[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So on the new show deadly possessions aired tonight and some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_np3uykMpLj1qfbxrmo1_400.gif (345 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np3uykMpLj1qfbxrmo1_400.gif
345 KB, 340x270
So on the new show deadly possessions aired tonight and some guy named kevin came on to talk about the dibbyk box, I transcribed as much of the story he mumbled after opening it as I could and spent a while trying to find the source. Nothing came up, if somebody could help or at least fill in some blanks I'd appreciate it.

>light from the hallway creeped into my room long the shadowman too i assume
>never before had I seen such a form that could change the (capris?) flame that exists on
>light as a monkey crept in on his knees and he perched on the edge of my bed if you please
(inaudible)
>...rest to begin
>I would hear in the darkness till you cross asleep then I come to your dreams with a promise to keep
(cut?)
>In the night time till morning I will torment your soul
(inaudible over joshes reaction' again)
>...started to tremble I covered my head...
(inaudible)
>...deep in my cloth peeled out with delight
>Id just about fell asleep when it started
>It began when I felt something under the bed come out ...
(inaudible)
>as the stench of the shadowmans breath filled the air
>and the silence was broken one inch from my ear
>as the shadowman whispered my boy "I'm right here"
>>
>>17539833

I strruggled with that "capris" part pretty badly, I thought he was saying "cappers" but I am pretty sure "Capri" is an old word related to goat (because capricorn) so I left it as that in my transcription of it.
>>
"Light from the hallway crept into my room, along with the shadow that, too, I assume. Never before had I seen such a form that could change the candle's flame that ? the storm. Light as a monkey ? on his knees and he perched on the edge of my bed if you please.
>>
and it sounds like Poe or related spooky verse. Also, the guy was just whistling nervously, he wasn't speaking in tongues. Seemed very rehearsed to me.
>>
Link to video:
https://openload.co/f/ZPF1kOoIAns/Deadly.Possessions.S01E01.Robert.the.Doll.and.the.Dibbuk.Box.HDTV.x264-SPASM.mp4
>>
... I can't find anything in a Google search either....but like I mentioned, it sounds like Pienor even Rudyard Kipling who wrote a lot of haunted verse. If he penned all that himself he should be published and quite wealthy.
>>
>>17539995

I know, but I don't think the writers of the show are that good, and again no reference anywhere so i think it might have been original-ish

>>17540010
Thanks! for anyone who watches it, the scene starts at 14:00
>>
>>17539778

>never before had I seen such a form that could change the candles flame licks in a storm

got it
>>
OP here, the guy is a writer which would explain everything. I do like the video though it's a pretty cool sounding thing that he did.
>>
http://www.broadjam.com/kevinmannis
I KNEW it was hype/rehearsed.
Marketing marketing marketing.

Hype sells the show, his appearance sells his own material, endless marketing loop.
>>
>>17540155
you are awesome how did you find that?
>>
No17450155 I totally agree. It's staged. You could say from the beginning, because he answered his own questions in the "interviews" with the former holders of the box. I can't find the poem, but, on the other hand, great recitation!
>>
here's a link to kevin's spoken word...the shadow man part 1...
http://www.broadjam.com/artists/songs.php?artistID=86164&mediaID=565044
>>
I listened to the poetry reading track, it sounds like it would if someone put Anthony Hopkins, Poe, and Dr. Seuse in a blender, and this is what would pour out. Staged scene but a good piece of writing!
>>
Great find on the poem reading...I do think though, that they do not try to hide his name or his link to this poem? Maybe the poem was created from the box and this recitation came from it? It could be possible no?
>>
Light from the hallway creep into my room along with the shadowman too I assume
Never before had I seen such a form that could change the flame that licks in a storm
Light as a monkey creep in on his knees and he perched on the edge of the bed if you please
A new thresh were to begin
I wait here in the darkness till you fall asleep and I come to your dreams with a promise to keep
In the night time till morning I will torment your soul
I began to tremble I covered my head...
...deep in my cloth peeled out with delight I'd just about fell asleep when it started
It began when I felt something under my bed come out...
...as the stench of the shadowman breath filled the air and the silence was broken one inchoice from my ear as the shadowman whispered "my boy I'm right here"
>>
Inchoice is inch
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.