[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FRACTAL GEOMETRY: The shapes that come out of fractal geometry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
FRACTAL GEOMETRY: The shapes that come out of fractal geometry look like nature. This is an amazing fact that is hard to ignore. As we all know, there are no perfect circles in nature and no perfect squares. Not only that, but when you look at trees or mountains or river systems they don’t resemble any shapes one is used to in maths. However with simple formulas iterated multiple times, fractal geometry can model these natural phenomena with alarming accuracy.

MULTIVERSE / META-UNIVERSE: is the hypothetical set of finite and infinite possible universes.

THEORY: In short the picture attached to this post is a visual representation of one of the many varying self replicating visual images derived from the mathematics of fractal geometry, I cannot stress enough just how prevalent fractal geometry is in our lives weather it be at microscopic level or telescopic level we see these patters every day and think nothing of them, If you have yet to grasp this think of a tree trunk, and then to the branches and then to the smaller sub branches and then from branches to leafs and then on one of the leafs you can see a structure that further resembles this pattern the deeper you look the more you will find, then I noticed just like the pattern on the leaf there are many different paths you can take if you closely look from (stem) to the end of the pattern, And much like the multiverse theory there seem to be infinite possibilities all existing parallel to each other, my proposition is that maybe time itself follows this pattern, for instance you are at the (stem/root) of the structure and you are brought to a point where you may have to go left or right, lets just for a moment suppose this was at the point of the bodies biological programming to either become male or female, male being the left route and female being the right route, now you have passed this event you are faced with a whole branch of infinitely possible events to follow.
Feedback appreciated
>>
Ease up on acid m8.
Also evolution, growth, and changes being consequences of random iterations and mutations which evolves at a really slow pace according to our perception, patterns can go everywhere from conscience-induced fracture of possibility following choices to natural flow of progression dicted by genes.

All of this to say that universe doesn't make sense.
>>
>>17544444
>44444
Our universe is reflects the eternal, the Absolute, everything is in motion here until the day be with us.
>>
>>17544444
This hypothesis was derived from a non intoxicated state of mind m80, I see what you are getting at but surely weather the actions divide into different branches due to 'natural' unconscious behaviours or due to a set path we choose consciously it would all fall into the same fractal path pattern?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 406x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 406x700
>>17544425
Well m8,
I am quite handy at Biology, and find it hard to understand these fractal patterns you are describing, there are certainly a huge number of exceptions to this rule (fractal cactuses?) which leads me to believe you are looking for anything that is mildly symetrical and overlaying a fractal pattern to it which doesn't truly exist on a smaller scale. We don't ever use fractal geometry to model the physical features of a specimen, that would be ludicrous.

Now, the mutiverse theory. I would argue that do to the infinite number of pathways available at any one time it would be impossible to map them like you speak, the original fractal piece (key) would be constantly covered by a rapidly increasing number of options, and if one of these options was taken, it's proximity to the original piece and other pieces would likely limit it from displaying all possible options available. Just like your gender idea, what happens to transgender people, or intersex? nothing in this world is a straightforward black and white.
>>
>>17544532
This. And also, you recognizing a tree in a fractal does not mean trees naturally grow into fractals. If you've noticed, trees grow wherever sun is more prominent. And it doesn't just apply to trees.
>>
>>17544532
You are still thinking in straight lines, Its my own fault this was my first draft, I should really re write this more descriptively, I don't suggest that these patterns are everywhere I simply think that as we are a product of nature that has evolved to accommodate time as a reference in our consciousness, and it seems that many people discard the idea that time itself may follow this rule of nature. Its plausible, please elaborate on your disbelief in the consistency of fractal geometry in nature I would argue with confidence that not a single product of nature does not follow this geometric mathematical formulae
>>
The universe is fractal
So what
>>
>>17544552
Well yeah, but they are made by the same process, just like a mandelbrot. The sun goes around the same way, and this creates fractalness.

Our genes are fractal because it's the best way to do stuff. We are all made by sun and moon and rain and our collective walk around the elipse.

We're spirographs, starting from our orbits, we make infinne complexity, and it is just sifted like flour until the discordant things break and become harmonious in time. If your body isn't fractal, you look weird. Our fingers are based on our toes which is based on the dick which is based on universal perfection.
>>
>>17544552
Its interesting you mention the sun you would be one of the many people who have suggested the sun being an outlier in the equation, before I continue I would like to remind people who are reading this that I suggested this as a hypothesis not a theory, as far as I know gravity plays a crucial part in the mechanics of time, and the sun being the dominant gravitational force in our solar system may have a role to play in this Hypothesis, anyone with knowledge on this topic would be warmly welcomed to this discussion
>>
>>17544425
Not every tree looks like that. Few do in fact.
>>
>>17544556
What "rule" of nature is it that time follows in your opinion?
>not a single product of nature
What about an atom?
Or if you mean, any living product of nature, how about red blood cells?
I cannot see any way to map a curve with this idea that reflects nature, as the basic building block is inherently dissimilair to any tile you can imagine.
>>
Ironically, Universe may be too simple and too massive for our brain to grasp.
But basically, doesn't everything come together at some point ?
Be it by gravity or electromagnetic forces things tend to come closer to each other and react to each other.
So are we destined to be one in our collective rules of interaction ? And aren't we already our own Universe of social interactions and rules ?
>>
OP's been at the cough medicine again
>>
>>17544569
Although, gravity is not fractal, it is a uniform field, and it is heavily linked to time, so what now?
>>
File: sunfleavesgrid.gif (115 KB, 413x399) Image search: [Google]
sunfleavesgrid.gif
115 KB, 413x399
>>17544425
do some research on sacred geometry - while not all fractal, the universe does follow mathematical and geometrical principles, such as leaves around a plant stem growing at 135 degrees to each other (golden ratio AKA phi or 1:1.618)
>>
>>17544603
This is not always the case my friend. Not at all.
>cactuses
>needle leaves
>uniform coverage
>not 135
Enjoy.
>>
>>17544601
I don't know, I will further research all valid input to this thread as it is something I hope to further understand. Its a bit of a rabbit hole
>>
>>17544613
took me 5 seconds to find a fractal image of a cactus
>>
>>17544631
I hate to say it this early mate, but you are going to have a hard time proving this hypothesis, as what evidence could you possibly give?
>>
>>17544642
and it takes me 1 to find a cactus that is not fractal?
This is therefore not a rule, or law, and hence simply a passing interest to some people, the same as how certain species of baboon have purple asses.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 391x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 391x377
>>17544647
oh, look at that...
Need I continue?
>>
>>17544643
Its more a personal journey for me, but you are right what good was any theory that is concrete today before it was proved? Even amongst the greatest minds in science no one has even proposed a idea as it is such a scientifically taboo subject and many credible minds have put a lot of time into picking apart the peices but dare reveal there philosophies on the matter in fear of jeopardizing there credibility, But I'm no scientist I'm just a bloke who likes to think a lot, in the great words of Aristotle ''It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting''
>>
>>17544651
Just to clear this one up after carefully reviewing this archive of cacti acknowledge that at some point there are fractal structures present, after doing so please find the nearest cactus and insert it into your rectal cavity http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artjan07/bj-cacti.html
>>
>>17544672
At some point, in some cactuses, hence this is a pointless subject to discuss with more than a passing interest, and certainly doesn't prove any kind or natural law of fractals.
>>
>>17544660
Why have you not replied to
>>17544588
And the reason no one will mention it is because there is simply no way you can prove it, it is the equivalent of introducing inexplicable gods or aliens in order to disprove a currently working theory.
I am still not exactly sure what this hypothesis of yours involves, as you seem to have been unable to correctly define it in it's purest form, but if you happen to, I majored in Biology and can probably shoot some holes in it.
>>
>>17544684
I am simply throwing ideas around, and what currently working theory would that be? not a single concious being understands time, Its also nothing like preaching about a deity tis nothing more than a discussion. I'll see no dogma in my post.
>>
>>17544678
That is where you are wrong, although there are limited resources online to prove this as there simply isnt a image for every cactus on the macro or nanoscopic level. I know this to be true. If you seriously want to contend this statement take a look yourself, also you stated that
''At some point, in some cactuses''
you may want to revise your statement to
''At some point, in all cactuses''
>>
>>17544672
You're quite dense.
>>
>>17544701
That time is simply a construct to understand the relatively linear change observable in the universe. Time is quite well understood in terms of what it can and can't be, what you are busy talking about is a fate map, and it doesn't account for which options are more favorable or important, and as such is usless except as a way of reviewing events that have already occured, whereas current understandings of time can have a concept of future as well.
>>
Morons. Fractalism is self similarity and finding similar patterns in all facets of life. Perfect fractals don't exist naturally very often, but all of nature builds about fractals, it only depends on frequency, variability, and other conflicting variables.
>>
>>17544711
I majored Biology, are you really going to tell me that every single species of cactus in existence, not accounting for external factors (weather etc), displays some observable aspect of the golden ratio at some stage in it's life cycle?
If this is really your outlook then you are delusional, and even further to that point, what about mushrooms?
Can you not see that trying to apply a rule this exact to nature is futile?
>>
>>17544748
>all of nature builds about fractals
Care to explain that anon? possibly
with an example? as this rule seems shakey to me
>>
>>17544759
The point is that the universe is a feedback loop. I'm not entirely knowledgablr about fractals but if you watch a documentary then you may see that fractals are nothing but roughness (nature abhors straight lines) that develops in a pattern, even if the pattern is difficult to observe. Also read into set theory, etc. Fractal are at their heart heavily mathematical.
>>
>>17544770
When you say a feedback loop, are we talking in terms of space or time here?
Also, fractals generally require only a few pieces that are repeated in patterns which only become apparent later, what are the basic fractal pieces in the universe then, in your opinion?
I know they are heavily mathmatical, I took advanced statistics, still not seeing how that helps the hypothesis you are putting forward, unless you are somehow saying that because they are scientific it gives your idea credit?
>>
>>17544532
>We don't ever use fractal geometry to model the physical features of a specimen

Yeah we do.
http://fractal.org/Life-Science-Technology/Publications/Blood-flow-fractal-models.pdf

Fractals show up everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApJcmlqYrEk

Language has also been shown to follow a fractal pattern.

http://www.mi.sanu.ac.rs/vismath/BA2007/sym79.pdf
>>
>>17545734
>presents a source which has been sited as a simplification by one of it's own researchers
Did you even properly read this bullshit?
Fractals are not everywhere, show me the fractal modelling of an atom.
Oh does it? because I find it hard to believe someone has narrowed down every possibility in the english language to a handful of possibly fractal pathways, did you even read this extract?
>>
>>17545897
>Touches on absolutely zero of the evidence provided.

Forgive the liberal use of the word "everywhere," autist. Patterns in nature and in what we create fit a fractal model so often that there is reason to think a fractal nature either arises from or gives great benefit/efficiency to ordered, replicating systems.

>show me the fractal modelling of an atom
Atoms work on a different scale. Makes sense they wouldn't follow the same patterns. But I can show it to you on a molecular level.

https://books.google.com/books?id=senMkpaG68IC&pg=PA306&lpg=PA306&dq=fractals+in+molecular+bonding&source=bl&ots=mqIl1WzqrH&sig=3J2N9s_gI42-j72zf7-8ROfZ5Gc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSoKTqnfbLAhUDQSYKHf1lCCsQ6AEINTAF#v=onepage&q=fractals%20in%20molecular%20bonding&f=false

We can make our own.

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acsnano.5b04427?journalCode=ancac3

>I find it hard to believe someone has narrowed down every possibility in the english language to a handful of possibly fractal pathways
You misunderstand. The fractal pattern is found in word usage, not in communication paths. I don't know if anyone has studied that.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4474631/
>>
The entire universe tends to go toward the golden mean. Like air blown into a soap bubble will always create a sphere, so the chaos in the universe settles into the golden ratio.
>>
>>17544425
Indeed. Bump for Pythagoras and Plato. Future humanity will vindicate these two men.
>>
>>17544444
Nope. Gradualism is being chalenged left and right in biology.
>>
>>17544532
Multiverse theory is bullshit. Fractals are everywere, but not only geometrical but also process fractals. Sistems use them to save resources. Check Tom Campbell's work
>>
>>17544552
Trees have growth patterns. They don't just aim tuords the sun, branches divide in different ways for different plants
>>
>>17546595
And Schopenhauer
>>
>>17546301
For answers to this see the work of Tom Campbell. Videos on yutube or his book on google books
>>
Pyrite and halite form in perfect cubes, among a few other minerals. The elements are our ancestors, btw.
>>
>>17544532
This image spoops me everytime i see it. I dont know why tho
>>
>>17544613
i never said that specific rule applied to all plants, but it can be seen in a lot of things
>>
>>17544601
i had an idea the other day.
one way of understanding gravity is by thinking about spacetime as being distorted by gravity. so if gravity bends it one way, maybe there is a way to bend it the other way, effectively reversing time?
there's not really any solid physics behind this but its an idea
>>
>>17544425

Fractal patterns occur often in biology because

A. They're repeating
B. They're efficient

Both of which evolution/DNA gets a hard-on for. They also occur often in stuff like crystal geometry because again, they repeat. There's no sublime mystery to fractals. Humans can make the mistake of thinking they're extremely complex when actually, they're extremely simple.

Also, celestial bodies are very nearly perfect spheres because that's the most favorable conformation.
>>
>>17546425

No, the entire universe tends toward highest entropy. The golden ratio only ever becomes relevant in spiral structures.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.