[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you believe in people having souls, that they're all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tx3-1.jpg (63 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
tx3-1.jpg
63 KB, 900x900
If you believe in people having souls, that they're all unique and all that jazz, what do you think about twins, how do you explain them?

Like, there are sometimes two, but there can be 3 or even four of them completely identical. And sure, you may say they only look the same on the outside, but their personality differences compared to the rest of the population is miniscule.
>>
The word 'soul' just refers to consciousness. The essential 'youness' that observes through the lens of the body. Twins do not share a consciousness (I don't think), and therefore they each have a soul. They do however have similar lenses on the world due to their shared genetic structure.
>>
>>17551957

But twins do very often share a special bond, a lot of them do everything together for their entire lives and being torn apart is something they can't stand. It's definitely an odd phenomenon.
>>
>>17551957
But by that logic, if we would clone people, they'd have souls too.
>>
>>17552195
Yes, that's right.
>>
Yes but even if they start off exactly the same they will never experience things the exact same way. Even important events where they are together will be viewed from physically different angles.

There are an infinite amount of chances for them to experience things differently and each one can cause their thought processes to differ.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.