[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Furby spoopy thread. Anyone have any strange experiences with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: furby.jpg (19 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
furby.jpg
19 KB, 298x300
Furby spoopy thread.

Anyone have any strange experiences with them? I have some strange happenings, but nothing conclusive or interesting.
>>
After I threw one out of the car window when I was a child, I never wanted anything to do with my Furby (Furbie? Furbee?). It seemed to follow me around the house, always on the floor by corners of walls or furniture. The internal battery was long fried, yet the creature still blinked and made...noises. For a while I even had nightmares of the little deformed thing.
>>
>>17498974
that was your parent or sibling.
>>
File: 1412852921234.jpg (45 KB, 499x826) Image search: [Google]
1412852921234.jpg
45 KB, 499x826
>>
Why do so many people hate them? I had a few, got them as toys from McDonalds when I was a kid, they were cute and had little music tunes playing from them. How is anyone creeped out by them? They don't look particularly spooky or anything, just cute.
>>
>>17499289
Mine would talk when it shouldn't have been talkibg. Just randomly in the middle of the night. And mine never actually said real words so it just made noises that should have been words because I had a defective shitty one. They were creepy little bastards
>>
they are servants of satan
>>
>>17499289
>>17499300
Their batteries lasted longer than they should have, as in, they didn't have the power to function correctly, but enough to make weird sounds at the wrong times. They're notoriously creepy as fuck af.
>>
>Be me, around 9-10
>Have Furby that looks like pic related
>The thing is no longer working properly; its voice is staticy, its speech stalls and it has fits
>Mother keeps telling me to toss it
>Watch way too many Youtube videos about them being evil
>Underage brain scrambles to an idea
>Get two neighborhood friends over to backyard
>We grab sticks and pretend it's a tiny demon we have to fight
>An hour of autism passes and we decide to leave it in the forest behind our homes because it's battered to rubbish
>That's that

>A year passes
>Whenever we're in the forest, we sometimes joke about finding the Furby/pretend we found it/etc.
>In woods one day, one friend drifts off
>Suddenly he squeals
>"G-Guys it's the Furby"
>It's somehow wedged between two big rocks
>Its fur is almost black with dirt
>The fur on its back has been completely torn off (by birds or animals)
>The bottom half of its beak is gone
>It has one eye left and it's partially rolled to the side
>The door to the battery compartment had been popped off and there was a type of moss growing inside of it
>Friend that squealed ends up crying and throwing it into a dumpster
I wish I had taken some fucking photos of it because that would've beaten about half of /x/'s scary image content. I haven't completely unseen that despite how long ago it was.
>>
Mine had a funny audio corruption, when I bought it it said "te quiero" (which means "I love you" in spanish) but after some time (about 2 years) of collecting dust and being locked away in my basement it started sounding like a really slowed down, angry "ME QUEMO" (which means "I'm burning")

At that time (around the early 90s) my nanny thought it was possesed and fucking destroyed it
>>
>>17498957
So, Furbies only know Furbish and English if you teach them some phrases, right?
When I was 7, I got one as a present. I'm Russian, and I didn't know English at the time, so I barely used the English manual and only spoke to it in Russian. One day, I put Furby on top of a pile of books, then wanted to read one of them, and asked Furby (in Russian): "Hey, can I take that book?"
"Okay", it responded. I think t was the first time I got a recognizable word out if it.
How the hell did that thing understand me?
>>
>>17499463
>I wish I had taken some fucking photos of it because that would've beaten about half of /x/'s scary image content. I haven't completely unseen that despite how long ago it was.

Such a wasted opportunity. Pity.

>>17499498
Fucking with superstitious people is fun.
>>
>>17499776
It didn't.
>>
File: furbyboom.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
furbyboom.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
I have one of those new gen furby that change personalities and have fur patterns, mine is like pic related. The thing with it is that it if you move it rough it will wake up, so I put mine on the cabinet under my wardrobe to stop my cat from waking it in the middle of the night (the personality that stayed is annoying and yells when you wake her up)
This happened a month ago:

>I'm in the living room with my laptop browsing the internet
>cats are sleeping in the couch that is in front of me, dog is also asleep
>suddenly, I hear kid footsteps, running up the stairs all the way the upper floor while giggling
>wtf, we don't have kids and no one is upstairs since dad is at the hospital and mom is staying in my sister's room
>I decide to go to my room because whatever it is I don't wanna have a Grudge experiencie late at night
>cats and dog are alerted and follow me to my room
>Open the door, hear furby waking up
>It's laughing maniacally, it doesn't stop and her eyes show drawings of flowers
>The furby is yelling "this is fun" and continues laughing
>My pets are in hysterics and run out the room
>Sister comes and yells at me to stop the furby because it's too loud
>Furby doesn't stop laughing in a while until it yells that she is tired and turns off

Mom and sister heard the furby too, they didn't believe me when I told them it woke up by itself. Creepy furby, when it wakes up on her annoying personality she yells that she's ready to party or that she wants to dance, I have tried waking her up to the same laughter, it doesn't.
>>
>>17498957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkbEE9GN1Hk
>>
>>17499289
poor kid. mcdonalds furbies. you didn't have the real thing...
>>
>>17499312
The more modern ones were made with an AI sort of thing built in so that it could "learn" English and speak it.
>>
>>17498957
Dude, I swear. These little fucks had something weird going on.

>be around 7
>sleepover at friends
>she has a furby
>middle of the night it starts talking
>saying weird shit and laughing
>friend freaks the fuck out and takes off the batteries

Fuck those things!
>>
Fuck these things. I had two as a kid, one is black and white (still have it, don't judge it's cute and stored away) the other was grey and white (the creepy one) For whatever reason I tossed the grey one in the closet and it didn't react, meaning it wasn't off balance to talk or wake up. The night comes around and the little bastard is saying "let me out haha". I don't have siblings and my parents didn't ever mess around with my toys so what the fuck. I kept it out of my room from then on, and like I said I tossed it shortly afterwards. Those were the first edition ones, and I must have been 10 since they came out in 1998.
>>
First time ever posting on /x/ when I was a kid about 7 my grandma gave me her furby so it was an og motherfucking furby. It was brown with tan ears. It would hum and snooze like it should but randomly in the night it would start singing songs by humming then stop. And eventually after a couple months it would talk but not like how it normally talked. Maybe it was the batteries but when I showed it to my friends and forced it to talk by putting my finger in its mouth to activate it's tounge button it would then talk gibberish. Probably just didn't like it when I fingered its mouth. Either way thing was creepy and I lost it when I moved from my first house. My parents live in my new house while I'm off at school. I remember thinking I saw it at my new house but that place is in the woods in no where so weird stuff is always happening. So ya weird fur things are fucking annoying to sleep with in conclusion.
>>
Anyone have that story of the anon that played hide and seek alone with his furby? He even had pictures, crazy shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.