation is far weirder than ayy lmaos in flying saucers.
>>
>>17584982
>the person your replying to never implied the government actively wants to do this over public areas
>implying mistakes aren't made and would not be made in such a scenario.
>>
>>17586539

Wow for such a super secret program run by the smartest people on the planet, kept hidden for decades, they sure fuck up a lot.
>>
>>17585006
it doesnt count if your mom told ya
>>
>>17576636
Just the two nights ago my parents saw some fucked up glowing sphere flying faster than anything they'd thought possible, and it was completely silent. I'd consider myself a skeptic but if both of my parents are saying the same thing then it's hard to not wonder what the fuck is going on around here. Ausfag here btw, QLD to be more precise.
>>
>>17586708
ball lightning
>>
>>17583008
>>17584171
You guys are fucking with me, I saw the exact same thing back in 2011 while driving at night in Maine
>>
>>17586716
Isn't that supposed to be near the ocean or some shit though?
>>
>>17584171
I saw this shit too when I was about 6~7 in Illinois.
I'm seriously not joking. I don't remember it being like fireworks, but I definitely remember a green trail across the sky.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msQwpzatQc

no time to webm it, will do later
>>
>>17583008
>long stretch of highway where there's nothing but farms

So about where on I94 is this?
>>
>>17585663

There is a segment of creationist idiots that have been trying to use pseudo-science to justify their bullshit as of late, as they realize that "muh bible" can no longer be used to justify anything to anyone but the most idiotic among the population.

Hence, they latch on to any "science" that they can claim justifies their position, like "rare Earth", or the "intelligent design" garbage. Doesn't matter if nobody else buys into it, as long as it comes from a "scientist".

In the case of the "rare Earth" bullshit, this theory exists despite the fact that we've only had the capability to I.D. exo-planets orbiting other stars for about 25 years or so. As our technology and technique has developed, we discover more planets every year, by the score, and now know of a couple thousand exo-planets. However, we can usually only observe 1 giant planet per system, like Jupiter, which means that each known giant planet could very well have additional planets in their system that we simply can't observe.

These early observations confirm the fact that, like star formation, planet formation is just something the cosmos does.....by the billions. So, no, we're not "rare" by ANY means, nor is life.
>>
Bumpin.
>>
I do. But I have no proof they exist. So whatever.
>>
>team fucking around in spawn while enemy team pushes in for the point

I don't

I don't get it

Why? We only had a minute left to defend. Why are you bouncing around in fucking spawn?
>>
>>17586733
i saw the same thing when i was jerkin it to a picture of your mom on a magazine. Those pages are stuck together now
>>
>>17583055
fuck. that brings me back anon. Mothafukken bionicles
>>
>>17583008
>>17584171
>>17586733
>>17586743
Its just a meteor that is burning green from it having nickel in it . I live pretty far away from a city where the night sky is clear and have seen these multiple times.
Wish it was something more but unfortunately it is not, anons.
>>
>>17583443
Christ Jesus have mercy on your soul.
>>
File: zecharia-sitchin.jpg (147 KB, 380x458) Image search: [Google]
zecharia-sitchin.jpg
147 KB, 380x458
>>17585204
wew, lad. you have to jump through some hoops there to believe this shit.
>>
>>17578033
You saw... a floating football field?
>>
yes but most of them are not material
>>
>>17583047
any info about that photo?
>>
>>17588514
T.V. show.

X-files, I believe.
>>
>>17577518
How did she not know?
>>
>>17577690
>we don't know how to travel faster than light so no other species does either! :D
>I'm a faggot! :D
>>
>>17577821
They are
>>
>>17576652
>>17582981
KEK
>>
>>17582979
That's because the scientific community as a whole still isn't certain how it happened.
>>
>>17583073
We may just not have had enough time to make contact. SETI has only looked in a relatively small amount of space. And that's because we have been looking for a relatively short amount of time
>>
>>17583443
Human beings are fucking beautiful
>>
>>17583533
This. Thank you so much.
>>
>>17584127
>we haven't encountered intelligent life yet.
>life doesn't exist elsewhere.

There's no guarantee that life on other planets is intelligent. Just because we don't pick up radiowaves or any thing indicating advanced civilization doesn't mean the life isn't out there. There could be planets teeming with primitive life. We wouldn't be able to detect it unless we visited the planet in lerson
>>
>>17584147
>annunaki freighter
Proof?
>>
What would really help with the search for life is having the knowledge on if everything ends up the way it is now. Is there electricity, complex chips, microwaves, radio waves..
What I'm asking is.. is there only one way for life to take a direction in as far as technological advances? and if not, how different could it be from our own?
>>
>>17584159
You honestly believe demons and fairies are more reasonable explanations than aliens?
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>17583008
That's odd, a friend on cuckbook just posted about seeing a green shooting star an hour ago.
>>
>>17588915
And might I add I'm from Illinois as well.
>>
>>17588822
>is there only one way for life to take a direction in as far as technological advances?

Technology develops as a result of necessity, for food, survival and such, and through observation of the physical world, such as lighting, magnetism, and such.

Since the laws of physics are likely to be universal throughout the cosmos, then it is likely that many of the developments we have made incrementally throughout history will be mirrored elsewhere.

Interestingly enough, a species that has developed different kinds of sensors to survive in their environment, eyes, ears, scent detectors etc, may have developed technologies based on their own unique abilities to make different observations. Our eyes are only sensitive to a very narrow spectrum, and other species may see differently and be unable to see the spectrum we can.

Regardless, any intelligent species will recognize gravity, nuclear fusion (through observing stars), and the electromagnetic spectrum, which means they'll all have to develop some kind of technology to utilize them, the same as us.

So while there's liable to be many similarities, there's also likely many differences.
>>
>>17588805
Indeed. I'm of the opinion that intelligent life is rare. No reason microbes or simple life wouldn't be more common.

The X-files episode "Firewalker" had a good premise.
>>
Perhaps the life on planet Earth is a unique concept universe-wide and there may be some some other icomprehensive concepts out there paralleled to the one we know.
The Earth in its own perspective is very diverse by all aspects, shouldn't be the universe too?
>>
File: ayylmao smoke.webm (871 KB, 624x464) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao smoke.webm
871 KB, 624x464
>>17584127
>>17584417
>>17584640
ayyyy mah niggas
>>
>>17589439
lmao what is source please
>>
>>17589531
That is from X-files season 3, "Jose Chung's from Outer Space."

One of the best.
>>
>>17576636
Of course. Anyone that doesn't just doesn't understand probability and the scale of the universe.

Consider that nearly every bit of sci fi from Star Trek to Mass Effect to Rama has taken place just in our galaxy. Star Wars is a very rare exception. You have millions of stars, each capable of having at least one planet (in fact nearly every star has one minimum) in just the Milky Way Galaxy. There are billions of galaxies out there with their own millions of stars. Every twinkle in the sky has the ability to hold life.

Intelligent life? Probably. Could be so far away it'd take epochs to reach. Why has there been no proof? Distance and scale. Finding a radio signal from them would be like a grain of sand in Australia aiming directly at a grain of sand in California at just the right moment while moving in a different direction and speed at 20,000 mph. Again, probability.

We may never find proof. We have to get much much faster than light to have even a 1% chance. And even then it'll boil down to chance.
>>
>>17589559
Oh my god thank you
I needed to see this lol
"This is not happening"
>>
>>17583056
daksouls future concept art
>>
ayyyy lmao
>>
>>17588408

>dem all crazy :^)
>>
>>17589602

>proof

I totally believe that if aliums were marched out live on TV at the UN, people wouldn't believe it. There would be posts about conspiracies, NWO, CGI and all sorts of shit. Nobody would believe it.
>>
File: 1389805853937.png (277 KB, 1348x1086) Image search: [Google]
1389805853937.png
277 KB, 1348x1086
>>
>>17590159

>what space-niggers actually believe

Humans are space niggers.
>>
>>17579765
wow is that a real alien?
>>
ARE ALI
GAY ?
>>
File: soon.png (274 KB, 460x366) Image search: [Google]
soon.png
274 KB, 460x366
>>17590159
>small thoughts of a small mind
>>
>>17585138
you know that ununquadium is made in labs, right?
>>
>>17582736
Are these the human/grey hybrid that people are talking about?

Abduction story of how humans were abducted by the Greys and harvest their semen to preserve the Grey race.
>>
>>17577690

When the universe was "created" it was expanding faster than the speed of light, because it was a vacuum with and didn't have physical matter.

If there's away you can remove yourself from space, or bend the space, you can travel vast distances in know time.

Hell, we haven't got a fucking clue.

Ketchup mixed with a dildo could be the secret to ftl travel
>>
>>17583056
This new pokemon game is gonna be sick!
>>
seriously, where's moonmoon™©?
>>
Yes, the universe is too big for them not to. Though there could be several reasons any would be interested in us. You have to consider that it's probably more than one group looking at us, which would explain the differences in encounters and recorded ship designs. Their thoughts toward us can vary from from thinking that we're a hazardous species that needs to be locked down, to a potential client race that they want to uplift once they deem us as collectively ready. Some groups might not care about us at all, thinking we're just a primitive species that will die out before it goes outside its own system.
>>
>>17590442
Gemini capsule was a fucking joke
>>
>>17583055
fuck yea legos
>>
>>17591662

Look in the mirror.
>>
>>17583443
if you're not against them, then you're not with us. FUCK OFF
>>
>>17588724
Incorrect. The miller eury experiment of the 50's was the first proof that complex organic molecules can form within the early earth conditions. Further evolution is modular.
>>
File: Eric_the_Midget.gif (19 KB, 207x213) Image search: [Google]
Eric_the_Midget.gif
19 KB, 207x213
I was raped by an alien.
>>
>>17589033
My opinion is that serious differentiation in scientific and technological trees will be apparent. We are in the early stages of seriously harnessing technology. 200 years in generalities will be observed in all advanced species technology. Further on however, 2000 ~20000 etc years in there will be areas with great advancement and areas with less.
>>
>>17577510
Top zoz
>>
File: 1380753001550.jpg (180 KB, 780x1240) Image search: [Google]
1380753001550.jpg
180 KB, 780x1240
>>17576652
>me a drug me
>>
>>17593683
>We are in the early stages of seriously harnessing technology.

We're still, essentially, shit burners, but instead of burning animal dung for fuel, it's oil. What's sad is that there are still actually people that rely on burning animal dung for the energy needs.

Regardless, the cosmos clearly demonstrates THE way to create energy, and that's nuclear fusion. Too bad the corrupt politicians won't fund fusion research. and science, the way we should.
>>
>>17594893

Yes for all of humanity's crowing, our understanding of the universe is laughably incomplete. Our technology is often just brute-forced and likely cargo-culted from aliums.
>>
Yes, obviously.

I'm uncertain that they've actually visited Earth in any capacity.
>>
>>17584136
Lucifer is said to be God's most beautiful creation. He didn't want to bow to god because of how beautiful he is. Also, I get frustrated to see you guys constantly call the Devil the name Lucifer. He was Lucifer before falling. Meaning he was one with the light bearer (God's first words are let there be light). If you're enlightened and your heart is filled with God's light then you are Lucifer as well. Lucifer is the same as Prometheus. He "stole" fire from the Heavens and brought it to us so that we may become enlightened and like God.

2Pet 1:19 (NIV) And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

This demonstrates that if you absorb divine wisdom you can light up the dark. You become one with the light bearer, another name for God/Lucifer, and the morning star, once again a name for God/Lucifer, rises in your heart.

Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."

There Jesus says HE is the morning star. I just wanted to call you guy's attention to this. People call Satan the name Lucifer more than Satan lately and I believe this was seeded as disinformation to get people to insult Jesus and his enlightened followers and think he's Satan instead of the real Satan. At the very least we can all agree he's referred to as Satan post-fall. So calling him by his honorable, original angelic name would be giving him credit he doesn't deserve and calling him by a title that he's lost. Satan is named Satan and we should call him by such instead of empowering him and insulting the Lord by calling Satan Lucifer (AKA: The Light Bearer, The Morning Star).
>>
>>17594013
Wew lad. That forced meme is the funniest ever. Thank god you took a screenshot so everyone could enjoy its hilarity
>>
>>17597430
We're talking about reality, not ancient Jew fairy tales, sunshine.
>>
>>17597430
That's interesting, I've considered that as well. You might also remember the warning that Satan masquerades as a messenger of light. Clearly the thought is that Satan had some form of divine nature. May very well be deception to push the narrative that he's pure evil.
>>
Id like to imagine that Aliens know we exist but their government has a policy of not intervening on planets until they reach a certain level of technology, like say landing a manned mission to another planet.

So one day we finally have a manned mission to Mars and Neil Armstrong Mach 2 hops out and outside the door is a couple aliens holding a banner that says "welcome to the space federation!!" and then they give us a bunch of new tech and we all get to be friends.
>>
>>17588496
Where else u gonna play sky football bruv?
>>
>>17584467
>Most of the material in the universe isn't even in the form of atoms at all.

If it's not made of atoms, then by definition it's not material. DUH.
>>
Roswell, New Mexico. 1947
>>
>>17592585

Not at the time it wasn't.
>>
>>17599122
You can't figure out what I mean anon? I get your point.
>most of the mass

Although you won't get much of assn argument out of me, I don't believe in dark matter/energy.

http://www.space.com/4554-scientists-dark-matter-exist.html
Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.