[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/krsna/ Gaudiya-Vaishnava General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 19
File: Pancha-Tattva.jpg (602 KB, 1070x768) Image search: [Google]
Pancha-Tattva.jpg
602 KB, 1070x768
Questions, stories, insights: with guest host Bhakta!

http://www.vedabase.com/
http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxOWgjhygM
>>
File: krishnabalarama.jpg (134 KB, 667x800) Image search: [Google]
krishnabalarama.jpg
134 KB, 667x800
I've got a free "weekend" so I'm here to bug you until the thread is culled or archived!

Ask away about the intricacies of karma, how they affect everything that happens to you, and how they ultimately don't matter! Soulmates exist, but it isn't how you hoped!

Troll an argument on the problem of evil. Surprise! Evil doesn't real! Argue about the sole existence of action and consequence, and how humanity has applied self-centered values of good and evil onto them.

Or down to brass tacks - YOU ARE NOT THE BODY! Start lettin it sink in.
>>
Hey op, born hindu here, always ate meat, never ate beef, ate beef by accident a week ago and got messed up, question is, why do we have to specifically avoid beef?
>>
File: rare bhakta do not worship.jpg (362 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rare bhakta do not worship.jpg
362 KB, 1024x768
I figure some personal pics will incite interest, at least toward mockery. Enjoy the terrible shade matching.

Since I have the time, I'm going to entertain myself through retelling Bhagavatam stories in between calls to get out. Requests are welcome, but I'm gonna need a source material.
>>
>>17550798
is colorectal cancer and early heart failure not enough reason?
>>
>>17550798
I can only guess as to the anthropology. Cows were very significant and useful to Vedic culture. Combined with the religious turn, they became venerated to the point of saint or even deity-hood. Harming one went from an economic problem to a religious one.

The New-Agey, Ancient Scientist rationalization would be cows have a developed self-awareness. Not to the point of humans, but enough to be considered ethically. Personally if forced to eat meat, I would eat something I considered less aware first, like a bug before a fish before a squirrel.

Going full Vaishnav, it's because Krishna holds a particular place in His heart for cows, as He grew up a cowherd boy.

>>17550817
There's that, but consider the reason Prabhupada gave for not eating cows is that they give milk, so they are like our mother. The reason he gave for not eating pigs is that they are dirty animals that eat shit out of the gutter.
>>
>>17550776
You don't think causing harm to other jivas could be considered evil? I suppose on one level the soul is not touched by pain or misery, but the experience certainly seems real for the conditioned entities.
>>
what first hand experiences have you had that would make you think you are not your body?
>>
>>17550840
>You don't think causing harm to other jivas could be considered evil?

I don't think we can cause harm to other jivas. We can experience the manifestations of matter, and identify with one part as it ends another part. We can define this experience as suffering or joy. But the labeling of good or evil - that one SHOULD happen, and one SHOULDN'T happen - are man-made. They are inconsequential on the spiritual level.

The only metric spiritually is whether the jiva is currently associating with or identifying with the material. And even that isn't a should or shouldn't thing, but rather a "this occasionally happens" thing. And considering the eternal nature of spirit, "occasionally happens" is functionally no time at all.

>>17550853
Aside from one or two disassociative moments in sankirtan, the partial realizations I've been given allowed me to overcome my bipolar disorder. By understanding that I am not only separate from the physical but the mental body as well, I can identify the highs and lows for the mental disturbances they are. I can recognize the early symptoms better, and better predict what activities will help quell the phases.
>>
>>17550891
This may be controversial, but what is your explanation for the abuse that happened in the gurukulas?
>>
File: Visnu-Garuda.jpg (120 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
Visnu-Garuda.jpg
120 KB, 500x743
>>17550909
Powerful people who could act without consequence were falsely renounced and fell to temptation.

If you imply how could Prabhupada let it happen, he was never, nor did he declare to be omniscient. I think if he was aware of it he would have cursed the culprits horribly.

If you imply how could Krishna let it happen, I must proceed with the disclaimer of putting reason to the Supreme Mind. I accept karma - that consequence is an equal reaction to previous action - and so I must accept that suffering that abuse is a reaction to previous abusive action. It is a harsh stance, though.

From an apologist POV, being at the gurukulas "brought out" a lot of karma at once, allowing the soul to be purified and return to Godhead that much faster. Then again any such Krishna Consciousness has now been poisoned by atrocity.

Personally I cannot excuse the actions, but can understand how they come about. I think ISKCON was shameful at first, but have turned around are are honestly trying to reconcile their misdeeds. There is always the potential for continued coverup of past crimes, however. It's why a personal connection to the parampara is so vital.
>>
File: smug bhakta.jpg (385 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
smug bhakta.jpg
385 KB, 1024x768
No, takers? I'll nap then return to storytime the story of Sati.
>>
So what realm of existence let's me meet my waifu?
>>
>>17551279
The mental plane. I'd imagine there's something to the whole tulpa thing. Brahma created all his progeny from his mind, after all.
>>
>>17551552
So that's the best place to go or am I still going to be in the cycle of death and birth
>>
krishfag
>>
>>17550837
I eat pork though, that and mutton, I remember once reading something about Buddah enjoying pork
>>
>>17551698
In general, I'd say desiring a waifu is going to keep you in samsara. But who knows, perhaps there's a way to create a tulpa in Krishna's service. Maybe if you make your waifu a pure devotee.

>>17551771
There is the idea that Gautama Buddha's final meal had pork in it. Many consider that to be a mistranslation of the word sukara-maddava, and that it actually refers to mushroom's, or "pig food", "pig's delight" or "trampled by pigs."

http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Diet_of_Buddha

This is going out of my field, but I don't think the meat restriction is as unflinching in Buddhism as Hinduism. Whether Buddha ate meat rarely is not a pressing matter. However Gautama Buddha is also described as an avatar in the Srimad Bhagavatam, and as such I wouldn't think he ate pork.
>>
File: 1458938404693.jpg (83 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1458938404693.jpg
83 KB, 480x640
Namaste.
>>
Interest! Still here, but brother's tech start-up just fell through so I'm going to go console tonight. Promise to myself that I'll narrate a tale when I get back. Any preference in choice? I've narrowed down to four I think would be well-received:

Tale of Sati: Shiva's wife gets her jimmies rustled so bad, she literally kills herself

Tale of Jada Bharata: a great yogi trips up and goes full retard to correct the mistake

Tale of Ajamil: a man's soul is saved from Hell due to the magnanimity loophole (personal favorite)

Tale of Vamana-deva: the dwarf incarnation of God hustles the demon king

Haribol! Back in a few hours!
>>
>>17553303
>Tale of Vamana-deva

Definitely this. Prahlad and Dhruva maharaja would also be of interest.
>>
The Buddha didn't say do not eat meat. He said do not take life. But begging, traveling monks should take whatever is offered to them and meat is acceptable provided that the animal wasn't killed specifically to provide food for the monk. It's all in the Pali canon.
>>
File: 1275672677116.jpg (135 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1275672677116.jpg
135 KB, 600x398
Budda aint tell me what to do.
>>
>>17553669
Enjoy eternity in Samsara you unenlightened fool.
>>
>>17553662
>He said do not take life
>provided that the animal wasn't killed
This.
Buddha was all about how we shouldn't even pluck hanging fruits. only pick up which the tree has dropped.

>>17553792
there will always be some who refuse to see the light, anon.
at least you tried saving one more of our brother. But, as it said, we can only save ourselves.
>>
>>17553397
Per request, a retelling of the story of Vamana-deva, as narrated by Sukadev Goswami to King Pariksit.

Bali Maharaja was a great demon commander, descended from the line of Hiranyakishipu who once conquered the universe and replaced Lord Brahma as director of universal affairs. Being also the line of the great devotee Prahlada Maharaja, Bali was well-versed in Vedic wisdom as well. However, prior to our story, Bali Maharaja was defeated in battle by Indra. Only the timely intervention of Narada Muni and the actions of the brahman descendants of Brighu Muni kept Bali alive.

We begin after many years of Bali Maharaja being a disciple to Sukracraya, Brighu Muni's descendant, out of gratitude. The various brahmanas in their pleasure with his service, decided to help Bali Maharaja obtain his desire to conquer the kingdom of Indra. To this end, they perform the Visvajit Sacrifice.

When the final offering is placed into the fire, out pops a pimped-out chariot to end all chariots. We're talkin gold, silk, yellow horses, lion flag, the works. It even came with gilded bow, TWO quivers of arrows, and some celestial armor. Cuz heaven's got the best weapons, yo. His guru gives him a conch - classic symbol of victory, and even his grandsire Prahlada shows up to give him a garland of unfading flowers.

Which is weird when I first read it. Prahlada is a devotee, and Indra as king of the devas is generally working for the Godhead. So why bless an endeavor to conquer Indra, even if your grandson is leading it? It's a motif I find a lot in Vedic stories. That sometimes the "good guys" aren't on the "right side." Or at least the side God is blessing to win. I mean, you'll find no mention that Indra was bad or misusing his position. More an understanding that - according to universal will - sometimes the good people lose. But I still find it interesting that people like Prahlada or Narada will facilitate or bless the endeavor.
>>
File: Deva_Asura-700.jpg (89 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
Deva_Asura-700.jpg
89 KB, 700x460
Any case, Bali Maharaja girds his loins, respectfully circles the brahmanas, and gathers up his armies. The various commanders could even be considered on par with Bali, and all of them together swallowed up the sky with effulgence. They head toward Indra's capital city, shaking the Earth with their passing.

Now this city is described like a Greek Utopian wet dream. Orchards, gardens, chirping birds and buzzing bees, sexy women sporting in ponds, gentle breezes, nice music and song wafting through the air, wide roads, high city wall the color of fire, everything made out of gold and pearl and coral and marble, and "not less than one hundred million airplanes." (kek)

And best of all this was a morally gated community. By which I mean anyone who is cruel, envious, cunning, conceited, lusty, or greedy is not permitted to live there.
Nice place; I think someone should wreck it.

And apparently so does Bali Maharaja, as he shows up around this time and blows his conchshell. The blast cuts through the sweet music like someone just busted into the club with a shotgun. People see their fair city surrounded by the demon army, and they naturally panic a little bit. Indra looks out over the walls to see "YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAAAAME?!" printed all over Bali's face, and rushes over to hear what his own guru Brihaspati has for advice.

"I don't get it Brihaspati, barely a lifetime ago I kicked this guy's ass left and right, and now he's back looking like he can drink up the universe and set blazes with a glance. Where'd he get this power and ferocity?"

Brihaspati, giving the best support and advice you can think of, tells Indra to give up and run away. No, seriously.
>>
Brihaspati replies, "Bali Maharaja has pleased the descendants of Brighu Muni for many years, and as such he has become imbued with their divine power [brahma-tejas]. You have no chance of defeating him, as fighting Bali now is like fighting Yamaraja himself. [Note: the use of Yamaraja here, who is the final arbiter on karmic reaction or laws of dharma, is indicating that to fight Bali is to fight against righteousness.] Bali's power comes from the pleasure of the brahmanas, and will dissipate with their displeasure. For now you must run, hide, and wait unseen for Bali to bring himself low when he insults or displeases the descendants of Brighu."

Indra and the devas accept the words of their guru and, assuming various forms, make their escape just as Bali Maharaja enters the city. Using the momentum of his victory, Bali quickly brings the rest of the three worlds under his control - once again establishing the asura line as lords over the universal creation. His brahman patrons - as happy as Don King with a prime Mike tyson - quickly lead Bali Maharaja in the performance of a hundred asvamedha (horse) sacrifices. His reputation and power grew in all directions.

http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/8/15
>>
Far away from the great city of Indra and the battles between Deva and Asura, there's the small asrama of Kasyapa Muni and his wife Aditi. Aditi also happens to be the mother of the Devas. You can understand she was a little upset when she heard her children were ousted and on the run from Bali Maharaja. After days of lamentation from Aditi, Kasyapa awoke from trance and returned to the cottage. Aditi, dutiful wife of the patriarchy that she was, put her crying on the backburner and received her husband home. Decorum satisfied, he took the opportunity to ask Aditi what was wrong in the form of a lecture and mild rebuke.

"Gentle one, has something gone wrong in the affairs of those still subject to the whims of death? Are religious principles still followed, as all auspicious things come from such following. Have you rebuked an uninvited guest, turning our home to one of jackals? Have you been remiss in offering sacrifices to the fire and brahmanas? Are your sons faring well? I can see from your face that something troubles you."

Aditi responds to Kasyapa, with I'm sure an exasperated voice, that things are fine for the brahmanas, the cows, the religious tenets, and everything else dealing with other people. There's a hint of snideness in the next part where she reminds him that he is her husband and teacher, thus no way she would ever neglect a single part of the duties of householder life. Then she also inserts a bit on how great a devotee Kasyapa is, and how equal he is to all creatures. She links this to how Vishnu is also impartial, but will show special attention to those devoted to Him. Considering Kasyapa's similarity to Lord Vishnu, she sees no doubt that Kasyapa will fulfill her desire as she is devoted to him.

Some lovely wheedling if I ever heard it.

Kasyapa smiles because he sees right through her, but she IS his wife and all, so he agrees and gives her a 12 day process for begetting special kids. Try it out!
www.vedabase.com/en/sb/8/16
>>
Aditi follows the instructions of Kasyapa Muni precisely, and in 12 days is visited by the Supreme Lord Vasudeva. Twelve days to succeed in what will likely take me several lifetimes. Yes I envious. Oh to be even a demon in the pastimes of Krishna.

Aditi is dumbstruck and trembling at the presence of God. But God being God, He's used to this and waits patiently for her to gain some semblance of clarity. She dives in with appeals to how Vishnu is the ultimate shelter of all things, and how by His favor any outcome is certain. Whether one wants a celestial body or material opulence or yogic power or liberation from samsara - all things can be had by Vasudeva's benediction. What to speak of a measly request to conquer her rivals, the Asuras.

Vishnu, being a laid-back kinda guy, says "I totally get where you're coming from. You're mad about your sons losing all their stuff, and you want them back in power. You want the wives of the demons to cry over their bodies, and feel the pain your relatives had to go through.

"But right now, the demons are backed by the brahmanas, and those guys are my peeps. I don't want to go behind their backs. This isn't going to be won through a war. No worries tho - I'm not letting your worship be in vain. I'll find another way to get the Devas back on their throne."

And I need to take a break. I'll be back in an hour or two. Tune in then to discover what the plan of Vasudeva is, discuss whether you're still a cuck if God uses your body to impregnate your wife, and find out just how much of a peeping tom Brahma is!
>>
>tfw you will never convert to Vaishnavism
I have been reading the threads lately and I've come to really like the theology and philosophy of Vaishnavism, until I decided to visit a local community. I'm afraid I'll never be able to convert to this religion because it tends to attract the most and only the most obnoxious, loud and dirty hippies. Like ostentatiously loud, ostentatiously dirty, look at me I'm a hippie, hippies. Do you know the kind that can't stay quiet or stand still for five minutes without magically producing a guitar or a drum out of nowhere and start playing and singing badly, or just generally being loud and obnoxious?

I just can't stand this crowd. I literally can't be in the same room or around an audible distance from them. I have nothing against their existence, nor do I think they should change their behavior. I just can't stand them. The feeling may or may not be mutual. I don't care. All I know is that I can't be anywhere near them.

I believe that birds of the same feather flock together, and I am a quiet, introverted (and clean) person who just wants to meditate and worship in peace. Why can't Vaishnavism attract normal people? At least Buddhism tends to have nicer and cleaner people so I'll have to take Bhakta's word that the Buddha is an avatar and chose the second best thing in Buddhism. Peace
>>
>>17555281
Thank you for this narration Prabhu. You are definitely talented
>>
>>17557126
There are a few "hippy" types in ISKCON but they are definitely far and in between. Most vaishnavas I know are also incredibly clean. Maybe you should check out some Gaudiya Math temples to get some perspective.
>>
>>17554989
>But I still find it interesting that people like Prahlada or Narada will facilitate or bless the endeavor.

This is interesting to me as well. Perhaps it is similar to Lord Shiva granting boons to demons to engage the Lord in pastimes.
>>
>>17557580
The thing is that for Hindus Hinduism is the mainstream religion whereas for Westerners it is seen as an alternative religion, hence its appeal to alternative people, social outcasts, pariahs, leftists, potheads, hippies, in short the chandala.
>>
File: vamana deva.jpg (38 KB, 362x492) Image search: [Google]
vamana deva.jpg
38 KB, 362x492
If people are reading, I will continue.

As Aditi returned from her austerities, Kasyapa Muni was given a heads up from the Paramatma. He sensed that a portion of the Supreme Lord had entered within him, and that night the two made sweet, divine love in the missionary position for the purposes of procreation. When Brahma - who had never heard of personal space or private time - became aware of this, he immediately begins offering prayer and praise to the Supreme Lord.

When enough hype had been built, the Supreme Lord appeared from the womb of Aditi in His four-armed Narayana form. This sent the denizens of heaven into a frenzy, and they cheering and prayed and played music like teen girls watching Beiber change his shirt. (Note: There's a few passages here on the astrological timing of this event, apparently He appeared at high noon on "the 12th day of the bright fortnight in the month of Bhadra, when the moon came into the lunar mansion Śravaṇa, at the auspicious moment of Abhijit." So have fun with that, /div/.) Like a master showman, Lord Narayana paused a moment before changing to His Lila-Avatar - the form for this pastime. Where four-armed NArayana stood, there was now the dwarf brahman Vamana-deva. The sages were delighted to see God take the form of a brahman, and the story details a great many gifts from exalted personalities were given to Vamana-deva. After He was welcomed to the world, the tiny, effulgent brahman set off to where He would find Bali Maharaja, coming to the end of his one hundred asvamedha sacrifices.

When Vamana-deva arrived at the sacrificial area of Brighukaccha, the assembled priests, sages, and descendants of Brighu were awestruck by the apparent power and holiness of this new person. They began arguing as to His origin, or whether He was the Sun, Fire, or other god come to witness the ritual. All Bali Maharaja knew was this guy tipped the scales on his "Holy power" meter, and Bali wasn't about to let him slip away.
>>
Where do I start to get an in depth look of the history and concepts of Buddhism?
>>
>>17557813
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/
>>
File: Growth sig.jpg (58 KB, 1000x640) Image search: [Google]
Growth sig.jpg
58 KB, 1000x640
So what exactly is your soul mate, how does one truly acend(I've seen my true divine self well my forarms and hands both times I've done acid and he's its im very old and very powerful or at least that's the look I give off to myself is there anything I can do with this information (pic related my "souls" color pure vibrant white with with red outlines and purplish red chakra which flows through me)
Do you know of a ways to leave your life behind and join a holy group down a holy path
Apparently I'm suppose to become a saint and have been prophesied standing in a what may be a cave surrounded by fire worshiping god with Vestal virgins at an alter where there may or may not be a dead body laying Down upon anything I can do with this info either also I should be wearing white cloth
>>
As Vamana-deva entered the arena, Bali Maharaja stood and offered him a seat. Thinking of how even Lord Shiva accepts the water Ganges onto His head, though it flows from the toe of Lord Vishnu (plot hole warning!), Bali humbled himself by washing the feet of Vamana-deva and accepting this water onto his own head. Pleasing Vamana thusly, Bali said, "Welcome, oh great soul, you appear to us as austerity personified, which is the source of a brahmanas' power. By your arrival, my life, my family line, and this great endeavor are all successful. I think you have come to ask something of me, so please know that anything I have shall be yours to ask for. Cows, gold, housing, food, a nice wife, villages, anything you desire shall be yours."

http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/8/18

Vamana-deva smiles at the pleasant words, and sees how the brahmanas could back such a person, versed as he was in religious principles.

"Truly you are an exalted person, Bali, and one could expect no less coming from your family. It was your ancestor Hiranyaksha that wandered the worlds with just a club, and found no rival save for God Himself. When his brother - your great-grandfather Hiranyakashipu - learned of his defeat, he stormed Vishnu's palace intent on killing Him. And between you and me, there's a part not told to this story before (see Canto 7). Vishnu RAN from Hiranyakashipu. Ran smart, but ran. He knew the only place Hiranyakashipu never turned his gaze was inward, so Vishnu took on a subtle form and entered his heart. Unable to locate his enemy, Hiranyakashipu took Vishnu for dead. The Lord remained hidden in his heart until the birth of his son, your grandfather, Prahlada. There is no need to retell of his righteousness.

"Even your father, Virocana, was generous and dutiful toward brahmanas. Perhaps to the point of excess, for when the devas came in the guise of brahmanas, Virocana aided them to the point of his death though he knew of the deception."
>>
File: Bali-Maharaj-Back-To-Godhead.jpg (129 KB, 480x594) Image search: [Google]
Bali-Maharaj-Back-To-Godhead.jpg
129 KB, 480x594
"Now we see the generosity and observance continue with you, Bali Maharaja. Though you are willing and able to give so much, I ask only for three paces of land - to my measure. I would be remiss if I were to ask more than what I need. A brahman avoids entanglement by accepting only that which is necessary, and like me - my necessities are small."

"That's a lovely sentiment," said a perplexed Bali Maharaja, "but you're just a kid, and I don't think you've thought this through. I own pretty much everything, and you have pleased me today. After this boon, you shouldn't have to ask for anything from anyone ever again. I can give you an entire island."

"If I am not satisfied by what I need, then I will never be satisfied simply by having more. Even the great kings Prithu and Gaya who conquered the seven islands found no satisfaction, nor end to their ambition. The key to satisfaction is control of the senses, and as such I shall only require from you the three paces of land I need."

Bali Maharaja chuckles like a troll just told someone would find them IRL and beat them up, and agrees to Vamana-deva's proposal. As he stands and moves to seal the deal, his guru Sukracarya steps up. Sukracarya had been giving this new brahman some thought, and a nagging idea had taken hold. He warns Bali Maharaja not to go through with this. He suspects the dwarf brahman to be the Supreme Lord in disguise. No doubt this is some trick to steal everything away from Bali and give it to their enemy, Indra.
>>
File: nigga WUT.jpg (83 KB, 480x729) Image search: [Google]
nigga WUT.jpg
83 KB, 480x729
>tfw the student you've groomed to be king of the universe gives it all away to God in disguise
>>
The problem is that Bali has already said he'd do it, pact sealed or not. But with some clever finessing of ethics, Sukracarya decides that giving charity to the point of harm is unwise, because giving too much makes one poor, which is the what charity is meant to alleviate. Therefore reneging on this deal is the proper course of action. He also comes up with this lovely line to end the chapter:

>SB 8.19.43 — In flattering a woman to bring her under control, in joking, in a marriage ceremony, in earning one’s livelihood, when one’s life is in danger, in protecting cows and brahminical culture, or in protecting a person from an enemy’s hand, falsity is never condemned.

http://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/8/19

Bali Maharaja thought long and hard on this course of action. In the end, he went against his spiritual master, and reasoned thus:

"If this is truly a brahman, there is no chance of denying his request. I fear hell less than I fear the displeasure of brahmanas. If this is some trick to divorce me from my wealth, then so be it. It shall be gone at my time of death, and it has been gone in times past from control of the Daityas. I have no fear of separation if it can be used to increase my auspiciousness.

"But if, as you say, this is Lord Vishnu, then my plan of action is the same. For the Vedas declare all sacrifice belongs to Vishnu. So whether He appears as benefactor of punisher, I shall obey this request. He has come disguised out of fear, if He has come at all. For I doubt Vishnu would belay his reputation, and not stand and fight me, to conquer or die."

The incredulous Sukracarya could do nothing but curse his disciple to be bereft of his material opulence. The headstrong, steadfast Bali Maharaja would not waver, and had his wife bring a pot to wash Vamana-deva's feet and complete the deal. Immediately upon completeion, as Sukracarya feared, the dwarf brahman smiled as he began to grow.
>>
>>17557896
Here
>>17558138
So any ideas input advice
>>
File: vamana-deva giant.jpg (87 KB, 608x800) Image search: [Google]
vamana-deva giant.jpg
87 KB, 608x800
His body expanded rapidly, and the gathered assembly was astounded to be able to pick out unbelievable details therein. All aspects of material nature could be found on the gigantic dwarf. The elements and the living entities, greed and lust, religion and irreligion, the Devas and Daityas, the mountains and stars, the Vedic hymns, and all varieties of action and reaction.

This immense form lifted His leg, and with a deceptively slow arc the first step traversed all the Earthly worlds. As the assembly cowered and prayed and the Gandharvas sang in triumph, Vamana-deva's second step took Him across all the Heavenly planets. A third time He lifted his leg to stride, but as His foot stretched up and up, there was no more land to cross. (Note: In some tellings, Vamana-deva's toe broke through the universal covering, which is the celestial source of the Ganges.)

Regaining their composure, the demon associates of Bali Maharaja immediately cry foul, declaring Vamana to be no brahman, but the worst of cheaters. They gather their weapons and attack only to be rebuked by Garuda and the associates of Vishnu. Thinking of Sukracarya's curse, Bali Maharaja cries for the fighting to stop, and has a rather ingenious idea. He throws himself to the ground, and calls out to Vamana-deva, "Place your third step here!"
>>
>>17558207
Sorry, was trying to get the story done.

>soul mates
Souls can be connected in their service to Krishna, appearing eternally together in some variant of an archetype relationship. An eternal bond is said to be established between you and the person who initiates you into a disciplic succession. It does not anything to do with relationships centered on the self or bodily conceptions. No star-crossed lovers in this worldview.

At least not spiritually speaking. Souls can have their karma intertwined to the point where they are born into similar patterns repeatedly. But this is all material karma working itself out. It's still temporary.

>true divine self
The Chaitanya Charitamrita speaks of five types of liberation. One, sarupya, is obtaining the same bodily features as the Lord. No idea about the color thing.

>ways to leave your life behind and join a holy group down a holy path
You just do it. Find a group you consider authentic and follow them. Good luck.

Interesting vision but if you're asking me for insight into it I have none. Doesn't match anything I know.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (467 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
467 KB, 1024x768
>>17558277
B-but Radha and Krishna get to be a couple...
>>
>>17558330
Also what's the story behind this umbrella thing?
>>
>>17558277
It's all good sorry to interrupt I just thought I was being ignored and thank you for the input I'll have to look into sarupya god is one interesting looking creature if that holds true to my hallucinations very geometric
> find a group you consider authentic and follow them. Good luck.
That's the goal

And yah the Saint hood was relayed information from a physicic to my father and the rest a pre birthed vision from him it's all most likely garbage seeing as he's not the best man to put it lightly
>>
File: IMG_20160407_203052.jpg (19 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160407_203052.jpg
19 KB, 284x177
Oh and one last thing when I orgasamed on acid I had an out of body esc experience and saw my body engulfed in a pink lotus that was semi closed do you have any insight on this and what it means if anything
>>
>>17552233
The Buddha would accept any meal given him. as any Buddhist monk is supposed to do. "Beggars can't be choosers," as it were. Monks are meant to ask for alms and food, if given meat, the must eat!
>>
>>17550752
if you shit in the driveway of a man that is evil, is that more or less karma than if you shit in a designated shitting street?
>>
>>17557126
>implying vaishnavism is a religion.
>>
>>17561730
Of course it is, how could you say otherwise?
>>
File: krs1.jpg (379 KB, 1024x759) Image search: [Google]
krs1.jpg
379 KB, 1024x759
>>17550809

OP guess what, I am liberated. I am a jivanmukta. I was initially attracted to the concept and the path through Hindu philosophy.

And I never... once... dressed up in a white robe and sandals and sat in a cow patch. mwf
>>
>>17563505
Protip: people who claim to be liberated aren't
>>
>>17563524

I guess I'm the exception... Plus, where are all these people claiming to be liberated? And if they exist, how do you know they aren't?
>>
>>17563572
Please describe the qualities you think you have that make you a jivanmukta. I am referring to advanced devotees in our parampara (such as Lord Chaitanya and Bhaktivinod Thakur) who are understood to be nitya siddhas yet never disclose themselves as being pure devotees.
>>
>>17563579

Okay so, I'm not trying to be pedantic but it is not any specific qualities that make me liberated except the fact of being liberated. lol. But maybe I am being pedantic because I do know what you mean. You mean do I possess the qualities of a liberated person.

Well, yes I do. I have no karma, I enjoy all things equally and am happy in all states and no longer suffer. I would describe my enjoyment of different states as equal but not equivalent. Pleasure is pleasure and pain is pain but I enjoy them equally.

As I said I am no longer truly capable of suffering, and I am no longer capable of committing sin. I don't perceive any sin and experience reality as pure good.

If you read one of the many writings on the qualities of a liberated person, all of the statements about how it feels internally, that's how I feel. What is says about how they conduct themselves outwardly, that's not how I conduct myself.

Don't get me wrong, it's not having these qualities that makes me think I'm liberated. I knew I was liberated as soon as I became liberated.

Does that all sound reasonable?
>>
>>17563632
Sounds like you have a very vague conception of what it means to be liberated. Having equipoise is good, but it doesn't really sound like you have any spiritual realization (such as those described in the 9 stages of Bhakti). Even if you aren't practicing Bhakti Yoga it doesn't even sound like you have Bramhan realization.
>>
>>17563661

Would a liberated person tell you that you're fucking autistic? It's not about what's described in a book. Fuck yourself
>>
>>17563671
Actually, being conversant with shastra is incredibly important for the serious aspirant. Why don't you read the Bhagavad Gita and stop pretending to be something you're not.

>fuck yourself

Definitely a jivanmukta talking.
>>
>>17563661
>>17563684
>We have the monopoly on liberation
>You can only be liberated if you worship our god, donate to, propagandize and proselytise for out religion
Sounds like ex ecclesiam nulla salus (nulla liberatus?) to me, that is the Catholic doctrine according to which no one outside the church can be saved. I other words you are the Catholic Church of Hinduism claiming monopoly on liberation. Interestingly enough some have compared the Buddha with Martin Luther in that he broke the religious monopoly of the Brahmin priests, which relied heavily on temple worship and works with the priestly caste acting as the middle man between the gods and the people, and created a light version of Vedic religion, with Jain and Sramana elements thrown in between, which laid enphasis on the individual. To be sure, after the Buddha, the Vedic religion had its own counter-reformation and metamorphosed itself into Puranic Hinduism, with heavy borrowings from and mutual exchange with Mahayana Buddhism. The Bhakti and Tantric movements, for instance, arriving much later in history than the Brahmin priests would have you think, allowed for a much more direct experience with the divine. But still, ex ecclesis nulla salus it seems.
>>
the relationship between hinduism in ancient india, and the development of the then new buddhism, is an interesting one. i think buddhism can be understood as movement that goes contrary to the many traditions of hindu india, such as deity worship, magical thought, and caste system

i also heard that hinduism is the renmants of the teachings of the previous buddha long long ago
>>
>>17565657
I did not claim he has to subscribe to Bhakti yoga in order to be liberated. However, to claim to be a Jivanmukta without subscribing to a legitimate yoga system is patently false.

>>17565876
Buddha was an incarnation of Vishnu with the intent to stop animal sacrifice by disregarding the Vedic scriptures. He later reintroduced the significance of the Vedas by sending lord Shiva to propagate Mayavadi philosophy as Shankaracharya.
>>
>>17566242
>Buddha was an incarnation of Vishnu with the intent to stop animal sacrifice by disregarding the Vedic scriptures. He later reintroduced the significance of the Vedas by sending lord Shiva to propagate Mayavadi philosophy as Shankaracharya.
This is what Hindus actually believe!
>>
File: dasavatar.jpg (184 KB, 726x944) Image search: [Google]
dasavatar.jpg
184 KB, 726x944
>>17566265
Considering two separate Buddhas are mentioned in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, yes - that is what Vaishnavas believe.

> SB 1.3.24 — Then, in the beginning of Kali-yuga, the Lord will appear as Lord Buddha, the son of Añjanā, in the province of Gayā, just for the purpose of deluding those who are envious of the faithful theist.

> SB 2.7.37 — When the atheists, after being well versed in the Vedic scientific knowledge, annihilate inhabitants of different planets, flying unseen in the sky on well-built rockets prepared by the great scientist Maya, the Lord will bewilder their minds by dressing Himself attractively as Buddha and will preach on subreligious principles.

According to Jiva Goswami, the second verse is referencing a previous Kali Yuga.
>>
>>17567417
>flying unseen in the sky on well-built rockets prepared by the great scientist Maya

Amazing.
>>
>>17567448
In translucency, the sanskrit:

tataḥ kalau sampravṛtte
sammohāya sura-dviṣām
buddho nāmnāñjana-sutaḥ
kīkaṭeṣu bhaviṣyati

deva-dviṣāṁ nigama-vartmani niṣṭhitānāṁ
pūrbhir mayena vihitābhir adṛśya-tūrbhiḥ
lokān ghnatāṁ mati-vimoham atipralobhaṁ
veṣaṁ vidhāya bahu bhāṣyata aupadharmyam

If you check the word-for-word at the site you'll note the second verse doesn't seem to make any mention of WHO exactly is deluding the atheists. It is likely Prabhupada translated the name in due to Jiva Goswami's commentary as to who the verse is talking about.

As for the sci-fi,

>pūrbhiḥ — by rockets

Yet the synonyms displayed have purbhih meaning "body." Perhaps "bodily," or "physical construct" would be more literal.

>mayena — made by the great scientist Maya; vihitābhiḥ — made by

Seems rather clear here.

>adṛśya-tūrbhiḥ — unseen in the sky

This is the only place in the SB that turbhih shows up. Adrsya is clearly unseen in usage, so turbhih is "in the sky?" Synonym link gives caturbhih, which is "by/from/with four [blank]." So I'm guessing it meant "unseen in four directions."
>>
>>17567417
>believing in Brahmin false propaganda and damage control
>believing later, ad hoc fabricated "prophecies" concerning the Buddha are actually predate the Buddha
Wew lad.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.