[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you have any friends or family members that are into /x/ related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: It losers club.jpg (48 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
It losers club.jpg
48 KB, 600x407
do you have any friends or family members that are into /x/ related hobbies?
Have you ever tried to get somebody interested in them?
>>
>>17558753
My uncle is into hoodoo and voodoo and makes money off it out of his house. He got me into it when I was younger so yeah I'm into
>>
I AM that family member. Can't think of anyone else really interested in it, outside of spooky shows or movies.
>>
its too bad you lost most of it and have to relie on those petty instruments
>>
My sister reads creepy pastas
>>
My great-aunt, grandad and great-grandma were into /x/ stuff.
Big things were a belief in the prophetic qualities of dreams, using salt lines to ward spirits, a belif that spirits can be called on for aid, two of my aunts had a falling out because one apparently made a gri gri bag against the other, my great uncle told me the purpose of his charm tree is to keep fairies in the yard and away from the house, etc.
Great grandma would make money practicing divination and spells for people. According to her, she refused to do black magic for folks though she knew how to do it so she wouldn't get bad attention and most "jobs" were "Tha folks would come up n' give us food since no one had cash money. Then we'd kill a chicken, ask the spirits to guide us and sleep on it. Next day we'd tell the folks what dream we had an our interpretation of it."
My brother did research into it and according to him, it was likely a mix of southern folk magic, hoodoo and he's not certain where the prophetic dream focus came from; maybe a native thing.
>>
>>17558753

Me and my cousin were way into this kind of stuff when we were younger. He probably still is and I know I am but we both just have too much shit going on in our lives to really ever catch up anymore.

My girlfriend and I were thinking about doing some urban exploring and bringing along some friends. We talked about it and planned some stuff out but ultimately never followed through.

...and me and my friends always somehow end up joking about gypsies and their curses. Not really sure that one counts though.
>>
File: wtfamicasting.jpg (48 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
wtfamicasting.jpg
48 KB, 435x571
>tfw when literal patriarchal line of witch doctors stretching back generations

I'm not sure what to feel about that.
>>
My immediate family believes that 9/11 was an inside job, my brother is an aliums fag, and my aunt and uncle think that their new house is haunted.

Otherwise, I'm the only /x/phile in the family (that I know of).
>>
>>17558772
lucky bastard
>>
File: 1455937800461.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455937800461.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1200
I come from a big redneck family, some of our kinfolk are legit hill people, but my side of the family is a little more civilized
>we all love going innawoods, camping, hunting, hiking you name it
>all of us are outdoorsmen, and as such Im like 90% certain my father, uncles, aunts, ect believe in big foot and other cryptids
>ive heard some weird stories around the camp fire about it, but im too nervous to directly ask
>they don't trust the government, some believe all about area 51 and mkultra sleeper agents. not sure about other conspiracy theories
>one cousin swears he worked for some cult or something when he worked down in Florida a few years ago
So nothing is 100% confirmed but its all I got
>>
>>17558753

my mom was the spiritual spooky ghost type. to be fair we lived in some haunted ass war zones.

my boss is really into it, but his business is psychic/mediumship so its really his whole life.
>>
File: 2YqKOTz.png (229 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
2YqKOTz.png
229 KB, 1200x807
>do you have any friends
no OP , no
>>
>>17564195
>my mom was the spiritual spooky ghost type. to be fair we lived in some haunted ass war zones.

Stories?

>my boss is really into it, but his business is psychic/mediumship so its really his whole life.

Does he seem even remotely legit or is his ass faker than Miss Cleo?
>>
>>17564728
Same here /hugs you.
>>
>>17564772

he seems legit to me. if hes fake he puts on quite a show, cuz once or twice a month we meet with other mediums just to do random mediumship other dimensionly stuff that has nothing to dowith his business or his profits, and is kept secret from the clientbase himself.

cant really say too much cuz im actually getting dressed to go to that right now.
>>
>>17558753

I had a crowd that liked to do weird things in the forest but they are now dead. I still go out there.
>>
>>17558753
My tulpa is interested in succubus.
>>
>>17565124
Tell us more when you get back?
>>
My grandfather believed in spoops. Mom reads spoopy books and father believes in ayy lmaos. My sister reads spoopypasta but doesn't believe in ayyliens and my brother is paranormal transgender. So, our family is a fucking freak show and I love it.

We all believe in more or less different things but we have 1 thing in common. We watch retard shows such as destination truth for lols.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.