[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meme-magic Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: thoughtform.jpg (58 KB, 640x309) Image search: [Google]
thoughtform.jpg
58 KB, 640x309
/pol/ here and I'm curious of /x/'s thoughts on meme-magic. /pol/ has some pretty incredible, and at times scary, results when it comes to meme-magic.

Obviously to most of /pol/, it's just one big joke, but I'm seriously starting to think that changes in the universe can manifest just from a group of people thinking about it. I've been around /pol/ for a quite a while and from the whole Ebola-chan crap to the rising of Donald Trump, I'm really starting to question how much of a joke meme-magic really is.

Do you guys think it is possible to affect the universe around us simply by thinking about it, or has it all just been one coincidence after another, because I'm honestly not so sure anymore.
>>
meme magic is very real, and /pol/ has literally zero (0) control over it
>>
>>17517255
I'm pretty sure that's like, exactly how magic works bruh.
>>
More people browse /pol/ than they think, there's several researchs on collective unconscious, Carl jung for example, it works as any trend works by tapping into the collective discusion, I guess.

I fucking love it and want to research it, but I don't want Trump to win.
>>
>>17517255
>Do you guys think it is possible to affect the universe around us simply by thinking about it, or has it all just been one coincidence after another, because I'm honestly not so sure anymore.

Short answer, yes. But that should be common sense
>>
>>17517255
Meme magic is a misunderstanding of the phenomenon!

It's not that they're influencing the future of the world by thinking about it, it's that the future of the world is influencing their thoughts.

Future events can express themselves through dreams, so why not through memes?

It's not meme magic, it's memegnostication..... memeaugury... predictamemes...
OK I came up with a bangin' theory, you guys come up with a good name
>>
>>17517274
Why wouldnt you want Trump to win?
Dont tell me you support Hillary.
>inb4 other candidate
Personally I would have went for Mcafee but it looks like its just gonna be Trump versus Hillary and I dont want to throw my vote away when Hillary may win.
Its another lesser of two evils election.
>>
>>17517255
Another /pol/ack here
/pol/ is always right, and since /pol/ isnt a single person, when there is an agreement and we work towards a single unified end memes can become dreams.
>>
>>17517255
Why do you think prayer works? It's because we are all connected via a "web" through our collective consciousness and subconscious. When you get enough people all putting their energy/thought/mind to one idea or thought then the universe responds that's why the whole "speak it to existence" thing has a truth to it, same with "careful what you wish for." The universe, as well as humanity as a whole are all connected every living thing is on the same grid.. There are those who choose to disconnect themselves from this "grid", but that's a different discussion.. We as humans have the power to change destiny/our future by tapping into this collective conscious, and getting as many people focusing on the idea as possible. It's very real.
>>
>>17517416
Anyways, if anyone agrees or disagree w/ my view let me know what you think..
>>
File: 1458448077769.png (526 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
1458448077769.png
526 KB, 600x467
>>17517265
>/pol/ has zero control over meme magic
>number of ebola cases in africa during the outbreak startlingly close to number of times Ebola-chan was posted on /pol/

Also, on the subject of meme magic, pic related is one of the newest examples of its manefestation
>>
>>17517416
Nailed it tbqh.
Considering the documented cases of prayer working, and /pol/s meme magic working in similar ways your explanation is the best.
>>
>>17517255
Ebola didn't wipe out Africa and I doubt Trump will be president, so I wouldn't take those as examples of meme magic working.
Baneposting bringing down a plane, on the other hand, was quite scary.
>>
>>17517426
read my post here >>17517389 and tell me:
how can you tell that prayer is influencing the future as opposed to the future calling out to people causing them to wish for it and pray
>>
>>17517255
i think meme magic is isolating a natural phenomenon to something really small, but yes thoughts affect reality far more than most people know.
more potent than thoughts even are beliefs and knowings. those create greater/swifter change
>>
>Been around for quite awhile
>Ebola-chan

So you've been here for a whole two years? Wow
>>
>>17517484
did /tv/ crash that plane by baneposting? or is baneposting an epiphenomenon of the fact that the plane would crash in the future?

maybe memetic magic shouldn't be analyzed as a causal system?
>>
Magick is, indeed, real.
>>
File: 1454207973678.jpg (509 KB, 1124x1136) Image search: [Google]
1454207973678.jpg
509 KB, 1124x1136
>>17517255
Kek has witnessed your post anon

PRAISE KEK!
>>
>>17517255
>and at times scary
Now you know what /x/ is like all the time.
>>
>>17517255
>Do you guys think it is possible to affect the universe around us simply by thinking about it
Yeah, I do it all the time.
>>
>>17517255
Thinking altering the Universe around you is magic.

Kek.
>>
If you're asking if directed human thoughts can altar/dictate reality to an extent, then yes, they can. The whole Ebolachan thing was a much better ritual than any shit I've seen on /x/, but those people actually have the balls the go through the whole process.

Less "memes" and more massive conscious belief in something that causes the event to occur.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.