[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: 1421736275424.jpg (61 KB, 1216x868) Image search: [Google]
1421736275424.jpg
61 KB, 1216x868
I don't believe in any of the shit on this board.
Convince me otherwise.
>>
Tips fedorah
>>
>>17497451
Six letters in ghosts, devide by 2 because two words in your title, 6/2=3. 3 sides to a triangle, Illuminati confirmed. Get your tin foil hat.
>>
>>17497451

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis?
>>
>>17497451
>don't believe in any of the shit on this board
>ANY
You set the bar really low, considering that serial killers and missing people are regular subjects of threads on this board, along with the famous Dyatlov Pass Incident.

So: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_killer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_disappeared_mysteriously

You may begin to pedal backwards now.
>>
She packed my bags last night, pre-flight
Zero hour, nine A.M.
And I'm gonna be high
As a kite by then
>>
>>17497451

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident

Sweet dreams.
>>
>>17497484
trolls only pedal forward
>>
>>17497489
Murasame?
>>
File: Cookie cutter shurk.png (298 KB, 450x304) Image search: [Google]
Cookie cutter shurk.png
298 KB, 450x304
>>17497451
>>
Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand
>>
>>17497451
you're on this board do you believe in yourself?
>>
>>17497481
I have, but I know the scientific reasoning behind it, so bring your tinfoil hats.

>>17497511
Yes, I prefer in the belief of oneself over the belief that you need to pray to some power because you can't accomplish something yourself.
>>
>>17497451
kek
>>
>>17497516

How many times have you experienced sleep paralysis?

What happened?
>>
>>17497451
>Convince me otherwise.
A black man became president for two consecutive terms!
>>
File: believe.jpg (25 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
25 KB, 500x359
>>17497533
>>
>>17497533

and a woman is next!
>>
>>17497451
you're the judge of what you consider to be real. you've already established that you scorn that which doesn't fit into your paradigm, so.. nah. you already have an answer to anything new that might be presented to you. I suspect this is another way for you to stroke your ego in the form of what you believe to be intellectual superiority, quite similarly to a roleplayer. I await to hear what flavor of neckbeard you assign me to be based on no evidence.
>>
>>17497553
I'm not stroking my ego, as I am fully willing to be convinced. I just want some sort of reason to be convinced, some sort of proof, if you wish. Like a court awaiting evidence.
>>
>>17497533
>>17497546
Something to begin with..
>>
>>17497519
It's very rare, and I don't recall my dreams, half of the time I'm busy trying to think of better ways to implement my code, or new interesting ways to affect audio. It's usually just me waking up with an idea but I wake up before my body does, then go to sleep and the next time I wake I can move.
>>
>>17497516
>Yes, I prefer in the belief of oneself over the belief that you need to pray to some power because you can't accomplish something yourself.
Then we are victorious!
>>
>>17497561
no you aren't. any chosen topic already has its strong arguments, its "evidence" and the response from cynics is always that it's either fabricated or not scientifically verfiable, if plausible. If you're truly open minded, you're willing to be in discovery yourself, not this bullshit "debate" style spoonfeed thread. that is all you're getting from me. goodnight.
>>
>>17497561
You want to sit there and make your judgements but you don't want to put any effort into looking for information on your own. What exactly makes you worth convincing?
>>
>>17497582
No, this is all inaccurate and petty.

In most instances, people have evaluated these concepts and found them to be lacking which is why the vast majority of humanity either doesn't believe in them at all or, in the case of cultural religious anchors, admits there's no evidence and that it's pure faith.

However, open minded people will still allow the possibility that everyone and all evidence and all reasoning to date could be in error, provided someone has some new evidence or argument to present.

When someone like you whines about spoonfeeding and insults people and acts like a childish little ass because someone was open minded enough to say, "I'm open to you providing some new argument that suggests the entire rest of the fucking world is wrong," that just shows you're an irrational little asshole.

I'm sorry to be that blunt, but seriously, anon, that behavior's not justifiable. If you have something to show OP, show it. If not, don't start laying on the insults and fallacies. That just makes you into a dick.
>>
>>17497593
Not that guy but no, fuck OP. We're not here to do the research for him and then convince him. A lot of us spend a lot of time looking into this kind of stuff. We waste our time presenting it to "skeptics" and they ALWAYS find reasons to wave it away. He's not really as interested or open as he pretends to be if he hasn't found a single thing that at least seems plausible to him.

You're the asshole.
>>
File: 1422258815576.jpg (252 KB, 600x474) Image search: [Google]
1422258815576.jpg
252 KB, 600x474
>>17497618
You could literally convince me that all existence was made yesterday, provided you convince and stuff me with enough evidence or proof, no matter how much of it is made up.
>>
https://youtu.be/l9JiebyECQo

What is this? Any help someone?
>>
>>17497618
Then don't respond. I, myself, would be here for that if I had anything to share with him. You don't speak for the entire goddamned board so if you don't have anything to share with OP then go do something else.

And no, I'm not the asshole. I'm not some pitiful little twit screaming at someone about how much they don't want to talk to them. You're irrational and neurotic and you need to go calm the fuck down. Jesus Christ, fucking children these days...
>>
>>17497500
kek

elton john
>>
>>17497451

K, this is not the kinda thing you would be told about in here anyway.

Do you think it is possible to hate your enemies with a blind rage? Devour their sons that you murdered with your hands, be gay or bi and suck and be fucked and fuck as much as you want without any borders and go to heaven and keep fucking in there?

Do you think a human would be entitled to this?
>>
>>17497451
You are your reality dumbshit, if you don't believe a thing it doesn't exist for you therefore can't be proved to you.
>>
>>17497631
some faggot's attempt at cryptic tryhardiness?
>>
File: 2832655391430821467.jpg (176 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
2832655391430821467.jpg
176 KB, 320x320
>>17497451
the only way you'll be convinced is through personal experience of so called "paranormal" events/phenomena.

So if you really want to be convinced read up on some esoteric stuff. Practice it as though it were real and observe outcome. If something happens and you can validate it with your own experience then you'll believe it.
If nothing happens then you won't.

it's not an issue of logical argueing. that is useless as a method of knowing, especially when the subject matter is non-physical
>>
>>17497451
how about this:

Do you believe that you are only your physical body?
>>
pfft implying we give a shit go to class lad
>>
>>17497481
there is fucking nothing paranormal or supernatural or 3spooky5me about sleep paralysis
>>
>>17497471
God dammit you piss me off
>>
>>17497546
Naw trump will win. I dont want him, but he will
>>
Will these trips convince you?
>>
>>17497618
>We waste our time presenting it to "skeptics" and they ALWAYS find reasons to wave it away
That sentence is meaningless unless you prove that the "skeptics" are rejecting your statements without reason
You also need to allow room for the possibility that the people rejecting your ideas are correct in doing so and you may well have been wrong every time a skeptic "find reasons to wave it away"
Being open to things does not mean accepting them as truth, it means listening to them
>>
File: Humanity has Declined!!!.png (962 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Humanity has Declined!!!.png
962 KB, 1280x720
The spiritual energy of our days of the week gives us the wisdom and power to understand the universe.

If you look at the days, as a dimension hopper, they really tell you if the time you're in is magical or not.

Monday- Moon day
It was a day of poetry and meditation originally. The moon is in charge of all tears, amniotic fluid, tides, periods, and certain herbs that give vivid dreams or help breast milk.

tuesday is tyr's day tyr is a warrior god, who never broke his word except once and he lost his arm for it.

Wednas-day is Wodenaz's day. The day of the wizard. This day is also Mercury's day and good for sending correspondance/communicating.

Thursday is thors days. You should ideally be a devoted father on this day, think what the loving father in the sky'd do.

Friday is Freya's day. Freya is the goddess of sex and love, and plant fertility. But also of excess. On friday people go out drinking.

Saturday is saturn's day. Saturn is in charge of borders, borders everywhere. His power is depicted as an old man, or as a hag in ancient society. Hags are poisoners, the put hexes on you with math and science.

Sunday is the sun's day. Christians are associated with it because they worship the virgin mother(the universe) with a sun, why we call them Sons is no coincidence. So on sunday we make good example for our sons.

It's not really paranormal until you know this then you realize that fights happen on tuesday because you were too loose friday and you had to go to court on saturday because you were late on delivering something wendsday.

Magic is the answer to how to remember.
>>
>>17498550

Dude, check this out, does this sound dreamy to you?

>>17498429
>>
>>17498444
>You are your reality dumbshit, if you don't believe a thing it doesn't exist for you therefore can't be proved to you.
Logical problems with this post: That's not how truth works
Practical problems with this post: If that is how truth works then "truth", "reality" and "existence" have no meaning
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 400x400
>>
>>17498574
what you consciously percieve is one billionth of the information your body is taking in. that's .0000000001%. I'm not really a believer in solipsism, but do you understand how incredibly arrogant it is to profess that you know how this all works? you're welcome to your judgements, and you're welcome to disregarding how ignorant all of us are, however you're not going to learn anything that way.
>>
>>17497484

Seriously. Just Google: mysterious disappearances, strange/weird/freaky deaths, (local) urban legends, etc etc. It's not hard to find things to convince. Unless you refuse to be convinced, but that's a different problem.

Some people could be slapped in the face by ghost and still refuse to believe. If that's you, then just go.
>>
>>17498779

Meant to link this to OP, sorry.
>>
>>17498543
You tried
>>
>>17497500
ro-cket-man
>>
>>17497451
Only one video of an alien craft/Bigfoot has to be real for it to be real; in order for it to be a hoax thousands of videos have to be fake, every single one of them.
>>
>>17498504
Couldn't possibly agree more with this. If you want to believe/learn you will need to observe it for yourself.Spooky "this just appeared on my phone" and stupid rp stories will not do this, in fact it is doubtful that any kind of "evidence" we could possiblby come up with could be refuted in some way. I think if you wish to believe or to be proven right/wrong about your beliefs you gotta get out there and experience things for yourself. build or break down rationales and form your own opinions. Sorry Anon but i dont think theres a magic pill for this one
>>
>>17499151
>could be refuted
couldn't**
>>
>>17497451
your mom works at a clothes store
>>
>>17497575
That isn't really sleep paralysis.
>>
>>17497546
Nah, Bernie won't win.
>>
>>17497561
lol we must honor this respectable gentlegod because his sheer generousity and kind spirit. How kind of him to honor us with his high iq we must band together /x/ for the skeptical autist is surely different from the last 600.
Vivv off shick
>>
>>17499160
>paralyzed
>sleeping
Literally sleep paralysis
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.