[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we the only animals on this planet that have built monumental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1388004782248.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1388004782248.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
Why are we the only animals on this planet that have built monumental things. skyscrapers, bridges cross massive rivers, the Panama Canal.

There has to be a reason, we can't be the only ones, there has to be something that came before us.
>>
We're the first ones on earth to do so.

Because we evolved to be smart, not to be fast or strong, which is a very rare trait in the animal kingdom.
>>
>>17541572

Would you say the octopi are next for evolution in the intelligence area?
>>
>>17541592
Octopi are not social animals. I don't see how they will ever create anything out of value, if they will never co-operate.

I'd say rats.
>>
File: nimh.jpg (48 KB, 508x275) Image search: [Google]
nimh.jpg
48 KB, 508x275
>>17541611
>>
>>17541626

That movie was nightmare fuel to me as a child. For some reason my mom kept turning it on.

Why the fuck did I have to do 5 fucking captchas!? "Multiple solutions required"

Fucking cunt 4chan is going to start having 30 seconds ads on the captchas soon if this keeps up.
>>
>>17541611

Maybe raccoons, they have thumbs which are needed to hold tools.
>>
>>17541611
Ratatouille
>>
>>17541592
as long as we're the dominant species, we'll keep everything else down
>>
>>17541592
Squids and octopi are the invertebrate species with the most developed neural system
>>
File: 1456815529192.jpg (664 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1456815529192.jpg
664 KB, 1000x1333
>>17541561
Ants probably think their huge underground networks are fucking amazing, we are just bigger than them and think its insignificant

Why shouldn't we be the first animals to build cool shit? The Earth is fairly young right?

We are like the first group to the early bird special, we haven't seen a damn thing yet and sadly nobody who sees this post will likely live long enough to see it either

Born too young I say, this is probably why I believe in reincarnation, it fufills my fantasy to live in the real future, when humans actually start exploring space
>>
>>17541592
chimps.
They have been making primitive tools for thousands of years now, and have recently been found to be making more advanced versions of these stone tools.
And some possibly ritual behaviour:
http://news.discovery.com/animals/chimps-throw-stones-at-trees-in-mysterious-new-behavior-160229.htm
Unless we kill most or all of them first, of course.
>>
>>17541561
Termites build 3-4 meter tall mounds. Given their relative size that is a pretty impressive feat
>>
>>17541561

>There has to be a reason, we can't be the only ones, there has to be something that came before us.

Why? Someone has to be first.
>>
>>17541773

because we are too insignificant to be the first, we're too petty as a species. We don't have what it takes...
>>
>>17541561
>Why are we the only animals on this planet that have built monumental things
We are not though, we are just the only ones doing it right now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.