[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>think about friend i didnt talk to in ages >suddenly phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: telepathy500a.jpg (35 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
telepathy500a.jpg
35 KB, 500x361
>think about friend i didnt talk to in ages
>suddenly phone rings, its that friend

im sure a lot have experienced that in some form or another but WTF is that? telepathy, sensing feelings? how is that possible?
>>
>>17541005
I have enough evidence to claim that telepathy and divination exist. A pity science doesn't want to study them. Just do your own research and if you happen to learn to control it have fun.
>>
pure coincidence
>>
http://www.sheldrake.org/research/animal-powers/a-dog-that-seems-to-know-when-his-owner-is-coming-home-videotaped-experiments-and-observations
>>
>>17541005
Jerk off your friend faggit.
>>
>be me yesterday
>dreams that I go into a weed shop and buy 3 packets of blue rizlas
>???
>friend turns up later
>"ive got you something"
>its a multi-pack of blue rizlas
>opens packet
>its 3 packets of blue rizlas

I literally laughed for 20 minutes. There's no fucking way is that just coincidence.
>>
>>17541005
I've had plenty of occasions where things like that have happened. Aviator/scientist John Dunne wrote a great book called An Experiment with Time that touches on the answer to this phenomena imo.

He played around with OBE and dream significance, finding that on several occasions he could foresee an event happening (from a friend stopping by to a ship sinking). These visions were rationalized as blips in consciousness where awareness spreads beyond 4D reality. The fourth dimension of time, gives all matter a domain to grow, interact, and decay. Outside the dimension of time, every variation of chance and possible outcomes exists, happening all at once in 5D.

The experience of foretelling is caused by some quantum sized phenomena that juts your brains electrical impulses into a higher frequency, accessing that 5D realm of everything happening at once and seeing the next step ahead in your respective timeline
>>
>>17541005
Are you flesh and bones? Consciousness has no form.
>>
>>17541005
>friend
fake n gay
>>
File: 1457922003534.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
1457922003534.gif
2 MB, 400x332
Here's an experience OP that I think fits this.

A few years ago I was dating this girl that I was incredibly close with. We always could finish each other's sentences and share the same thoughts at the same time. However, the weird part is that we could sense if the other was in danger of hurt even if we were miles apart.

>In work one day while she is off travelling with her family like 300 miles away.
>Suddenly get this sharp pain in the back of my head for no reason and it's immediately followed with worried thought of her.
>Run to bathroom to text her and ask if she's okay.
>She says she got hurt, just had the trunk of the car hit her on the back of the head.

It was pretty weird. I always chalked it up to how in tune we were with each other.

>Mfw those days are long gone now
>>
When I was 14 y/o my mother had a dream that the school called to tell her that I broke my leg and the next week that event played out.

Also, years ago, there was a guy I was bonded tightly with. I could tell when he was going to text me "hey" seconds before my phone buzzed. A lot between us has happened since then and I've seemed to have lost the ability, but it was fun for a few months.
>>
>>17541005
I've been doing that shit since I was a kid.

Don't think, believe. Then go to a grander scale.
>>
synchronicity, your daily reminder of the Earth being a simulation
>>
>>17541005
>OP
>Having friends
Nice try 0/10
>>
I absolutely hate synchronicity.

Last year on here there was a thread where some anon's had created a 'sigil' as they called it, it was a random drawing on some paper in the OP. Apparently people who kept it on themselves started to experience the same syncs, etc. I set it as my phone background, ever since then syncs have been happening to me, even after i got rid of the sigil from my phone six months ago.

The most common one is that whenever I seem to look at the time its 11:11 or 13:13, stuff like that. It's gotten to the point where I got my friend in on it, and it happens to both of us.

I try to keep thinking logical about most of it being coencidences, and the fact that it's in my head because I see something and make the connection that it's a sync.

But when it comes to a point where I say a quote from a video that I haven't seen for years, proceeding to show my girlfriend that video because she had never seen it. 12 hours later at work a person who I know by face but not name walks past me, and says the exact same quote to his friend, who also doesn't understand it. Fuck that man.

It's not at the point where it ruins my life, but it's there in my head and I think i'll notice the stupid little things forever now, coincedence or not. Just a heads up incase anybody is looking in to it, it does stick with you.
>>
File: 1453799787846.jpg (184 KB, 460x676) Image search: [Google]
1453799787846.jpg
184 KB, 460x676
>>17541845
This.

Except it's got a lot better since I became a better Christian.
>>
>>17541005

It's an illusion. Same happens to me now and again too, even moreso -- sometimes I'll foresee or hear a song or show in my minds eye randomly and later in the day come across those things.

I think it has to do with conditioning, but on a very large and cosmic scale. It's more of your brain becoming attuned to certain patterns and stimulus, and learning how to respond and expect things. It seems magical because it doesn't seem to have any causality, it just happens, but in reality, there's a myriad of variables and cues that make it maybe not any less strange, but just a part of a series of similar occurrences happening across the planet. The numbers of people and people amid communication are so high and dense, that there is actually is a pretty high possibility of predicting these things sometimes, it just seems out of our league because of scale. Communication really is everything, and here, it's not any less powerful.
>>
File: when you seen some shit.gif (2 MB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
when you seen some shit.gif
2 MB, 500x222
>>17541005
>Kid
>Back in the day when mobile phones where something that bank people and wall street brokers owned
>call friend
>beep beep beep occupado
>call again
>lines is still taken
>Give up
>Friend calls 5 minute later
>I tried to call you earlier but the line was taken
>What? Like 5 minutes ago?
>yes
>mfw
TL;DR
Called each on the exact same time so we both got the line taken signal.

Stuff like this happened several time. Some times i would go to the phone to call him and it would ring and it would be the friend calling.

And other stuff. So yeah, this shit is real.
>>
>>17541199
so what your saying she is more in tune with chads cock now ?
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 1159x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 1159x414
>>17541199

>sharing the same thoughts as a woman
>women being able to finish your sentences

You must me one stupid motherfucker to level intellectually with any woman
>>
>>17543988
Is that the Indian train baby
>>
Just yesterday I had taken LSD and had a telepathic experience.
>Show up to park
>Swings
>Swinging really high, glowing in immense energy and happiness
>Intense feeling of rebirth strikes me
>Tripsitter who I had taken with me says he see's that I'm being born again
Several telepathic moments happened throughout my trip.
>>
>>17541005
I'm not saying paranormal phenomena don't exist, but the explanation here may be trivial. This experience may be related to déjà vu. See http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/whoami/findoutmore/yourbrain/whyisyourmemorysoimportant/whatisdejavu/whatcausesdejavu
>>
Was eating dinner with a friend recently, finished dinner and went to throw the scraps in the bin outside. I jokingly say to my friend "time to feed the raccoons" I open the door and there's a freaking raccoon staring at me. First time I've ever seen one, found it pretty odd considering what I said 10 seconds prior. Strange little things like this happen to me all the time idk why
>>
>>17541005
I'm married to a psychic telepath and the shit is awesome
Imagine not even having to ask to get your dick sucked
>>
>>17546583
>>17546596
But in any case, for a paranormal explanation I could point to this book:
http://questbooks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=571&search=waking+dream&description=true&category_id=59&sub_category=true

The .pdf is $14. One of these days I'm going to buy it, just lurk on >>>/x/omg until I get it.
>>
>>17541005
The name of this phenomenon is "synchronicity", so, use that to look for reference on it.
>>
>mfw I just came here to make a thread on The Law of Attraction
>>
Have you ever read Ophiel's booklet about creative visualization and attracting what you want? It's a pretty interesting read and lays down some rules and laws that definitely help with successfully attracting thing.
>>
Where does one read up on this?
>>
>be me but many years ago
>daydreaming at school about that episode when SpongeBob has a bubble friend
>arrive home, bubble buddy airs
>daydreaming about that episode when Jimmy's pants attack the city and everyone is on their underwear
>said episode gets aired
>daydreaming about that episode when the ppg get addicted to candy
>turn TV on, ppg is on and yes that episode is airing
>this happens multiple times
>Dad I got powers!
>ftfy it's just a coincidence
>fast forward to last week
>I remember that van helsing movie starring wolverine
>turn TV, starts zapping, batteries die, get up to change channels like some kind of feral beast
>as I reach the channel+ button Van Helsing starts

I still believe it's just a coincidence, maybe it's not
>>
>>17541012
Demonstrate it under controlled conditions to James Randy and you'll get a million dollars.
>>
>>17541012
>I have definitive proof, but I'm not going to share it because science is dumb
>>
>be me years back
>probably didn't even go to school yet
>had a dream that I was watching a serie of "Uncle Spy" at the living room, something like that
>woke up
>I'm alone in the room, can hear the tv on going in the living room
>run to that room
>sit down on the ground near my brother
>it was the same serie showing of "Uncle Spy", the exact same place

Had similar situations.
Heard a few things similar things from my friends as well.
>>
>>17541186
My sides.
>>
>>17541113
This smells like deja-vu ratherly.
>>
>>17541005
While I'm not necessarily completely discarding the notion, you have to think in statistics and psychology.

Think about it, how often do you think of certain things which are then not followed up in a way. This probably happens a lot of times, but as there's nothing special about it, you tend to forget them. A good example that I can conjure right now is when you bump into some kind of word you never heard before, and all of a sudden it appears you see it or hear it more oftenly. It's just that your mind pays more attention to it.

Also, something might have been the backdrop of the situation you're describing. Imagine you both saw something on for instance Facebook or even the television that triggered a memory for you both of eachother. You both think of eachother, he throws you a call and you think "wow".

I'm just saying that you have to be careful by trying to reason this occasion since there are a lot of variates that could have influenced it and furthermore there's just a matter of statistics.
>>
>start playing Minecraft
South Park makes an episode about it

>start playing Clash of Clans

>explain to friend how butter would be better than bread for weight loss

>start joking about Yaoi

South Park confirmed for using me for material. (Honestly I'm doing a shit job)
>>
>>17549844
Naaaahhh bro

its like you specifically conciously think about something and it happens>>17549844
>>
>>17541005

You befriend people that are in some ways similar to you. The possibility exists that their brain and yours are sometimes kind of in the same general direction when it comes to thinking of stuff, after all you are a bit similar.

More of a coincidence, but one caused by you two being alike eachother.
>>
>>17550012
>I don't like your answer so I'm going to ignore your points
>>
>>17541005

were all connected...
>>
>>17552675
"The little space within the heart is as great as this vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon, and the stars; fire and lightning and winds are there; and all that now is and all that is not."
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 470x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 470x495
>>17541005

Quantum-entangled brains, IMO.
>>
Many times, usually went like this.

>wake up extremely tired
>in that half awake/half asleep numbness
>I would hear the persons voice and be fully awake
>within 5-10mins they'd be at my door.

Usually happens when relatives/family/friends drop in without telling me.
>>
>>17541112
Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 2048x1244) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 2048x1244
>>17541005
The same thing though on a really more trivial level I constantly experience is listening to music and literally predicting what song comes next while on shuffle.

Im dead serious I can accurately predict every single song coming next, does anyone else feel this?

Once or twice would have been neglectable, but all the time for several years? I can't be the only one.

(Ps I have 300+ tracks on playlist dating back to 2006)
>>
File: jean2.jpg (111 KB, 371x475) Image search: [Google]
jean2.jpg
111 KB, 371x475
>>17553791
I am surprised professor x hasn't asked you to join the x-men yet
>>
>>17553798
You're a witty one.

Here is your (you)
>>
>>17553791
Ya though it only happens when I'm really jamming to the song.
As its ending the music just starts playing in my mind then suddenly its the next track playing off my deck..

I simply label my experiences as coincidences that just keep repeating.
However if you can actually guess at all the songs with 100% accuracy all the time, then I'm intrigued.

Do you hear the songs? or do you just predict the names of them?
>>
>>17553895
At the very tail end of the song I listen to I first hear the next song and then the name comes to me, so if anything I suppose I don't actually "guess" what song it is I sort of know beforehand.

It is really weird, if I dont think about it the song comes on without me "hearing" it. Only when I focus on predicting does it come to me, which makes it all sound like mind control or some other marvel-tier weirdness.

Explaination is a tad messy I know, don't know how else to describe it.
>>
>>17553791
not all shuffle programs are random. You're probably using a shuffle program that repeats for some reason (like it takes it's random seed from the time you've had the program running or has weighted selections)
>>
>>17547490
James Randi's million dollar challenge was bullshit. You had to get a p value under .1, which would have been impossible to get even is you used mundane methods.
>>
When I think about someone I haven't talked to in forever, I usually get the news that they died later on that day.
>>
>long penis
>get erect
>kidding
>I'm 4
>still kidding
>mfw
>depressed
>>
>>17553969
was about to suggest this explanation also.
"shuffle" or "random" isnt random at all... its amazing how well the subconscious can perform sometimes, its probable to memorize patterns ... you might have a great memory
>>
>>17549858
that Yaoi episode was hilarious, thanx bro
>>
>>17541005
You might want to look up Rupert Sheldrake. He's done quite a bit of research on this exact phenomenon.
>>
>>17541012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no85PcJ1-B8
Rupert Sheldrake is researching "vision waves". It's an interesting theory
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.