[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: eye.jpg (83 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
83 KB, 736x736
"The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness."

What does the bible mean by this? Is 'the eye" the Third eye talked about by spiritualists, hindus, buddhists, etc?
>>
Thoughts on blindfolded reading, mid-brain activation, etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLkzg8bFgA

Can anyone see out of their third eye or is it a trick?
>>
It is totally true that there is a sensation on the "third eye" spot while meditating. Could be psychological. Believe what you want to believe, nobody really has any proof about anything.
>>
yes, taste less death, feel more life
>>
I've always read "third eye" as the ability to "see things in your head"

You know, "imagine"

so people who are not healthy enough to imagine 3d colored pictures in their heads won't be able to induce dream states to avoid trauma during death?

A lot of it comes down to being able to shut your eyes and imagine things, and be able to imagine so well that you can be entertained by the things lol
>>
>>17502713
dude that is not what the third eye is lmao
>>
>>17502713
you are so silly with your philosophy. this has nothing to do with 3-rd eye
>>
>>17502750
how so?
>>
>>17502713

You don't imagine things with the third eye, it's not an active concious activity, images come to you on their own with the third eye.
>>
>>17502303
I opened my eye, and there you were, I opened my eye, and there you were.
>>
>>17502303
I thing the Bible was talking about the so called brown eye. If you keep it clean you are health.
>>
>>17502834
So the third eye has nothing to do with being able to create mental pictures? There are plenty of people who are unable to visualize things.
>>
>>17502892
am >>17502713

lots of experiences with older people in my family or friends who grew up around racist/sexist/homophobic people who couldn't hold images of things in their heads. Maps, sculptures, colors couldn't be represented in their brain. When someone begins teaching them hand gestures or mental tics to help visualize things, their eyes light up and this ability seems like a fucking mystery to them they act like I unlocked some shit from their brains
>>
>>17502892

Meditation causes images and whole body sensations. You can't really control what you see or feel because you are synchronising with the universal energies. you are meant to passively let the energies flow throw you mostly so that any bad vibes don't linger in your being.

All this talk of astro projection is mostly bull because your body goes into the same state as lucid dreaming. Hence why you can recall dreams easily in this state.
>>
>>17502303

butthole
>>
>>17502303
Its about psichological illumination. Read some Maurice Nicoll about Gurdjieff works, he talk of it in one book.
But of course you can disagree.
>>
>>17502303
Oh for fuck's sake. The Bible regularly refers to body parts in a singular sense, even if you have more than one of them.

"And if your hand--even your stronger hand--causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."

It's in part an issue with translation and in part just an aspect of the culture and language of the time. It's not a secret goddamned message. To be sure, the Bible is meant to be easily accessible, it's not a fucking code book you unravel.
>>
>>17503586
this. the bible was finished 100s of years ago, some stuff is bound to be lost in translation. what the passage means is, if you surround yourself by looking at sinful things, you will be influenced by them.
>>
>>17502888
Hmm so from what I saw last night your moms brown eye is very healthy ;)
>>
>>17502303
The eye is the window of the soul.
Need I say more?
>>
>>17502303
basically, yes op

if you want to correctly interpret (as in, how it was intended) the bible, read it as though it's spiritual poetry

see rumi's work for examples of spiritual poetry
>>
>>17503586
i see you're caught in the trap of directly interpreting a metaphorical text.

Interpreted directly, the bible is a guide to judgement and rules and laws

interpreted metaphorically, it is a guide to enlightenment
>>
>>17502303
The eye is the soul, the anima, that receives the Spirit of God and becomes illuminated, divinely inspired.
>>
I don't think it's referring to the third eye. I think the eye, here, means how you think the world is. Our eye, our perception, filters life and out of it we take notions of how people are, how things work. If we see that life is shit, it's shit. If you see its good, it's good. Home is what you make it. Not third eye. Because this is a statement meant for everyman, not the meditated elite.
>>
File: 640px-Runningrock.jpg (61 KB, 640x278) Image search: [Google]
640px-Runningrock.jpg
61 KB, 640x278
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P60T6KAjgo0
>>
>>17503586
Actually it is a code book you unravel, and at the same time it is also literal.

This is why Holy Scripture is Holy, and so astounding in nature.

Us Christians, we are not Jews. Sybmolism and hidden meanings have been part of Christianity since Jesus walked this Earth, and He is the author and and finisher of this faith.
>>
>>17505769
A+
>>
>>17505798
anon, myself being an anon, I am in agreement with this post

>>17505813
i am also in agreement with this post (i am not OP)
>>
>>17502303
Insight, perception, awareness, that's the third eye or mind.
remember, the average person in those times wasn't smart enough, they didn't have advanced knowledge of anatomy.
when you read ancient texts take into account the historical context.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.