[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could we be in some kind of simulation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (426 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
426 KB, 1920x1200
Could we be in some kind of simulation?
>>
Did you not learn anything from the matrix? Everything is a simulation.
>>
>>17546787
It depends on what you mean by simulation. If you think we are in a computer controlled reality, it seems unlikely. But to be the manifestation of the thoughts of some cosmic beings or consciousness that we could never understand, while still unlikely, is less unlikely. Though we would really never know.
>>
>>17546799
The matrix is fiction.
>>
There is an extremely extremely small chance that we are not. That would mean in the billions of years before humans that no civilization ever became technologically advanced enough to simulate the universe, so a very very very very very small chance that we aren't.
>>
File: Aaaaw!_poor_Penny's_crying!.jpg (39 KB, 957x698) Image search: [Google]
Aaaaw!_poor_Penny's_crying!.jpg
39 KB, 957x698
Yes. /x/ is a simulation run so that the FBI can data mine all the pertinent information on schizophrenics and neck beards who live in the attic instead of the basement.
>>
Punch yourself in the balls op. If it hurts, it's not a sim.
Simples.
>>
>>17546787
Yes, everything points towards that probably being the case.

Tom knows..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2Nlbro2MNBs
>>
>>17546806
And the source for this is a nasa scientist just google are we in a simulation find the guy's name and read his paper I'm not gonna explain it all.... But it's such a small chance because in the simulation a simulation would be built and so on and so forth until the simulated universes out number the first real one incredibly
>>
Einstein proved that everything is energy with E=MC2. So, words will never be able to describe reality perfectly. I would say we're not so much in a simulation as we are experiencing form on planet earth within One Mind that observes the whole of creation within itself.
>>
>>17546810

you're the best XOXOXOX most feds are assclowns
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopfield_network

Chances are that we are inside a Hopfield network.
>>
>>17546829
I have thought of this. But where do the simulations come from in the first place?
>>
Not a computer simulation running on an OS that requires binary logic. That's just silly.

I think the term "dream" is more accurate than "simulation".
>>
Viewzone- What Is Light. "The Matrix" is planck particles 0's & 1's we are in a simulation and Christ is the single avatar solution. There is always one incarnated but only some grasp there Thelema and use their Christ Consciousness as intended. To be either the Christ the people need at the time or the antichrist they deserve and have created themselfs. 33
>>
>>17547179
I think this thread is more about the simulation hypothesis rather than your personal belief.
>>
>>17547193
And my post is about how the simulation hypothesis has some merit to it, but that thinking we are running on a binary machine is the product of living in a society that only uses binary machines for computing. It could be something that has aspects of both simulations and dreams.
>>
VIEWZONE- WHAT IS LIGHT
>>
>>17547206
Good point, actually.
>>
File: adreamandaconspiracy.jpg (66 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
adreamandaconspiracy.jpg
66 KB, 720x404
We're a dreaming turtle in outer space, duh.
>>
>>17547179
See Quantum Computing anon
>>
>>17546787
Honestly this whole election cycle is making me question my already feeble grasp on reality. It's like /pol/'s memes are better at making a candidate than the actual process is...
>>
>>17547166
From what we call God.
>>
I would like to crash this simulation with no survivors.
>>
File: feel.jpg (180 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
180 KB, 680x510
>>17546787
>Could we be in some kind of simulation?
What I know for certain is that there is a more real reality on top off what we know as reality, an absolute reality.

Never figured out how to get to this more real, absolute reality though, I came very close to waking up twice in my life, but there's always forces that put you back to "sleep".

If I should guess I'd say in death we will be free, but that's only speculation. It seems to be that we are here for a reason, and have to stay here a little while longer, everything in this reality goes according to a great plan, everything is connected and makes perfect sense.

I was an atheist all my life, but after experiencing waking up from this reality, or at least becoming lucid in this dream or simulation or whatever we want to call this reality,, I have to admit that most religions point into this direction and are in their core true.
>>
We are not equipped to deal with questions like those, faget. Go ask your budgie to build an ICBM radar, see how it goes TWEET TWEET instead. That's exactly what we do when faced with existential questions, no brain equipment or software to work with crap like this.
>>
>>17546787
https://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_Matrix/
>>
>>17546799

The matrix was sociopolitical
>>
>>17546787
Yes
Our observable universe COULD also sit in one particle of shit in some alien ant farm
>>
Didn't mean to de rail I believe in the illusion of reality
>>
Let's face it, we live our daily lives hoping that nobody screw us over, and you know what? they already did.

You are the result of the greatest experiment in socio politics ever attempted.

You have all the info about every shady deal in the world and you can't change nothing, cause you are not real enough.

You used your time in gathering the info and forgot to do something.
>>
The evidence strongly supports this fact. The main aspect that allows this simulation to continue is not real and is not questioned at all by any segment of the simulation's population. All are programmed to accept it as integral to existence when in fact it only is essential because this reality is false. Objective truth.
>>
>>17548291
But then you all missed the part where "The Matrix" was based upon words spoken by Rene Descartes... and if you thought that all the mathematical, abstract jargon and digital terminology was sociopolitical all on it's own...

I have bad news for you.
>>
>>17547664
Sir or madam, I would like to inform you of the computing power that your brain possesses.

It is a seemingly modular, adaptable learning machine that is capable of forming it's own unique connections per array of neurons/clusters of processing units. It is suggested to hold the capacity to commit towards several petabytes of data.

Petabytes. I don't think you will, in your current state, be able to grasp that fully, because programming is essential. With that being said, all one needs to do is program a human brain in "the right fashion".

We are most certainly equipped to deal with questions like these, we just simply are not trying to answer them using the total collective power of each and every brain present.
>>
File: welt am draht.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
welt am draht.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>17546799
The Matrix is a knockoff
>>
Everyone, everyone! Try counting Pi!
>>
>>17549026

>modular

We'll need some sources for that claim. Adding/removing components related to the brain has not been done very much
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mjmwdrYler1rtvi5f.gif (282 KB, 160x148) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mjmwdrYler1rtvi5f.gif
282 KB, 160x148
>>17546787
Up, up, down, down left, right, left, right, A, B
>>
>>17549040
You're doing it right now. You just performed an electrochemical process to jerk your meat-sticks the right way, after having jerked them in other ways numerous times so that you knew what "typing" was.

I'm unsure if I can link things on this board, so I'll throw out some names you can look up if you are that concerned about it:

The "Eyeborg", Lobotomies, Tumor surgery, Accidental penetrations of the skull, Ambidexterity, Memory loss, Logic skills (Math, Linguistics, Rhythm, Structural design, Image design), PET scans of individuals and controls under stress and repetitive tasks and the effects of an all-human assembly line... I could go on.
>>
>>17549040
>>17549056
May I also remind you of cell death. Neurons and their connections are seldom replaced. Therefore... much can be lost if you lose enough of them.

I'd think that counts as removal of a component of the brain.
>>
>Stuck in a computer program
>No one knows how to raise an exception error
Send help.
>>
>>17546787

We could.
>>
>>17546787

not could be, we are you dum nigger
>>
>>17547206
the universe is mathematical at his fundations , is just natural that binary is his root , becose being someting and being not are 1 an 0 also remember the most basic interation occurs bewten someting and noting.
>>
>>17546787
This is actually a legitimate scientific theory, like no joke, forgot what it's called though.
>>
>>17546787
Yes, we are. Read Ed Fredkin's theory. Brian Withworths' "The Physical World as a Virtual Reality".
And for a complete theory you can read Tom Campbell's My Big Toe Books, or watch his Calgary MBT workshops.
This reality is a simulation, the budda said it, Schopenhauer said it, and many others.
Reaserch!
>>
>>17546787
i think the more important question is does it really matter?
reality as we know it will go on whether you like it or not.
>>
>>17552020
Read toms books 7years ago,learned to meditate,and explore the larger reality,changed my life"uncle tom thanks"
>>
>>17552020
just sounds like a way to detach t bh.
>>
>>17546829
Typical role player
>> I'm not going to help you, go find it
Some obscure paper yourself
>>
File: 1397024142366.jpg (29 KB, 450x407) Image search: [Google]
1397024142366.jpg
29 KB, 450x407
>>17546823
How can you believe in a simulation earth if it is just a theory (a geuss)?
>>
Su gfa :v putois
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.