[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about corn/crop fields that make them so damn unnerving?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
What is it about corn/crop fields that make them so damn unnerving?
>>
>>17537379
Places for fearful things to hide under
>>
>>17537379
You fear the scarecrow is like Harold and will turn you into a skin suit.
>>
For me corn fields are really comforting but that's why I like the idea of them being scary. Good horror takes things people find innocent and comforting like children and dolls, and makes them scary
>>
File: windmill.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
windmill.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
i find windmill fields unnerving, we have them scattered throughout oklahoma and they just seem off with how large the fins are (pic related, saw these on a trip to weatherford)
>>
File: corn-smut.jpg (744 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
corn-smut.jpg
744 KB, 2816x2112
>>17537379
I don't think they're unnerving at all - I love crop fields! All of that food, just waiting to be grabbed up by whoever has a container!

That said, opening up ears of fresh corn only to find pic related under the leaves has made it so that the act of harvesting is somewhat of a jimmy rustler.
>>
Because retards tend to find a lot of things scary.
>>
>>17537388
Children are not comforting.
>>
The risk of being sprayed with cancerogenous roundup from a low flying crop duster.
>>
>>17537379
isolation
>>
File: dawnpowerlines.jpg (332 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
dawnpowerlines.jpg
332 KB, 1024x680
I personally find these of any kind scary, there's just something about it.
>>
an endless sea of carbohydrates, poised to stymie your gains.
>>
File: dogswithjobs.png (262 KB, 542x512) Image search: [Google]
dogswithjobs.png
262 KB, 542x512
They're common in horror/thriller movie chase scenes, so just by this association they're unnerving. A huge swath of land to run through with zero chance of finding help. You can't hide anywhere. All you can do is run until whatever is chasing you catches up. If the stalks are tall, then there's the added scare factor of your pursuer popping up in front of you unexpectedly. Similar to hedge mazes. Those are scary for the same reasons.
Plus, fucking scarecrows.
>>
>>17537379
It's and endless sea of crops with the horizon offset only by a humanoid stuffed doll that's effectively keeping all of the other organisms that could be anywhere around there away.
>>17537400
As noble as wind turbines are in purpose I can't help but think they are hiding something.
>>
>>17537379
Nothing
>>
>>17537384
Dude I remember this book. This story especially spooked me because i was like 6
>>
>>17537379
Grow a pair retard.
>>
>>17537587
LOL SICK BURN. You sure showed these faggots xDD
>>
>>17537379

Monsanto.
>>
File: f_0779.jpg (149 KB, 967x463) Image search: [Google]
f_0779.jpg
149 KB, 967x463
>>17537379
They can be quite comforting, anon. Try seeing them as a symbol of rebirth.
>>
>>17541137
Your autism is showing. You should probably hide it.
>>
>>17537400
For some reason, they remind me of the tripods from "The War of the Worlds".
>>
>>17541359

Now that's just rude.
>>
>>17537400
I used to hang these all over the country, even did the ones close to Guymon(sp?) Oklahoma where the Texas, and Oklahoma panhandles meet.

In the Midwest we also put most of them up in cornfields incidentally.
>>
>>17541359
rude
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.