[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sigil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: PRAYER-1.jpg (104 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
PRAYER-1.jpg
104 KB, 1200x1200
Post sigil magic experiences, tips ,stories , funny stuff , also how do you write your statement?
>>
bumping for the magicz
>>
File: Break.gif (2 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
Break.gif
2 KB, 248x248
>>17563158
I had severe reactions in the thread where I first posted this. I just had similarly severe reactions from something else I just posted. It's surreal to see the timeline shift so rapidly.
>>
File: hello darkness.jpg (82 KB, 717x786) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness.jpg
82 KB, 717x786
>>17563202
I have severe depression.
>>
File: BUMP.jpg (12 KB, 597x316) Image search: [Google]
BUMP.jpg
12 KB, 597x316
God damn I love this stuff, still the ONLY reliable and user friendly method ever invented.

I used to be super into it and do it all the time. I love Austin Osman Spare. That's the magician who invented this system if anyone doesn't know. His books are amazing too.

Lurking, if anyone wants to ask anything about the system or Austin Osman Spare I will share what I know.
>>
>>17563158
I have a story for you if you want to hear it
>>
Thoughts on this guys guide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzhOGsWvIEs
>>
>>17563592

I do but I'm not op
>>
>>17563601
Give me one more bump for interest and tell you what, I'll give you all of it. Right here right now
>>
>>17563601
Fuck it I'll go for it from here

A little backstory

>Grew up very middle class
>My father was a fair yet abusive man
>He had very neurotic tendencies, and from that I developed my own special brand of OCD
>Like, when I was in high school I wouldn't speak to friends if they came over and at food on my couch
>That kind of shit. Very anal retentive.
>Highschool starts to come to a close though
>Had a few kind of girlfriends but now have a 'serious' girlfriend
>Y'know, as serious as upperclassmen get
>Anyways, she's always very adamant that she is able to see spirits
>I've never been the type
>A few times when she stays the night though, I suddenly become lucid after sleepwalking and wake her up to bring her to my window
>Each time, I would tell her "That man is burying a pistol out there"...
>She just assumed I was delirious despite the way she was, but one night, I woke up in a frenzy
>There was a thunderstorm, and I was sleep-awake again, but manic
>I told her the man with a shovel just shot another man

cont. If interest
>>
File: bump_sign_W8-1_large.jpg (75 KB, 757x563) Image search: [Google]
bump_sign_W8-1_large.jpg
75 KB, 757x563
>>17563610

BUUUUUUUUUUMP
>>
>>17563635

im interdasted but im pretty sure it's just me. pls go on
>>
>>17563639
Well heres where we do a little more. Lets say. Forward tracking? Like I said that was the backstory.
Anyways.

>We've been dating a good while
>We have routine seances because she was the type
>Made me a pendant, taught me how to commune with spirits and shit
>At the time I thought it all bullshit but hey, spiritual gf that isn't a rave girl thats kind of cool
>Eventually start to feel this presence

>Whenever I wake her up I start calling the man in the yard 'Sam'
>I can never remember speaking in my sleep but I start reiterating that Sam wasnt there to hurt us
>But I still wake her up
>Still say, 'Sam is burying his gun in the yard again.'
>Months go by like this until she brings it up in front of my brother
>He is 8 years older than me, at the time I'm 17
>He talks to me later that night and asks me if I remember the revolver we found in the woods when we were kids

cont.
>>
>>17563639
>>17563662

Same or nah?
>>
>>17563670

Yes and unfortunately I'm also this guy
>>17563557

I'm everyone in the thread except OP but please do go on
>>
Again, if this story isn't gaining traction I'm sorry. But I swear this is the most horrifying thing that ever happened in my life. I just hope I have a bit of audience.
>>
File: purson.gif (5 KB, 355x349) Image search: [Google]
purson.gif
5 KB, 355x349
I've been wanting to get a tattoo of Purson's sigil. Do you think he'll bless me if I do?
>>
>>17563686

I'm here dude and hey maybe I can offer some illumination into what happened bro not that I'm smart but I am interested in your story
>>
>>17563683
An audience of one is just fine, please just do me this favor. I've waited a long time to tell this. So please, green text this, let it float along the archives and shit. So here's whats next, in one moment. Gonna get the next chunk done.
>>
>>17563695

sure man

>>17563693

I think you're gonna get buttfucked by a demon
>>
>>17563693
From wikipedia:
>In demonology, Purson is a Great King of Hell, being served and obeyed by twenty-two legions of demons. He knows of hidden things, can find treasures, and tells past, present, and future. Taking a human or aerial body he answers truly of all secret and divine things of Earth and the creation of the world. He also brings good familiars.
>>
>>17563683
>>17563694
I really don't need illumination, it's just a bit of a long story.

>Me and this girl I'm dating
>Lets call her Lisa for convenience sake
>Clearly we're still fucking heavy with the paranormal shit
>My parents are going through a bad divorce at the time so she's sucking me more and more into her spiritual ideas
But the revolver
>There wasnt anything special about it remotely
>My brother and I found it in the woods near my house when we were children
>Rusted to hell and so far from being able to function
>We kept it in the basement until he moved out
>When I went through his shit, I found it in a box full of lighters pipes etc under his bed
>He just told me he never liked that we had it, despite the fact it didnt work
>I told him not to worry

So at this point

>It might just be the draw of superstisious pussy
>But I start seeing 'Sam'
>Never feeling, just that standard silhuotte shit
>Then again, I was 17-18 going through a lot of shit
>I had a lot of problems with drugs
>But I had never had problems with my perception of reality.
>And he started to feel real to me.

Cont soon, final stretch coming.
>>
>>17563683
I do wish this was longer and more dramatic, but I'm gonna tell you how it is
>>
>>17563731

scool dude go for it I'm suspense'd
>>
>>17563663
please continue
>>
>>17563557
Any stories to tell?.
>>
>>17563724
But here is the second to last stretch. And here I am going to have to back track again and ask you to suspend your belief a bit.

>There were three instances in my youth
>Like with how I couldnt fully recollect talking about 'Sam' outside my window, I never understood why I said these things
>The first was this
>In grade school we had a math teacher
>A long term life friend of mine Mike was in the class
>The teacher was always going on excitedly about how excited he was to have a child
>One day the phone rings
>I pull Mike towards me and say 'it's dead'.
>Young as we were he's like wtf, it was very uncharacteristic of me
>Our teacher's wife had just had a miscarriage
2nd
>Mike and I are still in school together
>Have a class where we generally dick off and fuck with other weird future fuck ups
>One kid raises his hand
>Like the only kid to ever volunteer in that fucking class
>I ask my friend how his arms and head look
>Says 'fine wtf'
>two weeks later
>the chemo he hasnt been talking about start wreaking havoc on him
>the obvious happens
3rd
>In highschool, 'mike' goes somewhere else now
>There's a guy everyone likes in my class
>Lives down the block from me
>One day we're all hanging out with him
>Like, the stoners hanging out with the jock in the neighborhood
>He gets a ride to school dance and gets killed in an accident on the way there

Really I hope you dont think I'm bullshitting this.
These happened, and I feel horrible for them every day.
>>
>>17563736
>>17563740
Should I finish up?
>>
>>17563736
>>17563693
>>17563694
>>17563704
For the record I have number of symbol branded upon me when I was a child. Crosses and shit, and some things that look like something between an infinity symbol and two quarter notes connected by the tail.
I think it was something I did as a disturbed child but I still dont know what enticed me to do so. Though very unrelated lol. I assume.
>>
>>17563750

Sure, well these aren't like story-stories but I can tell you some things that happened.

In general the wish/spell sigils I made never lead to any visible manifestation. I would try, but it wouldn't work. It would work on influencing people and events, getting money sometimes, and managed to manifest small objects a few times. Mostly weed, lol. Sorry. Not materializing before the eyes but we would "find" it in an odd place soon after.

The ones that really had, I would say astounding results, were the ones that we would use to create entities, or "servitors" because I was into "chaos magic" at the time, but really all of that is just a bastardized outgrowth of the teachings and theories of one man, Spare.

Anyway, I had a friend who was frankly better at it than I was although I introduced him to it. I think he believed in the system more in a sense because it was foreign to him. So he created a servitor sigil, which he kept in a zippo lighter.

Sorry I'm not greentexting, I just... don't want to. Anyway, so the servitor was named Sparky. And he was simply a flame. That's how my friend described it to me. So I once saw him take out the Zippo, and we were standing outside on a porch. And there's this moth under a light over on the street. And he lights the Zippo and says Sparky, go burn that moth. And he shuts the Zippo and puts it away and we look over at the moth and shit you not, I see this little flare of flame. And it's gone. And my friend is all smug.

Nothing over the top, nothing super spoopy, but these were physical manifestations. Not an accident. Another time somebody screwed my friend over on something and I was with him and he said he was going to send Sparky to go fuck over the guy or something. And the guy burned to death in his bed. His house didn't burn down, he burned to death in his bed.

My friend was kind of a dick. I don't think he meant to kill that man. I certainly never tried to use magic to hurt somebody like that. to be cont'd.
>>
>>17563799

please do finish. You believe you were causing these things? and

>>17563812

damn nigga you got some deep shit going on
>>
Regardless. I'm not gonna tell a story without ending it.

>Lisa and I go to a notoriously haunted part of town cause thats the shit shes into of course
>Our friend Tony comes, very tall menacing looking Italian guy until you realize how flamboyant he is
>We're at this bridge, the notorious haunted one alot of you might have known
>The second we get there I feel high strung
>I am never high strung
>I look out towards the river the bridge is over
>On the edge of the water I see a glow that seems like bonfire
>Around the glow, it seems there are people circling it rhythmically.
>I quickly realize this is a hallucination of my paranoia.
>But in the bridge, I see the figure I've come to address as Sam
>Still never clear but fully transparent in his mean
>GET THE FUCK OUT
>I dont know why I take this to heart but I do
>Lisa and Tony give me the 'You're just being sketched by the location' talk
>Some people pull up.
>Freaking the fuck out
>They turn out to be a couple guys from a local high school, I knew them from the football team I hung out with
>They and Lisa and Tony go and hang out a couple feet away while I chainsmoke to try to clear my nerves
>It wasn't those guys I was being warned about.

Cont'ing immediately.
>>
>>17563855

me again, so dude are you basically True Detective or what?
>>
Finale boys.

>It felt like a fucking needle in the back of my head
>Telling me to fucking leave
>For just a moment, and I know it was less than a minute because I was looking at my phone at the time
>I saw a group of men in the dark, over mine and Tony's bodies, raping Lisa
>Just like my space outs in the night
>I run over to Lisa
>"Please, please, we have to leave right now. Sam says we have to leave right now."
>Being the way she is, she assumes either I'm having a supernatural moment or having and episode.
>Goes to tell Tony and the guys from the football team to come back to where I parked
>Once she goes, a car turns it's lights on
>It must have been 30 feet away.
>Five middle aged men clearly on heroin of something of the like are in it.
>"What are you doing out here kid?"
>"Just.. Checking out the haunted spots you know?"
>Passenger says "No, I doubt that" aims a rifle at me
>I might have been through some shit, but when you have gun aimed at you everything is different
>"Stand in front of the car boy!" the dude in the passenger said, cocking or loading the rifle (im not a gun guy)
>I do, because what the fuck do i do
>Before I know whats happening
>I'm perpendicular to the car again
>"These kids dont want any trouble they're just having a good time"
>I dont know where the voice came from
>Lisa, Tony, and the football dudes are coming out of the woods
>I dont know what the voice was
>That could have just been my head again
>But I still keep in touch with those football players that showed up. Quite frankly, the people that showed up that night weren't looking for some kind of fight, they were looking to kill someone.

I hope you guys liked that and all. Actually first time I told it. Hope it doesn't go unappreciated and I'll be here for questions for a little bit.
>>
>>17563891

That was interesting man, thanks. Pretty sure you are True Detective
>>
>>17563907
Honestly, never seen it.
>>
>>17563910

It's about a guy who was exposed to a hardcore amount of stress and drugs for a long period of time, and so he has a kind of paranormal sensitivity to allow him to unravel physical events. Not ghosts or anything like that, there's nothing overtly paranormal but he hallucinates and the hallucinations sort of are part of his thought process and give him insight.
>>
>>17563922
Oh. Wow. Ok.
That sounds awesome. And. Eerily similar to the story I just told. But really, that is just one of them, I unfortunately dont have the energy for multiple tonight
>>
>>17563928

I told you it reminded me of that show. I thought your story was going to have a ghost but really it sounds like it was you. And what you said about going into weird mental states, and having OCD / anxiety disorder coupled with drug problems, and just how you describe your mental state seriously reminds me of this character.

Have you considered becoming detective?
>>
>>17563941
No, that's all very much behind me. I still get those sensations and 'blackout' moments and all, but I'm in a very different career than detective these days
>>
>>17563951

True Accountant
>>
>>17563557
I've never heard the name Austin Osman Spare before, frankly I'm fairly fresh in my study of magic and the occult. Where would you suggest I start with his writings? I'm very interested.
>>
>>17563958

Hang in there I'm writing you a reply, don't go away. He seriously is like my favorite dude ever.
>>
>>17563971
Still here, anon. Don't worry.
>>
>>17563958

Alright dude, well the great thing is, you can start with Wikipedia. He was a famous artist. All of his occult writings which are intact, and they are mostly intact, I think a chunk of one book was lost, can be found on Google.

This guy was a fucking magician. Seriously, he didn't play. He had his own theory of how things work and he developed and used his own systems. He was a completely independent thinker on the topic and completely self-taught, if you could call it that, since his thoughts are totally original.

He fought in World War One. Something about him is, he was a good person. He wasn't pedantic and didn't speak on morality, but nowhere will you find any mention of "blackness" or any idea of harming anyone coming from him. It wasn't that kind of thing and didn't in any way fit into the contemporary concepts.

He spoke on desire. Desire was the key concept for him. Although you will have to read this stuff yourself. There is a famous story, something about a painting he did of Hitler, and Hitler liked it so much that he asked to meet with him. And he refused and sent him an insulting note.

Cont'd
>>
>>17564003

Cont'd

He rubbed shoulders with Aleister Crowley. Aleister Crowley said he was one of the only two people he knew who could produce a visible manifestation. The other was Crowley's friend Alan Bennet.

He always completely shit on ceremonial magic and magic and general. He made fun of it. He fell out with Crowley.

A lot of his stuff fit into psychology. He described some of his creations as what he called atavisms, or manifestations of primal mind. There is a story, a couple came to him, they were the type of people who were into occult stuff for thrills. They wanted him to show them an atavism. He warned them that it could be disturbing. The story kind of trails off there, he made a sigil, apparently fog rolled into the room and a giant face appeared in the fog. And they were disturbed by it and suffered psychological issues. That's just an example of the type of stories floating around about him.

What has popularized sigil magic since his death has been this movement called Chaos Magic. It's all total garbage. Just read Spare. The Chaos Magic people are basically trying to read a microchip by smashing it with a rock.

I'll write more
>>
>>17564030

Cont'd

There are tons of stories, contemporary stories of people who witnessed his abilities. The thing that gets me about this guy is just the FUCKING SWAG. When we think about magicians, somehow we always think about some sort of tryhard autist dressed in a robe. Somehow we can't find anybody that fits our fantasy of a well dressed, attractive man in early 20th century England who actually just KNOWS how to do magic. Well, this guy literally fits the fantasy. I mean he was a bad ass.

He was humble, but also prideful and scornful of idiots. I think I remember what he said about his childhood, what got him into the occult. When he was a teenager this old witch used to talk to him about magic and then she would use magic to make herself become young and pretty and they would fuck... That's what he said.

His stuff's all about desire. And he was really into sex. But his magic isn't based on sex.

There's maybe more I could say but all that stuff, is basically why he's so awesome. So what do you think?
>>
>>17564052
>some sort of tryhard autist dressed in a robe
No serious magician actually feels that way.
>>
>>17564003
>>17564030
>>17564052

I think that all sounds very interesting, given that I don't have very much background knowledge in the world of the occult (I've only just discovered the works of Henry Cornelius Agrippa and Francis Barret) I think I've found what you've told me, paired with the story you shared previously in this thread, to be the most gripping details I've heard as of yet. I'll definitely check out his work, and hopefully I'll be able to leave with some interesting stories of my own in time. You have my thanks.
>>
>>17564056

Of course not, and of course there are real magicians, and they don't look like that. That kind of was my point, is this guy who I basically wrote an essay on, is absolutely the most real, most verified, most actual if not the only public example of a real, no bullshit magician.
>>
>>17564074

Hey no problem man and thank you for listening. Working with Spare's stuff is what made me realize... basically, it can be done. And there's nothing to be afraid of. It's basically technology, the means of achieving something, It's not only okay, but awesome. Best of luck to you!
>>
>>17564074

And thanks for calling my details gripping lol
>>
>>17564052
Othetlurk here,

I have studied the occult for a geat part of my life. More of a petty dabbler than a serious practitioner desu.
I've become aware of Spare like a year ago and some of what you said has rung a few bells (such as his falling out with Crowley, Hitler and Wicce-sex) and i agree- he's an awesome (in the purest sense if the word, which gets misused alot nowadays) individual.
Seeing your passion and respect for the man and his beliefs, thoughts, and works have influenced me to delve back into his work even deeper.

Thank you anon for your contagious passion
>>
>>17564090
Typo * Otherlurker
>>
>>17564090

Wow man thank you I honestly can't tell you how good that makes me feel.
>>
>>17564077
>if not the only
That's what I was getting at—none of this stuff isn't unknown. There are famous magicians all over the place but nobody will ever find, research, or talk about them until people are actually interested in learning about them. It's not wrong to have role models or anything, but to claim that your role model is the only valid one irks me.
>>
>>17564117

I'm not saying other great magicians don't or didn't exist haha. I was just saying that's why I like this guy so much, because the fact that he's so... obviously real is just so exciting to the little kid in me that wants to be a magician.
>>
File: aos.gif (25 KB, 180x217) Image search: [Google]
aos.gif
25 KB, 180x217
Here we have a self portrait as Hitler. This is himself, with Hitler's hair, doing the common occult hand sign which I am still not totally familiar with. There are several of himself as Hitler. This is the biggest/only pic on Google images of this one.

To my mind this is just a giant fuck you to Hitler. And he said as much.
>>
File: aos.jpg (15 KB, 487x231) Image search: [Google]
aos.jpg
15 KB, 487x231
The sigil method!
>>
I've posted about it in other threads before, but the two main sigils I've used were for protection from the magic of others and for not being noticed. As far as tips, I suggest learning to meditate and working on visualization.
>>
>>17563841
What kind of events did you induce
>>
>>17564103
You're welcome
What you've said made me feel good as well.
Lol circles, i guess
May you find blessings on your path and be successful in your endeavours
>>
>>17563812
Show the scars.
>>
>>17564252
Seconded.
Bump for scars.
>>
>>17563693

Looks like the Reddit alien thing tho, sorry if I was the first to point this out.
>>
>>17564286
Bro, you are an asshole. Now that's all I see when I look at it.
>>
>>17563557
Woman detected.
>>
>>17564003
>>17564030
>>17564052

As an art student and future painter, I must say he is one of the greatest, bizarre surrealists that ever existed. Finding about him literally blew my mind and he is one of my top list metaphysical surrealists, along with william blake, frieda harris...

But I have never read anything from him, with what should I start? ( I am already a bit versed into the occult in general)

I am also interested on which reading he destroys the chaos magick people and why...if you can illuminate me. Thanks.
>>
What do you think of these people that make their sigils on paint and charge them on the PC?
>>
Bumping so thread doesnt die
>>
I want to make public sigils, those that charges everytime some random person see it. I understand it is a bit more complicate than that. Does anybody here have experience on this?
>>
>>17566263
So they get charged only by people looking at them?
>>
>>17565457

>literally blew my mind

really? it blew your brains actually out of your head like a shotgun? you fucking moron.
>>
>>17565457
>Surrealists

dude wasn't a surrealist - art history 101 nerd
>>
>>17563855
Bump
>>
>>17567624
>>17567656

Your mother must have cared a lot about you when you were a child, kek.

The dude basically introduced surrealist painting, which makes him part of the movement, and I know more about art than you will ever do ;)

Good luck introducing bananas into your arse every night because the lack of love
>>
>>17566263
>>17567230
Have to make it eye-catching, for one. Its not them looking at it that charges it, its the attention that they give it.
>>
>>17563202
when did timeline become such a fashionable and meaningless word for /x?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.