[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: smiling-man.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
smiling-man.jpg
67 KB, 1920x1080
Can a character in your dream become self-aware? The possibility of this happening creeps me out pretty bad, I wouldn't want a self-aware character hiding somewhere in my mind watching everything I do.
>>
>>17547387
Tulpas can!
>>
>>17547396

pls no
>>
>>17547401
It's too late. The door is open.
>>
>>17547387
I personally have a dream stalker... so yeah, if you know that dreams have our souls in them, yeah you can meet another self aware person in a dream
>>
>>17547396
Tulpas are fictitious.
>>
>>17547387
Wasn't there a thread a few years ago (If anyone remembers that far) where this anon would constantly have a man with a cloak in all of his dreams and then he started seeing him in real life? I never followed the whole thread, but it might relate to this one.
>>
Yes. When I had my first lucid dream there was a man who hugged me once I realized I was dreamed and told me to come back some time.
>>
>>17547387
I believe that you can connect to another person's subconscious when dreaming. It happened to me twice. I believe this because I was lucid dreaming the first time I noticed it happening. I met some guy from uni and asked him questions. He seemed absent minded and was rambling about something that didn't really make sense to me. A few days later though we met irl and he told me about something that was troubling him, it was the same subject he was talking about in the dream. We hadn't talked to each other before that btw.
>>
>>17547387
Try here, m8 >>17515303
>>
>>17547387
well, the characters of authors can become unpredictable in their behavior, so I think that dream characters can become independent, too.

if he/she is self-aware, it could just be another part of you
>>
I see the same person in my dreams sometimes. I feel like somewhere in the real world he exists. He has a pale face, dark curly hair and a suit, but there's something odd about him I can't describe.
>>
>>17547430
this is correct
>>
>>17547430
To be correct they are only real to you.

I've once created accidently a tulpa, i used to interact with character in my daydreams for long hours for few months till it suddenly started acting on its own, i freaked out and tried to kill her but it didnt work eventually she faded away
>>
>>17547437
Aw, that's sweet :3
>>
>>17548781
He's a vampire, anon.
>>
File: 1458862878406.png (9 KB, 444x450) Image search: [Google]
1458862878406.png
9 KB, 444x450
I'll always remember one dream I had when I was younger, it was one of those long epic ones where you seem to live out a whole lifetime, there were people I met and struggled with and became deep friends with

Then it started to fade away, all my friends were waving goodbye, one of them, a little girl, was the only one standing next to me

She says, "I'm going to miss you"
I'm starting to come back to waking consciousness and lucidity, so I reply, "It's alright. You're just a dream, really."

Then she gives me this confused look I'll never forget, and goes, "No I'm not. You're the dream..."

Wake up

Well fug
>>
File: terrific.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
terrific.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>>17547387
i had a dream like 8 years ago and this older man in a suit with a derby hat came riding down on a bike that could fly. He told me he had traveled the world and now to get away he vacations in peoples dreams.

He was very friendly and told me he wanted to go somewhere a bit different than my dream. He said goodbye and flew off on his bike.
>>
>>17547387
There are locations I can visit in my dreams, and this locations sometimes have people.
Time goes by between visits, for example:
There is a videogame bazaar in the middle of a desert in my dreams. The clerk is a guy who has been getting older every time I visit.
There are lots of locations, and lots of people. And if someone dies, I never dream of them again
>>
>>17547387
It can, happened to me.
>>
Once i dreamt about some apartments where i lived as a kid, and outside where a guy i used to go to school with and some other dude i couldn't recognise, and both were messing around with what looked like a trap door. When i came near the former, he told me he wasn't my old pal, but one of the people who made and gave maintenance to dreams, and kept on minding his business while i minded mine.
>>
sometimes dreams are visions of real places

sometimes they are visions of what is yet to come

you may dream of creatures who exist somewhere out there
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.