[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shamanism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x240
How exactly do I know if I am a shaman? I believe that I possibly may be, but I'm not sure.
>>
File: O6vxMxYg.png (111 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
O6vxMxYg.png
111 KB, 680x383
>>17540088
Op... You're not a fucking shaman.
>>
>>17540106
Why is that
>>
Well if you can trip naturally without the help of drugs, if spirits talk to you, if you can see through the veil of this reality, if you can loose your mind completely loosing yourself in complicated rituals dictated to you by the divine, if you get caught doing crazy shit and get forced on to medication in a locked up mental ward, then, maybe, you are a shaman indeed.

But if you experienced it, this mind boggling worldview shattering experience, this divine drama playing out so vividly robbing you of all your former conceptions about reality and this world we live in, then you would know it.

There's pros and cons to this too, you will never be able to hold a job or live a normal life, but for this you are granted insights into this reality and beyond, normal people can't even dream of ever having.
>>
>>17540133
That's really interesting, I can check down all of these, just not the ritualistic one. Mostly because I haven't tried any type of ritual. Thank you very much for this information. My dilemma is starting to make a lot more sense now.

If I was a shaman, how should I start?
>>
>>17540147
>If I was a shaman, how should I start?
In old times, shamans were the ones creating religion, the spiritual leaders. They were at top of the tribal hierarchy and would influence the whole tribe with their decisions. This has changed now, and people like as are often looked down upon by other people, calling us crazy or worse.

Realize that you have to find your own path. Listen only to yourself and your own judgment, and to the divine, but not to other peoples words.

I think it would be nice to get together with other shamans, to form a new kind of religion based on our otherworldly experiences, then again religion tends to go wrong awfully fast, no matter how good it is in it's core, it will always get corrupted by people misinterpreting it, dragging in down in the mud, so I'm not sure if this is the right path to take.

I'm still wondering what I should do with my life, how I can serve this world the best. I write my experiences down and try to make sense of it, but it's hard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTVvqTk9lU I like terrence McKennas take on this whole subject, but I wouldn't just blindly follow his words neither. In the end being a shaman is being a leader of spirituality, and you have to find your own path.. but bringing true religion and true insights into this awfully secular society is hard. So I can't really help you neither, I'm still looking for a good way to go about this myself.
>>
>>17540177
You're a shaman too?

And also it's interesting that you mentioned religion creation. I was thinking about starting a religion based on psychedelic experiences and philosophies. But if I did, I would make it more than a thought process than a religion. I don't think man should ever tell a man what and what not to believe, and that everything should find the answers themselves.
>>
>>17540186
>You're a shaman too?
I don't call myself that, but I can't deny that the shoe fits.

>I don't think man should ever tell a man what and what not to believe, and that everything should find the answers themselves.
I think so too. Even my closest friends only know that I had several psychosis or breaks from this reality, but I don't talk too much about the spiritual implications of it. They are pretty much all atheists, and I don't feel there's a point in converting them to believers, or to even try to force my worldview into their lives. I try to gently guide them and sometimes mention that there's the possibility of much more to this world than they think, try to get them to be more curious about things, more philosophical, but I'm not ramming my believes down their throats.

I sometimes think it would be nice to have a forum dedicated to exactly this kind of discussion, where like minded shamans could meet and talk about these kind of things, maybe we could find some common ground this way, formulating our experiences and philosophies and figuring out what to do with this knowledge..
>>
>>17540207
I honestly do think spiritual people like us could bring peace to the world if we put our information together.

I also have a question; what is shamanism to you? Is it the ability to cure and contact with spirits or is it being connected with the universe? After doing research it just seems like there is no definitive answer.

I just finished that video too, I found it pretty interesting, I just wouldn't relate any of my psychotic experiences to being anywhere near spiritual. The medication I take for my psychotic bipolar has made me a much happier person.
>>
>>17540216
As said, I don't listen to terence mckenna, I like my medication too, but it's an interesting take on things imho nonetheless.

I always experienced my psychosis as a deep spiritual experience, still a very overwhelming and exhausting, sometimes even life threatening one.

So I happily take my medication and stay on them, but I also still have my memories to these exciting times, and part of me wants to experience it again and again, but I decided long ago to try my best not to get psychotic again.

I think shamanism it both, being connected with the universe and the ability to contact spirits and more. But in the end it's only a label we put on ourselves, there's no real definition of that label either. We are just ordinary humans with extraordinary experiences in my mind. That's probably why I don't call myself a shaman, I'm just me, trying to figure out what to do with this life. Maybe shamanism today is just that, a strive for the divine, for the otherworldly, trying to learn more about this reality and the life we live in, and helping your fellow humans as best as you can.
>>
>>17540236
I appreciate your humbleness.
Anyways, thank you for taking your time, I think I have the information I need now.
>>
How do I become a shaman?
>>
ITT: schizotypal people claim to be magical.
>>
>>17540773
You learn everything, and really get fond of fractals. Did you know that psychology is fractal?

Did you know that we are all literally the same artwork?
>>
All shamans in the world killed themselves ages ago
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.