[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just watched this movie, scariest movie ive seen in quiet some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: VHS.jpg (136 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
VHS.jpg
136 KB, 720x1080
just watched this movie, scariest movie ive seen in quiet some time. anyone got anything scarier?

Blair witch project / Serbian Film / all gay hollywood popup scare movies done. anyone have a set?
>>
>>17536702
Heads up anon, these threads just turn into people arguing about It Follows, The Babadook and The Wit h
>>
>>17536710
The babadook downloadin it now, looks like some next level shit thanks
>>
I thought it was good, its hard to pull off the horror genre these days, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Don't watch the sequel
>>
Be careful with 10 Cloverfi
>>
Well Sinister is good or Insidious eventhough it´s this new school type of horror
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x333
>>17536702
Awesome movie wish there where more like it.
>>
>>17536730

The Babadook isn't scary in the traditional sense, but is a fantastic psychological horror film imo.
>>
Noroi, nigga
>>
Lake Mungo
>>
>>17536702
There's a second one
>>
Noroi or Lake Mungo bro ;)
>>
>>17536980
Satire
>>
Not unheard of anymore and not really terrifying, but John Carpenter's The Thing is fantastic imo. Great imagery throughout.
>>
>>17536702
Still here, nigga? Try "Pontypool". Comfy AF.
>>
>>17536730
>downloading babadook
op you dun fucked up
>>
>>17536763
>>17536953
2 was good
3 was next gen levels of shit
>>
The Conjuring, about one of the actual cases the Lorraines have investigated, enjoyed it a lot. From the less traditional approach I can definitely get behind the Lake Mungo suggestion, also the Babadook (psychological thriller / horror with the female director's goal of making a horror movie with not a single jumpscare in it), the Oculus and the super overlooked horrors Case 39 and Session 9 (no relation)
>>
>>17536702
2nd one is good. Never made it all the way through viral. As awful as it sounds found footage is almost the only horror genre that can spook me anymore. I know most hate it, but the semi realism in it is better for me. Netflix has a handful of good ones. Amazon has some diamonds in the rough, but most are really shit.
>>
Some movie films you might like:

Insidious
The Descent
The Conjuring
Drag Me To Hell
Evil Dead 2013
[REC]
The Collector
As Above So Below
Clown
The Houses October Built
Last House on the Left 2009
The Pact
Grave Encounters (don't watch the second one though wow thats bad)
Chernobyl Diaries
The Tunnel
You're Next
Red State
Eden Lake
The Mist
The Hills Have Eyes 2006
Feast
Jeepers Creepers

That's probably enough.
>>
mr jones

never see it recommended, but its brilliant
>>
Absentia's a good one that doesn't reveal a whole lot but is vaguely lovecraftian and pretty disturbing
>>
>>17536710
>>17536730
babacuck and it follows were shit. watch as above so below.
>>17536811
if by "new school" you mean preschool, since thats what itd take to be scared by it.
>>
120 days of sodom
>>
>>17536702
watch VHS 2

Do NOT watch VHS Viral

The worst part is you'd have one good movie cobbled together from 2 of them at about 2.5 hours

>Succubus
>Haunted House
>POV Zombie
>Malaysian Cult
>Ayy Lmao Fetus
>POV Poltergeist
>Forest Killer(the glitch killer one)
>>
>>17538435
>Drag Me To Hell

I don't understand why people think this is a scary movie. I found it more stupid-funny than anything.
>>
>>17539114

It's a Sam Raimi film, who said it was supposed to scare you?
>>
>>17536702
>Blair Witch Project
>Scary
>>
>>17539101
i actually thought VHS viral was better than people give it credit for, though it's not spectacular by any means but I am very VERY picky and I thought that it was worth the time it took to watch
>>
>>17537957
3 was mostly shit, but the parallel universe episode was good
>>
>>17538435
>Clown
Honestly boring as shit, expected good things was disappointed
>The Collector
Mein neggar. They need to make a third
>Last House on the Left 2009
Fucked up and good, the bathroom scene was my fave
>Chernobyl Diaries
Shit. Just don't
>You're Next
Excellent. Had a The Strangers vibe to it and had a nice twist.
>The Mist, hate it only because I read it and they fucked with the ending.
>The Hills Have Eyes 2006
Not really horror, more thriller gore. Still fucking amazing.
>>
Anyone got some good mystery documentaries? Not into horror so much as some good mystery.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.