[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
supposedly Marie Curie - the number one female scientist in history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: marie curie.jpg (11 KB, 212x300) Image search: [Google]
marie curie.jpg
11 KB, 212x300
supposedly Marie Curie - the number one female scientist in history - had a big interest in mediums, ghosts and spirits.

can't find much on it on google tho. Am i being memed by new age writers?
>>
>>17548580
She probably was, she was a woman, after all, and wonen tend to be irrational beings
>>
>>17548588
you're on /x....
>>
>>17548599
Yeah, so? I was just going with Marie's zeitgeist
>>
>>17548588
>the only person in history with 2 noble prizes in 2 different field of science

>irrational

yeah, sure buddy. I'm sure she was conviced just by some con artist word.
>>
>>17548630
All the brains in the world won't help you if you're autistic.. For instance, Tesla, who liked going to bars and play poker, pool, and darts, was profficient at the latter two, while sucking ass at the first one, even though he could win using his smarts to calculate favorable odds. Why? Because autism
>>
>>17548637
poker is terrible. my bad luck is paranomal.
>3h of careful play. double profit
>last 15 minutes
>KK vs AA 2x preflop
>set over set

fuck my life. could we stay on topic tho?

Any /x/friend knows about Curie interest in the occult?
>>
>>17548588
Kill yourself.
>>
>>17548735
I love you too, anon.
>>
>>17548588
Finally, an intelligent thought on /x/.
>>
>>17548580

>The number one female scientist in history
>have to explain who she is

Kek.
>>
>>17548630
she got a nobel prize for her husband's work (she was basically his glorified lab tech) because the nobel society thought it was progressive to give it to a woman.
>>
>>17548630
You say that like she did it all by herself. She shared both with other people.
>>
>>17548630

Newton believed in alchemy. Einstein believed in vegetarianism. Smart people believe in irrational things all the time.
>>
>>17548678

Wow, one bad beat. You should collect on the JREF challenge if you have any proof.
>>
>number one female scientist
>husband does all the work
>wife takes all the credit
checks out
>>
File: 1416726664023.jpg (36 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1416726664023.jpg
36 KB, 396x385
>>17548866
>greatest example of a female scientist in history

>literally just took the credit for a mans work
>>
>>17548866
>>17549064
>>17549086
gb2 >>>/r9k/
>>
I'm taking a course on technology prior to WW1 right now. A LOT of the prominent scientists around the turn of the century investigated mediums and general creepy shit. Marie Curie and her husband were one of them.

Physicist Marie Curie
Chemist William Crookes
Physicist Oliver Lodge (rival to Marconi)
Psychologist William James

They even had a Society for Psychical Research. These people would use purely scientific methods to investigate mediums, seances, ectoplasm... Many were ultimately fooled. They believed in something called the Ether, which was a substance that filled the whole universe. The concept of the Ether explained how planets moved through the firmament and how thoughts could transmit force.
>>
>>17549039
> Newton believed in alchemy
hey this guy has a good point
> Einstein believed in vegetarianism
oh nevermind

you don't believe in vegetarianism same as you don't believe in capitalism, its not something paranormal
>>
>>17549039
> Empathy towards animals
> irrational

oh 4chan
>>
>>17549809
Let us be edgy. It's in our tradition.
>>
>>17549125
Fuck off roastie. Best ever female scientist - a cocksucker who took loads back the throat before clsiming credit for her husbands work.

Female contributions to science - 0
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.