[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there herbs that affect specific emotions? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-23-02h07m34s153.png (272 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-23-02h07m34s153.png
272 KB, 720x404
Are there herbs that affect specific emotions?

I don't mean intoxicating herbs that affect your body. The stuff I have in mind works more like how coffee affects wakefulness than like alcohol affects the entire body and mind. More subtle, more mental.
>>
File: Herb Lore.jpg (340 KB, 800x2569) Image search: [Google]
Herb Lore.jpg
340 KB, 800x2569
>>
>>17501513
This is interesting, but a little murderous for my purposes.
>>
St. John's Wort is supposed to improve your mood. I've tried it a few times and it's always worked, though it might just be the placebo effect.
>>
File: 1307398719342.jpg (581 KB, 895x1516) Image search: [Google]
1307398719342.jpg
581 KB, 895x1516
>>
You'd be interested in the effects of vaporising concentrated terpenes. Google it.
>>
>>17501592 here
I'll also add you're just describing the effects of chemicals on brain chemistry. Alcohol, coffee, herbs, terpenes, it doesn't matter, it's the same thing going on at a base level.
>>
>>17501512
Coffee does effect your body though, it increases your blood pressure and constricts your blood vessels, as well as increasing urination.
>>
>>17501615
You could take caffeine unknowingly and not notice it through the bodily effects, is what I mean.
>>
Chick peas boost your serotonin levels. Apparently.

Are you looking for something specific, OP?
>>
>>17501512
i have a family member who's into chinese medicine and chinese herbs. you might want to look into that. she claims they affect her mood and physical processes but i don't remember any specifics and it could be mostly placebo type effect. if you go to a chinese acupuncturist or herbalist i bet they could recommend something based on your needs but there's also info online if you look.
>>
Chamomile helps you relax. Ginseng gives you energy.
>>
>>17501640
If you didn't notice those effects it would be due to you not being observant, not through them not being there.

I say this often: everything is medicine in one dose and poison in another. You'll get some effect with anything. Some kinds of cheese are reputed to cause nightmares. Many kinds of plants are psychoactive.

If you could be more specific about what you're trying to evoke in yourself artificially, we might be more helpful. If you're looking for a love potion, we're going to laugh at you.
>>
>>17503049
Cameltoe gets me tense
In the you know what, in
the you know where ; )>
>>
>>17501547
datura! just like coffee!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.