[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/, I'm in deep need of your assistance... I need to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
/x/, I'm in deep need of your assistance...

I need to be scared.

I've seen essentially all the good scary movies, and played a bunch of scary games.

I want you to tell me what the scariest things you have ever seen or played or read are in case I missed them.
>>
File: LO3UGZZ.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
LO3UGZZ.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>17559861
>>
Take 4 hits of LSD and start thinking about how you want to be scared.

You will either scare the shit out of yourself, or realize that it's a childish pursuit and stop wanting to scare yourself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMTc3J-FZY&ab_channel=Insomniak
I am a hardcore urban explorer and I'm always worried shit like this will happen to me.
>>
Op, what are some a grade horror movies?
>>
>>17559870
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: exor.jpg (18 KB, 456x372) Image search: [Google]
exor.jpg
18 KB, 456x372
>>17559888

My favorites were The Ring/ringu, The Exorcist, Blair Witch Project, Sinister, Insidious, Cannibal Holocaust, and The Strangers.
>>
>>17559947
as an avid camper, my tradition is to watch the Blaire witch project before each time
>>
>>17559992

That movie is so hit or miss with people but it really made me feel uneasy near the end.
>>
>>17559870
HOLY FUCKING SHITDICKCOCKNIPPLES ANON! HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU MAKING THOSE SKELEETONGS MOVE AROUND LIKE THAT?! ANYONE ELSE SEE THIS SHIT?!?!?!
>>
>>17559947
>not mentioning the grifter
>>
>>17559884
aside from the shitty narrator(s), that video actually scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>17559861
The first two videos on the "Jack Torrance" youtube channel.
>>
I'm ready for commitment
>>
>>17559870
HOW CAN THIS BE ALLOWED TO EXIST
>>
>>17559870
JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>17559870
dude fuck you I hit the bottom of my desk when i watched this
>>
>>17559870
Okay so I managed to calm down as soon as I remembered that skeletons don't real, but HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU MAKING THE PICTURE MOVE?
>>
>>17559884

I've seen the videos of the guy exploring the mines, it's clearly fake especially the radio sounds in the cave, no sane person would stand there and ask - what the fuck is that? It's clearly staged, when people know and are sure that they are somewhere completely alone even the slightest weird inexplicable noise would make them bolt with no questions.
>>
>>17559884

All of that is complete shit anon... I used to write graffiti and I and my friends have explored a shit ton of abandoned buildings and nothing like that has ever happened, for example the videos with the teenagers exploring shit are just edgy shit, the one where they "find" a pentagram was clearly painted by them because it's extremely fresh like minutes fresh because blood dries extremely quick, if there had been some satanic rituals then they would have happened within 2-5 minutes before they arrived.
>>
>Be innawoods few years ago
>Camping alone for the lulz
>Had my old. 22 with me, not much stopping power, but just enough to deter animals and dindus in the woods
>Sleeping one night when hear shit outside my tent
>Hear low whispering, immediately think it's a magic forest bum
>Step outside, more annoyed than anything
>Dark as fuck, but manage to make out a tall, lanky thing with long limbs and shit, scuttling on all fours
>Froze for a second, the thing and I stare at each other
>Almost seems funny now that I think about it, but I shat my pants at the time
>Tear my gaze from him, dive back into tent and grab rifle
>By the time I came back out, the thing was scurrying away and screeching
>Let off a few rounds just because, scared af
>Stayed up all night, didn't move at all well until near high noon
I really wanna say it was a meth head or some exotic species of druggie, but wtf would they be 6 miles deep in the woods, 3 miles away from any civilization?
>>
>>17560528

You've never done acid or mushrooms and walked through a forest? Now i did it with other people because I'm not retarded but it's a pretty common thing to get fucked up and walk through the woods. There might be weirdos who do that kind of thing alone.
>>
>>17559947
Man what do people like about cannibal holocaust ? I get it it was good for its own time , but I tried watching it the other die and I got head cancer from the bad audio and video quality and the shit acting , the only somewhat "interesting" thing about that movie is that they kill the animals , I simply couldn't get past half of it
>>
>>17562383
The soundtrack is great. The controversy it caused gives it a neat history, and even movies today haven't gone as far as it did. The acting was actually good in some scenes, like when the one guy is grinning at the impaled person, but then when the camera man announces the footage is rolling he puts on this fake disgust to make it seem he is disgusted by what the natives do and above it, even though he is just the same.
>>
>>17559861
I'm with you, basically been in the same situation for a few years now. Movies are all shit, stories are boring, etc.
Great idea for a thread but shame nobody is fucking delivering the goods.
Maybe we're just so desensitized by now that there's no turning back.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (6 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6 KB, 290x174
>>17559870
DELETE THIS
>>
Play the Devils game. I did it once and lived hehe
>>
>>17563706
That shit is just a fake "spooky" story. Get out.
>>
>>17559879
Spiders man
>>
>>17559861

Hey I remember this picture, it's from this:https://youtu.be/2Gh6n54nmGI
>>
>>17559870
What is truly unnerving is that this is the work of man.
>>
>>17560239
tell me about the grifter, is it just spoopy crap or is it soul-fuckingly disturbing?
>>
>>17564270

I'm pretty sure it's a myth.

The Begotten is a fucked up movie but really just unsettling.
>>
>>17559947
Shit, good, shit, meh, good, haven't seen, shit.

But I am very picky with my spoopy films
>>
>>17559861
Scariest game I ever played was scp-087-b in the dark
>>
>>17564219
It's a screamer b0iz , a bit predictable but still
>>
>>17564322
I agree on most , The strangers was cancer and the ending pissed me off for wasting 2 hours of my life , Sinster was very good in production quality ( one of the best if i must say ) but the storyline is very cliche " family moves to le haunted house with le serial killing happened "
>>
SCP
>>
>>17559861
Do drugs

If you're introverted (we're at fucking /x/ for fucks sake), do drugs and force yourself to hang out with people you're not comfortable with
>>
>>17559861
>I want you to tell me what the scariest things you have ever

sleep paralysis
>>
File: XxPwE.jpg (12 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
XxPwE.jpg
12 KB, 500x332
>>17565639

OP here. I already have had way too many experiences with sleep paralysis that when it happens, I already know what's going on so I mostly just ignore it. Although it is hard to ignore the feeling that someone is touching your foot very fast and you can't move at all.

Maybe I should do some urban exploration with some friends or something. Id love to hear some suggestions for movies, even Japanese horror ones as I have heard they are especially scary.
>>
>>17559861

>be me
>11 or 12 years old
>mom tells me step grandpa dies in car accident
>didn't know him too well so didn't really matter
>kids didn't go to the funeral
>two weeks after the funeral my 4 year old sister is getting pushed on the swing outside by stepdad
>she stops and points in a direction
>stepdad is like what
>she says it's a grandpa monster
>stepdad's legs are starting to chap
>she says again there's a grandpa monster with a picture on his hat
>stepdad is like okay kid ha HA
>takes her inside to the house
>mom is like what the heck happened
>i'm in living room adjacent to kitchen playing roco tycoon
>stepdad is trippin a bit
>stepdad tells sister to say what she saw
>she's like grandpa monster etc
>then takes my stepdad by the hand into the living room
>i see sister point to a family picture of us
>she says that was on his hat
>i'm like dahell man
>parents get weirded out
>ask mom later about picture thing
>she says it was the only photo they put in his casket
>that was the main spook
>anyway like a year later my grandmother slipped up and told us that our grandpa actually shot himself in the backyard
>>
Are there any scary games or movies that are based around urban exploration? For games, all I can think of that is somewhat decent is Outlast but then again it's pretty monotonous after a while. I'd be down for even RPGMaker type stuff as long as it's decently made. As for movies, I'm at a loss, for any good movies that is.

>inb4 VHS 1, 2, or Viral
I said GOOD movies
>>
>>17566098
Bumpan for urban exploration games
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
>>17559861
BOO!
>>
>>17566098
Firewatch is innawoods but not probably not spoopy enough for you folks
>>
>>17566118
HOLY FUCK DUDE NOPE I'M OUT.
>>
>>17559861
Silent Hill 1 through 3 were spoopy as fuck. If you haven't already played them.
>>
>>17559861
Read this while listening to some merzbow
http://read.mangashare.com/Uzumaki/chapter-001/page001.html
>>
>>17565992
None of that movie shit is truly scary on it's own
You'll need drugs if you want to force true fear
>>
File: kektastrophe.png (238 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
kektastrophe.png
238 KB, 400x350
>>17559870
>>
>>17562383
Green Inferno is better than Cannibal Cuckocaust
>>
Whereas this really isn't a film, it has a similar effect, and I think you may like it, OP.

>step one:
At night, go to this video on your computer (better speakers than mobile). It's a string piece by Penderecki, titled "Threnody for the victims of Hiroshima". Put on headphones before watching it. It's a long piece.

>step two:
Turn off all lights in your house or apartment, or even just room.

>step three
Stare at your computer the whole time. Try to ignore the feeling that something may be watching you.
>>
>>17566192
Samefag here, also, if you're in the mood for an more dreadful scare, try reading Lovecraft
>>
>>17566192
Or even better, get yourself some booze, some loud speakers and blast Death Grips all night while getting wasted, then pass out. You'll totally forget about anything.
>>
>>17566126
I've heard good things about that game but yeah its just a walking simulator with lil spooks here and there.
>>
>>17565992
The acting in most Japanese horror movies is so over-dramatic and bad that it ruins any potential spoopyness for me. Japs make amazing voice actors but horrible live action actors.
>>
>>17566206
Yeh thats what I mean. Like, depending on your choices you could be uncovering a conspiracy, but its not spooky really.
>>
File: 1460195246814.jpg (70 KB, 540x743) Image search: [Google]
1460195246814.jpg
70 KB, 540x743
>>17559861
Stay up for three days in a row.

Drop acid in the middle of the night on the third night.

Watch Eraserhead with no lights on.

Wait for the trip to start.

Be spooked.
>>
>>17565992

sleep paralysis can rage from strange to competely terrifying...just lay awake late at night waiting for...that night..that one so powerfully horrible it'll shake you to the very core and you'll be doubting your own sanity for the rest of your miserable days huehuehue

other ideas to get scared :
>play paranormal games like "Three Kings" and "Hide and Go Seek Alone"
>watch "Marble Hornets" on youtube, and other such youtube creations
>exploring abandoned places can be scary, scarier at night w a small group so one person can start to panic and you can watch it spread
hard mode :
>eat 5g shrooms and watch terrorist torture / beheading videos in a dark room, alone...
>>
>>17566046
>>i'm in living room adjacent to kitchen playing roco tycoon

2spooky4me
>>
>>17566392
this will seriously fuck your shit up OP.
do this and prepare to be mega spooked.
>>
>>17559861
Soma videogame.
Not even that scary as a game but the philosophy in it and the implications are mind-shattering. Plus, you get to dive waaay deep into the ocean.
>>
>>17559861

Here's a great creepy listen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0p-1YibE_KQ
>>
>>17559861
if you wanna get scared here's something fun for you to try

go into a room by yourself with lights on or off, it doesn't matter, but it has to be quiet.

sit up against one of the corners of the room, doesn't matter which one.

count backwards from 24 to 11 and then count backwards from 3 to 1. close your eyes and then open them after you hear something.

enjouy
>>
>>17566392
I would not recommend this. Probably a good way to drive yourself insane.
>>
>>17567490

That's awesome. I know that the poem is based off of a poem by someone else. Forget his name though, I might be baldaire
>>
>>17566392

OP here.

I'm not going to do anything with drugs because that's just silly. I would actually like to be legitimately scared by something that exists, not something that my mind makes up.

There have definitely been a few good suggestion. So far, thanks to whoever posted that Urban exploration video. I am still looking however, or something very spooky. I'm trying to get into layers of fear
>>
Oh, and here's a lovely picture.
>>
>>17567876
> I would actually like to be legitimately scared by something that exists, not something that my mind makes up.

But everything is something your mind makes up. There is nothing in the world that is inherently scary. The fear you would get would be just as real as if you were being chased by a tiger.

Seeing a tiger changes your brain chemistry to make you scared. If you were outside of your body being scared would be an impossibility because you need your brain to feel fear.

If you just don't want to mess with drugs though, then that's fine.

I still would recommend sleep deprivation though. There are no permanent effects. When I stayed up for 6 days straight thinks started getting really freaky near then end. I don't want to say any spoilers though. It should be a surprise.
>>
>>17559861
>I need to be scared.
look in the mirror
>>
>>17567876
Oh, acid is not silly. And neither is the experience you get when you explore your mind. The real world fades in comparison with the disturbed and downright insane shit your mind can come up with. And the sickest thing is, to your brain it is technically real. As in, you can get PTSD from a hallucination just as well as from an unfortunate accident. A "bad trip", from what I've heard, is an experience that would just straight fuck you up in how real it is.

But of course, do not do drugs if you don't want to, that's like rule #1.

As >>17567929 pointed out, sleep deprivation is da shit. Going to the forest for several days and not sleeping is something shamans did and it is pants-shitting. Your brain is too tired too keep up with reality and starts to create its own...which is fucking dangerous when you realize there are animals around that can hurt you, you have no food, and are too far from civilization to make it before sunset. Do not try this without knowing your shit.
> Know a guy who did just that
> hes hardcore af
> is a soldier now
>>
>>17566192
Penderecki's work is mind blowing, but I've never thought of the Threnody as scary, in any way. It can even be relaxing.

I sometimes imagine. while listening to it, that I'm a frog in a pond, in Hiroshima, on the day the bomb fell, near the epicenter. And I feel calm while I see everything fade around me.
>>
I've rebuked demons that have appeared before me. Through the power of Christ nothing can touch me nor is it scary.
>>
>>17559884
Thanks anon, I had no idea about this world of urban exploring. This video is legit scary - not op btw
>>
Slender the game is scary as fuck and It inspired a creepypasta.
>>
File: maximumjust.jpg (125 KB, 540x796) Image search: [Google]
maximumjust.jpg
125 KB, 540x796
>>17567555

DON'T DO THIS OP

YOU ARE GOING TO GET BELRAY'D THEN THEY WILL FORCE YOU TO READ THE DESPAIR CODE
>>
File: Kek.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>17559870
>>
I think you should start exploring your town. There is a lot of creepy and eerie places out there.
>>
>>17564270
Once you have seen The Grifter, you can never go back...
>>
>>17559861
I know that feel, anon. You've probably heard of lots of these, but these are a few lesser-known things that have gotten my spook on.

https://vimeo.com/18781528

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iz6HIzpf-0

http://gamejolt.com/games/which/1523
>>
>>17564219
It's also from Fatal Frame.
>>
>>17568863
enough with the memes
>>
>>17559861
>>17559947
>>17563582
>>17564293
>>17565992
>pictures for ants
>>
>>17570596
Kys
>>
File: Illbleed_05b.jpg (31 KB, 368x276) Image search: [Google]
Illbleed_05b.jpg
31 KB, 368x276
I highly recommend you guys check out Ilbleed the Dreamcast. You can get it on emulator. Definitely some scary moments.

There was this one painter that I knew a long time ago from the internet that painted a bunch of surreal horror themed paintings. Does anyone have any recollection of who he was?

Also, this might not be necessarily scary, but still interesting nonetheless. http://ml.hoogerbrugge.com
>>
>>17570814
Huh?
>>
File: bugzz.jpg (98 KB, 675x844) Image search: [Google]
bugzz.jpg
98 KB, 675x844
>>17559861

Want to be scared? Here's something that works, guaranteed.

Take 700mg of Benadryl. Make sure you're alone, at night. Turn out/dim the lights, and prepare for the ride.

Not recommended for the faint of heart.
>>
File: 1384300167122.png (946 KB, 750x1127) Image search: [Google]
1384300167122.png
946 KB, 750x1127
>>17571008
>>
>>17571096
>>17571008

http://pastebin.com/Na2EUs07
>>
>>17560528
>>Sleeping one night when hear shit outside my tent
>>Hear low whispering, immediately think it's a magic forest bum
>>Step outside, more annoyed than anything
>more annoyed than anything
I call bullshit on the entire story only because of this.
If a person actually heard whispering outside their tent in the middle of the night while camping alone they would be fucking terrified.
>>
>>17571008
>>17571096
Dramamine is terrible too.
>>
>>17570648
does that giles corey thing work?
>>
>>17571224
If by terrible you mean doesn't do a fucking thing besides making you drowsy while keeping you awake then yes.
>>
7+ missed calls from my mom
>>
>>17559870
please stop this is really disturbing, i thought there were mods in this board?
>>
File: laugh8.jpg (126 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
laugh8.jpg
126 KB, 433x419
>>17571105

>tacos crawling on my sheets
>>
>>17566118
SWEET JESUS TITTY CINNAMON THAT'S SCARY!
>>
>>17559861
watch the descent, probably the scariest movie of the 2000's for a cluastraphobe like me.
>>
>>17567881
Dude that fucking part when I was a kid made me shit my pants I swear to Christ. I watched it a few times after too and I always shut my eyes at that part.
>>
>>17559870
To all of the people who replied to this post: want to know something really scary? I will preface this story with a warning, you may not recover from the information. Do you know those spooky skellingtons? One of them lives.........................inside you.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.