[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /x/philes, A while ago I came into possession of an old newsletter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: T&Sufo.jpg (629 KB, 1664x1520) Image search: [Google]
T&Sufo.jpg
629 KB, 1664x1520
So /x/philes,
A while ago I came into possession of an old newsletter (circa 1844) that on the back had a story about a group of people who went out in Illinois and saw a light in the sky spell out the number 1-8-6-0. What could this mean? Did anything big paranormal happen in 1860? Are there other similar events you know of?

Pic related, it's the paper.
>>
Bump but timestamp would be nice
>>
>>17497377
Timestamp delivered
>>
I'm gonna post a transcript of the story.
Stay tuned.
>>
Here's the text

Mr. John Hatfield,
Sir… I must hasten to give you an account of a singular phenomenon which was seen in this neighborhood on the night of the 19th inst. It was reported that a panther had been seen at the Logan deadening (you know the place) and on the evening of the 19th. Jesse Fox, William and Lorenzo Fox, David Bale, James Wilson, and William Cole, with some others repaired to the place to see if they could discover and kill the monster; but failing in this they retired to the house of Solomon Mendenhall at which place they stayed a short time, while there they discovered a ball rising from the east in an oblique line, and as it ascended it moved towards the west with great rapidity until it was high in the heavens, leaving a streak of light behind it, which, to the natural eye, had the appearance of being thirty or forty feet in length. This light remained stationary for about one minute; both ends then coming round formed a figure of 8, which figure also retained its position for the same space of time; it then was transformed into a figure of 6, which also remained for about a minute; it then was formed into a cipher or 0;which remained for about three minutes. The figures put together made 1860 in large figures, in the heavens. The phenomenon was indeed singular and has been a matter of great speculation with us.,
Respectfully yours, &c.,
WILLIAM MARTINDALE.
>>
I think the first thing to do in this case would be to find any old newspapers or newsletters dated around 1860 to see if anything out of the normal happened in the general area then.
>>
>>17497281
Share with mufon
>>
>>17497422
Fake and gay. You an see the pixels of the shooped time stamp.
>>
File: 1455758178515.jpg (87 KB, 764x960) Image search: [Google]
1455758178515.jpg
87 KB, 764x960
>>17497281
Events in 1860:
>Lincoln elected President
>first Japanese embassy built in US
>beginning of the civil war
>Chondrite-type meteorite falls in Ohio
>cocaine invented
>>
There are lists of historical events in the 1860s
http://www.onthisday.com/events/date/1860
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1860

But if it was a big ayy lmao event there was probably a cover up. Try finding journals and things of the people mentioned. Mormons are good at archiving things, and that's a Mormon paper.
>>
>>17497450
We got a creature sighting, the "panther", then some crazy light phenomenon. Just John Keel type ultraterrestrials fucking around again.

Nah who knows, that newsletter is great though, thanks for sharing.
>>
File: Sad Puppy.jpg (23 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Sad Puppy.jpg
23 KB, 450x300
>>17499106
What type of alien could be easily confused with a panther?
>>
Curiosity bump
>>
Fuckin' serious?
Lincoln fucks everything up. Whatever was out there was trying to tell people that.
>>
>>17502721

Maybe it was the 19th century aylmao version of 420 blaze it. Only for motherfuckin cocaine.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.