[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Yo X, what the fuck is this? Saw it while I was out walking. This is the only pic I got of it unfortunately, but it's pretty weird. The door is padlocked and there's some kinda weird satellite lookin shit on top. Might just be a shed for a generator of some kind but the nearest residence was like 200 feet away. Figured I'd ask y'all.
>>
There's some kind of chamber or shelter at the bottom of that pipe.
>>
Cut the pad lock and have a look if caught say your pet guinea pig escaped and went under the door and you went to get him
>>
Swamp toilet with wifi.
>>
Is that a solar panel on top ?
>>
>>17506847
Probably long term water level depth probe and/or water quality instruments.
>>
>>17506866
/thread
>>
Niggers can't /x/.
>>
those panels on top reflect the sun to keep the shack from getting too warm.
>>
Water Quality monitor. Solar panel is to power electronics. Antenna is used to transmit and receive data. They usually place this in locations where it's either a pain in the ass to get to or the technicians don't want to be arsed with going and downloading the data manually.

Although, they are typically used to detect ph levels and various minerals in the water, some can be used to detect certain types of bacteria or algae.
>>
>>17506876
Thats definitely what it is, it looks like its built into a dam and everything too
>>
>>17506876

This. Weatherfag working for gov't, here.You can read some of the water level data they accumulated online.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=bgm&gage=wapp1
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv?site_no=01538000
>>
>>17507487
To confirm this, pee in it, and then go check the data
>>
>>17507502

Will do. brb. keep an eye on that hydrograph.
>>
>>17507487

How do you like your job? Weather is one of those things I've been interested in for awhile, but never really had the math skills to even consider switching majors to.
>>
>>17507579

It's good, but I prefer the atmospheric side, which is more fun and sexy. I'm on the hydro side of the biz, because that's where the opening was years ago.
The math is BS. We don't crunch numbers any more. It's all computer models.
Oddly enough, I'm leaving the weather business to be a trader on Wall St after I pass my Series exam, because I need the money. I figure if you can predict the weather, you have a good chance of predicting stocks.
>>
File: 1458452809187.gif (1 MB, 350x240) Image search: [Google]
1458452809187.gif
1 MB, 350x240
This thread is like this one time I was in an AOL chat room (late 90s) and these two decided to have a sex chat, and there were like 18 other people there watching. It sounded like it was really sizing up to be cool and all, but then the two talking started saying things like "I put my hands on your hips" and "I move forward to kiss your lips" and it was really kinda slow and not erotic at all. Finally someone said they'd rather get off on Mickey mouse than "this" and everyone left.

This thread reminds me of that time. I was all excited for this to be a werewolf cabin or something, but you guys ruined it with talking about water samples.
>>
>>17507631

Technically speaking, we have not ruled out that weather nerd is a lycanthrope.

So, we must go deeper...
>>
>>17507631
>excited for roleplay
>>
>>17507631

OK, you got me guys. It's an local mind control unit uplink to Illuminati HQ.
>>
>>17507631
kek'd out of my chair watching .gif
>>
>>17506847
OP, post coords so we can see it on Google and Bing.
>>
>>17506847

Are you in the UK, OP? Certainly looks like it.
>>
>>17506847
Are you north italian?
>>
>>17507631
Shouldn't you be in a ask a -insert paranormal creature here- anything thread?
Fucking tulpa dick sucking roleplaying derpalurp
>>
Cuck shed
>>
>>17506927
Shill.
>>
>>17506847
It's a weather station, for measuring temp, rainfall etc.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.