[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/x/ how do I shapeshift or turn into an animal (not permenantly).
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
/x/ how do I shapeshift or turn into an animal (not permenantly).
i'm not an injun so no skinwalker shit, but I'm english so are there any folk methods or tales of people turning into animals or shapeshifting.

one thing I thought of doing is getting completely naked in the forest, and going to sleep in the skin of an animal I want to turn into or wearing the skin of an animal on my head (a fox for example) and asking the gods for permission before i sleep, giving an offering.

would this work?

interested in anglo saxon shamanism and heathenry and shit, any good websites?
>>
>>17552568

If possible that knowledge is long gone or in the hands of people who will never share it to outsiders.
>>
>>17552578
Or it could be that it's made up, because it's kinda stupid to assume that ancient humans were incapable of creating fiction.
>>
>>17552687
No fun!

Besides anything is possible!
>>
>>17552568
>a viking princess Leia leads a field trip, for Nordic special needs kids, to the forest. The autistic Furry one stubbs his toe on the only rock in the whole field prompting Leia to look on is disgust, no longer able to contain her (?) disappointment with how her (?) life turned out.
>>
>>17552687
>not living with awesome head canon

It's like you want existence to be bland.
>>
>>17552717
How do you know that everything is possible?
>>
>>17552732
No, I love werewolves and stuff. But I'm also capable of separating reality from fiction. Why is that a bad thing?
>>
>>17552740
I'm saying that regardless of whether or not it's true, it doesn't matter. If it is true then you will never shapeshift because you can access those powers and if it's not true then it's not real.

So why not believe it's true and live in a world of wonder? It has the same effect on reality but feels way cooler.
>>
>>17552759
Because you can't*
>>
>>17552759
Because I like to know how the world works, because I find that interesting. Have you never wanted to discover more about this world?
>>
>>17552568
you are what you eat :^)
>>
>>17552568
>anglo saxon shamanism

Lol
>>
>>17552853
/x/ is crap at history, what do you expect?
>>
>>17552802
That doesn't really adress my point in a way that disproves it. I know how it really works, but allow myself to believe the cooler one. It's as easy as that.
>>
>>17552984
I'm sorry if your crippling dyslexia makes you unable to read simple English.
>>
>>17552989
>can't discuss with me, resorts to ad hominem

Come on man, I'm just trying to explain my point of view.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with positive delusion; the universe is just what's in our head right?
>>
>>17552578
damn i have to try stuff out myself then. it will take a while though.

>>17552721
I'm not a furry i've just had an interest in shapeshifting and shamanism for a while now

>>17552853
Anglo saxons were pagans you dumb fuck, and had wizards and nature magicians
>>
>>17552568
If you aren't a natural shapeshifter just be yourself
It isn't worth going to Hell for
And OP u could just u kno be a furry or some shit lol
>>
File: il_fullxfull.278859962.jpg (76 KB, 654x570) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.278859962.jpg
76 KB, 654x570
>>17552568
If you're hoping to physically shift your shape, you're going to be disappointed unless we have some sort of dimensional merge in the near future.

However, skrying and possession can yield interesting results. Once while lucidly dreaming I looked out of my bedroom window into the forest, and all of a sudden I was rushed at startling speed into the treeline. Once there, I found myself on a branch. Then I was moving-- like nauseatingly fast-- zooming across, between, and around branches and tree trunks. Sort of reminded me of the time Conan O'Brien put a gopro on a monkey's head and let it loose in the studio.

Then I flew straight down a trunk and into a hole at the bottom of it. Went out the next day and found the hole. I'm assuming that I unintentionally possessed/was possessed by a chipmunk.
>>
>>17553504
I'd like to "posession" over an animal like controlling them (similar to what they do in game of thrones).

But shapeshifting like Sigurd does in one the stories would be great.

I think what I do is to get an animal skin of the animal I want to shift into and wear it, and then praise the gods and fall asleep in the forest next to a long fire. I saw a guy doing that on a tv show (live free or die if you're interested) because a bear was stealing his food stores, and he could see that his hands were bear paws and he could walk like a bear. Then he Awoke and was human. I don't know if he shifted into a bear or controlled one.
>>
>>17552984
I understand that point of view, I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't actually affect stuff in life. Ya know like people who believe that eating apple seeds will cure cancer or that they can pray it way. Yaddidimean? Basically like how religion is a way for some to feel there is meaning in life but once you go and start stoning people and whatnot then it's no longer a harmless belief.
Also I do this to a degree, I choose to believe in aliens even though there is no "evidence", but i feel like statistically there has to be aliens somewhere.
>>
File: crystalgrid.jpg (32 KB, 425x350) Image search: [Google]
crystalgrid.jpg
32 KB, 425x350
you don't change but lock into an animal and take control;

try meditating to an animal with a familiar noise,or symbol the animal can see
>>
>>17555530
>you don't change but lock into an animal and take control;
i like this
>try meditating to an animal with a familiar noise,or symbol the animal can see
i don't understand what you mean by either of these things. could you explain more about what you're supposed to do?
>>
>>17555530
don't try to force control of its limbs, let the animal control the lower level automaton.

instead find an area to stimulate, when it goes in the correct direction; reward.
>>
>>17552568
drugs
>>
>>17553386
"Shaman" is a role that exists only in Native American cultures. You're the dumb fuck, fuck up.
>>
>>17558010
In anthropology, shaman is a catch-all phrase for people who commune with spirits in animistic cultures.
>>
>>17555530
idk that sounds a little fucked up
like you're trying to body snatch a dog
why don't you just play with it
>>
He who makes a beast of himself loses the pain of being a man.

Drugs, OP. Drugs are what you're looking for.
>>
>>17552717

Not asking /x// for superpowers
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.