[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cults.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20130314_150952.jpg (924 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130314_150952.jpg
924 KB, 3264x2448
Anyone here ever been in/had experience with a cult/cults?
>>
>>17527787
Joined OTO for a bit hoping to grow through rituals but most of the members were autismo nerds like /x/ so didn't learn anything I didn't know
>>
there's so many cult threads up why couldn't you just go to one of those?
>>
>>17527793
where do you find places to join cults?

>tfw want to join but cant find anybody to take it seriously with except for hipsters who play with tarot cards and drink pabst blue ribbon.
>>
>>17527800
There are chapters all over America so maybe not the same definition of cult you are thinking of cause it's rather large, but they follow the word of aleister Crowley. Search on religious/occult forums that aren't /x/
>>
File: whitespider88#0-1-0-42.png (70 KB, 800x424) Image search: [Google]
whitespider88#0-1-0-42.png
70 KB, 800x424
>>
>>17527821
could you name a few forums you might know of pls I'm a little lost
>>
I haven't, but my dad told me about an odd experience he had when he was in his 30s

>He went camping with his older brother and a couple friends
> they we're about to hit the hay when they heard something like chanting
> they're kinda freaked out, but also curious
> my uncle grabs his gun just in case
> they make their way towards the chanting
> eventually come to a big field with tall grass
> the chanting is extremely loud now
> they're all getting really freaked out now
> they come to a clearing
> In the middle in huge bonfire
> people in black robes circling it
> they don't know what the language the chant it in
>they're all scared as fuck now
>they start running all they back to the camp sight
>on guard for the rest of the night
>>
>>17527787
YES.

>Rainbow Family
>Underground Church
>Covens
>Military Intelligence circles (they're very occultic in operating principles)
>>
sometimes i feel incredibly tempted to find a cult to join, but in reality i'm too picky about what i'd want in a cult to ever find one suitable for me. i might join the iww though
>>
>>17527787
Yes, I've been involved with several.

You have more fun as a follower but you make more money as a leader.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>17530369
>>
>>17527787
Anyone have the greentext with the cult in the woods and the guys with the guns and the pickups?
>>
>tfw want to experience a cult but too scared to get into one in case I actually start believing all that shit and lose who I am and become a strung along follower to some guy with an ego issue.
>>
Here's a story for you guys;

>exploring sacred sites in Georgia
>at Ocmulgee Mounds, looking at the downtown area from the top
>approached by an eccentric black guy with an Ankh necklace, crystals all over him, and a bunch of crescent moons and stars of Davis
>talk about spirituality, seem pretty cool, he has 3 women who look brainwashed with him, like Manson-tier hippie chicks
>progressively gets crazier, tells me he can capture my soul on his cellphone camera (it's just lens flare)
>try to move out of there, but they're blocking the main entrance path and I don't want to be rude and barge through them
>stand barefoot in a prayer circle, he tells me my soul is made of ions, speaking in the voice that the Terminator has in South Park ("I must get the trapor keepor") whenever he talks about shit
>all his crazy theories come from word play; X sounds like Y which must mean they're connected, even though they have completely different etymologies
>tell me they'll find me, somehow know my name
>we part ways, I tell them I'm going the opposite direction as them but wish them the best
>hide in the woods for an hour

Nutjobs, man. Praying on a burial mound.
>>
idk how to green text but one time i took shrooms with 2 other people, we go to beach at like two am am we walk on beach and see flashlights behind us
so we feel like people are scouting beach
we run up on dunes and hide then stealth over to a vantage point and look down on atleast 30 people all inblack cloaks yelling and chanting devilish language and holding people down.
they then begin to all havedifferent colored lights shining from what seemsto be just their hands and not electronics. next thing we know they are just gone. thats the short version
>>
>teenage runaway
>atheist
>placed in christian halfway house
>time ran out and then placed with born-again family

I had to go to church in order to eat anything on Wednesdays and Sundays. I "fasted" and only ate one meal a day so the other kids could get my abysmal school lunch vouchers. I stole milk for the youngest child from the convenience store, and stocked up on free food when I could get my hands on it. I was beaten for being an excellent student and taken out of my accelerated programs because I was "trying too hard and not focusing on God."

The scary part of it is I actually bought into it for a while. I was a teenager, yes, but had never had any religious training at all. How the fuck I could have honestly bought into this and not been faking (and i did fake for a long time) I don't know. It's sad and that alone prevented me from having any faith in anything for a very long time.

They were anti-intellectual legalists who liked to say in retrospect that people were possessed by the devil when things didn't go their way. They were desperately poor white trash, and it has taken a very long time but I no longer hate them for what they did to me, but harming my cat (not fatally but still) their God will have to deal with them about this.

I still can't stand Christians, but I have started to have faith in a god of sorts, which is more than I had ever thought.

protip: run away if you have to, just stay away from the evangelicals and stick with the catholics
>>
>>17530494
Don't confusing people who say their christians with real christains, Bad people don't have a connection with christ, Even when they say they do.
>>
>>17530504
Google the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.
>>
>>17527849
eight chan /fringe/ is a good start to ask. They are not too much users, but they are really into paranormal/magic/occult things. Not like /x/, that are a bunch of shitposting or roleplaying teens.
>>
>>17530504

Like the other anon said, learn about this fallacy. It will help clarify your thinking and you may find that you like looking at things logically.

They identified themselves as Christian, went to church services at least three times a week, prayed daily, listened to mainstream Christian radio, read the bible constantly, had concordances and other supporting literature, and practiced what they believed to be Christian teachings. Including the belt for transgressions and exorcisms for demon possession, as well as speaking in tongues and identification of demons.

If they weren't Christian, then what were they? "Real" Christians used to burn girls at the stake too. Where does the relativism stop?
>>
>>17530376
Why? It's retarded.
>>
I’ve been involved in a number of cults both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower but you make more money as a leader.
>>
>>17527821
Just a warning:

Aleister Crowley was super gay so if you don't like butt stuff you shouldn't participate in his higher teachings. The stuff at the lower levels is pretty chill though (probably so they can attract a larger number of butt buddies).
>>
>>17528041
>Military Intelligence circles (they're very occultic in operating principles)
Could you elaborate please? In what way? How did you get involved with these groups?
>>
>>17530648
Tell that to the #notallmuslim faggots.
>>
>>17530443
where was this beach? I live in New Jersey and found something strange on an atlantic city beach before
>>
>>17530402
Sounds like nuwaubians. Those guys are pretty crazy.
>>
I've always found cults so fascinating. I want to create a band influenced by Heaven's Gate, but it being a Parody of cults that pretends to be real. But I don't want to be accused off "ripping off" the band Ghost...
>>
>>17531928
Children naturally think in very black and white, simple ways. "Since some X are bad, all X are bad." That overly simple type of thinking usually persists in a person right up until the moment X is a group they themselves belong to. Then it becomes "not all X!" Some men steal cars. Some men even do it over and over again. Does that mean that men in general are all car thieves?
Every group has some bad apples in it - every single one, no exception. It's a mark of mental maturity to understand this, expect it, and account for it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.